Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98172 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Penboy: 7:13am On Jan 27
kingreign:

You may wish to have this knowledge at the back of your mind. You giving your car to someone you do not trust based on finances tells alot. You trust someone with a car that your life, that of your loved ones and other road users depend upon for safe operations yet you do not trust him for finance?

Baba, if you don't trust someone avoid the services of such person.

This is not a trust issue..
It's about pricing!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:26am On Jan 27
Penboy:

This is not a trust issue..
It's about pricing!

Your choice of word says otherwise.
Penboy:

Thank you sir.
Please dyou have a price range for it please?
I have no idea make this mechanic no rip me.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Penboy: 7:31am On Jan 27
kingreign:

Your choice of word says otherwise.

Your trusted mechanic can Inflate price of parts just to get his share nau.

The trust is if he's going to give you quality work. But if you have an idea on how much the goods cost, you can negotiate the amount you're sending him.

That's my point.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27
Denuga91:
I got a lexus 04 ES330 Tokunbo for my mom last year September. When it arrived in Lagos, it was scanned by my mechanic and necessary repairs were done. About a month later, I installed a car tracker in the car.

Here is the problem: To get the car started each morning, you have to crank it twice, After the first crank, you have to wait for about 3-5minute then crank it again. This is the only issue she is having with the car. Every other thing works fine.

I have attached a screenshot of the scan result.
check your car battery.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:06pm On Jan 27
Denuga91:
I got a lexus 04 ES330 Tokunbo for my mom last year September. When it arrived in Lagos, it was scanned by my mechanic and necessary repairs were done. About a month later, I installed a car tracker in the car.

Here is the problem: To get the car started each morning, you have to crank it twice, After the first crank, you have to wait for about 3-5minute then crank it again. This is the only issue she is having with the car. Every other thing works fine.

I have attached a screenshot of the scan result.

No vex I missed your complaint, pls follow @chukel advise.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 1:08pm On Jan 27
kingreign:

Your location?
Is your engine a turbo or GDi or none?
Thawarplay:
I want to buy Hyundai Sonata 2015 Engine 4plugs

What’s the price range
this is available

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:22pm On Jan 27
chukel:

this is available

Boss this motor too fine.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 1:27pm On Jan 27
kingreign:

Boss this motor too fine.
na buyer I de find
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by rapheal5(m): 2:03pm On Jan 27
Pls, what's the engine belt number for honda civic 2010
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oladele239(m): 3:50pm On Jan 28
I wish we could have someone like kingreign in Lagos.
Oga gazzuz doesn't work on small cars
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:52pm On Jan 28
oladele239:
I wish we could have someone
In a big city like Lagos?
You've been searching in the wrong places.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Clintx(m): 5:27am On Jan 30
Please I need help checking this Toyota Camry SE with VIN as 4T1BF1FK3DU267519
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:38am On Jan 30
Clintx:
Please I need help checking this Toyota Camry SE with VIN as 4T1BF1FK3DU267519

DM 07034581213 whatsapp
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ivan18888888888: 10:50am On Jan 30
Lagos bad road wan finish my motor, my shocks and suspension system dey always bad.

Anyhow, I bin get one tori wey happen to me recently wit one useless mechanic.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:02am On Jan 30
Ivan18888888888:
Lagos bad road wan finish my motor, my shocks and suspension system dey always bad.

Pls, kindly help us by not derailing this thread. Thank you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ivan18888888888: 11:31am On Jan 30
Ivan18888888888:

I really had the craziest experience with this mechanic named Tayo the other day. So here what happened ; I call this dude up to help fix my back shock absorber because he had already worked on my front shocks a few weeks ago.,
meanwhile, prior to when I fixed my front shock he already told me the back shocks would cost 60 thousand naira , so on calling him that faithful day , we talk for a little while and I agreed on sending him the 60k right away, so he can go on to do my job really fast .
so after like 30 mins later after sending him the money, this dude called me saying the shocks were no longer 60k rather it was 95k, he was like “ oga dollar done go up” well the dollar has made the price skyrocket. he said even the front shocks we bought for 100k is now over 160k
I was like, "What the hell?" But eventually, I agreed to send him 35k. So after I send him all the money ,I also told him I'd be at his workshop in 30 minutes to an hour time, so he could start working on taking out my shocks.

So fast forward to after I got to Tayo's workshop. I arrived around exactly 9:30 am in the morning and had to wait for about an hour before they started working on removing the shocks. while they were loosening the shocks, Tayo tells me that he never order the shock in the first place! He wanted to check my bushing to see if it was alright before ordering everything together. I was like, "Okay, fine." So, after about 2 hours, they finally took out the shock and bushing. guess what ? just like I Expected, Tayo tells me that my bushing is bad and it'll cost me an extra 25k to replace it. I agreed to send him the money to order both the shock and the bushing .

So, about an hour later, I asked Tayo if he had managed to order the parts. He said yes !! but they were looking for a bike to transport them. Apparently, the bike they had in mind was busy delivering some other goods at Mile 2 . After a while, I went back to Tayo for an update, but he was just beating around the bush. Finally, he said they found a bike, but it was charging a certain amount. He offered to cover that cost, as he usually helps his customers out. You know what funny? Even if he had asked me to pay, I would've been fine with it. I have no problem with that. So, after another two hours again, I met up with him again, and guess what he said this time ? The bike never call me Oga! I was like, "Dude, you just told me you found a bike. How come it never called you?" I was so confused and felt really bad. At that point, I decided to let him do whatever he chooses to do.

Now here is where things got really bad and took a turn for the worse. After waiting for another extra 2-3 hours again, I noticed the mechanic holding two of my shocks. He was removing some parts and instructed one of his boys to put a battery into his car, giving the impression that he was about to take the shocks elsewhere. This whole time, I was sitting in his workshop, feeling aggravated and at the same time concerned about where he could possibly be going with my loosened shocks. As I sat in his workshop , for more and more minutes , various thoughts raced through my big head. I found myself wondering where he could possibly be going with the loosened shocks. I hoped that he wouldn't take them somewhere-else to spray them. While at the same time, a part of me urged me to wait and see what would happen, and another part of me believed that it would be better to approach him proactively. After all, prevention is always better than having to deal with a problem later. Determined, I made up my mind, telling myself, "Alright, I'm going to meet with him and confront this idiot to clear things up."

I approached him and asked, "Hey, Na where you dey go? Where are you taking my shock to ?" He admitted that he intended to take both shocks “not just one oooooo, but two of them” in order to use them as prototypes and find a nearby place where he could purchase them. . This confused me even further, because he had previously stated that good spare parts for Mercedes couldn't be found in this area. I questioned him, saying, "But wait, nor be you talk say person dey come from the trade fair? So Why then are you changing plans even without informing me? It's important to be transparent , Remember ?

I kept expressing my frustration, saying, "So you changed your plans without informing me ? , even though I'm right here with you?" He responded with this aggressive words, going on about how it wasn't my concern and that he would do the job whether I was present or not, regardless of whether he communicated with me. I couldn't even believe what I was hearing. I reminded him, "This is my car we're talking about right ?, and to matter worst I'm sitting right next to you, not like I am absent or something." His reply shocked me even further as he stated, "It's none of your business Oga." At that moment, it occurred to me that he might be under the influence of drugs or Maybe dis guy hide enta one beer-pallor go drink ogorogo.

To be continued……….. tired of typing abeg

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emekayoung(m): 10:43pm On Jan 30
Good evening everybody. Please who knows anyone in ladipo that can convert my car from automatic to manual? Drop the contact please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:26pm On Jan 30
Ivan18888888888:

I really had the craziest experience with this mechanic named Tayo the other day. So here what happened ; I call this dude up to help fix my back shock absorber because he had already worked on my front shocks a few weeks ago.,
meanwhile, prior to when I fixed my front shock he already told me the back shocks would cost 60 thousand naira , so on calling him that faithful day , we talk for a little while and I agreed on sending him the 60k right away, so he can go on to do my job really fast .
so after like 30 mins later after sending him the money, this dude called me saying the shocks were no longer 60k rather it was 95k, he was like “ oga dollar done go up” well the dollar has made the price skyrocket. he said even the front shocks we bought for 100k is now over 160k
I was like, "What the hell?" But eventually, I agreed to send him 35k. So after I send him all the money ,I also told him I'd be at his workshop in 30 minutes to an hour time, so he could start working on taking out my shocks.

So fast forward to after I got to Tayo's workshop. I arrived around exactly 9:30 am in the morning and had to wait for about an hour before they started working on removing the shocks. while they were loosening the shocks, Tayo tells me that he never order the shock in the first place! He wanted to check my bushing to see if it was alright before ordering everything together. I was like, "Okay, fine." So, after about 2 hours, they finally took out the shock and bushing. guess what ? just like I Expected, Tayo tells me that my bushing is bad and it'll cost me an extra 25k to replace it. I agreed to send him the money to order both the shock and the bushing .

So, about an hour later, I asked Tayo if he had managed to order the parts. He said yes !! but they were looking for a bike to transport them. Apparently, the bike they had in mind was busy delivering some other goods at Mile 2 . After a while, I went back to Tayo for an update, but he was just beating around the bush. Finally, he said they found a bike, but it was charging a certain amount. He offered to cover that cost, as he usually helps his customers out. You know what funny? Even if he had asked me to pay, I would've been fine with it. I have no problem with that. So, after another two hours again, I met up with him again, and guess what he said this time ? The bike never call me Oga! I was like, "Dude, you just told me you found a bike. How come it never called you?" I was so confused and felt really bad. At that point, I decided to let him do whatever he chooses to do.

Now here is where things got really bad and took a turn for the worse. After waiting for another extra 2-3 hours again, I noticed the mechanic holding two of my shocks. He was removing some parts and instructed one of his boys to put a battery into his car, giving the impression that he was about to take the shocks elsewhere. This whole time, I was sitting in his workshop, feeling aggravated and at the same time concerned about where he could possibly be going with my loosened shocks. As I sat in his workshop , for more and more minutes , various thoughts raced through my big head. I found myself wondering where he could possibly be going with the loosened shocks. I hoped that he wouldn't take them somewhere-else to spray them. While at the same time, a part of me urged me to wait and see what would happen, and another part of me believed that it would be better to approach him proactively. After all, prevention is always better than having to deal with a problem later. Determined, I made up my mind, telling myself, "Alright, I'm going to meet with him and confront this idiot to clear things up."

I approached him and asked, "Hey, Na where you dey go? Where are you taking my shock to ?" He admitted that he intended to take both shocks “not just one oooooo, but two of them” in order to use them as prototypes and find a nearby place where he could purchase them. . This confused me even further, because he had previously stated that good spare parts for Mercedes couldn't be found in this area. I questioned him, saying, "But wait, nor be you talk say person dey come from the trade fair? So Why then are you changing plans even without informing me? It's important to be transparent , Remember ?

I kept expressing my frustration, saying, "So you changed your plans without informing me ? , even though I'm right here with you?" He responded with this aggressive words, going on about how it wasn't my concern and that he would do the job whether I was present or not, regardless of whether he communicated with me. I couldn't even believe what I was hearing. I reminded him, "This is my car we're talking about right ?, and to matter worst I'm sitting right next to you, not like I am absent or something." His reply shocked me even further as he stated, "It's none of your business Oga." At that moment, it occurred to me that he might be under the influence of drugs or Maybe dis guy hide enta one beer-pallor go drink ogorogo.

To be continued……….. tired of typing abeg

Pls I asked you NOT to derail this thread, you ignored my request, pls stop this. Go create a thread for your complaints.

r231, Freiburger pls ban this moniker and hide the derailing post.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oluayebenz: 11:47pm On Jan 30
kingreign:

Pls I asked you NOT to derail this thread, you ignored my request, pls stop this. Go create a thread for your complaints.

r231, Freiburger pls ban this moniker and hide the derailing post.

How is he derailing?

Abeg let him share his experience,,,,, Atleast all what he said up there is all about Auto.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:56am On Jan 31
oluayebenz:

[s]How is he derailing?

Abeg let him share his experience,,,,, Atleast all what he said up there is all about Auto[/s].
This is MY thread, and i dictates the rules here.
If he wants to complain about a service rendered or someone whom he patronized, he should open a fresh thread for that purpose.

Besides, I did NOT recommend him anybody that would warrant him to try to derail this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by honsule(m): 9:04am On Jan 31
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!

Good morning.
I have Toyota corolla S, 2005. Automatic Transmission, based in ABUJA. I noticed the driver side brake disk is usually very hot, compare to the passenger side. (by pouring water, the driver side brake disk will sound as if u are frying plantain grin ) . my first mechanic told me the caliper is faulty. Hence i bought a BELGIUM Caliper, that didn't solve the issue. He now said, lets change master break. That it could be faulty. I bought New master brake, it didn't solve the issue. I also bought quality brake pad, still it didn't solve the issue(HE WAS DOING TRIAL AND ERROR -making me to spend money unnecessarily). So, i decided to visit another mechanic and via personal research online i discovered that bad rotors can make disk to be hot. i changed that specific side of the rotor, still it gets hot compare to the passenger side which is barely hot(Though the squeaking, squealing, and grinding sound stopped). what do you think could be the problem for the hotness. pls NOTE The following things that i replaced: 1. Caliper, 2. Brake pad, 3. Master Break, 4. Rotor.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31
honsule:

Good morning.
I have Toyota corolla S, 2005. Automatic Transmission, based in ABUJA. I noticed the driver side brake disk is usually very hot, compare to the passenger side. (by pouring water, the driver side brake disk will sound as if u are frying plantain grin ) . my first mechanic told me the caliper is faulty. Hence i bought a BELGIUM Caliper, that didn't solve the issue. He now said, lets change master break. That it could be faulty. I bought New master brake, it didn't solve the issue. I also bought quality brake pad, still it didn't solve the issue(HE WAS DOING TRIAL AND ERROR -making me to spend money unnecessarily). So, i decided to visit another mechanic and via personal research online i discovered that bad rotors can make disk to be hot. i changed that specific side of the rotor, still it gets hot compare to the passenger side which is barely hot(Though the squeaking, squealing, and grinding sound stopped). what do you think could be the problem for the hotness. pls NOTE The following things that i replaced: 1. Caliper, 2. Brake pad, 3. Master Break, 4. Rotor.

I cant think or guess the answer because I believe in actual diagnosis rather than guess work sir

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by honsule(m): 7:00pm On Jan 31
kingreign:

I cant think or guess the answer because I believe in actual diagnosis rather than guess work sir

If u are based in Abuja I can come around or recommend sb for me. Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:02pm On Jan 31
honsule:

If u are based in Abuja I can come around or recommend sb for me. Thanks
Pls send a whatsapp message

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by blackgig(m): 11:39am On Feb 01
Hello chief, Please where can I get a replacement key and have it reprogrammed.

My location is : Surulere/Ilupeju. thank you

kingreign:

Replace keyless fob battery if it works, fine. If it doesn't work, you need it replaced & reprogrammed.
I can't give location of where you can buy new replacement piece because I don’t know where you are.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:40pm On Feb 01
blackgig:
Hello chief, Please where can I get a replacement key and have it reprogrammed.

My location is : Surulere/Ilupeju. thank you

I dont know sir, I am not based in Lagos.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Joeadeoye2: 4:12pm On Feb 01
Hello everyone, I drive a Toyota corolla 2005 which starts having a problem since a month now. While driving the car, it just jerks once and engine will shutdown. It does that randomly and frequently, it jerks once (as if you're trying to do push and start in a manual car) and then engine shutdown. I have tried 3 different mechanics with no success. What we have done so far:

Change fuel pump
Changed spark plugs
Changed all 4 fuel injectors
Changed brain box and reprogrammed the car (tried upto 3 different brain box)
Changed oil and oil filter
Changed ignition coil
Changed oxygen sensor

All of the above mentioned, we have done with no success. The car still jerks once and then stop.

I spoke to a friend that does Uber and uses the same type of my car, he said he had the same problem with his car once, and he tried everything without success. He said a guy from Toyota company was introduced to him and the guy came, charged 50k, took the car somewhere and came back after 20mins and the problem disappeared. And ever since then, he never experienced the problem. He didn't know what the guy did inside the car.

But unfortunately, this guy that helped him is no longer in the country. So, looks like a dead end.

Anyone with idea should please help me out. I'm tired. embarassed
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:35pm On Feb 01
Joeadeoye2:
Hello everyone, I drive a Toyota corolla 2005 which starts having a problem since a month now. While driving the car, it just jerks once and engine will shutdown. It does that randomly and frequently, it jerks once (as if you're trying to do push and start in a manual car) and then engine shutdown. I have tried 3 different mechanics with no success. What we have done so far:

Change fuel pump
Changed spark plugs
Changed all 4 fuel injectors
Changed brain box and reprogrammed the car (tried upto 3 different brain box)
Changed oil and oil filter
Changed ignition coil
Changed oxygen sensor

All of the above mentioned, we have done with no success. The car still jerks once and then stop.

I spoke to a friend that does Uber and uses the same type of my car, he said he had the same problem with his car once, and he tried everything without success. He said a guy from Toyota company was introduced to him and the guy came, charged 50k, took the car somewhere and came back after 20mins and the problem disappeared. And ever since then, he never experienced the problem. He didn't know what the guy did inside the car.

But unfortunately, this guy that helped him is no longer in the country. So, looks like a dead end.

Anyone with idea should please help me out. I'm tired. embarassed
Your location?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jhonsmertin841: 6:39pm On Feb 01
Awesome thanks for creating this Website thread it really helped me a lot keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:26pm On Feb 01
jhonsmertin841:
Awesome thanks for creating this Website thread it really helped me a lot keep it up.
you're welcome sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Lanre896(m): 9:35pm On Feb 01
Good day, I drive a Corolla sport 07, resentful I notice my gear oil has been leaking , I reach out to my mechanic and he connect me with someone that repair gear , the person charge me 35k say he will change the seal and cup

Again , someone told me once they repair gear .. it’s can’t be perfect as before again

Please , I need best advice
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:39pm On Feb 01
Lanre896:
Good day, I drive a Corolla sport 07, resentful I notice my gear oil has been leaking , I reach out to my mechanic and he connect me with someone that repair gear , the person charge me 35k say he will change the seal and cup

Again , someone told me once they repair gear .. it’s can’t be perfect as before again

Please , I need best advice
A trial won't be bad. Don't judge base on mere hearsay. Also, follow due diligence when carrying out a sensitive repair.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.