Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. (38376 Views)

Fans Watch Football Match In Flood In Bayelsa (Video & Pictures) / Where Do You Prefer To Watch Football? / How Much Does It Cost To Watch Football at Viewing Centres In Your Hood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by babtoundey(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
I'm one of those men that don't watch football. Watching ball just doesn't catch my fancy.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2022
Na this kind SIMPs dey like Vagiina People pass. Ask him all the Olosho Joints In the whole of Lagos while he Is deep asleep. He will mention all without opening his eyes..grin
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by etrouble: 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2022
Melap:
Does watching the sport put food on the table. I am one of such men. Since I know nothing about the sport I won't be caught staking 2 odds or sport betting only to open threads asking for help so my wife won't leave me.

Imagine screaming your lungs out every now and then while some school dropouts are paid millions of Pounds and Dollars for kicking round rubber round a field.

If Nigeria is playing, then I will watch it for national pride. When it's world cup, African or European championship, because I am biased towards some countries. And I will never scream my lungs out, except if and only if I am betting, then I know I have something at stake.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by favinvest: 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2022
Am not interested in what will give me BP, because am a fan while the players are already making billions.

So football is a big no no..

Infact I don't even subscribe to super sport sef..!
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by mamawa123: 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2022
Ninejaywon:

Hmm. Does that mean you don't take interest in watching any sports excluding football?

Those screaming and yelling that is the real deal right there.
How do you relax then? Like what are hobbies comprised of?

Women
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by AMossley(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
There's no need bashing the man
people have different areas of interest they prefer
the man in quote later got up to #500k if I'm not mistaken
I have watched other episodes where a man had to use 50/50 lifeline to answer the question how many legs has butterfly,yet the man is a powered boat driver on the island.
There was a man who though studied microbiology yet had to use 50/50 lifeline before he could correctly answer what is urology
Another too couldn't know another name for larynx.
Interests, field of study, one's career/profession sometimes determine how well versed one is in a particular area compared to some other areas.
Moreover when one is on hot sit,even the simplest question you can answer on a normal day can fall one's hands if on the hot seat

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

I do not watch football or any sports.

In high school I competed in following-
Field sports - football, field hockey, tracks
Court sports - lawn-tennis, badminton, squash, basketball.

When i got to university my interest changed, though I continued to play but not at competitive level. I learnt to drive car, i learnt to ride motorbike and I learnt to swim and also row canoe.

Today, I watch zero sports, any sports i play now is just as a hobby, nothing more.

OP, you have to realize that sports is entertainment. It is a huge economic investment, both rewarding and risky. In foreign places people stake huge bets on clubs. Media make tons of money from it. Cities that host games make lots of money. Universities that give sports scholarship make fortune from their sports.

I will give you example. Consider sports apparel, there are authentic issue and fake ones. The authentic one go for high price and millions of people buy them, year round. They come in various sizes from infants to adult, male and female cuts. In some countries they even make sports apparel for pets. Apparels include hats, shirts, blouse, jerseys, scarves, shoes. Then there are flags, stickers, and cups, plates, napkins, towels, and so on and so forth. Sports merchandising is a business sector on its own. Those with authentic products have affiliations with leagues and teams. Those that are fake products are considered piracy and illegal. Teams make more money from apparel sales than they do selling tickets. To continue this profit stream, they must hype the game and enhance the entertainment to addictive level. Nowadays sports has become associated with having happy time, table spread with food and alcohol.

In Nigeria, which university give sports scholarship? Which sports merchandiser is affiliated with any league or team abroad, and sell authentic product here? Which betting company here have foundation that use portion of profit to uplift community?

Brother, please let Nigerians enjoy their little money on things that contribute value to their lives. No be by force to watch sports. Each to his own.

Foreign sport for that matter with zero investment returns to Nigeria.
Why can't we use the same energy to develop our football leagues and maybe I might be interested.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Probz(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
spencekat:
Not all football lovers are gamblers o

And thank God for that. If everyone was a gambling thug/hooligan the world would be in disarray. What’s this obsession with moulding everyone to be just as fanatical about a game as you to prove that they have a dick you’re not even going to be looking at if you’re not puff/on the down-low about?
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Babateemd: 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2022
We watch hockey and american football
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by yvonnelynx: 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2022
Melap:
Does watching the sport put food on the table. I am one of such men. Since I know nothing about the sport I won't be caught staking 2 odds or sport betting only to open threads asking for help so my wife won't leave me.
Oga calm down. Watching the sport was about to put food on the table right here. Cos if he got the question wrong na house straight with empty hand. So did d sport put food Abi e nor put food? �
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by funkyshade(f): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
Funny, growing in the midst of boys, I was always the girl whom they used to guide the goal post or complete the monkey post. grin

Before I knew it, I was already going to viewing centres to watch football and babayaro My then crush around 1997 in Chelsea. undecided.

Moreover, I and my husband met at the yabatech sport complex in the year 2005. If not for football, I doubt i would be married to this Chelsea lover of mine.

And right now, my little girl watches Chelsea' s match with me. I ain't raising no sisi.

Football is life irrespective of gender.

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Chicastle: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
I don’t watch football but for me, the answer is already in on the question there

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by grandstar(m): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
I am an example. I doubt I have ever watched up to 20 football matches from the start to the finish. More like 5 grin grin grin

Nevertheless, I'm interested about info relating to the sport. I love info generally. Info if monetized can also bring in money.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by kay29000(m): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
I don't watch football at all, but I know the answer to that question. I just use my common sense... "Ue"fa ... "Europe." Plus, even though I don't watch football at all, people around won't let me rest with football gist, so some info sink in subconsciously.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by TechBaron: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2022
Melap:
I started watching European football in 2006. I knew about staking in 2012. That was 6 years later....

That you know about staking 2 odds got me wondering if truly, you know nothing about football.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by jikins(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2022
Fred166:
Very boring men. I wonder how they spend the weekend when they're less busy.

That wasn't his first question. He was about stepping up to ₦250,000 or there about....

So because someone doesn't share your interest they are automatically boring. Oh the hubris! Football is only one of many sports in the world. Even more so it's only one of the many interesting stuff in this world.

I personally like video games, basketball and movies. If I am to choose between those and football I'd never pick football once. But you don't see me shaming or calling others who don't share my interest boring that's just borderline narcissism.

We really need to open our minds that the world is way bigger than our little bubble. That every guy you know like football doesn't mean every guy in Nigeria should. We all have different experiences so its statistically unlikely for that to be the case.

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Probz(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2022
Joycehappy:

please sir help me with little amount to buy food to eat things are really tough the hunger is really much I beg any amount you can spare I ll appreciate the hunger is unbearable

I feel for your plight but the fact that he obviously won’t be a football-better/gambler doesn’t mean he’s balling in it or not struggling, himself. But you can try asking people on here who give off more well-to-do vibes. See where that takes you.

I help someone helps you soon. I would but I’m pretty low myself at the minute. Hopefully in the future.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by stasius: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2022
Nonsense post.

So because he failed to answer the question you believe he doesn't watch football.

Do you think most of these illiterate traders know what continent means? Some only know Manchester, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc. But if u ask them the continent where the leagues are played they don't know.
Some people also know all these facts and data.. Even the names of all the players in the various clubs yet they don't watch football.

So oga you can't use this scenario to judge. Find something else.

Moreover when you are on a hot seat you may forget the number of States in Nigeria or the continent where Ghana is. So calm down.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Cognitivereason: 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2022
I dont know the answer to that question
I don't watch football and I'm proud..I have never been in any situation where watching football was invaluable at that moment.. it doesnt put food on my table and can never

the only thing I know about football is that the Super eagles team is Nigeria's national football club
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Jokerman(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2022
Emac34:
And you think you’re doing better than anyone who watches football?? grin grin
Very funny guy cheesy

Don't mind the clown... as if he has more money or fame than athletes
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Moneyboyz: 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2022
I hate it with Passion, I detest it more when I see two or more adults arguing about it. I look at them and see joblessness.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Allisgud: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2022
Zonefree:

Very boring to the core. Na men like that dey wash his girlfriend's pants and bras.

*Spits on his head*
so who no dey watch football no go make heaven right,do u know if he like other sport,u are just saying rubbish,I guess mummy g.o was right
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Probz(m): 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2022
Judolisco:
Na all dis bros wey dey watch big brother naija

I preferred Big Brother U.K. in its prime. Sha.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Jokerman(m): 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
azpekuliar:

You are a phoool!

My best friend dislikes football. He does not watch it. He would flunk the question too. Guess what he loves doing most? Riding motorcyles. We are both avid bikers and we do long distances trips every now and then. Try am if e easy.

He is more macho than you will ever be.

Fuuuuuuuu!

Hope no be Papito grin
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Probz(m): 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Like how can you not like football or know the basics of the sport as a guy

Does having that knowledge make your bank balance any juicier? Is jollof rice shy sweeter for following Rolando like a virtual ghost-halk, hm? Does it make one pass exams? Does it give you the same level of enjoyment as a spot of Arizona kush or glass of Havana (na-wa for you if it does)?
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by ImperialYoruba: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
Skyview01:

Foreign sport for that matter with zero investment returns to Nigeria.
Why can't we use the same energy to develop our football leagues and maybe I might be interested.

grin
I agree. The Nigerian population is cash cow, a herd for multiplying income to the foreign pocket. Followers join the crowd, leaders find their own path. Op wants everybody to join the pack, he has problem with people having an independent mind.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by stasius: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
And mind you, some people don't watch football but they are more current with sports info than you.

They can even lecture you that claim you watch on the nitti gritti of football and the history of the various clubs.
So rest.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by kay29000(m): 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2022
"Those of you that don't watch football or know nothing about sports.. Please how do you spend your weekends? How do you live your life? Is life not boring for you guys? Please I need to know."

OP, to answer your question... There are so many things that entertain me in this life even though I don't watch football. Music, movies, hanging out with friends at a bar or a friends place to discuss new money making ideas, discussing history with friends and family... Watching Nat Geo Wild (I love animals), discussing hip hop history with Hip hop enthusiasts... Too many things.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by leye4u: 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2022
Fred166:
Happy Sunday nairalanders.

I can't believe there are still men who don't watch football or know nothing about sports.

I was watching who wants to be a millionaire and this particular question was thrown to this guy.. I couldn't believe the guy didn't know the answer. Baba was totally confused and speechless. He even requested in using one of his lifeline options by calling a friend. Omo! I just dey laugh. And the answer is B. I have to capture the moment.

I can't do without watching sports especially football, boxing and wrestling. There's no question you will throw at me about football or other sport games that I won't give you an accurate answer. I know all football leagues competition round the world even Nigeria premier league I do follow up too.

Football is fun especially when you're arguing, teasing, defending, laughing, throwing banters at each other's club while drinking your cold beer.

Even here on nairaland when there's a live match update, I do visit the thread because I always enjoy the banter fans throw at each other.. It really fun.

Those of you that don't watch football or know nothing about sports.. Please how do you spend your weekends? How do you live your life? Is life not boring for you guys? Please I need to know.
I don't watch football too....but I know some things about football.

I usually feel sorry for people who are struggling financially wasting time and passion on football....if they can be as passionate about a skill..they would make a hell of money

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by mastermaestro(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2022
Melap:

Can you reach 250k in the hot seat with Frank Edohor? Empty vessels always making the loudest noise. Try out first before condemning a contestant in the hot seat

Take it easy on them, chief. They think this forum is littered with lowlifes and dummies. grin Nice job though. grin
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by TerickW(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
Better believe, I'm a good example of men as such.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by stasius: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
Personally when I turn on sports channels to watch sports I enjoy athletics like shot put, Javelin, Badminton, Jumps, running, swimming, judo etc more than football.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lukaku Scores Again As United Downs City In ICC Derby / Floyd Mayweather Gifts His Daughter A $5 Million Gift For Her 18th Birthday / Unai Bustinza Of Tackling Lionel Messi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.