Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos (17181 Views)

EndSARS: Mike Okiro Urges Tinubu To Declare October 20 National Freedom Day / Al-Mustapha: 56 People Eating Nigeria Like Termites / Aisha Buhari, Titi Atiku Abubakar, Mike Okiro To Grace ASO Outstanding Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by ufotunang: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2022
How did he fix Lagos.....agberos , hoodlums everywhere in Lagos
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by pquaver(m): 8:17am On Aug 27, 2022
ALMUSTAQIM:
https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/26/tinubu-will-fix-nigeria-like-lagos-ex-police-ig-okiro/

God bless okiro and all Igbos who shun tribalism to say the truth.. I Schooled in lagos and I know exactly what he is saying..

2 Likes

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by ufotunang: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2022
Beremx:
Lagos was already fixed before Tinubu migrated from Iragbiji in Osun State to Lagos.
Is Mike Okiro high on hard drugs? Well, his opinion on Tinubu will only earn his only one vote. Nigerians are following the Obidient movement
...do just mind him.. tinubu has fill his pocket with dollars
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2022
The truth is when it comes to track records and investment in human resources, Tinubu has no mate. Atiku is his son, and Obi his grandson.

Obi wants to save. He will employ no one , owe salaries in the name of saving them in the bank, and tax heavily in the name of not wanting to borrow.

Atiku? I have never trusted this man. He has no track records. He is better known as PDP rigging machine.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Simplythebest: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2022
I don't respond to people who insult others just to prove a point. Learn to respect others view after that i will respond to u next time. U need to grow
candidtalk:

Don't get it twisted, most IPOBian will remain bigoted cretins. This man just happens to be a fair human being able to defer to events and experiences he was a living and involved witness to.

He saw how Tinubu worked, from close quarters, and this has shaped his thinking about his suitability to be President.

That alone makes him a different species of Nigerian because most Nigerians, not IPOBians alone, can deny their own parents if money or other personal reward is on offer.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2022
Beremx:
Lagos was already fixed before Tinubu migrated from Iragbiji in Osun State to Lagos.
Is Mike Okiro high on hard drugs? Well, his opinion on Tinubu will only earn his only one vote. Nigerians are following the Obidient movement

Mike Okiro, on merit, was one of the names associated with 'super cop' status back then along with others like Parry Osanyande etal unlike the glorified drug dealers Nigeria has today, like Abba Kyari, parading as distinguished police bosses.

It is a shame ethnocentric bigotry can make you now disrespect a thorough professional who excelled at a job that was the most difficult in Nigeria back then. I.e crime fighting.

All this because of your support for IPOB candidate Obi whose pal James Nwafor was murdering Igbos and dumping their bodies in Anambra Rivers, thereby taunting their families, while Obi conveniently looked the other way.

If you can insult Okiro and dismiss the eye witness testimony of a distinguished crime fighter involved in the effort to sanitize Lagos back then, and rid her of crime, who will you guys not insult because of Obi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Healthquest: 8:23am On Aug 27, 2022
Hanndye:

Saying Tinubu brought Eko Atlantic City is as good as saying Obasanjo brought mobile telephony.
see brain dead? So eko Atlantic was existing somewhere and he now bring it to Lagos?

I can't cure ds madness pls. Run along with it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:24am On Aug 27, 2022
pquaver:

God bless okiro and all Igbos who shun tribalism to say the truth.. I Schooled in lagos and I know exactly what he is saying..

I have wondered why the Igbos who hate Tinubu hate him.

Tinubu was fair to everyone as governor of Lagos state. In fact, he was the one who truly made Lagos feel like a no man's land. His cabinet was cosmopolitan, hence why he appears to have beneficiaries in every tribe, including the current Emir of Katsina.

Why do these Igbos hate Tinubu?

The man even had an Igbo man holding an influential post in his cabinet for 8 solid years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by jamace(m): 8:24am On Aug 27, 2022
Throwback:

Obi was useless in Anambra, so you think Tinubu was also useless despite setting up almost all the agencies that exist in Lagos till today.

BRT was his project, Eko Atlantic, Lekki Free Trade Zone, Enron IPP. He revamped the Lagos Judiciary system. Tinubu established the Office of the Public Defender to fight for the rights of those who need legal support.

His work on Lagos economy is deserving of a Nobel Prize.

We are not even talking about the regular healthcare, roads, and education that were routine accomplishments.

The Governors that succeeded him continued to pursue his masterplan, so we have lightrail coming on board soon.

Peter Obi's greatest accomplishment was learning how to navigate the decadence of Onitsha. The Semifinalist is the king of the tiptoe dance of shame.
TINUBU DID NOT TRANSFORM LAGOS.

Is it Tinubu that made Lagos a Federal Capital for many decades?

Is it BAT that built MMIA and the seaports in Lagos?

Is it Asiwaju that located all the Federal Institutions capital in Lagos?

Is it Tinubu that made all the oil companies and Banks to locate their head offices in Lagos and pay tax to Lagos?

Is it Tinubu that built 3rd mainland bridge?

Is it Tinubu that built Dodan Barracks?

U can deceive some people some times but u can't deceive all the people all the time.

Tinubu met Lagos already harbouring all our National Treasures and Investments.

Stop the LIES that Tinubu developed Lagos!
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 27, 2022
Simplythebest:
I don't respond to people who insult others just to prove a point. Learn to respect others view after that i will respond to u next time. U need to grow

Bro, I don't respect ostriches like you either. If I describe IPOB , or IPOBians who support them, as evidence of their behaviour confirms they truly are then you can jump in the nearest lake if my factual talk about them offends you.

Abi you want me to use nice words about bandits, ISWAP and Boko Haram too just so I can gain your 'valuable' response? Nonsense.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Edun00700: 8:29am On Aug 27, 2022
Nigerians are following obedient why mike okiro is alien?
Beremx:
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Komu1048(m): 8:30am On Aug 27, 2022
Quest7777:

Just like saying a 50yr old Ronaldo will win Champions League for Manchester United just like he did for Real Madrid.

Look, the bat is far past his prime & is suffering from Parkinsonism & Amnesia. He will just turn Aso Rock into an Old People's Retirement Home with half of his tenure spent abroad on Medical Tourism.

&why would any sane & patriotic citizen desire a President like this...?

U sounded foolish with this comparison. how is athletics that perform best when young compare to politics n governance that's is best with experience.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by DropsMic(m): 8:30am On Aug 27, 2022
Quest7777:

Why would any sane & patriotic citizen desire a President like this...?

We blacks are not known for our patriotism
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Ucloaded01: 8:30am On Aug 27, 2022
buksarki:
Any body that said to you that Tinubu build Lagos is an illiterate. Lagos State was a capital of Nigeria for 77yrs, most of development was concentrated in Lagos than any state, all the foreign embassies and companies was there, The only functional seaport and International Airport has being there even before Tinubu becomes Governor. The Lagos allocation is double or triple that of Anambra State. The whole 8yrs of Tinubu as a Governor he did not build anything new , he only pointing fingers to achievements of his successors and federal government. Abuja is just 30yrs what other state aside Lagos you can compare in terms of infrastructures.

Below is Lagos of 1970. Very clean before the advent of Agboro master build Makoto floating slum.

Nice point there.

All you see are senile individuals that need help anytime you hear them compare Lagos with Anambra, like if they make Anambra the capital of Nigeria for just 20 years, you can compare it with the shit hole called Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by mayortm001(m): 8:31am On Aug 27, 2022
GOD BLESS NIGERIA[/quote]

I can only reply to this.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Musauzor(m): 8:33am On Aug 27, 2022
Okiro, we are disappointed that you are supporting an incapacitated man to run the affairs of the country at this time. Come back to your state Imo ( you know you are not from Rivers State as you fraudulently claim) and campaign for Bola Tribulation. Tribulation will visit you.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by tsdarkside(m): 8:34am On Aug 27, 2022
candidtalk:

God bless you. Those who truly love Lagos, wherever they are from, will admit same as you about what Lagos was and what Tinuhu did to improve things.

Bro, I bet you remember the time criminals operated with so much impunity, because Lagos was so lawless, they used to write neighbourhoods to inform them of date they will arrive to Rob them. They would then urge Lagosians to cooperate or face the consequences.

Lagos then was like IPOB land today where criminals told us when to leave our homes or stay in because they wish to operate. Criminals were the defects bosses of Lagosians then.

To me, I liken Lagos then to Nigeria under Buhari. Criminality festers when the political will or sincerity to tackle it does not exist.

Neither was the case with Tinubu back then and, to living eye witnesses, the man cleaned up Lagos spectacularly and successfully to the extent many Lagosians were hailing him a miracle worker.

At the end of the day bro, those who will rise above ethnic, religious and sectional bias will do the right thing and support the right candidate like Mike Okiro

We leave the "Tinubu did not build Lagos" and "Lagos was capital for 2 million years" crew to their own destructive bigotry and rotten,hateful and damaged souls.

bro....lets talk truth to each other....
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Freethinker87: 8:36am On Aug 27, 2022
H100:
When people say Lagos is fixed, I just wonder how much more ignorance they’ll have to display to ascertain their stupidity level.

Lagos is not a yardstick

The people saying this don't live in Lagos. They live somewhere in Ibadan or the hinterlands of Ogbomosho. They have only seen Lagos in pictures, so don't blame them too much.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by mckay06(m): 8:36am On Aug 27, 2022
ALMUSTAQIM:
https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/26/tinubu-will-fix-nigeria-like-lagos-ex-police-ig-okiro/

Some elders don't deserve respect like this one, he thinks Nigeria is Lagos. Tinubu has Dementia.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 27, 2022
Komu1048:

U sounded foolish with this comparison. how is athletics that perform best when young compare to politics n governance that's is best with experience.

Logical thinking is never a strong point of desperate Obidullards.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Johel(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2022
ALMUSTAQIM:

What a joke...u mean Lagos the glorified slum??...APC is a party filled with FOOLS.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Bollinga: 8:40am On Aug 27, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
When you ask them to mention one state that is better than Lagos in terms of economy and infrastructure.
They will simply tell you Lagos was once Nigeria capital, that Asiwaju did nothing in lagos.�

Abuja has been our capital territory since on the 4th febuary 1976
Which means more than 50yrs that Abuja has been the capital city.

Kindly ask the haters, what stop Abuja from overtaking Lagos as the largest commercial city

Whats stop Abuja from overtaking Lagos as the largest economy.
One thing funny about these children of hate is that, most of them find peace in this state, they find livelihood in this state, they are all over alaba international Market selling their goods with peace and happiness.

They are all over trade fair, doing their daily business without a mandatory sit at home order.
They are all over auto partz selling their spare part with joy and happiness

Most of these children of hate go to their village to bring members of their family, relatives and friends to this great city of Lagos to earn a living.

But they are such an ingrate to acknowledged the effort of a man that sustain the development of this great city that makes their business strives

God no go shame us

Don't compare Abuja to lagos with the major seaport in Nigeria.. Apapa port alone generated over 800 billion for lagos in 2021

That being said, Lagos being the major seaport will definitely attract igbos who are majorly Traders to it

99 percent of imported goods in Nigeria is through lagos port. That's why you have many igbos in Tradefair and Alaba.

So my friend lagos was made the economic centre of Nigeria. Not by Tinubu, it has been like that far before he became the governor of lagos state.

Stop attributing lagos achievements to one man
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Victoxy(m): 8:41am On Aug 27, 2022
Beremx:
Honestly. His track record is even poorer than his successors. Fashola perfomed wonders as a governor but could not replicate the same form as a minister. Nigeria is not Lagos and it would never be. Look at the hypocrites shouting track record. What track record did Yar a dua have before becoming a president. Our best one at that

1 Like

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Musauzor(m): 8:41am On Aug 27, 2022
So to your mind, it is Bola Tribulation that can salvage this country at this point in time with all his physical weaknesses, frailties , mental lethargic condition, Parkinson's disease, incontinence and amnesia. It's unfortunate that people we looking up to,to help save our country are the ones, for selfish pecuniary interest, trying to market this unmarketable product ( Bola Tribulation)
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Hanndye: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
hahahahaha is that his achievements biko? obituary diverted the state fund into his family business this is a known fact

Invested not diverted. According to Sahara Reporters:

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Yoruba1stson: 8:43am On Aug 27, 2022
fombi:
For all those supporting Tinubu. May your life be like his inability to give press conference and inability to think critically. As you work on offering failure to Nigeria may the darkness you work for be your rewards right away. May the blood of those killed during EndSars of which Tinubu is involved in, may their blood cry for justice.
cry cry baby, on Tinubu's mandate i stand gidigba
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Victoxy(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2022
Bollinga:

Don't compare Abuja to lagos with the major seaport in Nigeria.. Apapa port alone generated over 800 billion for lagos in 2021

That being said, Lagos being the major seaport will definitely attract igbos who are majorly Traders to it

99 percent of imported goods in Nigeria is through lagos port. That's why you have many igbos in Tradefair and Alaba.

So my friend lagos was made the economic centre of Nigeria. Not by Tinubu, it has been like that far before he becomes the governor of lagos state.

Stop attributing lagos achievements to one man
Exactly. Several yorubas are scattered across the country and no one is asking why they are there but here they have made Lagos a special place as if it is not in Nigeria. If all the Igbos were to sell their properties and moved to their state,Lagos will wreck. All these mofos abusing the immigrants do not have a single piece of land in Lagos not to mention a successful business. SMH
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Slynation(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2022
Throwback:
Those who had the privilege of working with Tinubu have again endorsed his presidential candidacy.

A former IG of Police who had served as Police Commissioner in Lagos during the administration of Tinubu, has embraced the competence and brilliance for which he remembers Tinubu.

I dare to ask, where are those who worked with the other candidates?
Look at you, Okiro is aiming for his stomach infrastructure in advance, I guess he's aiming for an appointment when Tinubu eventually becomes the President of South West Region...

1 Like

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by pquaver(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

I have wondered why the Igbos who hate Tinubu hate him.

Tinubu was fair to everyone as governor of Lagos state. In fact, he was the one who truly made Lagos feel like a no man's land. His cabinet was cosmopolitan, hence why he appears to have beneficiaries in every tribe, including the current Emir of Katsina.

Why do these Igbos hate Tinubu?

The man even had an Igbo man holding an influential post in his cabinet for 8 solid years.

Bro, some Igbos are naturally wicked. I will tell you out of fact that the igbo man is the most wicked and intolerant being on earth. Just imagine a people who condemn their fellow human beings to osu caste systems in 2022 , to the point they so called literate and Christians Still engage in it. They tell you it's tradition .. They hypocritical make events to claim to abolish it but still go behind to keep perpetrating the evil.. Yet they are the first to shout marginalization in Nigeria and ask for right abroad or in other people's lands. An anambra man can never rule imo state, am imo man can never rule anambra and so on.. The amount of hate within is something.. I will tell you a short story.. When I wanted to get married, (my father is a knight in the catholic church, and educated Lawyer, sex posed and also traditional ruler of my village) so I was talking to my brother and he asked about my wife he she was an osu, I replied why is he asking me that, that I do not care about that and that she is nt but even if she was it would not have stopped me. Do you know my whole family started to question and talk in support that if the girl was osu they will not be involved in the whole thing. I told they if they like they should not participate I don't care and it won't stop me.. My greatest worry was that I have 9 siblings of whom only 1 lives in Nigeria with the husband, all of us schooled abroad and also atleast 7 of my siblings had to fight racial injustice against them 1 way or the other abroad cos the felt racial abused. I keep thing, you don't like to be marginalized, you didn't like colonialism, you don't like to be racially profiled or even profiled at all but you come home within your jurisdiction and stamp your foot down that certain people wmus be segregated and profiled.. Sorry I am. Igbo but 90 % of Igbos are filled with hate and bitterness.. I am begin to think that maybe I was more open because we are only 2 who did our education outside igboland, we both schooled in Kings college lagos and I noticed that j the 2 of us are the most tribal and ethnic tolerant people in my family for example.. Cos St a young age we had hausa, Yoruba, Edo, urobo and igbo friends.. It baffles me why Igbos in lagos act tge way the do..
One truth is.. I know they will hate me for saying this.. But if Lagos was igboland, they would have been xenophobic to yorubas and hausa.. Facts..

3 Likes

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by onuman: 8:47am On Aug 27, 2022
Foolishness is when Okiro and Tinubu of the 1990s believe that 2023 belongs to the 1990s.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month / Obiano Promotes Clement Okodo Nigeria's 2017 Best Teacher, Gives Him N1M (Pics) / IPOB: Northern Elders Rejects Special Treatment, Trial For Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.