Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98296 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:06am On Feb 07
abiolag:

Maybe I should tell him to couple it back. If he put gas now within 1 hour d gas go comot finish

I've given my own advise, if it's beneficial to you, feel free to follow it, if it's not, feel free to let it go.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by opt2: 11:25am On Feb 07
Good morning everyone pls how much can I get corolla backlight in ladipo

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 11:29am On Feb 07
MrReeseG:

Steering is a bit better
Bled as advised and did alignments... The stiffening has reduced (but not disappeared).

Also, there's a squealing sound coming from the front tires, like the rim is rubbing against the caliper (It's not the brakes).
Fix the power steering pressure switch issue I told you about and you should have improved performance.
The squealing noise could be from your brake pads or any metal parts around the pads rubbing against the disk.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 11:37am On Feb 07
abiolag:

Thanks
I think he didn’t do a thorough check initially to ascertain where d issue was coming from. He only use d sound from d compressor to chop money because what he changed was just a small rubber which he claimed was d seal. Na d fear of not tampering with other things if d dashboard is loose dey worry me
You don't detect leaks with your bare ears.
You need to pull vacuum from each individual components (lines, condenser, compressor, and evaporator) to know where the leak is coming from.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emekayoung(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07
Joeadeoye2:
Hello everyone, I drive a Toyota corolla 2005 which starts having a problem since a month now. While driving the car, it just jerks once and engine will shutdown. It does that randomly and frequently, it jerks once (as if you're trying to do push and start in a manual car) and then engine shutdown. I have tried 3 different mechanics with no success. What we have done so far:

Change fuel pump
Changed spark plugs
Changed all 4 fuel injectors
Changed brain box and reprogrammed the car (tried upto 3 different brain box)
Changed oil and oil filter
Changed ignition coil
Changed oxygen sensor

All of the above mentioned, we have done with no success. The car still jerks once and then stop.

I spoke to a friend that does Uber and uses the same type of my car, he said he had the same problem with his car once, and he tried everything without success. He said a guy from Toyota company was introduced to him and the guy came, charged 50k, took the car somewhere and came back after 20mins and the problem disappeared. And ever since then, he never experienced the problem. He didn't know what the guy did inside the car.

But unfortunately, this guy that helped him is no longer in the country. So, looks like a dead end.

Anyone with idea should please help me out. I'm tired. embarassed
I had similar issue with my 2004 Corolla two years ago and only one man in Mushin was able to resolve it,his shop is around jakande gate isolo mushin. His name is Steven,call him now to book appointment with him Tomorrow if possible,he will resolve it in minutes 07035360582
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emekayoung(m): 1:09am On Feb 08
abiolag:

Thanks
I think he didn’t do a thorough check initially to ascertain where d issue was coming from. He only use d sound from d compressor to chop money because what he changed was just a small rubber which he claimed was d seal. Na d fear of not tampering with other things if d dashboard is loose dey worry me
If you are on the island there is one guy that used to be in the Nigerian army engineering department,he knows the job very well. His shop is at gbara in jakande. Tell him you are from Emeka,the guy that used to drive silver honda City. Tell him your experiences. That's your last bus stop. But book an appointment before going so you won't be on the queue when you get there +234 803 897 9263
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emekayoung(m): 1:31am On Feb 08
honsule:

Good morning.
I have Toyota corolla S, 2005. Automatic Transmission, based in ABUJA. I noticed the driver side brake disk is usually very hot, compare to the passenger side. (by pouring water, the driver side brake disk will sound as if u are frying plantain grin ) . my first mechanic told me the caliper is faulty. Hence i bought a BELGIUM Caliper, that didn't solve the issue. He now said, lets change master break. That it could be faulty. I bought New master brake, it didn't solve the issue. I also bought quality brake pad, still it didn't solve the issue(HE WAS DOING TRIAL AND ERROR -making me to spend money unnecessarily). So, i decided to visit another mechanic and via personal research online i discovered that bad rotors can make disk to be hot. i changed that specific side of the rotor, still it gets hot compare to the passenger side which is barely hot(Though the squeaking, squealing, and grinding sound stopped). what do you think could be the problem for the hotness. pls NOTE The following things that i replaced: 1. Caliper, 2. Brake pad, 3. Master Break, 4. Rotor.
Change that brake pipe or hose on the side that is always hot,if that pipe is having blockage it can hinder brake fluid from returning back when you depress your feet from the brake pedal thereby making it hard for the brake caliper piston not to return back as fast as it should. Talking from experience,that thing can be very frustrating,i went through this same process. Stop using that particular mechanic,look for mechanics that specialize only on brakes,they call them brake masters. Don't allow anybody to make you spend money anyhow again,change that pipe,it's not more than 1500,and please buy new one.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emekayoung(m): 1:37am On Feb 08
MrReeseG:

Steering is a bit better
Bled as advised and did alignments... The stiffening has reduced (but not disappeared).

Also, there's a squealing sound coming from the front tires, like the rim is rubbing against the caliper (It's not the brakes).
Check the hub bearing to know if there is still grease inside,sometimes when the grease lubricating it washes away it starts causing friction against each other. That may be the culprit of that noise,are you on the island in Lagos let me help you check it?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emekayoung(m): 8:46am On Feb 08
cyif2003:

2010 Camry (venza engine) does not have a dip stick.
How can someone check the oil gauge please?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by okpeho(m): 11:28am On Feb 08
Good morning house,
I took my Honda CRV car to VIO Inspection Center yesterday for inspection and below are the faults detected.

Defects Detected
1. Excessive Service Brake Imbalance Rear Axle
2. Service Brake Not Working (Rear Left)

Please I need your help in interpreting and identifying the faults.
Thank you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Babatundehy: 12:38pm On Feb 08
Joeadeoye2:

Change fuel pump
Changed spark plugs
Changed all 4 fuel injectors
Changed brain box and reprogrammed the car (tried upto 3 different brain box)
Changed oil and oil filter
Changed ignition coil
Changed oxygen sensor

All of the above mentioned, we have done with no success. The car still jerks once and then stop.

I spoke to a friend that does Uber and uses the same type of my car, he said he had the same problem with his car once, and he tried everything without success. He said a guy from Toyota company was introduced to him and the guy came, charged 50k, took the car somewhere and came back after 20mins and the problem disappeared. And ever since then, he never experienced the problem. He didn't know what the guy did inside the car.

But unfortunately, this guy that helped him is no longer in the country. So, looks like a dead end.

Anyone with idea should please help me out. I'm tired. embarassed
Hello bro, any car owner who doesn't have a very good mechanic will suffer the problem you have now at least once in his lifetime, I suffered it myself and after going from one shop to another spending money on things that were never faulty (fuel pump, spark plugs, ignition coils and sensors) and paying many mechanics for my car problem they couldn't solve I was more than frustrated, I left it for weeks and then even people envious of me started talking shit because they were happy my car was grounded lol, trust me your neighbors don't want your car running good, I got pissed and decided to keep spending money trying every mechanic I see but wouldn't let them touch any vital part like my engine or transmission.
One day I met a mechanic I showed him scan results (I scan tire lol more than 5 places) he then said he still had to scan my vehicle, so I reluctantly let him, he saw the usual codes, one for bypassing the fan, Tpms, abs and codes that would never make a car jerk before shutting off.
If I am correct, your car would work fine when cold and shortly after its gotten warmed up it stutters just once like it's been deprived of fuel and then few seconds after the engine goes off, sometimes it starts back up again only to repeat within a very short distance and sometimes it doesn't start back up until you have left it to sit for a while, if this is the exact problem you have, I'm not a mechanic I'm just sharing my experience, this is what the mechanic who finally solved the problem did, I watched him open my fusebox, he took out each and every fuse and inspected it, put them back In position very tightly, replaced any bad fuse and then swapped my fuel pump relay for another relay doing something else in the vehicle(relays were the same), then he checked wires coming from my crankshaft position sensor (someone had interchanged them wrongly, mistakenly maybe, he corrected that) and started up the car, and that's the end of the story.
Due to the experience I have had in the past with many mechanics on the same issue, I couldn't believe issue was solved, I told him I'll see how it goes, I've driven more than 200 miles since the repair and engine never stuttered or went off, I was lucky to find that mechanic, tell your mechanic to check the things I've mentioned, you can also check the fuses yourself, it can be very frustrating, I wished I had a mechanical problem lol, I was ready to buy any part, electrical issue fit make you swear say you no go ever own car for your life, the sensors I bought are home with me, useless, the third electrician who changed my fuel pump I went back to him to pick the old one up he had already sold it lol.
So, If your issue is just what I had, you do not have a mechanical issue, your issue is electrical, I say again, I'm not a mechanic, this is an experience I had, good luck.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Oasisi: 12:46pm On Feb 08
My Camry 2007 dries up oil within 3 weeks.

Initially, oil stays in my car for 3 months but since past 1 year now, it dries up too quick.

I have tried normal Mobil blue cover, I have semi synthetic and just on the 15th of last month, I decided to go for Mobil 1 and now it’s already below the minimum calibration.

Please what called be the problem and can it be fixed?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 5:55pm On Feb 08
Oasisi:

Initially, oil stays in my car for 3 months but since past 1 year now, it dries up too quick.

I have tried normal Mobil blue cover, I have semi synthetic and just on the 15th of last month, I decided to go for Mobil 1 and now it’s already below the minimum calibration.

Your engine is burning oil.
Save for rebuild or replacement.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by okpeho(m): 9:43pm On Feb 08
Good morning house,
I took my Honda CRV car to VIO Inspection Center yesterday for inspection and below are the faults detected.

Defects Detected

Please how do I interpret the above faults?
Thank you.

Cc:
@ GAZZUZZ, @Kingreign, @Nurey
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nurey(m): 9:49pm On Feb 08
okpeho:
Good morning house,

Defects Detected

Please how do I interpret the above faults?
Thank you.

Nah just oyinbo the person dey talk, check your brake is like some part have been bypassed.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by okpeho(m): 8:03am On Feb 09
nurey:

Nah just oyinbo the person dey talk, check your brake is like some part have been bypassed.

Okay bros, thank you for your feedback.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emekayoung(m): 8:04am On Feb 09
Babatundehy:

Hello bro, any car owner who doesn't have a very good mechanic will suffer the problem you have now at least once in his lifetime, I suffered it myself and after going from one shop to another spending money on things that were never faulty (fuel pump, spark plugs, ignition coils and sensors) and paying many mechanics for my car problem they couldn't solve I was more than frustrated, I left it for weeks and then even people envious of me started talking shit because they were happy my car was grounded lol, trust me your neighbors don't want your car running good, I got pissed and decided to keep spending money trying every mechanic I see but wouldn't let them touch any vital part like my engine or transmission.
One day I met a mechanic I showed him scan results (I scan tire lol more than 5 places) he then said he still had to scan my vehicle, so I reluctantly let him, he saw the usual codes, one for bypassing the fan, Tpms, abs and codes that would never make a car jerk before shutting off.
If I am correct, your car would work fine when cold and shortly after its gotten warmed up it stutters just once like it's been deprived of fuel and then few seconds after the engine goes off, sometimes it starts back up again only to repeat within a very short distance and sometimes it doesn't start back up until you have left it to sit for a while, if this is the exact problem you have, I'm not a mechanic I'm just sharing my experience, this is what the mechanic who finally solved the problem did, I watched him open my fusebox, he took out each and every fuse and inspected it, put them back In position very tightly, replaced any bad fuse and then swapped my fuel pump relay for another relay doing something else in the vehicle(relays were the same), then he checked wires coming from my crankshaft position sensor (someone had interchanged them wrongly, mistakenly maybe, he corrected that) and started up the car, and that's the end of the story.
Due to the experience I have had in the past with many mechanics on the same issue, I couldn't believe issue was solved, I told him I'll see how it goes, I've driven more than 200 miles since the repair and engine never stuttered or went off, I was lucky to find that mechanic, tell your mechanic to check the things I've mentioned, you can also check the fuses yourself, it can be very frustrating, I wished I had a mechanical problem lol, I was ready to buy any part, electrical issue fit make you swear say you no go ever own car for your life, the sensors I bought are home with me, useless, the third electrician who changed my fuel pump I went back to him to pick the old one up he had already sold it lol.
So, If your issue is just what I had, you do not have a mechanical issue, your issue is electrical, I say again, I'm not a mechanic, this is an experience I had, good luck.
That fuse thing is actually what my friend went through last week,he almost gave up after spending alot of money,then one electrician came and worked on the fuse box,afterwards the car started and no issues till today. He later told my friend to change the fuse box. Electrical fault will make you think your village people are after your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mojounited(m): 8:35am On Feb 09
Hello folks, good morning. Please can someone recommend a very good auto-mechanic for setting of camber, caster and toe for Lexus GS350? The right rear leg is visibly not well aligned and car vibrates when speed/acceleration increases.

Cc: GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, Nurey
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by fineboynl(m): 10:55am On Feb 09
Oasisi:

a tear down is needed. New rings and all
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 10:00pm On Feb 09
Oasisi:

Wahala. 2az and oil burn na 5&6. Even if you buy toks N700/800k you may still experience the oil burn.

If you are considering rebuild, please contact a very good mech to avoid severe pains in this current economic abracadabra

Just use the cheaper blue cover mobil till you are ready
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by abiolag(m): 10:09pm On Feb 09
Emekayoung:

If you are on the island there is one guy that used to be in the Nigerian army engineering department,he knows the job very well. His shop is at gbara in jakande. Tell him you are from Emeka,the guy that used to drive silver honda City. Tell him your experiences. That's your last bus stop. But book an appointment before going so you won't be on the queue when you get there +234 803 897 9263
Thanks it has been fixed

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by codemaster2much: 10:45am On Feb 10
abiolag:

Thanks it has been fixed
was it the Engineering army guy that fixed it?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oladele239(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10
I need tokunbo tyres
Any correct plug ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 1:16pm On Feb 10
mojounited:
Hello folks, good morning. Please can someone recommend a very good auto-mechanic for setting of camber, caster and toe for Lexus GS350? The right rear leg is visibly not well aligned and car vibrates when speed/acceleration increases.

Cc: GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, Nurey
why not go to gazzuz's workshop

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mojounited(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10
chukel:
why not go to gazzuz's workshop
Kindly share address please

Cc: Gazzuzz
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by honsule(m): 10:12pm On Feb 10
Emekayoung:

Change that brake pipe or hose on the side that is always hot,if that pipe is having blockage it can hinder brake fluid from returning back when you depress your feet from the brake pedal thereby making it hard for the brake caliper piston not to return back as fast as it should. Talking from experience,that thing can be very frustrating,i went through this same process. Stop using that particular mechanic,look for mechanics that specialize only on brakes,they call them brake masters. Don't allow anybody to make you spend money anyhow again,change that pipe,it's not more than 1500,and please buy new one.

Thanks. I was thinking it was the flex hose & pipe too but it wasn't. I finally changed mechanic. I almost bought another Caliper, but the mechanic opened the Caliper and discover the rubber inside was oversized/bad, doesn't allow it to move freely. I gave him 1k to buy just another rubber and everything is very okay now. So, after all, the problem is still Caliper.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by honsule(m): 10:20pm On Feb 10
jceesquare:

Your engine is burning oil.
Save for rebuild or replacement.

Yes o. Let him rebuild his engine. I did mine the first time, the mechanic is not a specialist at all within 6months oil keep drying up like no man business. Expensive fully synthetic oil for that matter. (he even advised me to use another oil and see) I went to a different mechanic to rebuid the engine. After driving for like 5months with 5,000 mileage. I changed the oil, still very much intact
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dicksonadams(m): 10:41pm On Feb 10
honsule:

Yes o. Let him rebuild his engine. I did mine the first time, the mechanic is not a specialist at all within 6months old keep drying oil up like no man business. Expensive fully synthetic oil for that matter. (he even advised me to use another oil and see) I went to a different mechanic to rebuid the engine. After driving for like 5months with 5,000 mileage. I changed the oil, still very much intact
please help with the mechanic number, someone needs his service grin
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by honsule(m): 11:19pm On Feb 10
dicksonadams:
please help with the mechanic number, someone needs his service grin

Am based in Abuja o
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Idioha299: 11:54pm On Feb 10
My Peugeot 206 is misfiring and lossing power will driving. Have changed the fuel pump and nozzle , including plugs, yet the problem is still there. Noticed it has started consuming fuel too.
Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?
Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by andeemoore: 10:02am On Feb 11
Asking price: 1.5m
Slicely Negotiable
Make: Suzuki Every
Model- 2001
Colour- yellow
Gear box- working perfectly
Engine: working perfectly
Servicing: chain Adjustment

Call/whatsapp zero eight one three two zero nine eight five zero four….

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dicksonadams(m): 10:59am On Feb 11
honsule:

Am based in Abuja o

still drop same... make folks here benefit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.