Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy (1209 Views)

Help Me To Appreciate My Wife In This Tough Period / Lady Knelt Down To Appreciate Her Husband For Buying Her Dream Wig In Ibadan / Wife In Tears As She Kneels Down To Appreciate Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
You asked him N5,000, and your dad told you he will give you in the morning before he leaves for work. This was after he has thoroughly scrutinized what you needed the money for, all the questions he asked were already making you angry.

Throughout the night your dad couldn't sleep because he was thinking as to why he must sacrifice his last N5,000 for you

In the morning he calls you into his room and give you N4,500-00 instead of N5,000-00

You were not happy and squeezed your face in discontent, and reluctantly said thank you after complaining that it was not all you requested

Your mum after seeing this does not utter a word but meets you in your room where your dad is not present and give you N500 from her own money and say "don't mind him, add this to meet your needs .

You began to smile and quickly run to Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp to write.

"I have the best mum in the world, I love my mum".

Now your dad had gone out with just N250 in his pocket with no fuel in his car. Because of you, he uses public transport that day to work. He gives your mum N250 to enable her handle any emergency while he is away.

At work, he worked overtime. After closing late, everyone keeps saying "daddy is never always around except mum".

Your good dad will never allow you to see how much he suffers for the family because he is a MAN.

Always try to appreciate your dad your husband and brothers. It's not easy at all.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by chatinent: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2022
What of we who suffered from small ourselves?

2 Likes

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
chatinent:
I don't understand
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by HarunaWest(m): 11:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
chatinent:
Appreciate yourself then.

3 Likes

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by 2Radii: 5:06am On Sep 05, 2022
chatinent:
that one is different oga.

If u have a genuine father pls appreciate him, if he's not den relegate him.

In general, what op is saying is that the effort of the father deserve great appreciation.

I used to tell people, when mother dies, the children would miss the closeness of their mum to them but life continues. But when father dies, everytin in the family crumbles, the children start suffering, the ladies among them start doing coded oloshow.

Why?? They lack the father figure which they didn't realize when he was alive but are force to realise wen he dies.

There is one lady i met, she was ill and mommy refuse to send her money for hospital bill, i told her to call hus daddy she said daddy is no more, that if not he wouldn't have bn like this. Then i ask her to go back to mum, afterall mum are the best tins after oxygen, she went mute grin

Not discrediting mum in anyways, but bn a father mysef, i know how it drills.

4 Likes

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
wink
HarunaWest:
Appreciate yourself then.
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by HarunaWest(m): 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
lavylilly:
wink
[sup][/sup]
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 6:49am On Jan 11, 2023
cheesy
HarunaWest:
[sup][/sup]
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by HarunaWest(m): 8:42am On Jan 11, 2023
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by Foodqueen(f): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
Very true.

1 Like

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 11:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
Foodqueen:
Very true.
Being a dad is a thankless job
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:32am On Jan 12, 2023
2Radii:
that one is different oga.

If u have a genuine father pls appreciate him, if he's not den relegate him.

In general, what op is saying is that the effort of the father deserve great appreciation.

I used to tell people, when mother dies, the children would miss the closeness of their mum to them but life continues. But when father dies, everytin in the family crumbles, the children start suffering, the ladies among them start doing coded oloshow.

Why?? They lack the father figure which they didn't realize when he was alive but are force to realise wen he dies.

There is one lady i met, she was ill and mommy refuse to send her money for hospital bill, i told her to call hus daddy she said daddy is no more, that if not he wouldn't have bn like this. Then i ask her to go back to mum, afterall mum are the best tins after oxygen, she went mute grin

Not discrediting mum in anyways, but bn a father mysef, i know how it drills.

you nailed it

i also mentioned it in one of the thread, that children tend to see with thier own eyes what the mum does eg selling fruits but they dont see the working of the father raising the money for wife to have money to start fruit selling hustle, or the small monies daddy brings in

Remember the saying when a women start providing for the family the whole village will know. but when men is providing for his family there is no one to whistles about it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by luvyaself95(m): 7:56am On Mar 15, 2023
In whatever and whatsoever father are the best they will surely teach you one thing about life whether bad or good.

2 Likes

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 10:01am On Mar 24, 2023
wink
luvyaself95:
In whatever and whatsoever father are the best they will surely teach you one thing about life whether bad or good.
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by wunmi590(m): 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2023

In my next life nah to just go and become a Rev. Fr sure pass

1 Like

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
undecided
wunmi590:

In my next life nah to just go and become a Rev. Fr sure pass
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by Kobojunkie: 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by Nazgul: 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
The major reason why most kids are closer to their moms is because a lot of dads out there don't bother to build working relationships with them.

They just settle the bills and move on. Whereras the mom is there all day with them, moulding or manipulating them to love her more. When I was growing up I hardly knew my dad, in fact he was almost like a stranger to me, cos by the time he comes back from work, it's very late and I'll already be in bed sleeping.

I began appreciating him when I started growing older, and saw the magnitude of sacrifice he was putting into the family.

Father's should learn to cultivate the habit of spending quality time with their kids as well. The quality time most men spend in bars, clubs, hotels...etc, if they devout it to building working relationships with their kids, believe me, those children would love and appreciate them till death. Take them out on weekends, talk to them, tell them stories, crack jokes, take pictures, play games...etc. If your impact and presence on your kids is only felt when you're dead, it means you failed them as a father during your lifetime.

4 Likes

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by malaria(f): 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
Nazgul:
The major reason why most kids are closer to their moms is because a lot of dads out there don't bother to build working relationships with them.

They just settle the bills and move on. Whereras the mom is there all day with them, moulding or manipulating them to love her more. When I was growing up I hardly knew my dad, in fact he was almost like a stranger to me, cos by the time he comes back from work, it's very late and I'll already be in bed sleeping.
My dear your father could not help being absent as long as he is a hard working and responsible human being . Na waka waka to put food for table make am no dey too dey available.A responsible father will always make up for his absence whenever he has the chance .

I began appreciating him when I started growing older, and saw the magnitude of sacrifice he was putting into the family.

Father's should learn to cultivate the habit of spending quality time with their kids as well. The quality time most men spend in bars, clubs, hotels...etc, if they devout it to building working relationships with their kids, believe me, those children would love and appreciate them till death. Take them out on weekends, talk to them, tell them stories, crack jokes, take pictures, play games...etc. If your impact and presence on your kids is only felt when you're dead, it means you failed them as a father during your lifetime.
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2023
kiss
Nazgul:

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by bukatyne(f): 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Nazgul:

Well said.

A number of women are sole providers and still manage to build a relationship with their kids.

The excuse of daddy is working hence not available is so 20th Century. undecided

1 Like

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2023
bukatyne:

Well said.

A number of women are sole providers and still manage to build a relationship with their kids.

The excuse of daddy is working hence not available is so 20th Century. undecided
Have you worked on the Island and you stay on the mainland?
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by bukatyne(f): 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
lavylilly:
Have you worked on the Island and you stay on the mainland?

Do only men work on the Island and stay on the Mainland?

Sis, don't let any man gaslight (who knew I would use this word grin) you with his unwillingness to engage his family.

I know a number of mothers working the Island/Mainland daily and the number of hoops they cross to be there for their kids in their little capacity.

Same man who doesn't 'have time' for family has time for friends, football, work extra curricular activities, other affairs, clubbing, movie nights, game nights etc.

Don't let them deceive you. They will make time for what they deem important.

2 Likes

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2023
lavylilly:
Being a dad is a thankless job
Dads who are involved in the lives of their kids receive the thanks they deserve. undecided

1 Like

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
Really? how many dads in Nigeria work only Mon-Friday aside from Govt workers?
Kobojunkie:
Dads who are involved in the lives of their kids receive the thanks they deserve. undecided
Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
lavylilly:
There are equally mothers who run the same schedules are these dads you mention yet they make out time to cook and take care of their kids. So, I am not certain what you are driving at here. This is all a case of you getting what you put in and nothing more. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by bukatyne(f): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
lavylilly:

Won ti gbe baby yi ni handicap sha. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

1 Like

Re: Always Try To Appreciate Your Daddy by lavylilly: 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2023
undecided
bukatyne:

Won ti gbe baby yi ni handicap sha. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

(1) (Reply)

Are you a Rich Man If you Have 90 To 100 Million Naira In Nigeria. / Please House, Help Me And Pray For My Wife / Will You Marry A Guy That Already Has A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.