Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Is Russia A Good Place To Live? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Russia A Good Place To Live? (19408 Views)

Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? / Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? / Is Nigeria A Good Place To Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by cuteness01: 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2011
donspony:

^^

I'm guessing you're female

A male would more likely be attacked than a female.

Numerous videos abound on Yt showing skinheads jumping immigrants.
well,,,,the issue of skinheads beating and killing foreigner has died down relatively,,,i ve once been attecked too,,but by thieves,,who wanted money,,and it was in a dark place around 1am,,,common,,such things also happen in naija,,,the racism here is more experienced @school,,@ workplaces,,,ib public transports,,,,,generally,,russia is a nice place to live,,,,IF,
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^^^
At least that's from a Russian, I guess!
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by hajifaty: 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2011
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]Is havin SÈX with an AIDS patient safe?[/size]

Safe and better than a straight bullet on ur forehead smiley
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^^^
Safe or not is what matter not how safe?Both bullet and AIDS are not safe, dude!
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Anvaller: 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2011
Look man, I have never been to Russia but from what I know from Russian friends, there is nothing in that country.  People die in the winter of extreme cold because many houses do not have heating facilities. No social benefits and no jobs. A Russian lady friend of mine has been in Brazil since last year and she told me that she prefers to live the rest of her life with her Brazilian boyfriend there than to go to Russia.

My advice to you, don't go to Russia, not even to study. Many Russians are thinking of a better place just like you, so what are your chances if u go there?
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by YoruIgbo(m): 11:36pm On Aug 10, 2011
I have lived in Moscow and Sakhalin Island both in Russia, let me start by saying it all depends on where you live and what you intend to do in Russia.

There is a significant racist community in Russia

A lot of Russians have never seen a black person before or come in close contact with a black person so they might see you as a star and want pictures with you or your autograph believing you might be a star!

Now listen, Russian women are amongst the most beautiful women in the world, as a single man, if you live in Russia whether you born again or born before grin it is almost as sure as death that you will marry a Russian and as a Married man living in Russia alone without your wife, it is almost guaranteed that you will always stay married but to a different woman grin grin and your current wife will need to look for a new husband

Moscow is very expensive as a regular breakfast in a 4 or 5 star hotel cost about £50 and locals are not well paid

My summary is this, no matter where you live in this world apart from Naija, you can make the place fit for you but in Naija it is the opposite

I rest my case
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by mamagee3(f): 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2011
I wouldn't want to go to russia to visit let alone live there.

Goodluck to those that love it there!
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 11, 2011
russia aint a safe place for a black person to reside.its spilling over with the neo nazis and the russian mafia

1 Like

Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 11, 2011
Arosa:

why will a sane naijf Afga person want to travel to Russia. the next thing you will hear naijas ask is, is hell a good place to live? angry
if i recall them even be create thread for here asking if Afghanistan was a safe place for a nigerian to live and work grin
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Outstrip(f): 5:38am On Aug 11, 2011
Na wa. Even the people defending Russia even scare me more from Russia. Please poster stay in Nigeria.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by honeric01(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2011
Russia o, yet Eto is going there to play football and earn huge money.

A country is as good as you make it.

I just read that a black man contested and won a political election in this same Russia, so it's what you make out of Russia that Russia makes you.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Alinco20: 9:25am On Aug 11, 2011
As far as i am concern Russia is the best place for black to live. I will rather live in Russia thank to Live in USA, UK, Germany, Or other European country.

If you will ever want to be successful in Rusia, learn to speak thier language and always be friendly, know when to stay away from them when they are drunk. Don't walk at night alone or a lonely way. These are just simple rules. The Russian respect you when you are educated and speak their language.

I am sick and tired of western condemination on Russia, Other countries are not better off. UK and the USA now are the worst place to live.

Be aware that no matter where you live in this world as a black man, you will always remain a second class citizen.

I rest my case,,,,,
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by obigin43(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2011
poster from time i hv not had any good news about Africans in Russia pls try to consider school here in naija instead of u putting ur life in risk.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by cescjay(m): 11:52am On Aug 11, 2011
Ive been living in Russia for 5 yr now,not the best place to live neither is it the worse.It also depends on the city you reside in and what you are there for.Moscow is the best place for a foreigner though its very expensive n the competition is very high,there are so many smaller cities that are not Sochi,Krasnodar,Rostov,Veronish,Ekaterinadar, etc
the language is difficult but if ur a fast learner like me that wont be a problem.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Outstrip(f): 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2011
Please educate me small. Do drunk people just walk up and down the streets of Russia. Why are all the people that live there talking about staying away from the drunk Russians
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2011
^^^^
Ask those who are staying in Russia.

It makes sense if you stay away from people you're living a lonely life. So, Russia is not a friendly place - for those who are defending Russia.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by mithel(m): 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2011
Its very funny the way people that have never near eastern europe talkless of russia,r just yarnin dust and a lot of 'i hear say'.

Its funny how you are all shouting racism when you are still going to go to the tribalism section to do what you love best.the way you are all talking,one wud think once a russian sees you,you are dead.nawa o

abi no be d same 9ja,where ppl die over frivolous tins,where even eatin cow meat but get u mistakened as a cannibal,where there is a risk of boarding a one chance bus,risk of gbomo gbomo,ritual killings and even bomb blasts in the north.abegi lets hear word jare.

@d guy askin numba of drunk ppl,dem plenty o,but do u blame dem wen dey produce a lot of vodka plus d cold weather.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Rhea(f): 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

I have lived in Moscow and Sakhalin Island both in Russia, let me start by saying it all depends on where you live and what you intend to do in Russia.

A lot of Russians have never seen a black person before or come in close contact with a black person so they might see you as a star and want pictures with you or your autograph believing you might be a star!

Now listen, Russian women are amongst the most beautiful women in the world, as a single man, if you live in Russia whether you born again or born before grin it is almost as sure as death that you will marry a Russian and as a Married man living in Russia alone without your wife, it is almost guaranteed that you will always stay married but to a different woman grin grin and your current wife will need to look for a new husband

Moscow is very expensive as a regular breakfast in a 4 or 5 star hotel cost about £50 and locals are not well paid

My summary is this, no matter where you live in this world apart from Naija, you can make the place fit for you but in Naija it is the opposite

I rest my case

Moscow? Aberdeen? Sakhalin? Oily. Yoru-Igbo grin. Lovely name/combo. Sounds like one of my friend before before. True talk shaa (about Russia)
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Arosa(m): 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2011
cuteness01:

well,,,,the issue of skinheads beating and killing foreigner has died down relatively,,,i ve once been attecked too,,but by thieves,,who wanted money,,and it was in a dark place around 1am,,,common,,such things also happen in naija,,,the racism here is more experienced @school,,@ workplaces,,,ib public transports,,,,,generally,,russia is a nice place to live,,,,IF,

grin grin grin grin Russia will never pay you for this promo. angry
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Outstrip(f): 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
Arosa:

grin grin grin grin Russia will never pay you for this promo. angry
rotflmao
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by talulah(f): 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

I rest my case

Aberdeen!!! I think Aberdeen is probably worse than Russian. Cold, rain, racist people all over,enough junkies and their funny accent. I don't even think it is English they are speak most of the time.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by claremont(m): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2011
talulah:

Aberdeen!!! I think Aberdeen is probably worse than Russian. Cold, rain, racist people all over,enough junkies and their funny accent. I don't even think it is English they are speak most of the time.
^^^^
Totally wrong view of the average Scotsman! In my opinion, the Scots and the Irish are among the nicest people in the world to foreigners, I have even found them much more nicer than the English. How someone would say Scots are "cold and racist" beggars belief, certainly not the Scotland I know!
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Delle(m): 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2011
I'll never advice my enemy to go to Russia.

That place sucks.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2011
mithel:

Its very funny the way people that have never near eastern europe talkless of russia,r just yarnin dust and a lot of 'i hear say'.

Its funny how you are all shouting racism when you are still going to go to the tribalism section to do what you love best.the way you are all talking,one wud think once a russian sees you,you are dead.nawa o

abi no be d same 9ja,where ppl die over frivolous tins,where even eatin cow meat but get u mistakened as a cannibal,where there is a risk of boarding a one chance bus,risk of gbomo gbomo,ritual killings and even bomb blasts in the north.abegi lets hear word jare.

@d guy askin numba of drunk ppl,dem plenty o,but do u blame dem wen dey produce a lot of vodka plus d cold weather.
I would rather be in Somalia than be in Russia because I can't stand racism. The Russian govt. knows that their society is full of racists. I saw where Medvedev commented on how they are fighting racism during a session on Sochi 2014.

Many professional footballers have complained about the rate of racism in Russia. I'm surprised the way you are defending the country here. The world is a global village and no longer easy to deceive somebody.

They need to fight racism in Russian. Racism is worse than tribalism, no comparison!
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by AlabaSlim: 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2011
OP=Eto'o
so ask osaz or martinz(rich guyz o hw much u jus startin lyf)
abeg run o(4rm enitin Eastan Urope)Xcept u wan 2 b d nex corpse dat ill float dier riva
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Gbenge77(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2011
Because many reports of racism emanate from Russia,the answer to your question is No.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by osa332003(m): 5:54am On Aug 12, 2011
am based in russian where i schooled and later became a citizen,travelled with their passport several tiesinto western europe with no harrassment asthe case will be with a 9ja pale,i saw what the egyptian immigration did with those with the 9ja pale during one of my trips on a 15 hrs transit through egypt to 9ja,they wrer all refused entry into egypt and waited 15 hrs before they boarded the next day i was put in a hotel ,the same right they had.can u imagin a situation where i was travelling with my wife and kid on a 9ja pale they would have been put in a hotel and me sleep at theairport ,racism is every where,economically u put ur brainstogather RUSSIA is one of the richest country in the world ,is there any country in the world that pays to her citizen for the birth of the 2nd child fromthesame parentsmore than $10,000 not in cash a certificate u can use as down payment for a house,buy materials for renovation for a child educational support etc apart from rich GULF states,my guys in italy,spain are home NO JOBS,the nigerian girls have relocatedto russia thecash is HERE,am SATISFIED PERIOD

1 Like

Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2011
@osa, how long did it take you to become a russian cítizen and did you learn their language to get it?
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2011
@Osa332003
It's good for you. Average black people I have seen complain of racism about Russia. If you are discriminated against your skin on daily bases in School, train,etc what is actually good about the things that make it a good country? Russia we know it to be is poor when it comes to providing social amenities. Russians are among the poorest in the developed world. The money is in the hands of few criminal billionaires. The oil and gas make them one of the richest billionaires, not the ordinary citizens as you are alluding to here. We are talking about racism in Russia you are telling us about how you travelled with their passport.

Anyway, you can't deny the fact that Russia is a racist country and one of the worst in the world!
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by talulah(f): 11:52am On Aug 12, 2011
@Osa332003

What type of job can you get in Russia after spending all all those years in School and learning their language. Factory work? unless you are in the medical industry. A black man [/b]with a Russian wife and Russian passport is still a [b]black man regardless of where you go. So, you cannot still deny the fact that Russia is a Racist country.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by osa332003(m): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
thanks to every one who logged in to say their mind about living in russia,thanks and GOD bless ,its up to u to make ur choice where u will really want to leave as far as u are able to achieve the goals u set out,

1 Like

Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by KarinaK(f): 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2011
I'm Russian and I live in Russia. Russia is not a racist state. Most of the Russians indifferent with respect to the blacks. They are not thinking about Africans. People who beating or try to kill blacks are active MINORITY.
Many Africans and half-Africans have become famous people in Russia. Half-black people sang in pop music groups Premyer Ministr and Slivki. Black immigrant Пьер Нарцисс have become famous singer in 2000s. Yelena Hanga and Anton Zaitsev have become famous people on federal TV. In Russian national basketball team played few half-blacks and citizens by naturalization.
In some African countries ( Liberia, Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone) whites are the second class people by law. In Russia racial discrimination is prohibited by law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

United Nigeria Airline Lagos-Abuja Flight Lands In Asaba / Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Lagos Govt Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba, Ojuelegba, Mushin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.