Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

My Sister Is Draining Me Financially - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Draining Me Financially (43570 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2022
mariahAngel:

Chai!

Please, make sure your daughter leaves her place.
Chidiesta

ASAP I repeat ASAP.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Profkenny1(m): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

She knows it very well that I am not stable yet in this country , life is hard just because she is taking care of my daughter and she want me to carry the responsibility of her three children.

I am angry my own sister is draining me financially and I have a lot of bills to pay too and a small child to cater for.

This is a typical experience with Nigerians in the diaspora. There are Nigerian parents living in Nigeria who are just like your sister. They financially drain their children living abroad unto the last penny. Your sister doesn't care about you. She only cares about what she gets from you. You need to cut her off your life asap. Living abroad should teach you one thing - ability to sever relations with ANYONE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by benpedro(m): 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2022
Romanoff:
Take your daughter from her. Your daughter is her cash cow.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by mariahAngel(f): 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2022
LalastiklaIa:
Why is no one talking about the second one year old baby the op has with the sister too abi that one is not a baby

The baby is with the op.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by InterpolEyes: 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2022
Why will a human being complain of giving money to his sister. I beg them to drain and suck me dry
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Kzcee: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
OP, send me email message, check my profile. I will recommend a school for you. It's church school and not about money too. You can google it or verify. Put her in the boarding, they will monitor her university education until you come. Aside she will have moral upbringing. She's going through emotional trauma and bitter about you if you don't know. With that your daughter will be able to call you a good mother.

PEACE

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Emmanuel909090: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
Take her to your friend, she will take care of her better.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by faithfull18(f): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
Na wa oh, some family members are just not it. Like how do you explain this.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by RichDotCom07: 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hand over dat child to yur friend without wasting time.
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

I have lived in Germany for 3 years now i have a 1 years old daughter and I also have a 8 years old daughter who lives with my elder sister in nigeria.

She is married with three kids , I provide everything for them and I pay one of her child school fee but my sister is never satisfied with the money she keep demanding me for more money.

She knows it very well that I am not stable yet in this country , life is hard just because she is taking care of my daughter and she want me to carry the responsibility of her three children.

I make sure that I send a big parcel for all of them once a year as I am typing the parcel is on the way but she want me to pay school fees for all her children too and I can't afford to pay for all four.

I am paying her son school fees is 87k per term and my daughter own is 67k . On the 2nd I sent her 300k for school fees and foodstuffs she called on monday demanding me for 154k for her son and my daughter school fee I asked her what about the money I sent on the 2nd she said she bought foodstuffs for 120k and use the 180k for her two oldest children school fee and she want me to send the 154k for the youngest 2 , I was angry with her and I cut the call.

I am angry my own sister is draining me financially and I have a lot of bills to pay too and a small child to cater for.

I have spoken to my friend she is happy to take care of my daughter for me until I am stable enough to bring her to Germany. I like the idea because my sister is not helping me to progress.

I hope my daughter living with my friend will be a good idea.

I haven't told my sister anything yet because we are not in good term but I want to hear from you first please let me know if I should allow my friend to take care of her or I should leave her with my elder sister.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Ruthymoon(f): 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2022
First of all were is the mother of your daughter? And secondly don't risk your daughter's life by given her to a friend its very risky, to avoid molestation ,poisoning and other evil things abeg, talk to your sister believe she will understand thanks smiley
Chidiesta:

She is aware that I don't have papers and i am not financial buoyant, I don't have anyone in the family who I can trust with my daughter my friend is the only person I have in mind
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Klass99(f): 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2022

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by LalastiklaIa(m): 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2022
mariahAngel:

The baby is with the op.
Oh ok

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Rapture4real(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
Useless and shameless sister.

If I were you, I would take my daughter away from her to a boarding school or look elsewhere. Human beings are wicked.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Dbrawllm0098(f): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
I will advise you put your child in the boarding school. You can talk to the school authority to appoint you a house mistress to look after her during short holidays. The house mistress must reside in the school domitory. Meanwhile, she stays with your friend during long vacations. Check a reputable boarding school on Google. Ask your friend to help you follow up. Let it come as a surprise to your sister. In all, make sure your friend is someone you can trust.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Osuman(m): 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
Please, take that child away from her immediately because the extract days she spend with your sister the more unfair she will be with your daughter, perhaps, she is too young to be drained psychologically, please take her to your friend for now, while you look for a good boarding school for her, during the holidays she can spending it in your friend place pending when you work out things quickly.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by GloriousGbola: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

I am not a fan of boarding school I want her to attend a day school and with my friend so I can video/ call her anytime I want so she won't feel left out

If you take the money you are using to pay four school fees and pay for a single school, you will find a Behind boarding school that provides online contact with parents.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by sisisioge: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2022
Your child is 8years old, you could take her to a good boarding school but you would pay way more as school fees there. Pele.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
sisisioge:
Your child is 8years old, you could take her to a good boarding school but you would pay way more as school fees there. Pele.

I don't want her to go to boarding school I want her to be with my friend so I can call,/ video more often.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by kurlz(f): 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

She is a female and I am also a female, she is my childhood friend my sister knows her well and I trust her too and I strongly believe that she will take care of her better than my own sister.

Tell your sister you don't have money to send for the next 1year, just find one reason to tell her, like maybe you are running a course and you want to pay some loans or something, and tell her your friend has volunteered to cater for your child and pay her school fees for now. Even if she says your child can stay don't answer her. Let your friend take the child.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
Dbrawllm0098:
I will advise you put your child in the boarding school. You can talk to the school authority to appoint you a house mistress to look after her during short holidays. The house mistress must reside in the school domitory. Meanwhile, she stays with your friend during long vacations. Check a reputable boarding school on Google. Ask your friend to help you follow up. Let it come as a surprise to your sister. In all, make sure your friend is someone you can trust.

I don't want her to go to boarding school first I want her to stay with my friend and will see how she will take care of her , if everything is fine with her i will allow her to stay there until I bring her here , if I notice something wrong I will then consider a boarding school for her.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2022
kurlz:

Tell your sister you don't have money to send for the next 1year, just find one reason to tell her, like maybe you are running a course and you want to pay some loans or something, and tell her your friend has volunteered to cater for your child and pay her school fees for now. Even if she says your child can stay don't answer her. Let your friend take the child.

Great idea thanks for the suggestion

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nuliberry: 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
dejol88:

My sister, to be honest send her to catholic boarding school. At least you are sure during school time your daughter is getting minimal comfort and better education.only during holiday your daughter will manage in your sister house.

Going to your friend house might not turn out best.

This is also a very nice suggestion, infact I feel it's the best when there is no other relation good enough to take care of her. Not that the sch will give you a 100% of the care but atleast you are sure of some level of comfort for her. And you can always video call to know how she is fairing.
I pray God grants you the grace to take her with you ASAP.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by We4all: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
dejol88:

Bros no too blame the sister, she is trying to survive and working hard to sort out her immigration. She probably had a new child to enable her get child benefit in the country. I assume it is from the child benefit, she sends part to Nigeria to help the older daughter.

You’re a very considerate being. What you said makes sense.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by kunle75(m): 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

I have lived in Germany for 3 years now i have a 1 years old daughter and I also have a 8 years old daughter who lives with my elder sister in nigeria.

She is married with three kids , I provide everything for them and I pay one of her child school fee but my sister is never satisfied with the money she keep demanding me for more money.

I make sure that I send a big parcel for all of them once a year as I am typing the parcel is on the way but she want me to pay school fees for all her children too and I can't afford to pay for all four.

I am paying her son school fees is 87k per term and my daughter own is 67k . On the 2nd I sent her 300k for school fees and foodstuffs she called on monday demanding me for 154k for her son and my daughter school fee I asked her what about the money I sent on the 2nd she said she bought foodstuffs for 120k and use the 180k for her two oldest children school fee and she want me to send the 154k for the youngest 2 , I was angry with her and I cut the call.

I have spoken to my friend she is happy to take care of my daughter for me until I am stable enough to bring her to Germany. I like the idea because my sister is not helping me to progress.

I haven't told my sister anything yet because we are not in good term but I want to hear from you first please let me know if I should allow my friend to take care of her or I should leave her with my elder sister.

Oga just take your children away from her period, i have a sister too who does ssme thing i do not think twice before taking decision to ghost their entire family
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by detectivejones: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidera so you brought your family matter to nairaland
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by danot1030: 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2022
07kjb:
Talk to her that it is not all rosy as she thinks

Never cut a good relationship with your blood

If the blood is an enemy of progress is better you cut the relationship, achieve your purpose in life then mend up the relationship.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by moiaimi(f): 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2022
I believe her child i not schooling rather living the life of a glorified maid
neoG:
This your story really moved me to type.
Mehnnnnnnn I am speechless.
People get mind oooo
U mean your BLOOD Sis abi ADOPTED Sis?

If it is me, you see this last money she collected and used to pay her children school fee, i will make sure she returns it back. I will not need the money but people wey need d money will arrange her.

For those saying is your blood and shit. This your Sis can kill and not look back.
In this age of video calls that is when your Sister has not allowed you to speak and see your daughter and you are here still typing? Are you sure ur daughter is even going to school?

You are a woman hustling without papers abroad just to make ends means and not a man and your Sister no pity you. Please stop asking questions and take your daughter out of that place immediately.

If your daughter is at the age of going to secondary school, use your friend and take her to a Catholic boarding or any other Christian boarding school.
Most friends are better than siblings.
Instead of having just a friend looking after her, see if there's another friend here you trust.
It will help to foster transparency than just having one friend.

Ensure that this your friend is not from frying pan to fire situation you are about to enter.
Wish the best and pray that God grant you grace and speed so you be stable to bring your daughter over quickly. Cos no one can take good care of her than you.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Clinghton: 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
If the friend is trustworthy you can let your daughter be with her or what about your Mon, your sister is insensitive and selfish.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by onome2013: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2022
There are things your friend will do without thinking the consequences, but your sister will be more cautious, because of the blood link. The hardship breeded by inflation soured everything in Nigeria. Please my advice is that discuss heart to heart about your situation over there with your sister and she will adjust. DON'T REMOVE YOUR CHILD(REN) FROM HER CARE, PLEASE
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Clinghton:
If the friend is trustworthy you can let your daughter be with her or what about your Mon, your sister is insensitive and selfish.

I trust her and I strongly believe she will take care of her better than my sister. My mum is late

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by yoged(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2022
07kjb:
Talk to her that it is not all rosy as she thinks

Never cut a good relationship with your blood
. I disagree with the last part. If you die today. Your blood will move on with their life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Truvelisback(m): 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

Take ur kids to where u are and cater for them while she takes care of hers. U aren't the father of her kids.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Dad’s Incredible Reaction To News 14-year-old Son Is Not His / Gifts For Mother In Law After Omugwo. / Pictures: Old Twins Ageing Gracefully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.