Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Share Your Job Hunting Experience! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Job Hunting Experience! (13188 Views)

My Bitter Job Hunting Experience Yesterday. / Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Dogshow(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2022
A school of thought has it that, the best of man is still man, which I held onto very firmly. But when it comes to the issue of getting employed, it is always dicey and/or perhaps, through some funny tales. To many others, it might be how someone influenced their indecision, while to some, it might be through fliers, social media, recommendation or what have you. I've heard instances of how the personality a young man greeted so warmly prior gaining accsss to the admin office, facilitated hs employment, as unknowingly, the person happens to one of the executive members. However, it's different strokes for different folks.

I would like to hear from fellow nairalanders.

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2022
Share your own first so we know u av been in the same shoes

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by slawomir: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Real niggarrrrs don't job hunt

We keyboard

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by vincentjk(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2022
Vote Peter Obi

Vote labour Party

Vote good governance.

Vision 2023

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Authoreety: 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
I shoot am e run!

I leave am go house

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by mbahdi(m): 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
Untill u know say skull na scam u no go av rest
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Hanibbal(m): 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Real niggarrrrs don't job hunt

You hunt for clients grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by KvnqSolow: 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
Omoh! Just started mehn
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by plsdisvirginme: 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
Get me fg slot and get 500k

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by iLegendd(m): 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
None

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Nwaotu10(m): 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
Hasn't been easy.. 6yrs plus now, no show!

18 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by HitlerGaddafi: 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
Those gatemen go use you shine.

If they Don see job seekers, dem dey always lick lips.

There are jobs in this country most especially the federal civil service but it's about who you know.

Just go start a business. Nigeria wasn't created for you and it can never be for you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Josephfabo: 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
Make I book space for fp
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by inoki247: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by mosho2good: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Since last year's I've been searching for job and up till now I've not seen a lucrative job to start, I'm currently working in a private school and the pay is nothing to think about, and during the Covid 19, the school refuse to give us a damn money so since then I've been hunting for a job and also running my program in Noun, plz if u can assist me with a job I'm using this opportunity to beg, kindly assist me.
My location is in Lagos Island.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by thoollz: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
plsdisvirginme:

U go Tey for where you dey, 2020 sef dem no collect 800k for slot, na 500k u dey offer.

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Robisky001(m): 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
I was on my own viewing LinkedIn stories and hopping from Twitter to Quora when am HR sent me a connect request via Linkedin. I normally, don't accept all these connect requests but my innermost part prompted me to do so. She proceeded by thanking me and then..... cheesy grin cheesy brb

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by lilbarracuda(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
Okay.

Let's the story start pouring out already na
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Juicethekid: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
Nairaland literature section no dey too favour writers, upwork headache come dey multiply problems..

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by gameboy727(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
Just started. Not looking funny at all.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by airsaylongcome: 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2022
mbahdi:
Untill u know say skull na scam u no go av rest

You mean the human skull is a scam? Like it's fake

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Klass99(f): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2022

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by DenreleDave(m): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2022
sad sad sad sad
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2022
i have stop that shit jare since when i understand i studied a wrong course. pls who will reason me 1k i wake up broke today

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Zanzibar1: 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
plsdisvirginme:

Bro if I were you, I'll pump that 500k into PIPES for modern home construction , there are 3 types of plumbing pipes more commonly used than any others.
They are copper, PVC and PEX pipes

You see those PVC and PEX pipes will fetch you twice that 500k in a short while .

If I see 500k like this, naa to go setup business I can hand over to my kids. Better to create a job for yourself than walk the whole of Lagos and Ogun looking for work o embarassed

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Diligent1(f): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2022
It is not easy, the best thing to do now is to start a business. I have gathered enough experience if Tinubu can help me as a form of empowerment, I will really appreciate it.
The work I have been doing hardly cover feeding and transport.

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by id4sho(m): 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by BATified2023: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
vincentjk:
Vote Peter Obi

Vote labour Party

Vote good governance.

Vision 2023

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Bruno531(m): 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
I don search tire. Abeg anyone fit help me with any kind of job. I'm staying in PH and here is my number 08117547742

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Princeadebayo11(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2022

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Abdul4trust1(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2022
Modified! I graduated in 2014 from One of the top polytechnic in Nigeria. I was called up for National youths assignment in Rivers state in October, 2015. I knew there are a lot of companies in the state so, I was very happy.
I had plan to secure a job for myself immediately after my youths service but then, I needed to further my education but being a higher National Diploma holder I know I have to do PGD before MSc.
Because I have to do PGD before MSc, I decided to go for a professional course (ICAN).

I had a financial constraint to pursue the dream of becoming a Chartered accountant.
I went to one ICAN tuition centre in Port Harcourt city for ICAN registration and they asked me if I was going to be attending classes with them and I have a negative response because of the fee which was beyond my capability.
So I was rejected.
Thank to my NYSC connect friend, Jide who contacted someone for me in Ilori Kwara State for the registration and it was successful.

I started sending out Cv so that I can secure a job before my POP to enable pursue my professional dream.

There was no way. A month before my POP, I wrote not less than 50 unsolicited applications addressed to top major companies in port Harcourt.

On a particular day, I sent out for trans-amadi, Port Harcourt from Ahoada area in Rivers state to deliver those unsolicited applications.
I told my room mates and they jokingly laugh at me. I embark on the journey and behold it was an unsuccessful one.

After youths service I applied as a teacher in a private school and was employed while still studying for ICAN, (self studies). After a year with school, I was call up for ntax of the npower. At this junction, the ICAN financial burden was reduced.

A Year after, I saw a job vacacy in hospitality industry for a chartered accountant (remember, I'm now a chartered accountant) and I applied.
I was call for test and after test the interview and I was employed and presently work here but I have had a lot of job recommendations and offers which I have rejected some I regret not accepting them .

But I thank God for today as I'm presently planning my relocation to another state by Allah's will.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Tokskob2008: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
I don waka tire and my legs are starting to give very bad reactions.

Baker Hughes Job Recruitment / Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? / What Happened To Npower Creative And Npower Build?