Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum (25606 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Acidosis(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2022
LadyRosa:

If they didn't invite the godmother,who would have been in the hospital helping the wife huh?
Since the MIL lives across the street,where was she when her daughter put to bed?

She felt comfortable since somebody else is keeping awake because of her daughter,now the daughter is back they want to get rid of the woman WITHOUT even making attempt to do it in a Loving and reasonable way.

I don't like that!

My mom can't do such,it boils down to morals I believe.My mother will definitely make that woman very comfortable and will buy heaven and earth to compensate her.

It's good to know that your mother wouldn't do such. Mine wouldn't do such too but I also wouldn't inconvenient any godmother to do nanny duties even if I live in a 20 bedroom apartment.

Some couples don't have their mothers around but they survived. The whole charade sef is not good for the newborn, both physically and spiritually.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by LadyRosa(f): 8:49am On Aug 29, 2022
Acidosis:

It's good to know that your mother wouldn't do such. Mine wouldn't do such too but I also wouldn't inconvenient any godmother to do nanny duties even if I live in a 20 bedroom apartment.

Some couples don't have their mothers around but they survived. The whole charade sef is not good for the newborn, both physically and spiritually.

Now, the godmother is already here.
The question is How are they going to address the issues?

My oga,you see the op's wife and MIL.Mother and daughter truly lacks salt.

Its very clear and I can boldly say the apple didn't fall far from the tree,both are very very petty, unreasonable and without decorum.

No wise MIL will do that!She acted without sense knowing fully well it's a one bedroom apartment Especially when she lives across the street!

The wife being her mother's daughter is not playing fair.She should work with her husband,listen to him and discuss with her mother on the possible way to resolve this issue for posterity sakes!..

Nobody knows tomorrow! Anything can happen and the godmother may be the source of hope for her daughter when other kids starts coming.

Some women no get sense truly.

See the way them dey disgrace theirselves.

Oga op,when you get money better find house wey far ,move before you die b4 ur time.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by LadyRosa(f): 8:50am On Aug 29, 2022
Baronthecelebri:
the mother inlaw and the wife

I support you.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by youngsahito(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2022
Just endure till the god mother leaves but the MIL doesn't needs to pack all her belongings to your place since she stays not too far to your place. The MIL was comfortable staying away when her daughter was in the hospital. Make una sha settle am.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Acidosis(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2022
LadyRosa:

Now, the godmother is already here.
The question is How are they going to address the issues?

My oga,you see the op's wife and MIL.Mother and daughter truly lacks salt.

Its very clear and I can boldly say the apple didn't fall far from the tree,both are very very petty, unreasonable and without decorum.

No wise MIL will do that!She acted without sense knowing fully well it's a one bedroom apartment Especially when she lives across the street!

The wife being her mother's daughter is not playing fair.She should work with her husband,listen to him and discuss with her mother on the possible way to resolve this issue for posterity sakes!..

Nobody knows tomorrow! Anything can happen and the godmother may be the source of hope for her daughter when other kids starts coming.

Some women no get sense truly.

See the way them dey disgrace theirselves.

Oga op,when you get money better find house wey far ,move before you die b4 ur time.

I think the right question to ask the OP at this point is whose idea was it to invite the godmother. I'm beginning to think that the wife was not involved in that decision.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by NoToPile: 9:20am On Aug 29, 2022
Acidosis:

I think the right question to ask the OP at this point is whose idea was it to invite the godmother. I'm beginning to think that the wife was not involved in that decision.

I think so too.

And who exactly is the wives Godmother?

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:
My wife recently put to bed our first child. While at the hospital, it's been my wife's godmother who travelled down from another state specifically to be with my wife. Infact, she came straight to the hospital and she has been the one sleeping there with her at night. While I stay with her by day. When am at the hospital to relieve her, she goes to our house to sleep.

My wife's mom and my mom (both live few streets away from ours) do come to the hospital during the day ... So fast forward to yesterday Sunday.

My mother-in-law told my wife she will come after church... Hours after church closed we still didn't see her. Only for her to show up with a big traveling bag. And she knew quite well that my wife's godmother put up at our house.

My house is a one bedroom apartment.

When she came, I asked my wife that now that her mom is here, how will all of us sleep in this house as my wife, our baby and the godmother will sleep in the room, while I stay in the sitting room. She became angry and said they will all stay in the room. But that if I don't want her mom to stay in the house, she will just tell her to go away.

So I told her that the proper thing to do is tell her mom to wait till Wednesday when the godmother lives, then she can come. Besides her house is only few streets away. She can be coming during the day and go back home.

So this night now, the mom has bathed and has gone to stay in the room. The godmother who's now feeling sleepy, had to stay in the living room as she can't go to the room bc her mom is there. Me on the other hand, can't sleep in the living room bc her godmother is in the sitting room.... So I sat at the veranda until 11pm. The cloth I had on was the one I wore since morning. I can't go to the room to change as the mom is there. Neither the living room bc the other woman is there.

My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed that I dont welcome her mother in my house.

Do you think I'm wrong to have told my wife to tell her to wait till Wednesday before she comes?

NB: my mother inlaw and I, live like mother and son until she came yesterday Sunday.

Nothing here bro... Let the one who is near by go home and sleep at her street. That's the one whose street is not far away..
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 29, 2022
Same thing happened in my compound. I am a single guy sha, not yet married. Things like this are what men should put into consideration when expecting a baby. Things are not really fair sometimes. Where i stay, a married man and his wife in a single room and a child too and they just welcome another baby. the woman mother came for umugwor, guess what the man did the few days the mother stayed, he slept out, i don't know where he slept sha but i know he slept out. Could be at work. Honestly and frankly speaking men need to be calculative. Men need to put in more effort in certain things.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Ulunne777(f): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2022
Kedukwanu nke bu Godmother again and why is she doing the omugwo when the mother is quite agile and lives close by?

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by jesmond3945: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:
My wife recently put to bed our first child. While at the hospital, it's been my wife's godmother who travelled down from another state specifically to be with my wife. Infact, she came straight to the hospital and she has been the one sleeping there with her at night. While I stay with her by day. When am at the hospital to relieve her, she goes to our house to sleep.

My wife's mom and my mom (both live few streets away from ours) do come to the hospital during the day ... So fast forward to yesterday Sunday.

My mother-in-law told my wife she will come after church... Hours after church closed we still didn't see her. Only for her to show up with a big traveling bag. And she knew quite well that my wife's godmother put up at our house.

When she came, I asked my wife that now that her mom is here, how will all of us sleep in this house as my wife, our baby and the godmother will sleep in the room, while I stay in the sitting room. She became angry and said they will all stay in the room. But that if I don't want her mom to stay in the house, she will just tell her to go away.

So I told her that the proper thing to do is tell her mom to wait till Wednesday when the godmother lives, then she can come. Besides her house is only few streets away. She can be coming during the day and go back home.

So this night now, the mom has bathed and has gone to stay in the room. The godmother who's now feeling sleepy, had to stay in the living room as she can't go to the room bc her mom is there. Me on the other hand, can't sleep in the living room bc her godmother is in the sitting room.... So I sat at the veranda until 11pm. The cloth I had on was the one I wore since morning. I can't go to the room to change as the mom is there. Neither the living room bc the other woman is there.

My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed that I dont welcome her mother in my house.

Do you think I'm wrong to have told my wife to tell her to wait till Wednesday before she comes?

NB: my mother inlaw and I, live like mother and son until she came yesterday Sunday.
Lol. The mother has the right to come. Your godmother should be the one leaving. It is called omugwo. However, let the godmother stay until she leaves on wednesday. For you, go and buy a new mattrass, in case you are tired and want to rest. Whenever you are not using the mattrass you hang it on the wall. End of discussion. Congratulations on your baby.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by jesmond3945: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2022
goodamerican:
It would be unkind and ungrateful of y'all to ask the godmother who came from another state, to leave. Her mom who just came (knowing fully well that the godmother is there) and who lives down the street from you should wait until the godmother leaves on Wednesday. Her mom will have all the time in the world to spend with y'all thereafter.
No. Is not right. The mother should stay. He should give the godmother money and send her on her way.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by jesmond3945: 11:37am On Aug 29, 2022
07kjb:

Try to have understanding

Since the Godmother is living on Wednesday why can't the Mom wait for just 3 days.

U now want to shift the blame on innocent godmother that took the girl as her daughter

Her in-law didn't try at all
Wait 3 days to be with her grandchild? Can your mother wait 3 days to sleep with her grandchild? Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by jesmond3945: 11:41am On Aug 29, 2022
Creamypie:
I don talk am earlier say I no support this omugwo thing cos e don dey taken to another level. We in our immediate family dont send it. My sister who lives in Canada put to bed, my mum, a lecturer just organize mighty ghana na must go bags of dried fish, cow head, ogbono, rice, palm oil,yams, melon beans e.t.c, and way billed it. How can she live her duplex, husband,work and travel to Canada to live in rented flat? Omugwo don dey misinterpreted and used as means to chop the man, and an opportunity for the mum inlaw and her daughter to hatch thr plot to psyhologically subjugate and dominate the man... So sad bro.
This your mentality nawa. So duplex and work is more important than moments with her grandchild. This is the reason why Nigerians grow up without a heart or any sense of humanity.

6 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Truvelisback(m): 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:

U aren't wrong. U weren't aware that ur mother-in-law would come and live with u. Maybe ur mother-in-law is being jealous that ur godmother is with u. Ur wife knew abt her coming to live with u but decided to hide it from u and acted like she knew nothing. Candidlady, stop saying rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by candidladyTemp(f): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
U aren't wrong. U weren't aware that ur mother-in-law would come and live with u. Maybe ur mother-in-law is being jealous that ur godmother is with u. Ur wife knew abt her coming to live with u but decided to hide it from u and acted like she knew nothing. Cand.idlady, stop saying rubbish.

Why do you hate the truth so much eh
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Truvelisback(m): 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
candidladyTemp:

Why do you hate the truth so much eh
Which truth? Can't u read the hand writing on the wall? His wife and mother-in-law secretly planned this. The wife must have informed her mother abt the godmother taking care of her and the baby. The mother-in-law out of jealousy decided to come to take her place. His wife is just being cunny and acting like she knew nothing abt everything, including her coming. She and her mother has turning everything to competition while his wife is playing the victim's card making her appear like a wicked man whereas, she knew what she is doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by candidladyTemp(f): 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
Which truth? Can't u read the hand writing on the wall? His wife and mother-in-law secretly planned this. The wife must have informed her mother abt the godmother taking care of her and the baby. The mother-in-law out of jealousy decided to come to take her place. His wife is just being cunny and acting like she knew nothing abt everything, including her coming. She and her mother has turning everything to competition while his wife is playing the victim's card making her appear like a wicked man whereas, she knew what she is doing.

Truvelisback

Who invited the WIFE'S godmother?

The husband or the wife

And if it was the husband that did
Why?
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by SmartyPants(m): 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
Tokskob2008:
What is the place of the supposed godmother and why does she have to travel from another state to come and lodge in your place and start performing duties that aren't hers? I mean both your mum and that of your wife are still very much alive and can take care of your wife so I ask again what exactly is her place

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the godmother coming over to help is bad but I'm just wondering why your mother and mother in-law should take the back seat in a show that's rightfully theirs.

Did you see the part where the godmother has been with her since even when she was in the hospital?

Where was the biological mom then?

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Gentlevip: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
Half African half ajebo white people

When you don't hang koboko nearby in Africa, wives tend to abuse marriage. She and her mother do not know priority in home

A whole husband!!!! What is Africa becoming??
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by ablejesus26(m): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
Hmm op since you are married to a gal undecided
I always tell young guys that it is not every Wife that is ready to be a Woman,a real Woman understands the importance of space, privacy and compromise in marriage.
But guy work towards getting your family to a better apartment.
Congrats on being a dad.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by frozen70(f): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:

My question is, her God mother actually took the place of uoir wife mother, why

Now that uoir mother inlaw is around, her God mother should be the one to leave because I want to assume she was holding brief for your mother inlaw to come

Very soon all of them will leave and you guys will be left alone so won't you guys cope by then

Even the economic situation is enough to make one of them leave
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by uthlaw: 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You want your wife's mum to pack her kaya back to her house so your wife's so called godmother could stay undecided
Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please
1. This her godmother who/what is she to you undecided

2. Who invited the godmother over (something tells me you were the one that invited her)
For her to use such lines
My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed "that I dont welcome her mother in my house."

Lemme drift a Lil

please what is the gender of your kid?
If it is a boy child kindly look for the neatest waste bin

all the best to you

is a boy is 100times better than future hookup, olosho,sharing nudes on tik tok...got only pussy to offer....why yahoo boys are using them for money rituals, because they have no value,have only pussy to offer is valueless!
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Mr5050(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
This one of the reasons for men untimely death. This omugo shit need to be abolish, nonsense and omugo.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Bryan88(m): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
Tokskob2008:
What is the place of the supposed godmother and why does she have to travel from another state to come and lodge in your place and start performing duties that aren't hers? I mean both your mum and that of your wife are still very much alive and can take care of your wife so I ask again what exactly is her place

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the godmother coming over to help is bad but I'm just wondering why your mother and mother in-law should take the back seat in a show that's rightfully theirs.
and they also few streets away from theirs too.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by GamalNasser: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
Una too like suffer ? How is this family ever going to break out of poverty like this ?

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Unrated900(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
Chai one bedroom
God will help you @op
I understand and feel your pain
Don’t get anything angry
Don’t ride to your mother in-law
Your mother in-law is a good mother
She taught with her been there she might assist properly hence you can go to your work.
It won’t be so long before she goes off
Once again apply wisdom
And God will provide for you to get a big flat...
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by RPG2020(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
First come first serve simple as that

Guy remember the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
Everybody go sleep in that house!

Me I go sleep for outside!
undecided
By Wednesday or Thursday

Everywhere go cool

E no reach quarrel
undecided

Welcome to a man's life

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by forerunner022(m): 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You want your wife's mum to pack her kaya back to her house so your wife's so called godmother could stay undecided
Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please

2. Who invited the godmother over (something tells me you were the one that invited her)
My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed "that I dont welcome her mother in my house."

Lemme drift a Lil

all the best to you

Your response was intelligently weaved, until the latter part where you asked about his kid's gender and advised that he should be disposed off in the nearest waste bin. That only shows how your dirty brain is functioning and I advised you to kindly look for the nearest waste bin and dispose your stupid brains off. Sucker!

4 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
Unrated900:
Chai one bedroom
God will help you @op
I understand and feel your pain
Don’t get anything angry
Don’t ride to your mother in-law
Your mother in-law is a good mother
She taught with her been there she might assist properly hence you can go to your work.
It won’t be so long before she goes off
Once again apply wisdom
And God will provide for you to get a big flat...
So if it was a room nko
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please

Lemme drift a Lil

all the best to you

You need help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Whom To Blame!!! / "I Have Been Dreaming Of My Mother Recently" - Man Who Lost His Mum Needs Help / Husband Seeks Dissolution Of 10 Years Marriage Over Alleged DNA Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.