Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? (1137 Views)

How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? / Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. / Lady Confronts Family Friend For Sleeping With Her Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Jidebabs88(m): 10:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
We are 3 close friends. One of us entered a competition without informing us. After a while he sent in a link to check out the site and vote for him as the best candidate. Having visited the site and saw other contestants & what they did, I didn't vote my friend but another contestant who I think DESERVED it more. I told our other friend about it and he has been calling me names.

Is what I did bad by voting for the right person?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Sablexxxtoons: 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
You have leadership qualities, but will make many enemies in a country like Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by libertyfather(m): 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2022
Voting who is bettet (good) buy telling other friends what you did(bad) , so for telling others you are evil

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by providencia(m): 10:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
What you did was actually your pay back for "without informing us". So bad of you

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
as much as i understand why you did what you did, i also understand why your friend is upset... if he hadnt send you that link, you wouldnt even know about the competition, and the only reason he sent you the link was to support his yeye aspiration/ambition.

BTW in true friendship, you sometimes support your buddy's biz even if others may be better.

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Jidebabs88(m): 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
libertyfather:
Voting who is bettet (good) buy telling other friends what you did(bad) , so for telling others you are evil

Was asked if I've voted for him....but should I have lied?
Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Jidebabs88(m): 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2022
providencia:
What you did was actually your pay back for "without informing us". So bad of you

I'm sorry, that wasn't even a thing to consider. No hard feelings or payback @ hrt.
Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Jidebabs88(m): 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
as much as i understand why you did what you did, i also understand why your friend is upset... if he hadnt send you that link, you wouldnt even know about the competition, and the only reason he sent you the link was to support his yeye aspiration/ambition.

BTW in true friendship, you sometimes support your buddy's biz even if others may be better.

Thanks for adding ur view as regards the link giving me awareness. Yet, why do I also feel this stated above has affected us -vely in this part of the earth. Bigotry, nepotism, etc has dealt a lot of blows to justice & equity.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Jidebabs88:
Thanks for adding ur view as regards the link giving me awareness. Yet, why do I also feel this stated above has affected us -vely in this part of the earth. Bigotry, nepotism, etc has dealt a lot of blows to justice & equity.

no no, i dont think its any of the above reason... its more a moral thing. i mean, what would it cost you to show support to your friend, even if someone does it better than him? why the need to be so brutally honest about something so irrelevant (to you) but seemingly important (to him)?

i guess when a friend has an ugly kid, you also tell it straight (no favors) to their face, abi? or is there a point when your moral judgment comes into play?

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Richy4(m): 11:54pm On Aug 28, 2022
Let's just dissect this info..
<<Your friend did not tell you about a competition..
<< Instead he sent a link you knew nothing about for you to vote for him..
<< After viewing all the pages, in your opinion, u discovered your friend was not qualified,
<<Now the question is...why did u cast your vote knowing fully well a difference one vote can make?

<<In my opinion, U shouldn't have voted.. If he asked u if u voted, u said NO that he should have told you guys first...U have no time for those...
<< Instead you voted and still have the temerity to tell him that you voted someone else...
<<sorry to be blunt but you have zero knowledge about friendship...

<<There's no harm in calling him your acquaintance bro.. he is not your friend because friends supports one another..
<<Though he should have told you guys about the competition as well..
<<I don't know why you guys were deceiving yourselves calling each other friends when you can't trust each other or upholds one another..

QUICK EXAMPLE;
<<Assuming Your friend was in a position of authority holding a contract worth #800M and and u were interested in that contract.. he saw your company's name and quotation, and throws it far away.. and gave the contract to another..

<< While drinking, u asked him about the contract, he tells U, yea I saw your quotation, u were good but not good enough... I gave it to someone that deserves it...
Please don't tell me as human that you will be happy with such information because I won't buy it

6 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On Aug 29, 2022
libertyfather:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 29, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Baronthecelebri: 8:55am On Aug 29, 2022
Jidebabs88:
We are 3 close friends. One of us entered a competition without informing us. After a while he sent in a link to check out the site and vote for him as the best candidate. Having visited the site and saw other contestants & what they did, I didn't vote my friend but another contestant who I think DESERVED it more. I told our other friend about it and he has been calling me names.

no
Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by kelechiodo(m): 10:54am On Aug 29, 2022
Jidebabs88:
We are 3 close friends.
The major problem I've with your decision is that you were ignorant of the existence of the competition until your friend informed you and you voted against him. Well you never considered him a friend. What you would have done if you passionately believe that the guy does not deserve to win is simply not voting at all.

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Tony142: 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
Jidebabs88:

Is what I did bad by voting for the right
person?

U be animal

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by jahson19(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
You insult ur friend by calling him a close friend, u are d worse kind of friend believe me

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by mariahAngel(f): 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
Jidebabs88:

Do you have any interest in what your friend was competing for? Answer honestly.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Jidebabs88(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
Seeing your reactions, I have to clearly state that I AM NOT IN ANYWAY ANGRY about he informing us or not...we don't have to inform one another about our every life decisions, do we? So that's not part of the said matter. I just feel, if you're good, I support you, if you are not yet up there I encourage to step up! I shouldn't discard a more qualified Msc holder for the job because my friend, who is a Bsc holder desires the same position. I would be wrong, wouldn't I?
Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by Jidebabs88(m): 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
A contract shows up, ur friend isn't capable to do it well. Someone else would do sometime much better but we end up giving our friend. That, has made a lot of things go wrong. To me, if both possess the same quality, then u can favour ur friend. With that, we can have a better society not just better friendship.
Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by mariahAngel(f): 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
Jidebabs88:
A contract shows up, ur friend isn't capable to do it well. Someone else would do sometime much better but we end up giving our friend. That, has made a lot of things go wrong. To me, if both possess the same quality, then u can favour ur friend. With that, we can have a better society not just better friendship.

You're just trying so hard to convince yourself and justify what you did.
You seem like an envious "friend", who isn't worthy to be called a friend.
In Igbo language, we call your type onye mpiawa azu!

5 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? by sweetman2022: 7:38am On Aug 30, 2022
Jidebabs88:
Seeing your reactions, I have to clearly state that I AM NOT IN ANYWAY ANGRY about he informing us or not...we don't have to inform one another about our every life decisions, do we? So that's not part of the said matter. I just feel, if you're good, I support you, if you are not yet up there I encourage to step up! I shouldn't discard a more qualified Msc holder for the job because my friend, who is a Bsc holder desires the same position. I would be wrong, wouldn't I?
Answer the questions@Richy4 asked you truthfully...so God can take note of your answer and judge you accordingly when the time comes. Don't tell me you did not see it above but skip it. Even God favour some people not because they deserved it.

(1) (Reply)

Am I Doing Too Much On My Mother-in-law / First Credit Alert In 2024 / A+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.