Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone (26511 Views)

Osondu Victor Igwilo: US Reacts To Arrest Of Fraudster On FBI Wanted List / Osondu Igwilo: EFCC Arrests Fraudster On FBI Watchlist Over $100m Fraud / Liberian Lady Almost Beaten To Death By Her Boyfriend (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by jomarick(m): 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
I have heard of the scam about 4yrs ago. They will send you airtime and someone will call you saying one baba mistakenly sent airtime he intended for someone to you and that you should send it back then the baba will pray for you. Things might happens when one listen to those incarnations called prayers.

Few months after I have heard of the scam, someone called me speaking yoruba saying his father wanted to send someone airtel then mistakenly sent to me that I shouldn't load it and that his baba wants to pray for me. Immediately I started shouting and insulting the caller he didn't wait for me to finish with my insulting before he hung up, when I checked no airtime was sent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Truthdeypain: 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
NuCypher:
Nigerians are about the dumbest set of people on the planet. It’s just so painful to watch a population descend into the throes of ignorance, delusion, and disaster. Do these people even know what they are talking about? Like seriously? Someone called you and somehow you lose your Voice and the next thing is to attribute it to some spiritual force? These people need some reeducation.

Their ignorance is bliss compared to yours, in your attempt to sound so cool, educated and refined. You sound really foolish, because for a fact stuff like this ain't new in our society, they happen daily! So you mean you haven't come across tales of peeps being hypnotized from the phone.

There are rules and principles in the spirit world, there are certain incantations and spells that these niggas, that's if you let them finish casting, tales effect immediately, it may sound unbelievable bit it is very true and can be very effective as well, though the effects may vary depending on the realm of your own spirit as a person and where you belong. As Omo ile wey i be I have personal experiences and third party experiences as well, Empirical facts! Don't think that people just sit up and make a thousand calls a day for nothing , common you can't be that stupid. People fall prey at the end of the day.

All man to his own sha. I pray say you go jam one day sha. Your English go change by then..

4 Likes

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Emaprince: 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
Oh oh oh....I just remembered I received this type of call some time this year. I never reckoned it could be scammers. Already, I have grown to a point where I can NEVER take anything that doesn't belong to me.

On that faithful day..a strange number called me..telling me that he mistakenly sent two recharge cards to my number. That it was meant for his father. He pleaded with me to not load it. I said ok, I won't touch it..but I didn't notice anything like that though. Then I dropped the call and checked my msgs. I didn't see anything. Next min he called back..telling me to not use that card o. I became angry and blasted him on the phone..asking him why he would want to stress me with an audio card which he never sent. Abi he dey look for who to accuse of using his card? I just cut the call. The stupid card numbers dropped. I looked at it and pocketed my phone back. He later started calling again..I didn't pick. Then later decided to so I can warn him seriously. It turned out that he wanted to appreciate me..telling me that his father have finally loaded it. I said OK and cut my call. I am really saucy and snubby towards strange people on the phone. Be it man or woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by AmadorSays: 12:09am On Sep 01, 2022
Omoh, things dey happen o
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by slimfairboy(m): 12:24am On Sep 01, 2022
grin
Lol! I have received calls like this twice. I even listened and answered numerous amen to all their prayers till the end. I'm still here typing �

2 Likes

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Richy4(m): 12:33am On Sep 01, 2022
NuCypher:
Nigerians are about the dumbest set of people on the planet. It’s just so painful to watch a population descend into the throes of ignorance, delusion, and disaster. Do these people even know what they are talking about? Like seriously? Someone called you and somehow you lose your Voice and the next thing is to attribute it to some spiritual force? These people need some reeducation.
grin grin cheesy smiley embarassed grin
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by omonighoblessing(f): 12:35am On Sep 01, 2022
awodijiie:

Get this amazing zealottt speaker with amazing bass, long hours of playtime, 60w capacity, sleek aesthetics.

Best Zealottt Speaker of the Year

One year warranty

Call or whatsapp

Pay on delivery Nationwide

How much

1 Like

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Federalis: 12:35am On Sep 01, 2022
Same old story
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by 3seriez(m): 1:44am On Sep 01, 2022
BigYash:
And some go say African magic no dey exist undecided

On DSTV ba

1 Like

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by mediclife1987(m): 1:48am On Sep 01, 2022
litaninja:
Scammer no dey ever call Otedola and co. Na only una wey dey ikorodu sha.

Hmm, this one wey you dey mention Ikorodu and I dey go find work for there so?
I wan even settle for there for the next 1year.
Shey I no dey do myself so?

1 Like

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Lusheyi(m): 2:21am On Sep 01, 2022
It happened to a learned colleague, he don drop some money for the baba before he was able to talk about it. Na then we con help am restore him brain factory settings...

allen113:
If this is true everybody for 9ja for dn die finish
No come here dey give us lamba abeg
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Lusheyi(m): 2:26am On Sep 01, 2022
E dey Gotv and DStv o
BigYash:
And some go say African magic no dey exist undecided

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Jackanda1(m): 2:43am On Sep 01, 2022
Elidrisy20:
Me too some years back,they try it on me, but God protected me,I hang-up the phone, but next time if dey try that nonsense again I will use the recharge card, and nothing will happen
The cards are usually fake.

1 Like

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Emmysky(m): 3:57am On Sep 01, 2022
So true. This same experience happened to me in 2020. A guy kept calling me and told me he sent me an airtime worth about 1k meanwhile I hadn't seen anything. He begged me that if I did see it, I should not load it and forward it back him that it was a mistake. Few minutes after the call, an MTN call voucher code came in and I forwarded it to him. He called and started thanking me, said his Baba would like to pray for me. I just assumed it was an innocent intent but as the call proceeded, many things were not right. The "Baba" voice sounded younger, he was trying to fake a native Yoruba accent to appear old. Was asking if I spoke Yoruba, asked where I lived. Omo naim I cut call block the number.

After everything I just started reasoning everything. Why would he need me to resend him a code he already has. Both the paper and also on his phone's outbox/message convo. Even if it's from another person, then they would have called the person instead to ask for the code to be resent to back to them and not calling me to forward it.

Sha ended it there, they tried calling me back multiple times but I blocked their line. Used another line but I didn't pick. Wasn't sure if it was them or not so didn't block it although the number never called back again after that day so I assumd it's them.

Biko it's real. Had it been that this thing has not happened to me then I'd doubt but it has and it had all shades of fishy on it. So believe what you will but it's real
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 4:43am On Sep 01, 2022
Antimarraige:
Lies from the pit of hell
It's not a lie it happened to me, same way the girl narated but my double Etekwele pas their own.
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Hohenheim(m): 5:38am On Sep 01, 2022
Nigerians can never try to take a critical look at things, we always look for ways to filter it through the lens of imaginary supernatural powers.
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by CSTRR: 5:57am On Sep 01, 2022
Ginaz:
i think she had too much fear she would be harm and it manifested.

fear is a spiritual consent to the enemies, if you have no fear of any diabolical powers, it would have no power over you.
it is only God we should fear.
Diabolical power can harm you whether you fear it or not.
Having courage does not mean a lion cannot eat you at the end of the day.
Many people have died or gone mad while trying to destroy shrines.

It's only God's divine protection that can save you.
It's not courage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by FireUpNow(m): 6:05am On Sep 01, 2022
Are they fraudster s or ritualists? Wicked people
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Slurity(m): 6:11am On Sep 01, 2022
Ginaz:
i think she had too much fear she would be harm and it manifested.

fear is a spiritual consent to the enemies, if you have no fear of any diabolical powers, it would have no power over you.
it is only God we should fear.
Yes, fear is a strong and potent tools in spiritual ream but my dear, it is more than fear most times. In this case in particular, it is clear it's not about fear alone. I personally has been a victim.
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Originality007: 6:19am On Sep 01, 2022
Emdebby2:
Why would she accept an airtime from a stranger in the first place?
Sometimes greed kills. Be content with what you have.

did u even watch d video or read the msg?
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by chicoMX(m): 6:38am On Sep 01, 2022
I received similar call.
It all started when someone called and said they mistakenly sent me airtime pin (worth 3k). The caller said I should please send it back.
I told him I won't load it, that he can send it to the right number. The next day he called again and said one baba wants to pray for me. He asked of my name and location.

After he was done praying, he wanted to ask more info about me and stuff. I hung up and nothing happened

1 Like

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by innobarca(m): 7:19am On Sep 01, 2022
Fear....... Number one.
Nobody else.
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Owologbo(m): 8:00am On Sep 01, 2022
Rach310:
It's very true,I had same experience but the moment the scammer said one Baba wants to pray for me I smelt something fishy and decided to cut the call, this happened in 2019.

One idiot flashed me two days ago.
He said he mistakingly sent me 2k airtime. I dropped the call to check if I have any text message, nothing.
I called back to warned him to never in his life call my line again and dropped the call.

1 Like

Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by swiych(m): 8:23am On Sep 01, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Just speaking to you on phone and you lost your voice

Shebi na telepathic transmission
She's right, the code be say dem go first call u to see weda d number dey go, once u answer, dem go send d message (card) immediately, na wen u con say make u do good citizen call dem, or answer their call after d message, na there dem go work on u.
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by SmithRussell(m): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2022
Awesomeking:
A lot of people think its a lie..its actually true..i heard of it long ago..and it almost happened to me too..they use juju ohh to hypnotise you with the prayer
Chief it’s a lie... most victims are just ashamed of admitting that they’ve been played, and they just blame “juju”.

It happened to a very close friend of mine last year, and when I asked her, she actually told me what she was thinking throughout the “hypnosis” process, and I realized that she had her own mind all the way and the problem was not any juju, but greed, ignorance, fear, the belief that problems were spiritual and so many BS that are easily avoided with a logical mind.

And btw, their aim is not to kill anybody, but to make you send money for the items needed for prayers to change some things that the “father” is going to see about your life. Not to remotely kill you undecided
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Uchemus(m): 8:31am On Sep 01, 2022
[quote author=Truthdeypain post=116240003]

Their ignorance is bliss compared to yours, in your attempt to sound so cool, educated and refined. You sound really foolish, because for a fact stuff like this ain't new in our society, they happen daily! So you mean you haven't come across tales of peeps being hypnotized from the phone.

There are rules and principles in the spirit world, there are certain incantations and spells that these niggas, that's if you let them finish casting, tales effect immediately, it may sound unbelievable bit it is very true and can be very effective as well, though the effects may vary depending on the realm of your own spirit as a person and where you belong. As Omo ile wey i be I have personal experiences and third party experiences as well, Empirical facts! Don't think that people just sit up and make a thousand calls a day for nothing , common you can't be that stupid. People fall prey at the end of the day.

All man to his own sha. I pray say you go jam one day sha. Your English go change by then. [quote author=Truthdeypain post=116240003]

Clown. Hypnosis has nothing to do with juju and its nothing spiritual, its just a form of therapy. Nigerians still has some group of dumbest individual. Anyone that thinks one can lose his/her voice or die over a phone call is a clown.
Re: Lady Almost Lost Her Voice After Speaking With A Fraudster On Phone by Emmanueltrinity(f): 8:36am On Sep 01, 2022
I once experienced this but nothing happened to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drunk soldiers kill three, injure five on Lagos border community / Tambuwal To Emefiele: You’re Free To Run, But Leave Our Central Bank Alone / Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.