Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise (33727 Views)

A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out / Fake Bama In The Market / Man Who Cries When He Sees Food Exposed By Twitter User (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
This is bad news, cry my precious Bama cry Not when i can't take any other brand of mayonnaise except Bama cry cry

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Currentblog: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
brunobaba:
Akure sombori spotted!
Bro, how do u no am from Akure.
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by streetsoldier1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:
An average Nigerian is naturally wicked.

Please let's not argue about this.

You are wrong!!! An average igbo trader is despeately evil and can do anything for money especially endangering the lives of others. Thatz why their biz don't thrive in a sane society and they resort to crime. When they are successful in the crime they rub it on others claiming they are rich..... awon flatini
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by dogmart(m): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's not a poison, the manufacturer or marketer isn't confident enough to believe that his product can compete in the market. It took bigi cola time before it was accepted as a substitute for coca cola/Pepsi

Am sure the manufacturer has little to no hand in this. Na Nigeria marketers dey pull the stunt.
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by brunobaba(m): 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
Currentblog:

Bro, how do u no am from
Akure.
NAO bread nah....LOL
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by FILEBE(m): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

They don’t need to be here, but then, they can also be here. There is no one that isn’t on Nairaland. If Uduak Akpan, a convicted rapist, and murderer, was on Nairaland. Invictus Obi, was on Nairaland - what makes you think the people doing this are not here?

Okay, let’s forget about the perpetrators. What of control bodies? They are also not here?

You should know better than coming at me with your wanton st*********. It wouldn’t be tolerated. Thank you!

Uduak was on NL ? For real?
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
Nigerians deserve it, since they are so wicked they hate to support young businesses and startups. Everybody wants to patronise only known brands in Nigeria yet they will be carrying CVs up and down looking for job but refused to support young entrepreneurs and unknown brands, yeye citizens angry

Don’t support this, Franchas. Market leaders do a lot to stay on top their game, so they deserve all the brand loyalty they get!

Once upon a time it was Omo. Where is Omo today?

Ariel gave Omo a run for their money and even became the market leader at some point with Klin as the challenger. Where are both of them today? I am sure they still sell, but there is also a lot of space for Sunlight and Wax or whatever it is called.

If they sell good enough things, people would switch loyalty. A brand like Indomie is still the best in local noodles. I have tasted other brands and they are learning work. Soggy nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

If they sell good enough things, people would switch loyalty. A brand like Indomie is still the best in local noodles. I have tasted other brands and they are learning work. Soggy nonsense!

even will all the demarketing team dangote allegedly did [killer indomie or wetin call] to take over their market.

Once upon a time it was Omo. Where is Omo today?
omo that i used to use when i wanted to fade my jeans. thats how abrasive it was as a product. and it was because it had no competition. for over 20 years, it was the same blue granules

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by lorhema(f): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2022
joshuaidibia:
Avoid buying things from most roadside supermarket or stores. Even drinks, most especially drinks. Go to any ShopRite or Everyday supermarket near you or any legit Mart.

We bought the biggest bottle of BAMA mayonnaise from the biggest supermarket in our location and found it tasted off and was discoloured.

When we checked the label, we found that it was packaged by a company in Lagos! We returned it for a refund and will never buy the brand again.

I'd advise that people should read the label for information on the place of manufacture if they must buy BAMA mayonnaise.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2022
joshuaidibia:
Avoid buying things from most roadside supermarket or stores. Even drinks, most especially drinks. Go to any ShopRite or Everyday supermarket near you or any legit Mart.

so this is the thing

what i am made to understand is that they all [from road sellers to large stores] buy a lot of their imported stuff from people who bring them in containers

a month ago, there were these weird looking, small black grapes being sold around . i saw them in my regular supermarket and they tasted like shit. i then saw them with the woman i buy fruit from and i was tellingher her price was too high, this thing does not taste good. she said yes she knew, the person who brought it in FORCED everyone to buy. as in the other things you have come to buy, i will not sell if you dont buy these grapes as well.

this is why you can see a WIDE variance in prices of the same item if you are a person who checks different places.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Tegabadguy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:
A Twitter user @_ikwomma has taken to the bird app to raise an alarm, after buying a fake Bama mayonnaise.

SOURCE

grin grin grin grin grin grin igbo people at work again grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by eazyduzit: 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

As usual, try to play the victim. Seems you have permanent memory loss or short term memory.

You quoted me first with this nonsense on my own thread and now you want to hide your hands and play the usual ad hominem - make this about me or whatever you wish I am going through. I have no hate for you. I just wish you can be smart enough to keep your bullshit away from me. Thank you.

I like your wotowoto banter grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Coolgent(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:
A Twitter user @_ikwomma has taken to the bird app to raise an alarm, after buying a fake Bama mayonnaise.

SOURCE

I have encountered this issue on 2 different occasions

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Mars16(m): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

May the soul of late Dora Akunyili continue to rest in peace.
A leader indeed. Now fake products have flood the Nigerian market. Imagine I tasted salad mixed mayonnaise it tasted like I swallowed maclean closeup

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by pocohantas(f): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2022
Mars16:
A leader indeed. Now fake products have flood the Nigerian market. Imagine I tasted salad mixed mayonnaise it tasted like I swallowed maclean closeup

E be like say all of us done collect at one point o.

Coolgent:

I have encountered this issue on 2 occasions

Now you know better. Hopefully we don’t fall victim again.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Kobicove(m): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
Nothing wey person no go see for this kwantri! sad
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Elidrisy20: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
God safe you say,no be vesline Dem sell for you

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by kunleiky(m): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
jagorinho:
Most times I think we hide under religion most times for our collective gain, we are just "mere worshippers" in this country, both Muslims and christians. We all know those people notorious for this kind of stuffs, they are mostly christians!!!

Why practice a religion when you can't even uphold the basic principles of it? when it comes to christian / christian ticket, Muslim / Muslim tickets, babalawo/ Alfa ticket, your will see all these " mere worshippers" breaking the internet with noise as if they know anything about the religion they are fighting for. Nigeria is the headquarters of World hypocrisy.

You sound like you have something against christians. It's pathetic!
Fraud and adulteration are not limited to a religion bro. Get it clear

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Ykc2(m): 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2022
Is better I ate african salad when ever I visit Nigeria than risking my life by eating salad prepared with fake mayonnaise produced in one backyard factory in china
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by shortIGBOman: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2022
IGBO People grin

If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Timoleon(m): 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
She was a true hero!
gloryhomemaker:

I miss Dora Akunyili, she was too good for Nigeria.
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Cmanforall: 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2022
GloriousGbola:

is all water water? the water from the stream, is it the same as the water from the well, the same was water from borehole, the same as treated water?

you may not even know that the coke and fanta made in nigeria are not allowed in the uk - someone imported fanta to the uk some years back for a party and the fanta was siezed and destroyed.

this is LITERALLY why people have falling over from kidney disease. i have seen videos of people mixing some of these things in bath tubs. i can guarantee you that there will be rats, cockroaches and who know whatever at the scene of the mixing

the worst part of it is that because this is Nigeria, nothing will happen. a former colleague used to work in guiness. guiness reps met with Dora to ask what they could do about counterfeiting guiness products. her answer - all you can do is change you packaging every three to four years. and she is right. fake drug barons literally came this close to assassinating her [you will see the video, where she has the headgear the bullet passed through] and nothing happened.

imagine someone trying to assassinate the head of the FDA in the US.

At the bolded...

The fanta orange in Nigeria tastes totally different from the ones abroad, although Nigeria's vwrsion is sweeter wink .
The Fanta Orange abroad have some taste of Orange. The time I bought it, I was exploring that Nigerian Fanta taste, I was disappointed on tasting it.
But then, why the difference?
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
Cmanforall:

At the boldes

https://punchng.com/i-can-go-20-years-more-till-i-get-justice-adebo-man-who-sued-fanta-sprite/

https://lawpadi.com/case-analysis-fijabi-holdings-v-nigerian-bottling-company/

Facts

In 2007, a company called Fijabi Adebo Holdings Ltd (Fijabi) decided that they wanted to buy made in Nigeria Coca-Cola products and export them to the UK. They proceeded to buy large quantities of Coca-Cola, Fanta Orange, Fanta Lemon, Fanta Pineapple, Sprite, and Soda Water, and then exported them to the UK.

Upon arrival in the UK, the Fanta and Sprite drinks where destroyed by the UK authorities on the basis that after tests on the drinks, they discovered that the Benzonic acid and sunset yellow content exceeded the recommended level for safe human consumption.

Fijabi therefore sued the Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC) and the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC). He sued NBC for negligently selling the drinks which he alleged were unsafe for human consumption (based on the report of the UK authorities), and sued NAFDAC for not carrying out their regulatory duties properly and allowing NBC to sell drinks which he alleged were unsafe for human consumption.

NBC filed a response, arguing that the Benzoic acid in the drinks are well within the prescribed limit set by NAFDAC, and that there is no national limit set for sunset yellow. Therefore, they did not breach their duty of care to their customers, and NAFDAC had certified this to be the case.

NAFDAC on its part failed to file a response.

this story has been in the news on and off. we were roasting one of us that worked in coca cola over it

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Jabia(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
pocohantas:

May the soul of late Dora Akunyili continue to rest in peace.

And may her family continue to find favor with God and man for the good that she did

Amen!
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Omoluabiii(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2022
Welcome to nigeria my country.......
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Sablexxxtoons: 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2022
Thank your God say na still factory made mayo.. i think say na naija home made..

Me sef i learnt how to make mayonnaise when i was doing shawarma biz
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Omoluabiii(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
please check your tooth paste and the rest, you ll realise that the lord is good!
grin
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by GloriousGbola: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2022
joshuaidibia:

if Nigeria was a serious country, they would go after the importer of the products

ironically, this is not just limited to foodstuffs

all sorts of rebadged goods are brought in by the container load. if you are not aware or do not know what to look out for you buy them - and then you can get in trouble with your own clients/customers

2005 ish a vendor on a project got in trouble with mtn for installing airconditioners with undersized compressors. the very first conclusion was that the person ran the scam. but a year or so later, Panasonic actually issued a warning of fake/modified Panasonic Air-Conditioers in circulation.

i bought an hp printer and the power pack blew. took it to an HP center, and they first spent two days confirming it was an original product. apparently people somehow couple HP refurbished printers and sell. only way to tell is from HP themselves.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by samfrancis1(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
For Nigeria .. na today. Almost everything is fake., Bjt we’ll be out of it by Gods grace
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Chaos14: 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sablexxxtoons:
Thank your God say na still factory made mayo.. i think say na naija home made..

Me sef i learnt how to make mayonnaise when i was doing shawarma biz
From shawarma to hentai chai see life
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by Cmanforall: 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
GloriousGbola:

https://punchng.com/i-can-go-20-years-more-till-i-get-justice-adebo-man-who-sued-fanta-sprite/

https://lawpadi.com/case-analysis-fijabi-holdings-v-nigerian-bottling-company/

this story has been in the news on and off. we were roasting one of us that worked in coca cola over it
Check my comment again
I wasn't doubting
Re: Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise by labelle123(f): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
Currentblog:
grin grin Wahala for person wey dey use mayor of lagos oo. Me wey water dey there,
I Go soak my NAO bread With pure well water,
Asap.
. Hahahaha for this regime nothing like mayo oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video) / Hausa Food / How To Make Vegetable Gravy | A Healthy Alternative to stew (pictures and video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.