Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,742 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man (3888 Views)

MEN!! This Is Why You Should STOP Taking Women On DATES!! (Photo) / MEN!! If You Still Take Women On "Dates" Today, You Are An IDI0T!! (Photo) / Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2022
I have this friend who called me today telling me that he's done with dating. He just got a graduate trainee role at GT and he said going out on dates and getting to know women et al aren't looking funny on his finances that he's just gonna go visit prostitutes whenever he has the urge and since he's so busy at work or with work he's only gonna be able to go maybe once a week or once in two weeks and this got me thinking does it make sense to date as a Nigerian man?

Let's say you earn 150k a month. A typical outing in Lagos could set you back by at least 10k and that's just to meet and know each other and hang out. Now imagine doing that 3 times a week. These frivolous outings that guarantee nothing to you could pretty much be eating up all your salary if you aren't careful at all.

There are men that do get sex without spending or going on dates but these are like the top 1 percent of Nigerian men probably by looks or social status considering that the vast majority of Nigerian men are ugly (I inclusive) does dating make sense for a Nigerian man? Datings are just one part of it the extreme energy and time it takes to keep up a relationship is also something else entirely.

18 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Magnoliaa(f): 11:30am On Aug 30, 2022
He said he is ugly. grin grin That's...

Wo, lemme just keep quiet and read comments. I no get energy to contribute anything.

6 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Karleb(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2022
If that's you on your Twitter dp, then you are not ugly man.
Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2022
Somebody when nor well won date... fix ur mentality first

1 Like

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Magnoliaa(f): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2022
killmods:
Somebody when nor well won date... fix ur mentality first

Ok. This is one...

Karleb:
If that's you on your Twitter dp, then you are not ugly man.

Okay... you make me want to go and check it now.

undecided Wait, where did you get his username from?
Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Magnoliaa(f): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2022
Let's say you earn 150k a month. A typical outing in Lagos could set you back by at least 10k and that's just to meet and know each other and hang out. Now imagine doing that 3 times a week. These frivolous outings that guarantee nothing to you could pretty much be eating up all your salary if you aren't careful at all.

There's something quite wrong about the whole of this, but I can't exactly place it down.
Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2022
Why would he want to go on dates 3 times a week?

Is sex the only thing a relationship is made for that he would substitute a partner for a prostitute ?

With some things i read here i would say Dating a Nigerian man does not make sense to start with.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Magnoliaa(f): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2022
Persephone1:
Why would he want to go on dates 3 times a week?

Is sex the only thing a relationship is made for that he would substitute a partner for a prostitute ?

With some things i read here i would say Dating a Nigerian does not make sense to start with.

You sha wan smash this table we're managing its one leg. Anyway, I am just here for the cruise, chaos and hunts. grin

3 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by RedpillAnalyst: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2022
Dating is a form of prostitution if you thoroughly think about it how we do it.

Dating was considered prostitution and it was a jailable offence to entertain woman you were not married to.

Like I wrote early on one of my old posts

Free sex under the pretense of relationship or dating is the most expensive.

The Return On Investment on dating right now on a sub 200K per month salary is bad.

As banker who is perceived to be 'okay" he will be expected to come solid on birthday gifts, valentine, surprises.

Hanging out cost money, but fools and normies think they are holier than prostitutes or people who pay for prostitutes because they have never paid money directly.

Advantages of Prostitutes:

They are honest and they let you know they are for your money.
Respect your time.
You get premium play for your pay.
They won't cheat on you. Their commitment expires after service delivery.

Disadvantages of Girlfriends:

They are for your money and resources, but will swear that love don't cost a thing.

They Nag.

They Feel entitled to your valuable time.

They still have side dudes and sneaky links.

98% of the time you will not even meet them a virgin.( Not too different from 100% of prostitute that aren't)

She will leave you when better opportunity presents itself.(Just like prostitute will kick you out when a better customer comes knocking)

Dating these modern girls It is half step better than dating a prostitute... Instead of owning and personalizing just lease and move on with your life.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Robertgreene1(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2022
Interesting....
Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2022
Magnoliaa:

You sha wan smash this table we're managing its one leg. Anyway, I am just here for the cruise, chaos and hunts. grin
I don't just understand the thought process of some guys these days. Its stupid to say the least, funny enough it is the other party that is always at fault.
Why would a grown ass man will want to meet up with random girls 3 times a week? He jobless reach that level? cheesy
Or think of substituting a partner with prostitutes?
That guy is one promiscuous dude who is trying to find some justification.

5 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Zabiboy: 11:56am On Aug 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Does dating make sense for a Nigerian man?
NO
Even if you want to "date", Dont date "down"(especially financially).
If you know, you know wink

2 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Rosaline5000: 11:59am On Aug 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
I have this friend who called me today telling me that he's done with dating. He just got a graduate trainee role at GT and he said going out on dates and getting to know women et al aren't looking funny on his finances that he's just gonna go visit prostitutes whenever he has the urge and since he's so busy at work or with work he's only gonna be able to go maybe once a week or once in two weeks and this got me thinking does it make sense to date as a Nigerian man?

There are men that do get sex without spending or going on dates but these are like the top 1 percent of Nigerian men probably by looks or social status considering that the vast majority of Nigerian men are ugly (I inclusive) does dating make sense for a Nigerian man? Datings are just one part of it the extreme energy and time it takes to keep up a relationship is also something else entirely.
Dating is more than Sex, and I usually feel most guys go for the flashy type of girls that's why they are always complaining about billings.
Once you date a responsible girl, she won't bother you that much for money, she must be working and doing something for herself and the guy can pay for the occasional dates not 10k per date o or just going to the beach to relax or somewhere they wont spend a lot.
Nowadays people see relationship like transactions where the guy brings the money and the woman brings the sex and they think they can just have sex with prostitution instead of been in a relationship but relationships is more than that, it's a companionship, a bond between a man and a woman to build a life together.
Anyway if you and you friend decides to stop chasing slay queens that dont work and depends on men and start finding responsible ladies around, you will be happy in relationship.
And another thing, you have to have something to offer and not been broke but expect to date, nobody likes suffering o

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Magnoliaa(f): 11:59am On Aug 30, 2022
Zabiboy:
NO

Lolxxxxxxxx. He should not date down now? Guys shouldn't date down?

4 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Zabiboy:

NO
He should date up grin grin , In a hypergamy society? grin grin grin

Dream on!

3 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Magnoliaa:

There's something quite wrong about the whole of this, but I can't exactly place it down.
He's the type that relies in his finances to get a girl to like him hence he's calculating his 150k might run out before she begins to fancy him. Then he will start shouting how one girl ate up his money when he's already built wrong. It's his mind that's all fûcked up

4 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by EmiDon11: 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nairaland and sex

1 Like

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Zabiboy: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Lolxxxxxxxx. He should not date down now? Guys shouldn't date down?
Yes.
Any guy who isn't in need of constant ego boost and can control his urges would know that dating down, especially in the poverty capital of the world (Nigeria) is modern day slavery.

i know you are a female and might not agree to this. so we can either have a cool debate without insults ( cos i'm also here to learn ) or this becomes my last reply.

2 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Gerrard59(m): 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
Zabiboy:

NO

Naturally, women date up as they're hypergamous. Wasn't OP blacklisted because he disguised as a teacher? The modern Nigerian woman strives to date up, and expectedly the man has to date down. Maybe as equals financially speaking, but one party will out-earn the other and in most cases, the man is that person.

9 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
Rosaline5000:

Dating is more than Sex, and I usually feel most guys go for the flashy type of girls that's why they are always complaining about billings.
Once you date a responsible girl, she won't bother you that much for money, she must be working and doing something for herself and the guy can pay for the occasional dates not 10k per date o or just going to the beach to relax or somewhere they wont spend a lot.
Nowadays people see relationship like transactions where the guy brings the money and the woman brings the sex and they think they can just have sex with prostitution instead of been in a relationship but relationships is more than that, it's a companionship, a bond between a man and a woman to build a life together.
Anyway if you and you friend decides to stop chasing slay queens that dont work and depends on men and start finding responsible ladies around, you will be happy in relationship.
And another thing, you have to have something to offer and not been broke but expect to date, nobody likes suffering o

Is it really? What else can the average woman give except this and don't call companionship cause there are way more boring women out there that you dont even want their company.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Gerrard59(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
Rosaline5000:

Well, most times, first dates don't happen at the beach. Also, if the lady is someone you intend being with in a relationship, the dates become more than once. Sometimes thrice or four times before she accepts.

Furthermore, relationships are largely transactional time immemorial, that's the Gospel truth. If we're to go by your last statement, that makes it more obvious. The reality is that, Nigeria is Africa's poverty capital where young ladies desire their admirers or would-be lovers to take them out for dates as many times as possible. To most males, it's unrealistic and financially irresponsible considering they've sex at the back of their minds. Something they can pay a hooker and move on afterwards.

8 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Zabiboy: 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gerrard59:

The modern Nigerian woman strives to date up, and 1) expectedly the man has to date down. Maybe as equals financially speaking, 2) but one party will out-earn the other and in most cases, the man is that person.
1) I don't think its "expectedly". Nigerian men "Chose" to do so...
If i may ask, What's the benefit of dating down? Or in other words, whats the disadvantage of dating up as a guy?
2) ofc the amount most times wont be exactly the same, in that case the difference shouldn't be up to 50%. 10% - 20% max for me smiley

3 Likes

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Rosaline5000: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Is it really? What else can the average woman give except this and don't call companionship cause there are way more boring women out there that you dont even want their company.
What does the average man have to offer and the answer will be money and that's why most women use you because you have no substance, even conversations skills is 0, that's why most women leave you for another guy who is richer

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2022
Rosaline5000:

What does the average man have to offer and the answer will be money and that's why most women use you because you have no substance, even conservation skills is 0, that's why most women leave you for another guy who is richer

If the money easy make am na grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Johnchrix(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Rosaline5000:

What does the average man have to offer and the answer will be money and that's why most women use you because you have no substance, even conservation skills is 0, that's why most women leave you for another guy who is richer
who be this one..

1 Like

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by siofra(f): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2022

So the saying is true.

men give/show love to have sex
Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Rosaline5000: 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

If the money easy make am na grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
And you just drive home my point, list things men can give women na.
I mean I can list them because i have met wonderful men but you can't tell me because you are dull with the mentality of "if I have money I will get women" with nothing else about you.
So you attracts your type, you bring only money to the table so you get girls who just want money and tomorrow when they leave you, you come online with your mantra "what does the average Nigeria girl have to offer"
Try to have class my dear, try to be learned, try to build yourself up not just depending on money alone, if you dont want to do this for your wife, try do am for you future children make them no get dumb man for a father

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Rosaline5000: 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Johnchrix:
who be this one..
Who be this one lol dumb guy answer the question and dont tell me "money"

1 Like

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Tegabadguy(m): 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
siofra:

So the saying is true.

men give/show love to have sex
com sex sex sex waiting happen.....Com rain dey fall undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
No,
Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by Magnoliaa(f): 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
Zabiboy:
Yes.
Any guy who isn't in need of constant ego boost and can control his urges would know that dating down, especially in the poverty capital of the world (Nigeria) is modern day slavery.

i know you are a female and might not agree to this. so we can either have a cool debate without insults ( cos i'm also here to learn ) or this becomes my last reply.

I am not here to argue with you. Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man by chariisGRACE(m): 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
grin

Relationship, in its entirety is a major scam in this present Nigeria.
Chris Brown saw this present Nigeria when he made These ho*s ain't loyal. They don't love anymore like they used to do.

Buhari's economic effect killed Late Mr. Love Nwantiti in 2019.

A Nigerian man, after working his ass out, would turn his eyes towards a Nigerian girl that will love, care and comfort him, but the girls have their own mission - personal gain.

No Nigerian girl loves you.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cameroon Girls With Their Good Bodies / Hw Will You Describe An Idle Relationship / Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.