Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

My Sister Is Draining Me Financially - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Draining Me Financially (43789 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by akojehimidowojo(m): 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2022
it is obvious your own sister is the one making things difficult for you.talk to that your friend and make her understand why u are bringing the children for her to avoid further occurrence.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nonam: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2022
Some friends are more better than sisters. I will assure you that you are paying like elephant over your daughter, but is is eating like an ant.

Take your daughter away from that evil sister of yours who can never feel your struggles.

Chidiesta:

She is aware that I don't have papers and i am not financial buoyant, I don't have anyone in the family who I can trust with my daughter my friend is the only person I have in mind
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Gloriagee(f): 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
who buys foodstuff for 120k? grin

Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

I have lived in Germany for 3 years now i have a 1 years old daughter and I also have a 8 years old daughter who lives with my elder sister in nigeria.

She is married with three kids , I provide everything for them and I pay one of her child school fee but my sister is never satisfied with the money she keep demanding me for more money.

She knows it very well that I am not stable yet in this country , life is hard just because she is taking care of my daughter and she want me to carry the responsibility of her three children.

I make sure that I send a big parcel for all of them once a year as I am typing the parcel is on the way but she want me to pay school fees for all her children too and I can't afford to pay for all four.

I am paying her son school fees is 87k per term and my daughter own is 67k . On the 2nd I sent her 300k for school fees and foodstuffs she called on monday demanding me for 154k for her son and my daughter school fee I asked her what about the money I sent on the 2nd she said she bought foodstuffs for 120k and use the 180k for her two oldest children school fee and she want me to send the 154k for the youngest 2 , I was angry with her and I cut the call.

I am angry my own sister is draining me financially and I have a lot of bills to pay too and a small child to cater for.

I have spoken to my friend she is happy to take care of my daughter for me until I am stable enough to bring her to Germany. I like the idea because my sister is not helping me to progress.

I hope my daughter living with my friend will be a good idea.

I haven't told my sister anything yet because we are not in good term but I want to hear from you first please let me know if I should allow my friend to take care of her or I should leave her with my elder sister.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2022
Nonam:
Some friends are more better than sisters. I will assure you that you are paying like elephant over your daughter, but is is eating like an ant.

Take your daughter away from that evil sister of yours who can never feel your struggles.

I agreed with you some friends are better than our siblings. my friend advised me to change my daughter school to a good affordable one and we have done all the calculations and the amount she requested monthly is nothing compare to what I was sending to my sister she at least can feel my pain and she doesn'twant to drain me like my sister did . My daughter living with her will reduce my stress and save me money too at least i will be able to save and look for a way to bring her to germany.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nonam: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
I know.

Your friend will do it out of her good heart towards you She knows and understand your life struggles. As for your sister, she just want to sacrifice you for the betterment of herself and her own children. Even that amount you are paying on your daughter school feels is too insane.

Watch out: Your sister will hate and fight against your friend.

Chidiesta:

I agreed with you some friends are better than our siblings. my friend advised me to change my daughter school to a good affordable one and we have done all the calculations and the amount she requested monthly is nothing compare to what I was sending to my sister she at least can feel my pain and she doesn'twant to drain me like my sister did . My daughter living with her will reduce my stress and save me money too at least i will be able to save and look for a way to bring her to germany.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Teller00: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2022
Pls sir just be very careful. this is Africa and lot of evil is really happening here. I will advice you instead of giving you daughter out to someone else pls leave it with your sister. Make Good savings concerning your daughter and take her with you to Germany. with that her live will be secured just to avoid further issues with you sister and the new lady. Nigeria is full of evil�
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2022
Nonam:
I know.

Your friend will do it out of her good heart towards you She knows and understand your life struggles. As for your sister, she just want to sacrifice you for the betterment of herself and her own children. Even that amount you are paying on your daughter school feels is too insane.

Watch out: Your sister will hate and fight against your friend.

Yes I know she will hate her a lot that's why I have to find her a new apartment very far away
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Teller00:
Pls sir just be very careful. this is Africa and lot of evil is really happening here. I will advice you instead of giving you daughter out to someone else pls leave it with your sister. Make Good savings concerning your daughter and take her with you to Germany. with that her live will be secured just to avoid further issues with you sister and the new lady. Nigeria is full of evil�

I am a woman

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Sweetvie: 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
ikdaddy01:

In all family is still family. Blood they say is ticker than water.
The sister might be milking her quite alright but most Nigerian home have suck mentality entitlements no mater who is involved. That they don't have today doesn't mean things will not get better tomorow. Taking away the child to a friend will create more division than empathy.
Anyway, I had an aunty in US. Story had it she did the same thing. Sent her daughter to a friend. Unfortunately that one turned against her. The daughter denied her as mother when she grew.
She eventually repatriated her back to 9ja. Am just saying, if it about money spend it.
Lol... Family is family? It makes me laugh... Family that doesn't consider each other, that kill each other, family that can you use themselves for ritual? U said family is family u gotta be kidding me. Some outsider are better than family sometimes... Blood is thicker than water that was b4 most family doesn't consider that now. So you're saying it bcoz the sister family no get money now?coz I don't understand... So the one wey dey Germany get money make she no dey do shakara bcoz she dey send money to sister bah? Coz I don't understand at all. I still remember when I was little n my dad needed urgent money for stuff back then when he went to his siblings for help they didn't help him n laugh at him they even told their kids not to play with us... But when they see we are all doing okay they started getting friendly, asking for my brothers number from my parent, looking for a way to connect us with those their kids again lol they forgotten what they did to us... Imagine my bro went to so call aunty house since morning to night he wasn't giving anything to eat and you're freaking telling me family is family? Or when my dad brother scam him out of all his saving n all the shops he open for his so call family went down bcoz they believe he is rich so his money is for them, it was my dad friend that help him and you're saying blood is thicker than water I laugh in pigin

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by gstelly: 12:39am On Aug 30, 2022
mariahAngel:
Na wah o!
Even babymama never demand reach that level.

What about your daughter's mother?
How are you sure most of what you're sending is not spent on her children than your daughter?
Are you sure she's treating your daughter well?
exactly my thought... Las las she might be schooling in public school and one of those cheap private school

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nonam: 2:42am On Aug 30, 2022
Yes, do it. But try as much as you can to save money for yourself. More hard times are coming.

Chidiesta:

Yes I know she will hate her a lot that's why I have to find her a new apartment very far away
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by alphaNomega: 4:34am On Aug 30, 2022
neoG:
Her sister is not draining her financially really? Did you read this story well? So what makes it right for her to pay her first 2 children school fees first with the money that was sent to her. Haba. You are the type that will do same. Where is our concience in this country please? There is nothing wrong in the OP giving her Sis money to support the family after all her daughter is under her care but what I find wrong is the Sister rubbing to her face that the OP's daughter is of no value to her the caretaker.
Make we hear from the sister first, you might be surprised OP is just bad mouthing her.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by mariahAngel(f): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2022
gstelly:
exactly my thought... Las las she might be schooling in public school and one of those cheap private school

The thought crossed my mind as well.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by mariahAngel(f): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2022
Chidiesta:

I am a woman

How are you?
How's your daughter and everything so far?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

How are you?
How's your daughter and everything so far?

Hello dear I am not OK I have been calling my sister since yesterday she refused to pick my calls and I have sent her a lot of messages pleading her to pick she has seen it and refused to pick up or text back. I ask my friend to go and check on them this morning and she went to the house but nobody answered the door. My sister is online and has updated her WhatsApp status few minutes ago but she just don't want to speak with me and I don't know what to do

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by mariahAngel(f): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2022
Chidiesta:

Hello dear I am not OK I have been calling my sister since yesterday she refused to pick my calls and I have sent her a lot of messages pleading her to pick she has seen it and refused to pick up or text back. I ask my friend to go and check on them this morning and she went to the house but nobody answered the door. My sister is online and has updated her WhatsApp status few minutes ago but she just don't want to speak with me and I don't know what to do

Hey God!

And your daughter is still living with her? I mean, your sister.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 11:28am On Aug 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hey God!

And your daughter is still living with her? I mean, your sister.

Yes she is with my sister and I haven't spoken with her for a week now

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2022
Your sister may have seen this thread and all the plans you discussed. Nairaland is a very public space
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2022
Melap:
Your sister may have seen this thread and all the plans you discussed. Nairaland is a very public space

That's not a problem I didn't lie about her, if she has seen it and I am lying she should come up with the truth instead of her trying to deprive me from my daughter , thats not a good thing to do she might push me to involve human rights which will not be good for all of us. I don't want to do it but if she carry on with the attitude I will have no other option than to involve human rights.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by mariahAngel(f): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2022
Chidiesta:

Yes she is with my sister and I haven't spoken with her for a week now

Why is your sister being so cruel and difficult?
What rights does she have to still keep your daughter against your wish?
It seems she's used to bullying you.

It'll be her fault if you're forced to use extreme measures to get your daughter out of her place.
To make matters worse, she's not ready to talk things out.

Maybe you should create a thread concerning these latest happenings, so that people with useful information can advise you on how to go about things.

In the meantime, try to calm down.
Everything will be alright eventually.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Acidosis(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Chidiesta:

That's not a problem I didn't lie about her, if she has seen it and I am lying she should come up with the truth instead of her trying to deprive me from my daughter , thats not a good thing to do she might push me to involve human rights which will not be good for all of us. I don't want to do it but if she carry on with the attitude I will have no other option than to involve human rights.

Put your evidence together, i.e., the calls she ignored, her WhatsApp status, etc. so you can have a solid case.

Also send her a message informing her about your friend's visit. You'll need all this. Where is she based? Lagos?
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2022
Chidiesta:

Someone asked you for the location of your sister so she can help you check on your daughter as a security personnel. Did you answer that person. You want to run things on social media and from far away Germany how will that work? If your sister comes up with the truth now on this site how will that help you.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

Why is your sister being so cruel and difficult?
What rights does she have to still keep your daughter against your wish?
It seems she's used to bullying you.

It'll be her fault if you're forced to use extreme measures to get your daughter out of her place.
To make matters worse, she's not ready to talk things out.

Maybe you should create a thread concerning these latest happenings, so that people with useful information can advise you on how to go about things.

In the meantime, try to calm down.
Everything will be alright eventually.

Thank you I am trying to stay calm because I don't want to do something stupid then regret later after all she is my sister but I am giving her until Friday if I don't hear back from her I will involve human rights to help get my daughter out of her place. I wanted her to release her to my friend this week so she can at least go and look for a new school for her because school resumption is next week. She can't enroll her to the new school without her being in her custody because if we enroll her and paid everything for the new school and my sister refuse to release her it will be a waste of money too.

7 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
Acidosis:

Put your evidence together, i.e., the calls she ignored, her WhatsApp status, etc. so you can have a solid case.

Also send her a message informing her about your friend's visit. You'll need all this. Where is she based? Lagos?

Thank you for the suggestion I have all the evidences with me , she lives in lagos
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Melap:

Someone asked you for the location of your sister so she can help you check on your daughter as a security personnel. Did you answer that person. You want to run things on social media and from far away Germany how will that work? If your sister comes up with the truth now on this site how will that help you.

My friend is in the best position to help me she went there this morning to check on them and nobody answered the door , everything I said about her is nothing but the truth, if I lied she should come and tell the truth.

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
[quote author=Chidiesta post=116193841]

Alright
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
[quote author=Melap post=116195187][/quote]

This is a faceless forum just because he or she said he is a security person that mean is the truth.What does it proof that the person is truly a security person or are you both working together as scammers and you people want to scam me in the name of security. Please we are not arguing my friend will do the job for me my sister knows her and the neighbours knows her too if she want to collect information she can get it easily without any personal security. Where our power will stop the human right will continue on our behalf. The only people I can confide with is human right

12 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
Chidiesta:

This is a faceless forum just because he or she said he is a security person that mean is the truth.What does it proof that the person is truly a security person or are you both working together as scammers and you people want to scam me in the name of security. Please we are not arguing my friend will do the job for me my sister knows her and the neighbours knows her too if she want to collect information she can get it easily without any personal security. Where our power will stop the human right will continue on our behalf. The only people I can confide with is human right

Me scam you, for what nah. Sorry I asked.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Victoria938(f): 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Is she your blood sister or a step sister... If she is ur blood then why is she being so wicked.

Yes that's wickedness... You are not her husband to sponsor her children in school You can only help her but it's not a must or your responsibility.

I would advice you bring your daughter out from there because if any thing happen to you abroad and you come back to Nigeria empty handed, she will mock and rain insult at you.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2022
Victoria938:
Is she your blood sister or a step sister... If she is ur blood then why is she being so wicked.

Yes that's wickedness... You are not her husband to sponsor her children in school You can only help her but it's not a must or your responsibility.

I would advice you bring your daughter out from there because if any thing happen to you abroad and you come back to Nigeria empty handed, she will mock and rain insult at you.

Yes she is my blood sister we are 3 from the same mum and dad

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Mistake Married Women Make / My Little Sister Is Misbehaving / My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.