Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise (33749 Views)

A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out / Fake Bama In The Market / Man Who Cries When He Sees Food Exposed By Twitter User (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by ppogba: 11:43am On Aug 31, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's not a poison, the manufacturer or marketer isn't confident enough to believe that his product can compete in the market. It took bigi cola time before it was accepted as a substitute for coca cola/Pepsi

It may not be a poison but it could be injurious to health.

You do not need anyone to tell you that an item especially one taken in as food if adulterated is injurious to health.

Do you know the items mixed together to arrive at what is being sold for you to conclude that it is not poisonous?
Do you know the environment where it was prepared and produced?

Please let us not justify crime and criminality.

WHAT IS NOT GOOD IS TOTALLY BAD. No middle point.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by WhatCanIsay(m): 11:46am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:
Twitter users ran to check theirs and it turns out that many people are currently consuming other brands thinking it is “Bama”.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

For reasons best known to these criminals, they mostly imitate the smallest size.

From observation, it seems that the sellers are those committing the fraud. They covered the original unknown products with fake Bama cover.

It's worth investigating...
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by neonly: 11:47am On Aug 31, 2022
Igbo boys on d lose

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Esthered: 11:47am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Because it is the fake jar. I am beginning to think I have bought this nonsense once. cheesy
Wow, I never thought of it as fake but rather I asked that it be preserved at room temperature instead and it doesn't change from the original state after opening.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Truth234(m): 11:48am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Because it is the fake jar. I am beginning to think I have bought this nonsense once. cheesy

The one I bought two weeks ago from Shoprite was in a glass Jar. The following day, it separated into oil and whatever substance was added to it.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2022
When honest money isn't nothing anymore

A COUNTRY THAT'S NOT WORKING ALWAYS HAVE HIGH CRIMINAL RATE

BLAME THE GOVERNMENT AND BAD POLICIES THEY INTRODUCE THAT'S NEVER WORKING

THE MORE PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING TO MAKE LESS TO NOTHING IN HONEST WAYS ON DAILY

THE MORE THEY WILL DEVICE EVIL AND DECEITFUL WAYS TO MAKE MORE

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:
A Twitter user @_ikwomma has taken to the bird app to raise an alarm, after buying a fake Bama mayonnaise.

SOURCE

Why do an average Nigerian find joy in being wicked? You have your imported brand why not sell it? Must you bent on destroying another image? I know something wasn't right anymore when I do normally feels like vomiting after consuming small amount. How I wish these evil people can be traced and dealt with

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by BeanmanX(m): 11:56am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:
Twitter users ran to check theirs and it turns out that many people are currently consuming other brands thinking it is “Bama”.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

For reasons best known to these criminals, they mostly imitate the smallest size.
Did u buy the fake one?,,,, sad
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by texannaija: 11:59am On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:

Hold on to God, darling, He will heal you.

grin grin
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by ElSudani: 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
Extremely dubious people. This is the reason why kidney disease is on the rise in Nigeria. People have no idea what they are eating.
Same folks who are doing this will blame the government for everything.

5 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by CanineOfJackal: 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

He has obviously given up on healing you.
I don't know the problem between the two of you but I know that you were his life saver during covid-19.

Make I keep quiet though I get reciepts

4 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by BeanmanX(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

May the soul of late Dora Akunyili continue to rest in peace.
Dat woman really did a great job back then and we will never forget it,,,may her soul continue to rest in peace...
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Sleekfingers: 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
izzou:
angry

Coca-Cola and Malt
Seasoning cubes
Toothpaste

People dey nack am well well. From Lagos Island to Balogun (Trade fair), fake yakpa

If you want to be assured you drank original coke or malt, buy the one in cans. It is expensive to adulterated can products

But you see anything in glass, pet or nylons? Wicked Nigerians are cashing out on a daily

I am telling you. Some people are just wicked. Do you know that, over 80-90% of beers, they sell in bars in Iponri are fake?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by franchasofficia: 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Nigerians deserve it, since they are so wicked they hate to support young businesses and startups. Everybody wants to patronise only known brands in Nigeria yet they will be carrying CVs up and down looking for job but refused to support young entrepreneurs and unknown brands, yeye citizens angry
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by ElSudani: 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sleekfingers:

I am telling you. Some are just wicked. Do you know that, over 80-90% of beers, they sell in bars in Iponri are fake?

And people wonder why so many people are coming down with kidney failure. Some people are extremely wicked.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by adecz: 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2022
Chinese may be mixing emulsion
paint with seasoning and vegetable
oil to sell to unsuspecting third world
African countries❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:

Save your lectures. The people repackaging the mayonnaise are not here.

They are here in naija

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by vivalavida(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

As usual, try to play the victim. Seems you have permanent memory loss or short term memory.

You quoted me first with this nonsense on my own thread and now you want to hide your hands and play the usual ad hominem - make this about me or whatever you wish I am going through. I have no hate for you. I just wish you can be smart enough to keep your bullshit away from me. Thank you.

Nne
It is not every Tom dick and foolhardy person you should give an audience. Allow iberiberism the onye ara to lead him down his destructive pathway.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by izzou(m): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sleekfingers:

I am telling you. Some people are just wicked. Do you know that, over 80-90% of beers, they sell in bars in Iponri are fake?

Our regulatory agencies are just useless and weak.

It's not like they don't know. There is enough data to know where fake products come from.

But you see corruption?

Infact, nothing will change if Tinubu, Atiku and Obi rule together as long as there's no way to checkmate corruption

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by brunobaba(m): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2022
Currentblog:
grin grin
Wahala for person wey dey use mayor of lagos oo.
Me wey water dey there,

I Go soak my NAO bread
With pure well water,

Asap.
Akure sombori spotted!
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Sleekfingers: 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
izzou:

Our regulatory agencies are just useless and weak.

It's not like they don't know. There is enough data to know where fake products come from.

But you see corruption?

Infact, nothing will change if Tinubu, Atiku and Obi rule together as long as there's no way to checkmate corruption

Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Firstcitizen: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:
An average Nigerian is naturally wicked.

Please let's not argue about this.

Very religious and wicked people cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Jsucre(m): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
Peter obi. We move
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
vivalavida:

Nne
It is not every Tom dick and foolhardy person you should give an audience. Allow iberiberism the onye ara to lead him down his destructive pathway.

Let that be my decision to make. You don’t know how many mentions I get daily from people like that. So, you don’t see me responding to one and assume I don’t have my reasons. Thank you.

CanineOfJackal:
I don't know the problem between the two of you but I know that you were his life saver during covid-19.

Make I keep quiet though I get reciepts

I wasn’t his life saver. Never been…

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sleekfingers:

this is another way nigerians are deceived on the regular. you will see Nigerians in bars and clubs putting away entire bottles of hennessey
etal

go to bar in obodo oyibo and say you want a full bottle of any hard liquor. dem go look at you well.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2022
Esthered:

Wow, I never thought of it as fake but rather I asked that it be preserved at room temperature instead and it doesn't change from the original state after opening.

Mine remains in the fridge and it doesn’t act magic. Maybe you should try peeling the paper label, let’s see what’s underneath.

WhatCanIsay:

From observation, it seems that the sellers are those committing the fraud. They covered the original unknown products with fake Bama cover.

It's worth investigating...

Yes, it is the sellers/wholesalers doing this. They buy other brands and wrap with Bama’s label.

Truth234:

The one I bought two weeks ago from Shoprite was in a glass Jar. The following day, it separated into oil and whatever substance was added to it.

Lol. Chemistry in action…
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Sterope(f): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
Mayonnaise can separate. One of the two main ingredients is oil, a lot of it. I don't think it has gone bad
Truth234:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
Truth234:

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by brosammy(m): 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
from top to bottom Nigerians are corrupt, why are they packaging one brand with another?
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sterope:
Mayonnaise can separate for some reason. One of the two main ingredient is oil. I don't think it has gone bad

You may be right

Q.: My jar of mayonnaise separated. It was refrigerated and we don’t use it often. What would cause that and is it still good to eat?

— M.T., Akron

A.: Your jar of mayonnaise likely has spent too much time in the coldest part of your refrigerator and probably got frozen at some point. This often happens when the jar gets pushed to the back of the refrigerator and forgotten. Freezing will cause mayonnaise to separate.
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
GloriousGbola:

If you have your receipts you can probably make trouble for them, especially as shoprite sells all these things at 20 to 50% above the rate in smaller places

He has to confirm first if it is fake first.

Truth234, try the litmus test of peeling the label. What size is it too? Seems the bigger sizes are glass jars and the smallest is plastic.
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

He has to confirm first if it is fake first.

Truth234, try the litmus test of peeling the label. What size is it too? Seems the bigger sizes are glass jars and the smallest is plastic.

I don delete the post. Seems mayonnaise seperates of you freeze or over cool it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Still Cheaper To Cook At Home Against Eating Out? / How Much Is A Kilo Of Turkey In Your Area / Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.