Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum (25612 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Unrated900(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
baralatie:

So if it was a room nko

Stay there your self naaa
Or what’s your problem bro
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by malvisguy212: 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You want your wife's mum to pack her kaya back to her house so your wife's so called godmother could stay undecided
Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please
1. This her godmother who/what is she to you undecided

2. Who invited the godmother over (something tells me you were the one that invited her)
For her to use such lines
My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed "that I dont welcome her mother in my house."

Lemme drift a Lil

please what is the gender of your kid?
If it is a boy child kindly look for the neatest waste bin

all the best to you

You are full of hate...don't die like this.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by GboyegaD(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Let her be. As for the women, they will sort themselves.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
RPG2020:
First come first serve simple as that

Guy remember the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know
First come does not work with moms!

You marry everything,everybody together
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by clems88(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You want your wife's mum to pack her kaya back to her house so your wife's so called godmother could stay undecided
Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please

2. Who invited the godmother over (something tells me you were the one that invited her)
My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed "that I dont welcome her mother in my house."

Lemme drift a Lil

all the best to you

you are soo sick . You sound dumb.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Water9430(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
The story is not just complete from what I can see here, why was the mother who leaves streets away from her daughter not available after the daughter gave birth, what is the relationship between the godmother and the wife's mother, what is the relationship between the godmother and the daughter, who trained the daughter, how did the husband know the godmother. But despite of all this and myriads of questions, the mother should be made aware of the plan on grand of the godmother leaving ( preferably by the wife) in few days time so as to her coming to take over. The wife is not being understanding and appreatiative of what the godmother has done for her, which to me is the angle you as a husband is coming from. How do you tell someone who has stayed with your wife and child to leave in a rude manner, when the person is about leaving and the mother is supposedly leave streets away. You are not asking for too much left to me shaa, but if you can find a way to crash with any of your friends, if the financial means is not there to get a hotel base on what you have spent and will likely spend to avoid the hole incident that my ensured from you taking action will be better. Sometimes, avoiding issues is better than solving issues even when you are on the right
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by lawrenzooo: 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
Tokskob2008:
What is the place of the supposed godmother and why does she have to travel from another state to come and lodge in your place and start performing duties that aren't hers? I mean both your mum and that of your wife are still very much alive and can take care of your wife so I ask again what exactly is her place

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the godmother coming over to help is bad but I'm just wondering why your mother and mother in-law should take the back seat in a show that's rightfully theirs.
Exactly my thought. Why would the God mother travel down when the girls Mom and mother in-law are very much alive and in close proximity. Something is not adding up here
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Crownhome(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
What am seeing is that
It's as if you guys are not in happy mood.
Because if you are all happy; thing's will flow on smoothly
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2022
Unrated900:

Stay there your self naaa
Or what’s your problem bro
Once again
If the man apartment was only one room who will stay and who will leave
undecided
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2022
Crownhome:
What am seeing is that
It's as if you guys are not in happy mood.
Because if you are all happy; thing's will flow on smoothly
Logically
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by lawrenzooo: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2022
07kjb:

Try to have understanding

Since the Godmother is living on Wednesday why can't the Mom wait for just 3 days.

U now want to shift the blame on innocent godmother that took the girl as her daughter

Her in-law didn't try at all
Wetin carry Godmother come when the Godmother know say the girl mama dey town
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by ZUBY77(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:
My wife recently put to bed our first child. While at the hospital, it's been my wife's godmother who travelled down from another state specifically to be with my wife. Infact, she came straight to the hospital and she has been the one sleeping there with her at night. While I stay with her by day. When am at the hospital to relieve her, she goes to our house to sleep.

My wife's mom and my mom (both live few streets away from ours) do come to the hospital during the day ... So fast forward to yesterday Sunday.

My mother-in-law told my wife she will come after church... Hours after church closed we still didn't see her. Only for her to show up with a big traveling bag. And she knew quite well that my wife's godmother put up at our house.

My house is a one bedroom apartment.

When she came, I asked my wife that now that her mom is here, how will all of us sleep in this house as my wife, our baby and the godmother will sleep in the room, while I stay in the sitting room. She became angry and said they will all stay in the room. But that if I don't want her mom to stay in the house, she will just tell her to go away.

So I told her that the proper thing to do is tell her mom to wait till Wednesday when the godmother lives, then she can come. Besides her house is only few streets away. She can be coming during the day and go back home.

So this night now, the mom has bathed and has gone to stay in the room. The godmother who's now feeling sleepy, had to stay in the living room as she can't go to the room bc her mom is there. Me on the other hand, can't sleep in the living room bc her godmother is in the sitting room.... So I sat at the veranda until 11pm. The cloth I had on was the one I wore since morning. I can't go to the room to change as the mom is there. Neither the living room bc the other woman is there.

My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed that I dont welcome her mother in my house.

Do you think I'm wrong to have told my wife to tell her to wait till Wednesday before she comes?

NB: my mother inlaw and I, live like mother and son until she came yesterday Sunday.
I didn't ready anywhere you mentioned where you work and the time you go to work

You can easily tell your mother in law that the godmother leaves on Wednesday.
What type of godmother are we even talking about?
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2022
lawrenzooo:

Exactly my thought. Why would the God mother travel down when the girls Mom and mother in-law are very much alive and in close proximity. Something is not adding up here
They come and go
God mother stayed from child birth to present
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by echomanji: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2022
Leave d house fr them na. Go crash 4 any of ya fwend huz till the godmother go. Then u decide weda to come back or not
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by forerunner022(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
My brother it is obvious you and your wife failed to take proactive steps in making early preparation for who will take postnatal care of her before hand. If not why this confusion of godmother and mother in-law getting settlement/accommodation wahala? Obviously, there's a big communication gap between you and your wife. So tay one idiot nairalander called candidlady come dey open her gutter mouth to say baby wen God bring into this world, make dem troway am for gutter simply because he's a male child. I pity her ignorance.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Paulianfa(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
Calm down bro just be humble and let's live.
God will bless ur godmother for suspending everything just to assist you.
U are not wrong in anyway when explaining things to ur wife, n dia ways no reason am.
Just be a man and manage the way it is until that Wednesday wen ur godmother will say goodbye...
God will give you the strength, as things are hard on guys this period no be childs.
Take courage smiley smiley
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by AZControversial(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
sad
OP is handling something far far greater than rocket science!!!
If he can overcome this 'without a scratch', he can overcome anything!
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2022
lawrenzooo:

Wetin carry Godmother come when the Godmother know say the girl mama dey town
Because the girl mama dey come and go
She no dey stay until now the mama con realize say she do mistake
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by DenreleDave(m): 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2022
senseless and gibberish

confused girl
Candidlady:
sad

Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please

Lemme drift a Lil

all the best to you

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by ImpactBooks: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2022
Some men just like to give themselves unnecessary headache. From the storyline, neither the wife, godmother nor mother-in-law is complaining of staying together in the one bedroom apartment. Na the Op dey complain! And what's the Op even complaining of to be spefic: Space, food or what?

Op, na u suppose dey patient till Wednesday. You better thank your star that you have mother around you to help your wife in babysitting. There are couples that live in 3 or 4 bedroom apartment yet to mother-in-law or godwhatever to come assist them in babysitting!

At this point, conveniency shouldn't be the priority but love, affection, and care that your family requires. Be patient till Wednesday Op abeg. Neither your wife, mother-in-law or wife's godmother is complaining. Except if there is something you're not telling us.

P.s: Congratulations on your first fruit. May his/her brith open immeasurable blessing, mercy and favour unto your family.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by emonis88: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2022
If I were u I go to a friend's house or a family member house n stay there for a week, just see the baby when u come home from work n go, let ur wife complain, then u ask her where does she want u to stay , since her mother n godmother ve taken over ur house.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Ruke1989: 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
LadyRosa:
Who called the godmother?
Why is the MIL not visiting pending when the godmother leaves?
Why is the godmother still there even after the MIL arrived with a bag?
Why is your wife unreasonable to resolve the issue without even involving you?

All three women are so unreasonable but the least is the godmother, she helped you when you needed her the most.

This is the first time I have liked a woman for her very sensible reasoning. I fall in love already with you not for beauty but for sense

Firstly, the woman mother didn't want inconvenience of sleeping in the hospital with her daughter and didn't show up to share the night with the godmother despite living near.

Secondly, the woman mother came because she is probably under pressure from other women. Since she didn't show up on day one or two after her discharge

Three, some women like wahala without common sense. She believes her body language will send the stranger/godmother packing. Or she can make the place I conducive for the stranger

Four, the new mum is probably overjoyed to have everyone she loves around. This emotional situation didn't make her factor the inconveniences and cost to her husband. That's where she became unreasonable

Five, the godmother could be shocked or probably wasn't prepared to leave immediately because she thought the mother inlaw living near may return since she wasn't preinformed.

Marry someone with a good IQ don't marry big yansh, big breast. Most of the big yansh big breast in real life has zero IQ and make irrational decisions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by RPG2020(m): 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
baralatie:

First come does not work with moms!

You marry everything,everybody together

No that don't work in my house i didn't marry my in-laws stop thinking backward Prince Harry wife didn't invite her dad to her marriage grin
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by rajiedreez: 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
You've just showed her that she's the man

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by bonnyhope: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:
My wife recently put to bed our first child. While at the hospital, it's been my wife's godmother who travelled down from another state specifically to be with my wife. Infact, she came straight to the hospital and she has been the one sleeping there with her at night. While I stay with her by day. When am at the hospital to relieve her, she goes to our house to sleep.

My wife's mom and my mom (both live few streets away from ours) do come to the hospital during the day ... So fast forward to yesterday Sunday.

My mother-in-law told my wife she will come after church... Hours after church closed we still didn't see her. Only for her to show up with a big traveling bag. And she knew quite well that my wife's godmother put up at our house.

My house is a one bedroom apartment.

When she came, I asked my wife that now that her mom is here, how will all of us sleep in this house as my wife, our baby and the godmother will sleep in the room, while I stay in the sitting room. She became angry and said they will all stay in the room. But that if I don't want her mom to stay in the house, she will just tell her to go away.

So I told her that the proper thing to do is tell her mom to wait till Wednesday when the godmother lives, then she can come. Besides her house is only few streets away. She can be coming during the day and go back home.

So this night now, the mom has bathed and has gone to stay in the room. The godmother who's now feeling sleepy, had to stay in the living room as she can't go to the room bc her mom is there. Me on the other hand, can't sleep in the living room bc her godmother is in the sitting room.... So I sat at the veranda until 11pm. The cloth I had on was the one I wore since morning. I can't go to the room to change as the mom is there. Neither the living room bc the other woman is there.

My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed that I dont welcome her mother in my house.

Do you think I'm wrong to have told my wife to tell her to wait till Wednesday before she comes?

NB: my mother inlaw and I, live like mother and son until she came yesterday Sunday.

May God bless all men

See wetin men the pass through

Well, your wife can reason with you by discharging the God mother because I see that even your mother in law is not the understanding tyoe
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by TheFacelessMan: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
Just start dressing infront of them.

By the time they see glimpses of nudity, they will get the gist.

So they want you to share the couch with one of them ? grin.

On a serious note... the women can stuff themselves in the room if comfortable for them. You will find your corner. Don't worry, they will definitely get on each others nerves shortly and let you be.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Acidosis(m): 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
Tokskob2008:
What is the place of the supposed godmother and why does she have to travel from another state to come and lodge in your place and start performing duties that aren't hers? I mean both your mum and that of your wife are still very much alive and can take care of your wife so I ask again what exactly is her place

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the godmother coming over to help is bad but I'm just wondering why your mother and mother in-law should take the back seat in a show that's rightfully theirs.

godmother fit be OP's ex sef.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by baralatie(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
echomanji:
Leave d house fr them na. Go crash 4 any of ya fwend huz till the godmother go. Then u decide weda to come back or not
O boy the tin no hard o!
grin
Me I don marry all of them put for house go crash outside
undecided
Women dem.e go shock person how Dem go balance the equation.not one quarrel go happen!
Just make sure say you Sabi play ball with them
cheesy
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Lastborn0074: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
I'm wondering why the godmom should arrive from another state before your mom and wifys mom. You even said they live streets away. Well, this shouldn't have been the case. Since you have this situation now, don't send anyone away. Let the godmom use her head and do the needful. You cannot send ur mother inlaw away, it's not done in Africa. As for you, simply adapt to the situation. You cannot have your usual comfort at this time bc the situation is not usual. Good luck.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by bonnyhope: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
gfon:
Na women life be that.... emotional blackmail just to get what they want

They are very good at that
Is very unfortunate that the society even believe them more than the men
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by asahnwaKC: 1:52pm On Aug 29, 2022
Lucky you 2 women willing to help out... you need to hustle hard because if you are staying in more spacious apartment they will all stay in visitors room taking care of baby turn by turn while your wife recovers faster. They both mean good so make all of una manage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife / It Is Wrong For A Woman To Respect Her Husband — Apostle Okose (pics,video) / My Husband Denied Me Sex For 8 Years, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.