Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

My Sister Is Draining Me Financially - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Draining Me Financially (43592 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Emmawhite91(m): 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
To me,if your mum is still alive. Pls send that child to your parents. Taking that child to ur friends place will only leads to more conflicts with ur sister and that friend of urs. Let her know that things are not rosy with you yet. So you cant afford the bills and she should let the child go and stay with your parents. Pls let ur parents not to let ur child out to her again and try to keep in touch with ur child time to time.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Acidosis(m): 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

My friend is a single mother of one, she is a tailor and living in the same town with my sister but a bit far away. I can't bring my daughter to germany now because I don't have papers and I am not eligible for work I am not financially buoyant.

Ohh... Please do all you can to get your papers. It's important for your own peace too. In the mean time, it's okay to involve your friend. I'm rooting for you.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by pocohantas(f): 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
We4all:

Yeah, I was going to mention that but the probability of being molested by blood relatives is usually lower. In this scenario, gambling comes into play. Her best bet in terms of protecting the girl from predators would be for her to stay with a male blood relative.

You are right. The poor lady is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by darichlife: 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
There is a simple question I will like to ask you O.P
what about the husband of your sister you did not mention him, is he alive or dead, is she not working or is the husband not doing anything for a living?

There are times we need to tell ourselves the truth, if you did not leave your daughter with her won't she pay her children's school fees?

Come to think that her own child school fees is more expensive than your child's is sickening. Bitter truth is she does not have any your best interest at heart just tread carefully and I believe this story is of the truth.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

She has three plus my daughter four

Okay thanks. Even Three Is too much for someone not "Wealthy, Rich, Very Comfortable" In a Poverty Ravaged Infested Backward Nation. Look how she Is trying to drag you back with her own Woes. The money you are sending Is damn too much for God sake. Many Nigerians are like this believe me. I suggest you look for a "Reputable, True Godly & Trustworthy" Home care and enroll your child because I wouldn't advise you take her to your friend, I don't Trust "Most Nigerians" most especially when It comes to Money & Material Things. I will personally be praying for you here In order for the Cosmic to bless you and fasten the process of taking your precious child out of this dungeon..
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by IAmTobore(m): 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

I have lived in Germany for 3 years now i have a 1 years old daughter and I also have a 8 years old daughter who lives with my elder sister in nigeria.

She is married with three kids , I provide everything for them and I pay one of her child school fee but my sister is never satisfied with the money she keep demanding me for more money.

She knows it very well that I am not stable yet in this country , life is hard just because she is taking care of my daughter and she want me to carry the responsibility of her three children.

I make sure that I send a big parcel for all of them once a year as I am typing the parcel is on the way but she want me to pay school fees for all her children too and I can't afford to pay for all four.

I am paying her son school fees is 87k per term and my daughter own is 67k . On the 2nd I sent her 300k for school fees and foodstuffs she called on monday demanding me for 154k for her son and my daughter school fee I asked her what about the money I sent on the 2nd she said she bought foodstuffs for 120k and use the 180k for her two oldest children school fee and she want me to send the 154k for the youngest 2 , I was angry with her and I cut the call.

I am angry my own sister is draining me financially and I have a lot of bills to pay too and a small child to cater for.

I have spoken to my friend she is happy to take care of my daughter for me until I am stable enough to bring her to Germany. I like the idea because my sister is not helping me to progress.

I hope my daughter living with my friend will be a good idea.

I haven't told my sister anything yet because we are not in good term but I want to hear from you first please let me know if I should allow my friend to take care of her or I should leave her with my elder sister.
Look for away to bring your daughter to Germany. Don't be surprised if you find out your sister has almost finished her house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by lomprico(m): 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

I have lived in Germany for 3 years now i have a 1 years old daughter and I also have a 8 years old daughter who lives with my elder sister in nigeria.

She is married with three kids , I provide everything for them and I pay one of her child school fee but my sister is never satisfied with the money she keep demanding me for more money.

She knows it very well that I am not stable yet in this country , life is hard just because she is taking care of my daughter and she want me to carry the responsibility of her three children.

I make sure that I send a big parcel for all of them once a year as I am typing the parcel is on the way but she want me to pay school fees for all her children too and I can't afford to pay for all four.

I am paying her son school fees is 87k per term and my daughter own is 67k . On the 2nd I sent her 300k for school fees and foodstuffs she called on monday demanding me for 154k for her son and my daughter school fee I asked her what about the money I sent on the 2nd she said she bought foodstuffs for 120k and use the 180k for her two oldest children school fee and she want me to send the 154k for the youngest 2 , I was angry with her and I cut the call.

I am angry my own sister is draining me financially and I have a lot of bills to pay too and a small child to cater for.

I have spoken to my friend she is happy to take care of my daughter for me until I am stable enough to bring her to Germany. I like the idea because my sister is not helping me to progress.

I haven't told my sister anything yet because we are not in good term but I want to hear from you first please let me know if I should allow my friend to take care of her or I should leave her with my elder sister.

Tell your sis that you are not plucking Money from trees over there. Is her husband not around?
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by We4all: 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

Her dad denied the pregnancy, my mum is late , I also have a elder brother who is married with kids but I don't trust his wife with my child. I don't have a direct communication with the school, she is not jobless she is a business woman she has a clothing store

You have the solution right in front of you. If you have an elder bro married with kids, then the best bet would be for your daughter to stay with him.

The only thing you will worry about is whether his wife is treating her well. This can be fixed if you’re regularly in touch and checkmating them.

On the other hand, if you hand your daughter over to your friend, she could become a victim of rape perpetrated by one of your friend’s lovers. This could also happen in your sister’s house.

My point is, it is better she stays with a male who is blood than a male who isn’t related to her by blood.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Harmlesspill(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
First, I want you to understand that your sister is not 100% evil like people here make her out to be. She just lacks the proper understanding, she can be a good sister, but she feels that she have a chance now to live large without knowing that things are not all rosy. Have you talked to her about this? Have you explained your condition and how you make your money over there? Remind her that she is your sister and as such she should feel sorry for you. Speak to her politely, ask her to see your daughter the way your mom would have cared for her if she's alive.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by neoG(f): 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2022
Abi? You are right.
Most times we don't know what we have until you read stories like this. This just made me appreciate the level of transparency and honesty found over years in my siblings especially my younger sis. Just thinking about old memories now even up till yesterday evening we had dealings regarding money that I have even forgotten. Hmmmm I think am grateful now.
vickydevoka:

I swear adopted sure pass blood. Anything blood na scam.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Oqw1: 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2022
This is tough
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by drololaaof: 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
Romanoff:
Take your daughter from her. Your daughter is her cash cow.
That's the truth ,when you take your daughter her eyes will be clear ,that's how our people are . The funny thing is that she might not send your daughter to school .

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by achimendy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

First of all that your friend is he or she married, is he a Male or female?? How do you also trust this said friend??

Secondly get somebody's to be checking on your daughter regularly before you take her with you.That your sister might be wicked.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by pocohantas(f): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
We4all:

You have the solution right in front of you. If you have an elder bro married with kids, then the best bet would be for your daughter to stay with him.

The only thing you will worry about is whether his wife is treating her well. This can be fixed if you’re regularly in touch and checkmating them.

On the other hand, if you hand her over to your friend, she could be sexually molested by her lovers. This could also happen in your sister’s house.

My point is, it is better she stays with a male who is blood than a male who isn’t related to her by blood

This is not an open and shut case because abusers of kids are usually uncles and aunties. Not always family friends. The risk of abuse is everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Biliamin4567(m): 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2022
Am sorry, please mr &mrs moderator if I may offend on this�. Am in need of assistant base on my Nigeria rice business that collapse but I see no help since I post it. Now am suffering a lots to the extent of having nothing to eat since I ran into debt please try to help me out for God sake and by God grace you shall never loose any of your family's members and your lovely one's to an illness and untimely death, poverty shall not be your portion by the special grace of Almighty God� please if it's just for me to eat
Acct:B. Amuda
Gtbank:0123331824
Phone:07042762146
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Sunnyshinylight(f): 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2022
That child is seriously suffering, your friend would do a far better job, and your sister will be amazed and humbled.

Be wise and act very fast
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
Harmlesspill:
First, I want you to understand that your sister is not 100% evil like people here make her out to be. She just lacks the proper understanding, she can be a good sister, but she feels that she has a chance now to live large without knowing that things are not all rosy. Have you talked to her about this? Have you explained your condition and how do you make your money over there? Remind her that she is your sister and as such she should feel sorry for you. Speak to her politely, ask her to see your daughter the way your mom would have cared for her if she's alive.

She is aware of everything I can hide such information from friends but not from my blood sister she doesn't care about my life situations all she care about is the money.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by kernniejay(m): 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
Such kind of relative would drain you until you come back to Nigeria empty handed and join the relatives in the aluta continua suffering. They are the kind of relatives that will divert money sent for a building project for their own personal lavish spending not minding how the hustler abroad is risking her life to survive.
That your sister is heartless and callous. Hope you are not sending any money to her for any other thing because I can assure you, she will practically stop working and be using your money to shine and live an extravagant life here. That your sister cannot be trusted, therefore look for any other available guardian that you can entrust your child with.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
A) get your daughter into a boarding school until you get situated in Germany
B) let your daughter stay with your friend during holidays etc
C) what about baby mama, cant she help to take care of daughter sometimes?
D) improve your hustle in Germany so that you can ultimately bring your daughter to Germany ASAP
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
Sunnyshinylight:
That child is seriously suffering, your friend would do a far better job, and your sister will be amazed and humbled.

Be wise and act very fast

You are right everytime I speak with my daughter feel like she has a lot of things to tell me but she is scared of my sister

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by IAmTobore(m): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

Me too I have a feeling she is not taking good care of her because most of the time she doesn't want me to speak with her on video call
Ah!� Auntie, take ur daughter from her. Look for a way to take her to Germany. I'm sure you can always find away. Even if it means you have to sign an agreement with someone. By the way, what about your daughter's father? Try to think out of the box.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by newdawn2017(f): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
07kjb:
Talk to her that it is not all rosy as she thinks

Never cut a good relationship with your blood
shut up u enabler of wickedness, undecided what good relationship do they ve has she is dubious, & fraudulent like dis?? What is Left? To d extent he is sending his child to go be with his friend.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

She is aware of everything I can hide such information from friends but not from my blood sister she doesn't care about my life situations all she care about is the money.

Are you ibo.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
achimendy:

First of all that your friend is he or she married, is he a Male or female?? How do you also trust this said friend??

Secondly get somebody's to be checking on your daughter regularly before you take her with you.That your sister might be wicked.

She is a single mother of one and I strongly believe she will take care of my daughter better than my sister

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by ibinaboonline: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I realized down the thread that you're a female. Whatever you do, don't relax until you have that girl living with you where you are. I'd say go with those who suggested a good Catholic boarding school. Someone even recommended a school here. I understand how it will look like for your friend if you already told her you're considering leaving your child with her and then you turn around and send the girl to boarding school. Come to think of it, boarding school can't be hundred percent safe, either. Even a Catholic one. I know it's not easy but as soon as you have the opportunity, send for your kid.
Chidiesta:

I am her mother my friend is a female I strongly believe she can take of my daughter better than my sister
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by jonahhh: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
Saw someone advising you to take your daughter to boarding school, please don’t try that if you really care for her. Catholic or not boarding school for a girl is a no no. Tell your sister there’s not much money left after bills , or get them a cheaper school. You might need your sister one day so cutting her off is not the solution either if she’s not a bad person
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Briells: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
OP most times, those who we think are our family end up being the enemy. You can enroll your daughter in a boarding school, so you know it’s just during holidays that she would need to stay with anyone. You may be surprised to find out your daughter is being maltreated, since your sister can comfortably open office on your head despite the fact that youre still struggling. Your sister has no right to make you solely responsible for her childrens education, that’s highly unfair. At this rate, how do you save up money for your daughter to come over? If your daughters location is Abuja, I may be able to help with where she can stay during the holidays (obu na e bu Nwafor o… a nu gom di, muo nwa, nwe maid).

[quote author=Chidiesta post=116136156]Good day nairalanders,

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
IAmTobore:
Ah!� Auntie, take ur daughter from her. Look for a way to take her to Germany. I'm sure you can always find away. Even if it means you have to sign an agreement with someone. By the way, what about your daughter's father? Try to think out of the box.

Bringing her to Germany is not possible because I don't have papers , her father denied the pregnancy he has never met her

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by descarado: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
neoG:
Yes it does but on low key. U welcome. But I think that should be a last resort though.
Very low key indeed.
Waoh
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by lawrenzooo: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
Newborn27:

People change....or lemme say...money overturned people's character...the said Sis of hers was never like that in the beginning....see where greed is taking her?

Once kids are involved....her said better friend will always choose her own biological kids over here....if she's single... won't she be having a fiance is whom might molest the girl and others.

TRUST NO ONE!.... paedophile are everywhere....e no dey show for face.

I suggested a Catholic boarding school because she can take necessary legal actions if the daughter is not well taken care of.... she's paying let her money take care of her daughter while she do away with greedy and self-centered frienemies and family.

Her post really got me mad at her sister...this is cruel....I can imagine the the things that Lil girl is passing through...I have them around and see them on daily basis...so I know how hurting it is on the victim.

@chidiester abeg act fast...a new session is starting soon.....take your daughter out of that toxic family.

Cn you imagine 120k for food?
Dem no get papa ni?

Eni bururku ti beyan rere je gan o.
Yeah people change. Pedophiles are everywhere whether in her sisters house or her friends house.

A lot is happening in those boarding school you see, but as it stands the Op has limited option perhaps the boarding school is still the best for the child but then again someday would still have to pick the child during holiday.

It's painful when what should not ordinarily be a problem is giving you headache. That her sister is mean. I just pray God settle the over there in Germany on time so she can get her papers and come back for her daughter.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by newdawn2017(f): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

take away ur child from her care, & cut her off completely. She is wicked, malicious, dubious, selfish, manipulative & a fraud. She places no value on ur life long bond. She can actually harm u. Blood isn't thicker than peace of mind. See her for what she truely is, make no excuses for her wickedness. Cut off her & her kids.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by humberjade: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pictures: Old Twins Ageing Gracefully / I Almost Lost My Little Daughter Practicing What She Saw On TV - Nigerian Man / Baby Girl Surrounded By 4 Brothers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.