Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

My Sister Is Draining Me Financially - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Draining Me Financially (43634 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Invest4growth: 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
You are in the midst of two devil's. The best option open to you is to work on your daughters papers and take to Germany. I can tell you for free that your daughter us being deployed as house girl. Secondly, her education might have been compromised or she is out of school or in a public school while your sisters children.are in private school. They might be packaging pictures for you. They tell and show you what you want to hear and see

If you release your daughter to your friend then you have given him a house girl and or a second wife or baby mama. Wickedness is legion. Don't trust anyone but God. Hope you do not blame yourself in the end.

Take your girl with you wherever you are

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by meetme01: 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
hope4nigeria:
devil don't understand dialogue. The best you can do is to run as fast as you can. He should Take the daughter away imidiately, I mean now

That's how family degenerates and hatred set in. If care is not taken, it results in fetishism, satanic prayers and evil wishes.

At that stage, nothing can be done.

At this stage, lots can be done.

Once again, thread carefully.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by dayla(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
Bro if u are sure she can take care of her u are free to gv her
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Machinegun91(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2022
I agree with you if you are from eastern part of Nigeria

Our eastern relations are bastardly wicked

Wicked sister
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Mercury12(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2022
Iseoluwani:
Send her away
lol
Try to dey read post cheesy
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by YourFavorite21(m): 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

I am not a fan of boarding school I want her to attend a day school and with my friend so I can video/ call her anytime I want so she won't feel left out
Human beings can change with time, put your child in a boarding school, she can talk to you with the phone of their hostel master,
when I was a student in boarding school we had a hostel master who holds the phone, all we have to do is to pay 100 naira in other to talk with my parents on phone. But since you don't like boarding school, you can take her to your friend's place then.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by gulfer: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
Nigerians and entitlement mentality. Take your child away and give your sister what you can occasionally......what about her own husband and why's he not taking care of his responsibility
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by MartinsD12(m): 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

I have lived in Germany for 3 years now i have a 1 years old daughter and I also have a 8 years old daughter who lives with my elder sister in nigeria.

She is married with three kids , I provide everything for them and I pay one of her child school fee but my sister is never satisfied with the money she keep demanding me for more money.

She knows it very well that I am not stable yet in this country , life is hard just because she is taking care of my daughter and she want me to carry the responsibility of her three children.

I make sure that I send a big parcel for all of them once a year as I am typing the parcel is on the way but she want me to pay school fees for all her children too and I can't afford to pay for all four.

I am paying her son school fees is 87k per term and my daughter own is 67k . On the 2nd I sent her 300k for school fees and foodstuffs she called on monday demanding me for 154k for her son and my daughter school fee I asked her what about the money I sent on the 2nd she said she bought foodstuffs for 120k and use the 180k for her two oldest children school fee and she want me to send the 154k for the youngest 2 , I was angry with her and I cut the call.

I am angry my own sister is draining me financially and I have a lot of bills to pay too and a small child to cater for.

I have spoken to my friend she is happy to take care of my daughter for me until I am stable enough to bring her to Germany. I like the idea because my sister is not helping me to progress.

I hope my daughter living with my friend will be a good idea.

I haven't told my sister anything yet because we are not in good term but I want to hear from you first please let me know if I should allow my friend to take care of her or I should leave her with my elder sister.
That your elder sister is wicked and callous , cut her off entirely, she can kill for money , you mentioned that she doesn't even allow your daughter video call with you , how are you sure that your daughter is treated well, let your child be with that your trusted female friend and be in contact with her
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by NoToPile: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2022
We4all:

Yeah, I was going to mention that but the probability of being molested by blood relatives is usually lower. In this scenario, gambling comes into play. Her best bet in terms of protecting the girl from predators would be for her to stay with a male blood relative.

No it's not most times kids are molested by people/ relatives close by- Aunty, uncle, neighbor. Even a male blood relative is a prime suspect.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Juoflife1(f): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2022
Put her in a boarding School and make friends with the class teacher. If the class teacher is a female, she can even stay with her during holidays and you send them what you can. Open up to the teacher so she don't expect too much. I recommend Faith Academy
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Alwaysachick: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
Nobody is asking what the sisters husband is doing or where he is.

If he is too irresponsible to what someone else pay his childrens fee, then your daughter is not safe in that house. Him or his siblings might abuse her while your sister watch and say nothing.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Femabol01: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

I have lived in Germany for 3 years now i have a 1 years old daughter and I also have a 8 years old daughter who lives with my elder sister in nigeria.

She is married with three kids , I provide everything for them and I pay one of her child school fee but my sister is never satisfied with the money she keep demanding me for more money.

She knows it very well that I am not stable yet in this country , life is hard just because she is taking care of my daughter and she want me to carry the responsibility of her three children.

I make sure that I send a big parcel for all of them once a year as I am typing the parcel is on the way but she want me to pay school fees for all her children too and I can't afford to pay for all four.

I am paying her son school fees is 87k per term and my daughter own is 67k . On the 2nd I sent her 300k for school fees and foodstuffs she called on monday demanding me for 154k for her son and my daughter school fee I asked her what about the money I sent on the 2nd she said she bought foodstuffs for 120k and use the 180k for her two oldest children school fee and she want me to send the 154k for the youngest 2 , I was angry with her and I cut the call.

I am angry my own sister is draining me financially and I have a lot of bills to pay too and a small child to cater for.

I have spoken to my friend she is happy to take care of my daughter for me until I am stable enough to bring her to Germany. I like the idea because my sister is not helping me to progress.

I haven't told my sister anything yet because we are not in good term but I want to hear from you first please let me know if I should allow my friend to take care of her or I should leave her with my elder sister.
Gather some money and come back to Nigeria. You are risking your children's future. You are in Germany still hustling without rest of mind concerning the condition of your children. NOBODY CAN TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN LIKE YOU. You better find means of relocating your children as soon as possible or you come back to Nigeria to take care of your children before you start regretting your actions. The money you think you are looking for may become useless in the future if your children lack better care.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
SocialJustice:
How old is the child?

She is 8 years old

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by smasher1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

She is aware that I don't have papers and i am not financial buoyant, I don't have anyone in the family who I can trust with my daughter my friend is the only person I have in mind

Whether you are financially buoyant or not, if you send someone 300k in Nigeria, they must not disturb for at least one month or more.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by onlyhope: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hi Chidiesta,
1. First, let's talk about you:
I think you need to re-evaluate yourself.
Your parents are no more.
You had a child out of wedlock.
The father of your kid rejected you....
Your sister is maltreating your kid.
You went to another man's country illegally.
You have a 2nd child that's a year old? How?
Your friend is a single mother.

2. Now, let's talk about your sister:
You sent her 300k. Your daughter's school fees is 67k, her son's is 87k, which means she'll still have 146k left after paying your daughter's and her son's fees.

Well, you need more than just taking your daughter from your sis. Your sister is not a good woman.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by gbogboija: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hmm. Your sister is your sister no matter what. You may think you won't need her again after you must have removed your daughter under her care, but life is very funny. You may think your daughter will be fine with your friend, but it may be opposite. You may think your daughter will not be molested by your friend, but it may be opposite. Use wisdom to talk to your sister, let her give you the estimate of what she think your daughter will need in a month apart from her school fees. Then, you can start giving her what you can afford for her children school fees and feeding as well. If possible, empower her so that she won't need to be calling you every time she needs money. Mind you, things are very expensive in Nigeria these days. I pray God will bless the work of your hands over there in Jesus mighty name.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by pocohantas(f): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
NoToPile:

No it's not most times kids are molested by people/ relatives close by- Aunty, uncle, neighbor. Even a male blood relative is a prime suspect.

Everybody is a suspect where my kids are. grin
It is either me or their dad. One parent must be present 97%.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
smasher1:

Whether you are financially buoyant or not, if you send someone 300k in Nigeria, they must not disturb for at least one month or more.

True I was not expecting her to bother me again until October

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Oziens: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

She is aware that I don't have papers and i am not financial buoyant, I don't have anyone in the family who I can trust with my daughter my friend is the only person I have in mind
Where is the mother of your daughter?
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by smasher1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

Me too I have a feeling she is not taking good care of her because most of the time she doesn't want me to speak with her on video call

And you are still sending money? That lady is not taking good care of your child. That's a clear sign. If anyone is good, they would allow you access to your daughter on video calls and not even hang around. That shows a clear conscience.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by sorepco(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2022

I haven't told my sister anything yet .

My dear i support you 100% on di above.
Take your girl to your friend. Do not tell your sister yet. When you are sure of the above just tell your sis you want you kid to spend a few days with your friend. She will never go back to your sis! Na small small she go collect her clothes.

You see, most Nigerians do not realize life is tough in Europe. They think you pluck monies from the street. Is she not married? They are so ungrateful and cunning. Goodluck dear
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2022
Oziens:

Where is the mother of your daughter?

I am her mother
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by NoToPile: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2022
pocohantas:

Everybody is a suspect where my kids are. grin
It is either me or their dad. One parent must be present 97%.

My cousins wife told me years back that the only adult male she trusts with her daughter is her father (things were not even this bad then) I felt she was cray but now I understand her better.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Chidiesta(f): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2022
gbogboija:
Hmm. Your sister is your sister no matter what. You may think you won't need her again after you must have removed your daughter under her care, but life is very funny. You may think your daughter will be fine with your friend, but it may be opposite. You may think your daughter will not be molested by your friend, but it may be opposite. Use wisdom to talk to your sister, let her give you the estimate of what she think your daughter will need in a month apart from her school fees. Then, you can start giving her what you can afford for her children school fees and feeding as well. If possible, empower her so that she won't need to be calling you every time she needs money. Mind you, things are very expensive in Nigeria these days. I pray God will bless the work of your hands over there in Jesus mighty name.

My sister is not jobless she has a clothing store and her husband sell appliances
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Edoziesmart(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Family embezzling or wasting money of abroadians is an established and cherished naija culture
I'm telling you. They always see those abroad as they are printing money from cyber cafe on a regular.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by ikdaddy01(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
Your sister is your sister. Your child is also building bonds with her cousins.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nuliberry: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chai! How I wish I can tell you to bring her over to my place. She will be well taken care of , that I know until you are ready for her to be with you in Germany. This kind of arrangement can give some one sleepless nights.
I feel for the little girl, she is just my daughter's age , imagine having my daughter in such situation.
Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by pocohantas(f): 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2022
NoToPile:

My cousins wife told me years back that the only adult male she trusts with her daughter is her father (things were not even this bad then) I felt she was cray but now I understand her better.

She is not cray. Even me wey be adult, I no trust any and I don’t hide it. Highest you go vex, but better safe than sorry. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by maasoap(m): 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2022
07kjb:
Talk to her that it is not all rosy as she thinks

Never cut a good relationship with your blood

You are wrong, some relationships are better cut off. This is not a good relationship my friend

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2022
Since she's married, why is her husband not taking care of his own children, is he that much useless?

And why pay your own sister for taking care of her own niece? Isn't your daughter a family member too?

The only money you should be sending is for your daughter's school fees and her upkeep.. her husband should step up and be a man by taking care of his family..

Take your child to your friend's place because sometimes it's best to be treated unfairly by the people we're not related to rather than our own family members.
Chidiesta:
Good day nairalanders,

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by Edoziesmart(m): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2022
Machinegun91:
I agree with you if you are from eastern part of Nigeria

Our eastern relations are bastardly wicked

Wicked sister
The op is from Imo state if I'm not mistaken.
My tribe has a1 in milking their abroadian relatives which is very bad.

They see you in abroad as one who has machine that is printing money and always demand money from you as if you owe them anything in this life.
That's very bad.
Igbo afughi onwe ha n'anya

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Draining Me Financially by mariahAngel(f): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chidiesta:

I am her mother

Have you spoken to your daughter recently?
How did she sound?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Pictures: Old Twins Ageing Gracefully / I Almost Lost My Little Daughter Practicing What She Saw On TV - Nigerian Man / Baby Girl Surrounded By 4 Brothers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.