Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise (33741 Views)

A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out / Fake Bama In The Market / Man Who Cries When He Sees Food Exposed By Twitter User (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Trottle: 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
No no, you are getting me wrong.

I am not even about MIN stuffs per se, this following of crowd something is a useless Nigerian mentality, be it MIN or foreign made products.

I give you an example.

Back in the late 90s and early 2000s, Mercedes Benz VBoot, 190, C class, Volvo, Peugeots, Golf, even Opel Omega, Audi 80 were the craze of all car owners in Nigeria back then and it were as if no other car brands existed. The Camrys, Lexus, etc causing fever today were not in their picture. It was as if those brands were the only car brands in the world, until their crazy trend changed to some other brands.

Its not like that in most countries.

Today Nigerians have killed certain foreign car brands for no reason other than they are not the trend right now not that they are not good enough like you think its about quality or performance.

Nigerians have very closed mind towards young brands, be it made in Nigeria or foreign made, so long as the brand is not trending in Nigeria, nothing for you and this is the singular reason we have counterfeit or faking of popular brands as a big problem in Nigeria.

I tell you other countries give room to new brands.

It seems you haven't marketed a new product brand, foreign made to Nigerians before.

There was a time Nigerians outrightly rejected Howo Sinotruck trucks no matter your preaching to them until millions were spent pushing it until Aliko Dangote started patronizing it then Nigerians began to consider Howo Sinotruck trucks.

Now the same people producing Howo dump trucks are producing Shacman, and even Faw trucks but your countrymen will never agree to buy any other name thats not Howo despite the fact that all of them carry same weichai engine, same axle, same buckets, etc, now guess the outcome?

They have made Howo truck to become foolishly out of reach whereas Howo dump trucks are the same price with these other Chinese trucks in China and in other foreign markets.

Nigeria have a very big societal abi national problem holding the nation down but you may not understand it anyway

Well on point. This is very true, and partly why startup mortality is higher in Nigeria than other part of the world.

As a budding entrepreneur and one who has worked in the FMCG industry, I see this happening often and often. If you want to introduce a new indigenous product and get distributors, no matter how of superior quality it is, you will seriously struggle and might give up out of frustration, except you are rugged and have few loyal people who believe in your product.

Many brands are now dead due to this factor.

As a matter of fact, that was what led some of our shoe producers in Aba and other parts of the country out of frustration to start emblazoning made-in-China, Turkey, Italy to gain some patronage. Strangely, they start getting serious patronage.

We understand that some upcoming brands might not get it 100% right from the get go, but as time goes on, they'll improve tremendously. And this is one of the price we have to pay if we want to break the monopoly, get qualitative prices and build indigenous brands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by franchasofficia: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
Trottle:

Well on point. This is very true, and partly why startup mortality is higher in Nigeria than other part of the world.

As a budding entrepreneur and one who has worked in the FMCG industry, I see this happening often and often. If you want to introduce a new indigenous product and get distributors, no matter how of superior quality it is, you will seriously struggle and might give up out of frustration, except you are rugged and have few loyal people who believe in your product.

As a matter of fact, that was what led some of our shoe producers in Aba and other parts of the country out of frustration to start emblazoning made-in-China, Turkey, Italy to gain some patronage. Strangely, they start getting serious patronage.

We understand that some upcoming brands might not get it 100% right from the get go, but as time goes on, they'll improve tremendously. And this is one of the price we have to pay if we want to break the monopoly, get qualitative prices and build indigenous brands.
That is the simple truth, but unfortunately Nigerians aren't ready to pay such price to help their country grow.

We are close minded people, we only patronize and follow whatever the crowd is following, we don't give new brands or products or businesses or services a chance to grow, we kill them with our big brand or popular trend following mentality thereby killing the younger brands and businesses
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by brunobaba(m): 11:36pm On Aug 31, 2022
Currentblog:

Wow,
Nice meeting u,
Where do u live.
I stay in Zion Estate, along FUTA north gate.
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by cococandy(f): 2:36am On Sep 01, 2022
If they sold it cheaper they’ would have been discovered a long time ago cheesy

They are smart: smart but insecure criminals.

pocohantas:

Some said they purged terribly and couldn’t quite place it.

They don’t even sell it cheaper. It is sold at the same price as Bama. Premium nonsense. cheesy
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by holatin(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2022
CanineOfJackal:
I don't know the problem between the two of you but I know that you were his life saver during covid-19.

Make I keep quiet though I get reciepts
gist us jhoor. one or both of dem can either say it's true or not
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by tolexy007(m): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2022
Currentblog:
grin grin
Wahala for person wey dey use mayor of lagos oo.
Me wey water dey there,

I Go soak my[b] NAO bread[/b]
With pure well water,

Asap.

guess u are from akure grin
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Currentblog: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2022
tolexy007:

guess u are from akure grin
Yep, I live in oshokoti, Express road.
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by doggedfighter(f): 8:20am On Sep 16, 2022
pocohantas:
Twitter users ran to check theirs and it turns out that many people are currently consuming other brands thinking it is “Bama”.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

For reasons best known to these criminals, they mostly imitate the smallest size.

Pm, please

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2022
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by doggedfighter(f): 8:54am On Sep 16, 2022
pocohantas:
smiley smiley

A yes?

You know any trusted platform I can use ?
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 8:56am On Sep 16, 2022
doggedfighter:

A yes?

Lol. Yes…

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by doggedfighter(f): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. Yes…

cheesy
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by doggedfighter(f): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. Yes…

Seen?
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by doggedfighter(f): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
[quote author=pocohantas pos

Lol. Yes…[/quote]
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by liveyourlife007(m): 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
Currentblog:
grin grin
Wahala for person wey dey use mayor of lagos oo.
Me wey water dey there,

I Go soak my NAO bread
With pure well water,

Asap.
Na Akure you dey
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by doggedfighter(f): 1:05pm On May 16, 2023
Trottle:

We understand that some upcoming brands might not get it 100% right from the get go, but as time goes on, they'll improve tremendously. And[ this is one of the price we have to pay ]if we want to break the monopoly, get qualitative prices and build indigenous brands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video) / Hausa Food / How To Make Vegetable Gravy | A Healthy Alternative to stew (pictures and video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.