Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum (25620 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by LadyExcellency: 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You want your wife's mum to pack her kaya back to her house so your wife's so called godmother could stay undecided
Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please
1. This her godmother who/what is she to you undecided

2. Who invited the godmother over (something tells me you were the one that invited her)
For her to use such lines
My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed "that I dont welcome her mother in my house."

Lemme drift a Lil

please what is the gender of your kid?
If it is a boy child kindly look for the neatest waste bin

all the best to you

Are you human if I may ask or a Nairaland bot?
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by ajbiggie(m): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
My brother what advice do you need, just call the godmother that since the your mother in-law is now around she has to leave politely. Please give her transport fee oo. Don't cause problems in your home use wisdom.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by lawrenzooo: 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
baralatie:

Because the girl mama dey come and go
She no dey stay until now the mama con realize say she do mistake
Wetin make d girl mother dey come dey go?

The story no complete for the following reason.

1. Wetin make dem invite godmother when the girl mother and her husband mother dey town.
This two people suppose fit take care of the girl.

If dey had a good reason for inviting godmother to come pending when are mother in-law or mother would be available, I think it's only wise mother in-law wait for godmother to go.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
RPG2020:

No that don't work in my house i didn't marry my in-laws stop thinking backward Prince Harry wife didn't invite her dad to her marriage grin
That is why the queen give her red card from standing by her side and forming royal!
Who loose?

As a man you don't need to force achoi e between mom's,mom inlaws,and God mother's!
The are women(they are expert in social bonding)
Mehn marry them all together.you as a guy man leave house for them.
Just keep a good conversation and positive energy in the house .they will even be helping you self
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by NA1RALANDER(f): 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2022
LadyRosa:
Who called the godmother?
Why is the MIL not visiting pending when the godmother leaves?
Why is the godmother still there even after the MIL arrived with a bag?
Why is your wife unreasonable to resolve the issue without even involving you?

All three women are so unreasonable but the least is the godmother, she helped you when you needed her the most.

Sensible questions from you my dear..
The fault is entirely that of his wife but the confused Man doesn't know..
The wife should have been the one to call her mother and tell her to wait till the God mother leaves before coming..
After all the god mother is of the wife not of the husband.. now she stylishly push the responsibility to him and he is now getting hypertensive..
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeewww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by miqos02(m): 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:
My wife recently put to bed our first child. While at the hospital, it's been my wife's godmother who travelled down from another state specifically to be with my wife. Infact, she came straight to the hospital and she has been the one sleeping there with her at night. While I stay with her by day. When am at the hospital to relieve her, she goes to our house to sleep.

My wife's mom and my mom (both live few streets away from ours) do come to the hospital during the day ... So fast forward to yesterday Sunday.

My mother-in-law told my wife she will come after church... Hours after church closed we still didn't see her. Only for her to show up with a big traveling bag. And she knew quite well that my wife's godmother put up at our house.

My house is a one bedroom apartment.

When she came, I asked my wife that now that her mom is here, how will all of us sleep in this house as my wife, our baby and the godmother will sleep in the room, while I stay in the sitting room. She became angry and said they will all stay in the room. But that if I don't want her mom to stay in the house, she will just tell her to go away.

So I told her that the proper thing to do is tell her mom to wait till Wednesday when the godmother lives, then she can come. Besides her house is only few streets away. She can be coming during the day and go back home.

So this night now, the mom has bathed and has gone to stay in the room. The godmother who's now feeling sleepy, had to stay in the living room as she can't go to the room bc her mom is there. Me on the other hand, can't sleep in the living room bc her godmother is in the sitting room.... So I sat at the veranda until 11pm. The cloth I had on was the one I wore since morning. I can't go to the room to change as the mom is there. Neither the living room bc the other woman is there.

My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed that I dont welcome her mother in my house.

Do you think I'm wrong to have told my wife to tell her to wait till Wednesday before she comes?

NB: my mother inlaw and I, live like mother and son until she came yesterday Sunday.
leave the house for them for the few days . The home is yours at the end of the day. No time to fight your wife during this season of newborn in your family
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Image123(m): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:
My wife recently put to bed our first child. While at the hospital, it's been my wife's godmother who travelled down from another state specifically to be with my wife. Infact, she came straight to the hospital and she has been the one sleeping there with her at night. While I stay with her by day. When am at the hospital to relieve her, she goes to our house to sleep.

My wife's mom and my mom (both live few streets away from ours) do come to the hospital during the day ... So fast forward to yesterday Sunday.

My mother-in-law told my wife she will come after church... Hours after church closed we still didn't see her. Only for her to show up with a big traveling bag. And she knew quite well that my wife's godmother put up at our house.

When she came, I asked my wife that now that her mom is here, how will all of us sleep in this house as my wife, our baby and the godmother will sleep in the room, while I stay in the sitting room. She became angry and said they will all stay in the room. But that if I don't want her mom to stay in the house, she will just tell her to go away.

So I told her that the proper thing to do is tell her mom to wait till Wednesday when the godmother lives, then she can come. Besides her house is only few streets away. She can be coming during the day and go back home.

So this night now, the mom has bathed and has gone to stay in the room. The godmother who's now feeling sleepy, had to stay in the living room as she can't go to the room bc her mom is there. Me on the other hand, can't sleep in the living room bc her godmother is in the sitting room.... So I sat at the veranda until 11pm. The cloth I had on was the one I wore since morning. I can't go to the room to change as the mom is there. Neither the living room bc the other woman is there.

My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed that I dont welcome her mother in my house.

Do you think I'm wrong to have told my wife to tell her to wait till Wednesday before she comes?

NB: my mother inlaw and I, live like mother and son until she came yesterday Sunday.

This case ehn, you go take cane like Jesus drive the two of them comot for that room. They are visitors, they should manage the living room together in love. Abi which kain mother dem be wey one occupy person matrimonial home.
Where's your mother in all this, i suppose traditionally she has more right than these ones chancing young couple's bed.
They should both behave mature, and manage the living room together abi they are cat and rat that can't see eye to eye?
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Jeffyblaq(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:

Happened to me few years back when I'm in exactly yuh scenario..

At a point, I just discussed with wifey dat anyone who wants to visit us(her family & mine) must give me a good prior notice..

For now, I just have my wife kids, a 12 year old girl who takes care of little stuffs at home, a nanny who's on monthly pay dat lives not too far from my street.. She just comes by 7a. M and leaves by 6pm..

Thatz all.. I no fit shout!

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2022
lawrenzooo:

Wetin make d girl mother dey come dey go?

The story no complete for the following reason.

1. Wetin make dem invite godmother when the girl mother and her husband mother dey town.
This two people suppose fit take care of the girl.

If dey had a good reason for inviting godmother to come pending when are mother in-law or mother would be available, I think it's only wise mother in-law wait for godmother to go.
Guy!
You are forcing a choice which is counter productive!

Moms and moms in law were not able to be available to stay.
Now The Mother is available to help.
Phew! I would be joyous!
Oya Plus godmother meet mother in law and join with mother(the more the merry).
E no reach fight?
Some babies only have mom(no inlaws,no sister,no jack).
Na God
And some have only one room(and the whole community is there)
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by richie240: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2022
Women and their wahala.
I wish I could advice u brah, but the time for advice don pass tey-tey.

Let's assuming u ask me whether e make sense to marry at all in d first place, I for get d tin wey I for yarn u, but as u don cross dt bridge, its too late.

"Bear ur cross patiently", na d only 'consolation' I fit give u now.
cool
UncleDaddy2017:

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Skyfornia(m): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:

This shouldn't be an issue bro.. don't allow devil use you. Allow your wife handle the situation herself. Try and manage with both your mother in law and godmother for 3 days.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by lawrenzooo: 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
baralatie:

Guy!
You are forcing a choice which is counter productive!

Moms and moms in law were not able to be available to stay.
Now The Mother is available to help.
Phew! I would be joyous!
Oya Plus godmother meet mother in law and join with mother(the more the merry).
E no reach fight?
Some babies only have mom(no inlaws,no sister,no jack).
Na God
And some have only one room(and the whole community is there)

Well the husband is not comfortable...
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
lawrenzooo:

Well the husband is not comfortable...
He is now a married man and a father with a wife,mother,mother in law's,godmother,bills, and all.sorts of responsibilities

He is welcome.to the job
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by richie240: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
Na wah o, even d wonz dt can't manage husband's #100k/month salary sef dey gather muzzle call others 'unreasonable'.
Itiz well!
cool
Rozross:
Some people are not just reasonable, were you supposed to tell your mother-in-law on what to do in this type of situation? Let her leave till your wife’s godmother is gone since she’s just staying for few days. Dem no even pity you sef
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
richie240:

Na wah o, even d wonz dt can't manage husband's #100k/month salary sef dey gather muzzle call others 'unreasonable'.
Itiz well!
cool
grin grin
Bad mouth
grin
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Romanoff(f): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2022
These are things that should have been discussed before the baby came. Wetin una dey talk for marriage tori Oloun?
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Truvelisback(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
candidladyTemp:

Truvelisback

Who invited the WIFE'S godmother?

The husband or the wife

And if it was the husband that did
Why?
The husband should be in the position to decide who should do the caring. Moreover, his should have opened up abt him abt her mother coming to stay with them considering the fact the house is not spacious enough to accomodate them all.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by FireUpNow(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Deal with it. You are now a man
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by donsheddy1(m): 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
Well, my wife knows that her mother can't come to my place to stay without a week notice.

I started rejecting what I can't cope with in the future earlier before now. The one you say you're leaving like mother and son with your mother-inlaw doesn't apply with me.

I set my priorities right. Secondly The so called God-mother left her place to come lodge at yours as per what?

You people no know wetin dem dey call personal space?

Lastly your wife shows that you are the one who's borrowing her sense since you guys were doing street runs before you got her pregnant. So deal with her excesses cos that's what you wanted.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Oyiboman69: 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:

you're d one not being reasonable here....
Let all the women stays while you look for a friends' or family place to stay for the mean time....
the house is also big enough for you to take your bath and put on some few clothes, then leave until when you want to return home. however, you can also look for any corner in the house to catch your sleep for the time being. what if your mother, sister, or another of your wife's relatives decides to visit, would you send them away because they will be stay
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by candidladyTemp(f): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
The husband should be in the position to decide who should do the caring. Moreover, his should have opened up abt him abt her mother coming to stay with them considering the fact the house is not spacious enough to accomodate them all.

The husband should be in the position to decide who should do the caring undecided

I no understand you at all undecided

Ithink both of em should be blamed
Wife and husband

What itruly wanna know is Who invited the WIFE'S godmother

But if this rift/confusion/madness is over a boy child then irest my case
It is not worth it

Outta the wife's godmother, her mother and the boy child isuggest he dispose the ^you know who^
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Kingozymandias(m): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Creamypie:
I don talk am earlier say I no support this omugwo thing cos e don dey taken to another level. We in our immediate family dont send it. My sister who lives in Canada put to bed, my mum, a lecturer just organize mighty ghana na must go bags of dried fish, cow head, ogbono, rice, palm oil,yams, melon beans e.t.c, and way billed it. How can she live her duplex, husband,work and travel to Canada to live in rented flat? Omugwo don dey misinterpreted and used as means, not just to pest the man, and also an opportunity for the mum inlaw and her daughter to hatch the plot to psychologically subjugate and dominate the man... So sad bro.

Are you sure you understand the topic ?
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Elidrisy20: 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Poverty bad
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Oyiboman69: 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:

you're d one not being reasonable here....
Let all the women stays while you look for a friends' or family place to stay for the mean time....
the house is also big enough for you to take your bath and put on some few clothes, then leave until when you want to return home. however, you can also look for any corner in the house to catch your sleep for the time being. what if your mother, sister, or another of your wife's relatives decides to visit, would you send them away because they will be staying for a few days?. don't you know that family members always visit when a child is born?. oga go back inside and look for a place to manage in your house before you want to create a scene where there shouldn't have been none....
Only two visitors for where two rooms dey,you dey complain,what if na one room?. leave every visitors to manage their stay for now, before they leave to their various place before displaying your ingratitude....

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by TheZeezle(m): 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
Chai, You are in for it. It's a life time thing, godmother kor, godson ni. U be fool!
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Truvelisback(m): 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2022
candidladyTemp:

The husband should be in the position to decide who should do the caring undecided

I no understand you at all undecided

Ithink both of em should be blamed
Wife and husband

What itruly wanna know is Who invited the WIFE'S godmother
Who invited her doesn't count as long as the husband(who is the head) approved her(godmother).The wife should have informed her husband abt her mother coming to stay with them. The husband thought her mother was only coming to pay them a visit and go. In summary, the wife and her mother planned this.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Oyiboman69: 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
Justice505:
Lol

Well! I don't see anything wrong here, there is no issue here. If you feel uncomfortable changing in present of your mother in-law you can do that in the bathroom or if you don't like the bathroom you can use wrapper or towel to change.

There was one neighbor we had when we were still tenant, there was a day the mother and father of the wife with her two siblings came to visit them not with standing that the couple had two children already. There were eight living in one room, there stay together for more than six months before there left for the village. Comfort is a luxury sometimes when you start having kids in marriage. you can't drive your wife Godmother away you just have to manage one two weeks of management won't cause a thing, you can decide to sleep on the couchie or look for any place in the sitting room and sleep.

You're just having this sleepless nights because is your first time by the time your second child will come by then you would have been well prepared for any circumstance.
no answer the guy,you no fit manage for where two women they for two rooms... height of human ingratitude....
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Richy4(m): 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
This is supposed to be a peaceful thing...
<< Your wife should have told her mother that the god mother was there already and that she will be leaving on so and date...
<< That she only got one Bedroom which can accommodate only one caregiver..
<< Adults just like unnecessary complications angry
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Bayyajidda(m): 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You want your wife's mum to pack her kaya back to her house so your wife's so called godmother could stay undecided
Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please
1. This her godmother who/what is she to you undecided

2. Who invited the godmother over (something tells me you were the one that invited her)
For her to use such lines
My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed "that I dont welcome her mother in my house."

Lemme drift a Lil

please what is the gender of your kid?
If it is a boy child kindly look for the neatest waste bin

all the best to you

But are you sure you're okay?
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Oyiboman69: 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
07kjb:
If I were you I will send my in-law packing today she's a trouble maker
senseless talk....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife / My Husband Denied Me Sex For 8 Years, Woman Tells Court / My Wife Is Dating Her Boss. Pls Help Me.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.