Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise (33702 Views)

A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out / Fake Bama In The Market / Man Who Cries When He Sees Food Exposed By Twitter User (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2022
A Twitter user @_ikwomma has taken to the bird app to raise an alarm, after buying a fake Bama mayonnaise.

So today I bought a fake Bama mayonnaise �. I knew something was off when I got it but I was in too much hurry to take a close look till I got home. They were some differences between this fake and the original Bama I’d want to share. A Thread….

1) The original comes in plastic, the other was in a bottle.
2)While the original has the stamp that says quality, the other doesn’t
3) Original Bama has its expiration date on the body, the fake has its expiration date on the cover
4)I knew something was definitely off when it wasn’t sealed.
5)The fake was also a lot thinner than the original Bama which was thick
6) The original had this table that had the nutritional facts of Bama, the fake didn’t.

SOURCE

My own observation;

1) Not all sizes come in plastic. Only the smallest size (8 FL. OZ.) comes in a plastic jar and plastic cover. The bigger sizes (16 and 32) comes in glass jars and plastic covers. If you take a look at the fakes, they have larger contents. Bama only comes in 8, 16, and 32 FL. OZ.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2022
Twitter users ran to check theirs and it turns out that many people are currently consuming other brands thinking it is “Bama”.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

For reasons best known to these criminals, they mostly imitate the smallest size.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Zonefree(m): 10:04am On Aug 31, 2022
An average Nigerian is naturally wicked.

Please let's not argue about this.

280 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by NJV: 10:04am On Aug 31, 2022
Sebi all na mayonnaise grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 10:06am On Aug 31, 2022
NJV:

Yes, they are all mayonnaise, but under what conditions are these other brands made? Some may not even have NAFDAC numbers.

It is totally unfair and inhumane to pass off other products as a market leader. Give people the choice to go for what they want. It is unfair to both the consumers and to Bama.

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Currentblog: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2022
grin grin
Wahala for person wey dey use mayor of lagos oo.
Me wey water dey there,

I Go soak my NAO bread
With pure well water,

Asap.

12 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Zonefree(m): 10:09am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Yes, they are all mayonnaise, but under what conditions are these other brands made? Some many not even have NAFDAC numbers.

It is totally unfair and inhumane to pass off other products as a market leader. Give people the choice to go for what they want. It is unfair to both the consumers and to Bama.
Save your lectures. The people repackaging the mayonnaise are not here.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 10:12am On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:

They don’t need to be here, but then, they can also be here. There is no one that isn’t on Nairaland. If Uduak Akpan, a convicted rapist, and murderer, was on Nairaland. Invictus Obi, was on Nairaland - what makes you think the people doing this are not here?

Okay, let’s forget about the perpetrators. What of control bodies? They are also not here?

You should know better than coming at me with your wanton st*********. It wouldn’t be tolerated. Thank you!

154 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:14am On Aug 31, 2022
This is disheartening! All in a bid to make money, you sell your low quality product using a bigger brand name.

Same thing they do for drugs. Making money not minding what the user will suffer.

38 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Zonefree(m): 10:16am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

They don’t need to be here, but then, they can also be here. There is no one that isn’t on Nairaland. If Uduak Akpan, a convicted rapist and murderer was on Nairaland. Invictus Obi, was on Nairaland - what makes you think the people doing this are not here?

Okay, let’s forget about the perpetrators. Why of control bodies? They are also not here?

You should know better than coming at me with your wanton st*********. It wouldn’t be tolerated. Thank you!
So, as st****** spokesperson, they'll now listen to you

Tag the control bodies and stop forming nonsense!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2022
NJV:

is all water water? the water from the stream, is it the same as the water from the well, the same was water from borehole, the same as treated water?

you may not even know that the coke and fanta made in nigeria are not allowed in the uk - someone imported fanta to the uk some years back for a party and the fanta was siezed and destroyed.

this is LITERALLY why people have falling over from kidney disease. i have seen videos of people mixing some of these things in bath tubs. i can guarantee you that there will be rats, cockroaches and who know whatever at the scene of the mixing

pocohantas:

Yes, they are all mayonnaise, but under what conditions are these other brands made? Some many not even have NAFDAC numbers.

the worst part of it is that because this is Nigeria, nothing will happen. a former colleague used to work in guiness. guiness reps met with Dora to ask what they could do about counterfeiting guiness products. her answer - all you can do is change you packaging every three to four years. and she is right. fake drug barons literally came this close to assassinating her [you will see the video, where she has the headgear the bullet passed through] and nothing happened.

imagine someone trying to assassinate the head of the FDA in the US.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 10:17am On Aug 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This is disheartening! All in a bid to make money, you sell your low quality product using a bigger brand name.

Same thing they do for drugs. Making money not minding what the user will suffer.

May the soul of late Dora Akunyili continue to rest in peace.

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 10:18am On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:

So, as st****** spokesperson, they'll now listen to you

Tag the control bodies and stop forming nonsense!

Zonebie or whatever your username is, please shut up.

49 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:18am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

May the soul of late Dora Akunyili continue to rest in peace.

I miss Dora Akunyili, she was too good for Nigeria.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 10:20am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

They don’t need to be here, but then, they can also be here. There is no one that isn’t on Nairaland. If Uduak Akpan, a convicted rapist and murderer was on Nairaland. Invictus Obi, was on Nairaland - what makes you think the people doing this are not here?

Okay, let’s forget about the perpetrators. What of control bodies? They are also not here?

we are yet to build institutions. just like EFCC, once Dora left NAFDAC- they are nothing more than a rubber stamp.

the only time we heard from them was something etween them and chocolate royale - and that really just came off to me as the usual story for the laymen.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by izzou(m): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2022
angry

Coca-Cola and Malt
Seasoning cubes
Toothpaste

People dey nack am well well. From Lagos Island to Balogun (Trade fair), fake yakpa

If you want to be assured you drank original coke or malt, buy the one in cans. It is expensive to adulterated can products

But you see anything in glass, pet or nylons? Wicked Nigerians are cashing out on a daily

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by doggedfighter(f): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2022
With the way even the taste and quality of the

original Bama has reduced, I wonder what these inferior ones will taste like.

16 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 10:37am On Aug 31, 2022
doggedfighter:
With the way even the taste and quality of the

original Bama has reduced, I wonder what these inferior ones will taste like.

Someone on Twitter said it tasted like body cream. Hahahaahhahaha

11 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Zonefree(m): 10:43am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Zonebie or whatever your username is, please shut up.
Pocohantas, what's your problem gan gan? You're always in the habit of exhibiting your unnecessary hate anytime you sees my moniker. I'm not the cause of what you're going through or what you've been through. I'm just a honey boy living my champagne lifestyle on a beer budget.

Peace and love, darling.

8 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:

Pocohantas, what's your problem gan gan? You're always in the habit of exhibiting your unnecessary hate anytime you sees my moniker. I'm not the cause of what you're going through or what you've been through. I'm just a honey boy living my champagne lifestyle on a beer budget. Peace and love, darling.

As usual, try to play the victim. Seems you have permanent memory loss or short term memory.

Zonefree:

You quoted me first with this nonsense on my own thread and now you want to hide your hands and play the usual ad hominem - make this about me or whatever you wish I am going through. I have no hate for you. I just wish you can be smart enough to keep your bullshit away from me. Thank you.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Zonefree(m): 10:55am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

As usual, try to play the victim. Seems you have permanent memory loss or short term memory.

You quoted me first with this nonsense on my own thread and now you want to hide your hands and play the usual ad hominem - make this about me or whatever you wish I am going through. I have no hate for you. I just wish you can be smart enough to keep your bullshit away from me. Thank you.
My initial post was harmless. Learn to read and digest my posts with clean heart. Cast your burden on the Lord before you reply my posts, Poco.

@bolded. Nairaland is a public forum created by Osewa. You're not the owner or co-owner. You got no right reserved for any thread.

Shalom.

16 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 10:57am On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:

My initial post was harmless. Learn to read and digest my posts with clean heart. Cast your burden on the Lord before you reply my posts, Poco.

@bolded. Nairaland is a public forum created by Osewa. You're not the owner or co-owner. You got no right reserved for any thread.

Shalom.

Oh please shut up. Since you know this about Nairaland, why then is it strange to you that I was having that conversation?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Zonefree(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Oh please shut up. Since you know this about Nairaland, why then is it strange to you that I was having that conversation?
Hold on to God, darling, He will heal you.

9 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:

Hold on to God, darling, He will heal you.

He has obviously given up on healing you.

45 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by doggedfighter(f): 11:09am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Someone on Twitter said it tasted like body cream. Hahahaahhahaha

Gosh, I am just imagining body cream on my salad now and to be very honest I have goosebumps.

Adulteration of goods was bad before but now it's on another level.

You pay higher and yet get rubbish at the end.

Health risk everywhere ! cry

8 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Olam09(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2022
Lol... enu were ti ma baje!
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Orire01(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2022
Omo this scam have been going on since last year sef.

My siggy

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Boogyman557: 11:11am On Aug 31, 2022
Holly Gram cool Since wey una don de take am, una don die..

Na Naija be dis.. nothing wey no get fake.. even iPhone 25 don already ENTER ikeja computer VILLAGE..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Grace045(f): 11:11am On Aug 31, 2022
Everything is now fake

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Zonefree(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

He has obviously given up on healing you.
Same God you claimed does not exist? The joke is on you.

8 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by 1gbdata: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2022
naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Still Cheaper To Cook At Home Against Eating Out? / 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum / How I Made Agege French Toast After Thinking Of What To Eat For Hours on end

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.