Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98220 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2023
Engineer123:
Good morning gentlemen. Please, how effective is this car tracker? I was told to pay #30,000 for the tracker. Thanks.

I don't know because I have not used it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Donchieli: 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
Thanks bro

kingreign:

Get a proper scanner, drive the car for some minutes, then park, and rescan the car while it's idling to find out the cause of the check engine light.

As for the oil life, if you recently changed oil and its later showing 80%, don't drain and refill, instead, allow it to go down to about 10-5%

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mubbyone(m): 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
Dozieson:

Thanks guys my car is perfectly fine now , it was the manifold that got blocked , so the car wasn’t able to breathe fine , but ok now even after removing the oil cover and engine deepstick.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdolla: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2023
Good evening all.
Pls do you know about Honda evil spirit. I'm currently using EOD 4 plugs and thinking of upgrading to Honda evil spirit, but this time around I'm thinking of the V6 version... I need ur advice if I should go for the 4 cylinder or v6... Thanks all
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2023
Kingdolla:
Good evening all.
Pls do you know about Honda evil spirit. I'm currently using EOD 4 plugs and thinking of upgrading to Honda evil spirit, but this time around I'm thinking of the V6 version... I need ur advice if I should go for the 4 cylinder or v6... Thanks all

If you are good with current fuel price v6 is the best. But treat its gear with care.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdolla: 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
Dozieson:

If you are good with current fuel price v6 is the best. But treat its gear with care.
thanks, how do you mean by treating it's gear with care pls
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 5:48am On Dec 29, 2023
Kingdolla:
thanks, how do you mean by treating it's gear with care pls

Using the right gear oil and avoiding anything that will damage it
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mejai(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2023
@kingreign, pls what is the way out of this?
Honda Accord DC. It doesn't engage drive and slips out if at all it will engage.

Dual solenoid and the single solenoid on top the transmission has been changed with the oil DW-1. Still no hope. Where can I find this P0756 sensor? Abi gear don faint?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
mejai:
@kingreign, pls what is the way out of this?
Honda Accord DC. It doesn't engage drive and slips out if at all it will engage.

Dual solenoid and the single solenoid on top the transmission has been changed with the oil DW-1. Still no hope. Where can I find this P0756 sensor? Abi gear don faint?

Replace transmission and rest sir.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdolla: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
Dozieson:

Using the right gear oil and avoiding anything that will damage it
Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by beejay1(m): 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
My Honda Accord 08 keeps jerking when moving, and after about 15mins of driving, the car stops. When I restart it, it comes on for just 1 min and jerks and stops again. If the car is left for a period of 1 hrs, the car restarts normally, but goes of again after about 15mins of driving. I was told the engine may be overheating, and have connected the fan directly to the ignition to come on immediately the car is started, but this has not solved the problem. The fuel filter and pump had also been changed, but no change. Something keeps tripping the car to stop, after a period of time. Note, the dashboard indicator does not show the engine is overheating, and temp gauge raises to the same position it has always risen to, for the past 5 years I have been driving the car. Any thoughts?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ugreat(m): 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
Boss, please help recommend a good car scanner that can scan engine and transmission. Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by sannies(m): 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
Good evening Gurus,
Why do Thermostat remove from Toyota camry? what is the implications? And is it reversible?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:36am On Dec 31, 2023
beejay1:
My Honda Accord 08 keeps jerking when moving, and after about 15mins of driving, the car stops. When I restart it, it comes on for just 1 min and jerks and stops again. If the car is left for a period of 1 hrs, the car restarts normally, but goes of again after about 15mins of driving. I was told the engine may be overheating, and have connected the fan directly to the ignition to come on immediately the car is started, but this has not solved the problem. The fuel filter and pump had also been changed, but no change. Something keeps tripping the car to stop, after a period of time. Note, the dashboard indicator does not show the engine is overheating, and temp gauge raises to the same position it has always risen to, for the past 5 years I have been driving the car. Any thoughts?

Scan the whole car on-board computer, retrieve codes and let's see so we know what to advise you with.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:59am On Dec 31, 2023
ugreat:
Boss, please help recommend a good car scanner that can scan engine and transmission. Thanks
Autel MaxiSys Ultra grin

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ugreat(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2023
jceesquare:

Autel MaxiSys Ultra grin
Thanks, will check it out
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
ugreat:

Thanks, will check it out
We await your feedback.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ugreat(m): 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2023
jceesquare:

We await your feedback.
With that emoji, I knew it won't be friendly. Thanks for the heads-up
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Balistic4: 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2023
My es350 vibrates when I brake at high speeds, what could be the issue? Both the legs and the steering. I usually mind how I match brake and I don't hold break for long for fear of something breaking grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
Balistic4:
My es350 vibrates when I brake at high speeds, what could be the issue?
It could be any of the following:
Warped brake discs,
Bad hub/ bearing,
Worn out tierod ends,
Bad/worn out ball joint.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Balistic4: 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
kingreign:

It could be any of the following:
Warped brake discs,
Bad hub/ bearing,
Worn out tierod ends,
Bad/worn out ball joint.
If you can my boss, when can you help me take a look? I need a precise fix as I no want to do trial and error with kazeems as I no too hold now

Also the noise I get at extreme corners, maybe you can help and fix it all, we forgot to do justice to it last time
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2023
Balistic4:

If you can my boss, when can you help me take a look? I need a precise fix as I no want to do trial and error with kazeems as I no too hold now

Also the noise I get at extreme corners, maybe you can help and fix it all, we forgot to do justice to it last time

Send me whatsapp message when you see this abeg

Happy new year in advance

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Franciv: 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
2009 Camry V6 Engine.

Codes are

C0300
P0300
P0302
P0306
P2197

The car idles very roughly when I hold the brake down with the gear in drive or reverse mode, gear shift is not smooth takes some second to move into a new gear, fuel consumption has increased, steering gets hard sometimes

All spark plugs and coils have been changed, injector and fuel pump serviced with two injectors changed and some parts of the pump replaced. Gear oil have been drained and refilled with Toyota WS 5 litres.

Help guys
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2023
Okosin:
2009 Camry V6 engine. The car idles rough in drive mode but not in neutral or park mode, it does not shift smoothly and fuel consumption is so high

You mailed me, chat me up via whatsapp 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
ugreat:

With that emoji, I knew it won't be friendly. Thanks for the heads-up
Pun aside, it's a perfect scan tool if you can afford it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
Franciv:
2009 Camry V6 Engine.

Codes are

C0300
P0300
P0302
P0306
P2197

The car idles very roughly when I hold the brake down with the gear in drive or reverse mode, gear shift is not smooth takes some second to move into a new gear, fuel consumption has increased, steering gets hard sometimes

All spark plugs and coils have been changed, injector and fuel pump serviced with two injectors changed and some parts of the pump replaced. Gear oil have been drained and refilled with Toyota WS 5 litres.

Help guys
Run a compression test. Could be a blown gasket.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ugreat(m): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
jceesquare:

Pun aside, it's a perfect scan tool if you can afford it.

Thanks Boss...I can't afford it atm
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrigowt: 12:31am On Jan 01
One of your coils or wires connected to coul and engine is bad or loose. Happened to me 2yrs ago. I first thought it was fuel.flew bike and got 4k fuel
took off in anger at full throttle on start up..about 10mins later.it stalled. Tried and tried.wasted 1k getting or renting a battery... same result. Not till ingave up and called my rewire. Coil 1 wire which had a small pin got loose and anytime I slowed down on gear 1..that was where the Coil was controlling..the car will stall. Fixed it on the spot.it pained me thay it was sonething i could pin back but did not have the tools at the moment. That day i wasted almost 10k for somethingi could connect back myself. Fuc .k. . Also check your spark plugs. If e dey overheat. Your temperature guage go rise up..dey race with ful speed go red sign.
beejay1:
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrigowt: 12:32am On Jan 01
Ball joints..misalignments. i bet you stay in a place where na offroad. Abi i lie. U dey bounce when u drive or not if u dey go aous.comot area.
Balistic4:
My es350 vibrates when I brake at high speeds, what could be the issue? Both the legs and the steering. I usually mind how I match brake and I don't hold break for long for fear of something breaking grin grin.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrigowt: 12:35am On Jan 01
If you are riding a fwd car and have issues with hands and steering.pls Park the Cark.loose the tyres check ball joints. Tierod..bushings and brake pads. Fwd is a death trap.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 1:10pm On Jan 01
beejay1:
reverse that connection you did to the fan. Did you scan this car? I feel you have a fuel delivery issue.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 1:15pm On Jan 01
Franciv:
2009 Camry V6 Engine.

Codes are

C0300
P0300
P0302
P0306
P2197

Help guys
seems you bought a very abused car. I feel you have a 10 pin transmission in that car. What type of plug did you replace with. Is your a.c. working? Has it been converted to manual? How are ur engine settings?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

Viewing this topic: braindee(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.