Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98660 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Olusanya827: 7:07pm On Jan 01
I'm driving Corolla spot 2012 a
And the AC has issued I took it to where they fill gas ...I filled gas and it's was working perfectly not up to 2 weeks the gas has finished....please recommend good AC work shop for.me I stay at ikeja lagos
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sannideen: 8:54am On Jan 02
Please I need help. My 06 Camry jerks after I've driven for a while and I noticed that the ATF burns quickly from bright red to almost brownish in color. What can be the problem?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirjudy1(m): 9:05am On Jan 02
I was looking through NL and saw this thread. Maybe I will find some assistance here.

I have a Kia Serato, 2008 Model (Auto tansmission). Recently the car developed a fault- when the gear is engaged, it starts very sluggishly, and if on an incline, it wouldn't be able to move at all until you bring it down to a plain ground. When on a level ground or a downward slope however, it moves off sluggisly. But once it is able to gain some speed, it drives normally until the next stop when the problem would recur again.

A handful of mechanics have tried several things. The gears have been changed, brainbox too and electrical wirings have been traced and burned out wires changed, but none of these measures resulted in any solution.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 9:15am On Jan 02
Sannideen:
Please I need help. My 06 Camry jerks after I've driven for a while and I noticed that the ATF burns quickly from bright red to almost brownish in color. What can be the problem?

Have you scan?!please share the codes
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sannideen: 9:31am On Jan 02
Dozieson:

Have you scan?!please share the codes
I'll do that and revert here
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:25am On Jan 02
Sannideen:

Clutch band is burning or you have dirt and debris in your system. Prepare, the transmission may soon go bad.

You didn't state the type of ATF you use.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sannideen: 11:52am On Jan 02
kingreign:

Clutch band is burning or you have dirt and debris in your system. Prepare, the transmission may soon go bad.

You didn't state the type of ATF you use.
I used Dexron III ATF
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:40pm On Jan 02
Sannideen:

I used Dexron III ATF

Ah!

Na wa o

As-salamu alaykum!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Topnotch16(m): 4:12pm On Jan 02
jceesquare:

When you say it doesn't move pass 60km/h how do you mean? Do you feel the car actually driving fast and beyond the speed and the speedo stuck at 60km/h regardless of how fast you drive or the car itself does not move pass 60km/h.
For your warning lights on dash, you'll need to scan car and post codes for remote diagnosis.

Just saw this
Yes, I meant the speedometer hangs and won't read above 60 even though the car is driving faster. Thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sannideen: 4:41pm On Jan 02
kingreign:

Ah!

Na wa o

As-salamu alaykum!
šŸ˜‚ I don check, I dey confuse power steering fluid to the gear oil. Just checked and realized the transmission oil is short. Probably that's responsible for the problem.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrigowt: 6:31pm On Jan 02
Gear don go. E no suppose short oil at all. Forget that gear
Sannideen:

šŸ˜‚ I don check, I dey confuse power steering fluid to the gear oil. Just checked and realized the transmission oil is short. Probably that's responsible for the problem.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdolla: 8:55pm On Jan 02
Evening my ogas... I'm using EOD, I noticed that the the green light beside the D-Drive on my dashboard use to blink after like 30 minutes drive, it won't stop until I park, off the car then start the engine, and after like 1km drive it will start to blink again. Pls what could be the cause and solution?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:20am On Jan 03
Kingdolla:
Evening my ogas... I'm using EOD, I noticed that the the green light beside the D-Drive on my dashboard use to blink after like 30 minutes drive, it won't stop until I park, off the car then start the engine, and after like 1km drive it will start to blink again. Pls what could be the cause and solution?
Check Transmission oil level, if low top up.
If okay, scan and post codes so we'd advise better.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Maxilight: 11:22am On Jan 03
Good morning all. My Corolla 09 vibrates when I engage it. It worsen when I put the AC ON.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Boo3nity(m): 11:57am On Jan 03
Noticed my '05 Toyota corolla (automatic transmission) jerks mildly when I either engage the R or D lately.
What could be the cause?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:58am On Jan 03
Boo3nity:
Noticed my '05 Toyota corolla (automatic transmission) jerks mildly when I either engage the R or D lately.
What could be the cause?
Maxilight:
Good morning all. My Corolla 09 vibrates when I engage it. It worsen when I put the AC ON.

Could be engine or transmission mount or misfire
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Boo3nity(m): 12:03pm On Jan 03
Olusanya827:
I'm driving Corolla spot 2012 a
And the AC has issued I took it to where they fill gas ...I filled gas and it's was working perfectly not up to 2 weeks the gas has finished....please recommend good AC work shop for.me I stay at ikeja lagos

I have a guaranteed plug that can solve this effortlessly for you.
Call or whatsapp me on 08034043659.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Boo3nity(m): 12:04pm On Jan 03
kingreign:

Could be engine or transmission mount or misfire

Owwwkay.
Any advice from you as to how to stop this?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03
Boo3nity:

Owwwkay.
Any advice from you as to how to stop this?

Visit a competent technician, he will diagnose the car and know what to do.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Latestnignew(m): 4:07pm On Jan 03
Hello house. Please i need help. OP and anybody that can help. I carried my car give mechanic for ringing because one port is killing spark plugs so after he has adjusted the cramshaft to O2 and assembled the engine back but the engine refused to start. He called rewire and everything, the coil plug began to show ignition but now, immediately the car starts, it will turn off by itself. What could be the problem?? Pls help me maybe i can tell the mechanic to check it out. And also he is waiting for a person to come and run a car scanner on it.

Ps: before ringing, the car was working, i even drive it to his workshop.

Update 13/01/2024: the car has started. The mechanic called a re wire and he scanned it and the scan brought a code which indicates that most of the wires are not properly connected and some wires has melted which has affected the ECU(brainbox) board. So the sensor at the upper part of the engine is damaged. So the rewire fixed everything before he now took the brainbox to ladipo to fixed. Now the fuel injector has swallowed plenty dirty. So he freed those injectors and now bought tokunbo plugs.

Iā€™m happy anyway.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by anifranci(m): 6:44pm On Jan 03
Urgent- Pathway to Canada šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦ New Brunswick Welcoming New Comes with (FREE WORK PERMIT) SEE BELOW VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GC69eSrm1c?si=G-nhYLT1xggrBhCY
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdolla: 7:09pm On Jan 03
kingreign:

Check Transmission oil level, if low top up.
If okay, scan and post codes so we'd advise better.
okay thanks... I took it to my mechanic and he removed the gear sensor and service it. It doesn't blink anymore. Just that sometimes it delays for like 1 second making loud noise before entering gear 2
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:09am On Jan 04
Latestnignew:
Hello house. Please i need help. OP and anybody that can help. I carried my car give mechanic for ringing because one port is killing spark plugs so after he has adjusted the cramshaft to O2 and assembled the engine back but the engine refused to start. He called rewire and everything, the coil plug began to show ignition but now, immediately the car starts, it will turn off by itself. What could be the problem?? Pls help me maybe i can tell the mechanic to check it out. And also he is waiting for a person to come and run a car scanner on it.

Ps: before ringing, the car was working, i even drive it to his workshop.
What car brand and year are you talking about?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by PawsitiveBro(m): 11:50am On Jan 04
Using the right tyres for your vehicle is one of the ways to maintain your car and also safeguard your life and other road users.

That is why TyreBay is here to provide you with high quality tyres for cars and trucks.
DM me on WhatsApp for deal.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Latestnignew(m): 12:07pm On Jan 04
jceesquare:

What car brand and year are you talking about?
Toyota camry 2006
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by bukitt: 1:52pm On Jan 04
Pls help my land cruiser power steering is still stiff but no noise when steered to the end like it used to before I changed power steering pump.

After just a few turns, it loosens up and becomes smooth.

Make una help.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 5:29pm On Jan 04
bukitt:
Pls help my land cruiser power steering is still stiff but no noise when steered to the end like it used to before I changed power steering pump.

Make una help.
Did you replace with a new and good pump?
Bleed the system properly if you're sure the pump and other components are in good shape.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 5:30pm On Jan 04
Latestnignew:

Toyota camry 2006
Did you get any scan code after scanning?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04
bukitt:

Make una help.

What year model land cruiser?
When did this start and what repairs have been made to the steering?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by johnson4nosa(m): 11:24am On Jan 05
Happy new to all NL please what could be wrong with my Lexus Rx300, it usually takes time before it accelerate after a long press of tettle there by dragging the motor back meanwhile I have changed the fuel pump still remain the same
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Adekush001: 11:44am On Jan 05
Good morning all, please I had an accident with my camry 06 model, I would like to know the cost of panel beating the car

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05
Adekush001:
Good morning all, please I had an accident with my camry 06 model, I would like to know the cost of panel beating the car

No gree for anyone this year is really working. Hope say u no gree for whoever you get accident with?

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.