Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Share Your Job Hunting Experience! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Job Hunting Experience! (13198 Views)

My Bitter Job Hunting Experience Yesterday. / Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by 4lorunsho(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Who wants to learn video editing ?

Terms and condition applys

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Zanzibar1: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
What we lack is ideas and funding.
Although, some have bright ideas but the economic atmosphere isn't encouraging
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Eberex(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
Mine started when I received a call from my friend who was a classmate in the university. I squatted him at some point when he had accommodation problem.

After graduation I kept body and soul as a teacher for almost two years, until that call.
He was a site engineer and the company needed two engineers.

That was how my journey started. That singular act has taken me far into the world of building industry.

It's good to be good.

18 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by parkervero(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
Null
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by ugbanante: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
I sure know that the eduction in Nigeria is structured for labour market. the labour market is saturated and corrupt. Create your own job and pray to God to multiply ur effort so u can get a real deal. stop running around for job shocked

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Marcus96: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Real niggarrrrs don't job hunt

We keyboard

Smh
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Sammy07: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
Tokskob2008:
I don waka tire and my legs are starting to give very bad reactions.

Lols.
May you not meet GNLD Aka Neolife people o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Myzubby(m): 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
To every one looking for a job may this year favour you .In JESUS NAME Amen

I got none to share by the way .

Truth is Nigerians are going through alot , but for every job seeker and under graduate out there here are few tips I would love to share ,
Build relationships with the right people
Develop strategic connections with your friends and close relatives and be close to them , people go out and meet opportunities and sometimes this opportunitues are not for them and if they are willing they will connect people that they know to such opportunities.

Succeeding in life doesn't depend only on your efforts alone , you must know that to live in life you must be relational , keep in touch with people associate with them don't have the mndest that "no one cares " truly some cares And you must believe this . As it gets tough you need the help of men to scale life hurdles like someone commented above that it depends on connection truly you need to be connected.

Secondly, join associations and groups maybe church and clubs where you can meet people of different class because most of these CEOs belong to a club, a church and associations . When you join any of these associations offer free services especially when they have events for example in a church where they do have programs you can participate in meaningful talk shows or any of the show that will help you market your skill or talent , you need that cheap publicity sometimes .

Visit places like the gym house ,golfclub some of these CEOs and men of affluence meet in such places , you must learn how to sell your self when in their presence . I just wanted to drop this few tips believing that it will help someone out there .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by ike007(m): 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
Have you just given up....and nothing interests you anymore...food self no dey sweet for mouth as taste no dey mouth again. No strength no happiness or don't see any light at the end of the tunnel...hope is remaining only 2% and dropping by the hour and death looks soothing?

That's the state i am right now....after getting rejected at the interview again because of my age.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by longifilis(m): 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Abba114:
i have stop that shit jare since when i understand i studied a wrong course. pls who will reason me 1k i wake up broke today
What did you read please?
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by AlphaStyles(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
PEOPLE DON WAKA TAYA

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by babtoundey(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
Still hunting. It's been six years already.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
longifilis:

What did you read please?
B.sc geography
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by xty50(f): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
4lorunsho:

me. What are the conditions
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by babtoundey(m): 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2022
4lorunsho:

I'm trying to locate one in Ibadan. I'm very interested in learning it.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by New007: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
4lorunsho:

asking for money shows you're not yet fully grounded in the art.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Robnectar(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
Myzubby:
To every one looking for a job may this year favour you .In JESUS NAME Amen

I got none to share by the way .

Truth is Nigerians are going through alot , but for every job seeker and under graduate out there here are few tips I would love to share ,
Build relationships with the right people
Develop strategic connections with your friends and close relatives and be close to them , people go out and meet opportunities and sometimes this opportunitues are not for them and if they are willing they will connect people that they know to such opportunities.

Succeeding in life doesn't depend only on your efforts alone , you must know that to live in life you must be relational , keep in touch with people associate with them don't have the mndest that "no one cares " truly some cares And you must believe this . As it gets tough you need the help of men to scale life hurdles like someone commented above that it depends on connection truly you need to be connected.

Secondly, join associations and groups maybe church and clubs where you can meet people of different class because most of these CEOs belongs to a club, a church and associations . When you join any of these associations offer free services especially when they have events for example in a church where they do have programs you can participate in meaningful talk shows or any of the show that will help you market your skill or talent , you need that cheap publicity sometimes .

Visit places like the gym house ,golfclub some of these CEOs and men of affluence meet in such places , you must learn how to sell your self when in their presence . I just wanted to drop this few tips believing that it will help someone out there .

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Iamyemmie: 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
Job hunting depends on your course of study
First you need to know the type of job you can do with your course
Then have a good cv not just for 1job

Like now I studied pharmacology
I have a 5cvs(Administrative Assistant ,community pharmacy,quality assurance officer,medical sales Representative and one other one sha
You just replace the experiences with just 1year experience
Created them with my Microsoft word

Then go to google search for each jobs in Lagos
Like Administrative Assistant jobs in Lagos
It will show you jobs and google jobs
Go to alerts then set it on
So anytime any admin job in Lagos is posted google will send an alert to your Email and you apply
Do the same for the other jobs you want too

I started job hunting in april
And I have gotten like 10jobs
Chose one of 80k
Dumped it for 120
Now I am on 185k per month
Might stay with this for a year before I move on

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by starbn(m): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2022
Only in Nigeria a graduate can not defend the profession he/she spent 4,5 or 6 years of study.
Most of them are searching for job in a company that is not their field.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Watinhapen(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Since I graduated, I have never applied for a job. I’m married, have a car, live in a 2 bedroom apartment and doing well for myself. I’m not into Yahoo or anything bad. I see some people saying they’re depressed and losing hope due to lack of jobs. If after applying for jobs for 6months and still no luck, try something else. There’re many opportunities online and offline. Don’t just sit down thinking about your life and getting depressed.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Juanmike(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Princeadebayo11:
I swear I don tired, if care is not taken maybe I too will try that Yahoo out. If you see the kind written test secondary school dey give me on top 30k Job. I want to try poultry out but no capital. I am tired, since July 7th we did our POP I have not gotten a job...
All my uncle that always assured me that I should go to school first, and everything will be okay, they've all abandoned me to my fate.
On Wednesday now I have another interview and written test in a school and I can't even read or concentrate
Am suffer the same fate, you will think you have people until after school you would know that you are on your..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Juanmike(m): 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
4lorunsho:

Me
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by toujurs: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2022
Klass99:
I hope this headache inducing, shorthand writing, I'm seeing is not what some of you use in professional communication during a job search.
over sabi, i am sure you are damn broke.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Make una help me find work o please
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Umunze1stSon(m): 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Eberex:
Mine started when I received a call from my friend who was a classmate in the university. I squatted him at some point when he had accommodation problem.

After graduation I kept body and soul as a teacher for almost two years, until that call.
He was a site engineer and the company needed two engineers.

That was how my journey started. That singular act has taken me far into the world of building industry.

It's good to be good.
Please can I send you a pm
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Ogbuji800(m): 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
Am a political scientist. I don't find job tire. Currently am into painting job. Any one that has painting job should contact me. 07036497723

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by MrLankeeee(m): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2022
Princeadebayo11:
I swear I don tired, if care is not taken maybe I too will try that Yahoo out. If you see the kind written test secondary school dey give me on top 30k Job. I want to try poultry out but no capital. I am tired, since July 7th we did our POP I have not gotten a job...
All my uncle that always assured me that I should go to school first, everything will be okay, they've all abandoned me to my fate.
On Wednesday now I have another interview and written test in a school and I can't even read or concentrate

I trusted my Uncles that was the biggest mistake I made.

Now I’m trading forex

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by cavreek: 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2022
I'm just grateful to God and to my legs that have been able to withstand the test of time
My consolation is that better days are coming
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Mogajunior(m): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Abba114:
i have stop that shit jare since when i understand i studied a wrong course. pls who will reason me 1k i wake up broke today
Before I counsel you, what did you study in school?
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by kolarov93(m): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
ike007:
Have you just given up....and nothing interests you anymore...food self no dey sweet for mouth as taste no dey mouth again. No strength no happiness or don't see any light at the end of the tunnel...hope is remaining only 2% and dropping by the hour and death looks soothing?

That's the state i am right now....after getting rejected at the interview again because of my age.

Stay strong bro
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by Threesha(f): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
There is an opening for a receptionist
Bsc/HND
Mophilink@gmail.com
Location is Island
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience! by remsonik(f): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
It's not been easy, still searching for a job. I just hope I get it soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? / What Happened To Npower Creative And Npower Build? / How True Is NYE (nigeria Youth Empowerment) .....[pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.