Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98776 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:58am On Feb 11
andeemoore:
Asking price: 1.5m
Slicely Negotiable
Make: Suzuki Every
Model- 2001
Colour- yellow
Gear box- working perfectly
Engine: working perfectly
Servicing: chain Adjustment

Call/whatsapp zero eight one three two zero nine eight five zero four….

Pla delete this post, it's not the right thread for such.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by honsule(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11
dicksonadams:

still drop same... make folks here benefit

Ok
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by abiolag(m): 1:03am On Feb 12
codemaster2much:
was it the Engineering army guy that fixed it?
Nope na d AC guy that was working on it before
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by henryspendy: 1:41am On Feb 12
Hi fam howdy?
I drive a venza V6 011, recently i noticed that it's having a hard time to start but recently it doesn't start at all and if it does it doesn't run for more than 3 seconds and it goes off. I had diagnosed and was told the fault has to do with the timing change.
I also noticed black smoke coming from the exhaust pipe, it was diagnosed to have a bad airflow meter which was changed but the smoke didn't stop and it also consumes alot of fuel 🤦
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:36am On Feb 12
henryspendy:
Hi fam howdy?
I drive a venza V6 011, recently i noticed that it's having a hard time to start but recently it doesn't start at all and if it does it doesn't run for more than 3 seconds and it goes off. I had diagnosed and was told the fault has to do with the timing change.
I also noticed black smoke coming from the exhaust pipe, it was diagnosed to have a bad airflow meter which was changed but the smoke didn't stop and it also consumes alot of fuel 🤦

Alot of factors can cause hard or no start.

Ensure the glowing conditions are met

1. Correct timing,
2. Air enters the engine, air filter and MAF is okay,
3. Fuel gets to the engine from the fuel pump and injectors,
4. Sparkplug produces sparks.

If any of these is missing, your engine won't start.

Check your ECU and immobilizer too, they can inhibit spark or fuel delivery for whatever reason if there's a fault or if they notice the key used to start is not the right key.

For the 3 sec start and die, black smoke and co, I feel it's an ECM issue.
You need a very competent technician to patiently and carefully diagnose this issue.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by cyif2003(m): 5:03am On Feb 13
U will need to call a mechanic dat is conversant with dat year engine. I know it’s by to drivers side around d tyre side.
Emekayoung:

How can someone check the oil gauge please?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emekayoung(m): 6:13am On Feb 13
honsule:

Thanks. I was thinking it was the flex hose & pipe too but it wasn't. I finally changed mechanic. I almost bought another Caliper, but the mechanic opened the Caliper and discover the rubber inside was oversized/bad, doesn't allow it to move freely. I gave him 1k to buy just another rubber and everything is very okay now. So, after all, the problem is still Caliper.
The rubber sef na 500 naira. But thank God the problem is solved.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by natedroid: 10:47am On Feb 13
WHAT'S THE STANDARD ENGINE OIL MARK LEVEL

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 3:31pm On Feb 13
henryspendy:
Hi fam howdy?
What's the repair history?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tbred: 3:52pm On Feb 13
Babatundehy:

Hello bro, any car owner who doesn't have a very good mechanic will suffer the problem you have now at least once in his lifetime, I suffered it myself and after going from one shop to another spending money on things that were never faulty (fuel pump, spark plugs, ignition coils and sensors) and paying many mechanics for my car problem they couldn't solve I was more than frustrated, I left it for weeks and then even people envious of me started talking shit because they were happy my car was grounded lol, trust me your neighbors don't want your car running good, I got pissed and decided to keep spending money trying every mechanic I see but wouldn't let them touch any vital part like my engine or transmission.
One day I met a mechanic I showed him scan results (I scan tire lol more than 5 places) he then said he still had to scan my vehicle, so I reluctantly let him, he saw the usual codes, one for bypassing the fan, Tpms, abs and codes that would never make a car jerk before shutting off.
If I am correct, your car would work fine when cold and shortly after its gotten warmed up it stutters just once like it's been deprived of fuel and then few seconds after the engine goes off, sometimes it starts back up again only to repeat within a very short distance and sometimes it doesn't start back up until you have left it to sit for a while, if this is the exact problem you have, I'm not a mechanic I'm just sharing my experience, this is what the mechanic who finally solved the problem did, I watched him open my fusebox, he took out each and every fuse and inspected it, put them back In position very tightly, replaced any bad fuse and then swapped my fuel pump relay for another relay doing something else in the vehicle(relays were the same), then he checked wires coming from my crankshaft position sensor (someone had interchanged them wrongly, mistakenly maybe, he corrected that) and started up the car, and that's the end of the story.
Due to the experience I have had in the past with many mechanics on the same issue, I couldn't believe issue was solved, I told him I'll see how it goes, I've driven more than 200 miles since the repair and engine never stuttered or went off, I was lucky to find that mechanic, tell your mechanic to check the things I've mentioned, you can also check the fuses yourself, it can be very frustrating, I wished I had a mechanical problem lol, I was ready to buy any part, electrical issue fit make you swear say you no go ever own car for your life, the sensors I bought are home with me, useless, the third electrician who changed my fuel pump I went back to him to pick the old one up he had already sold it lol.
So, If your issue is just what I had, you do not have a mechanical issue, your issue is electrical, I say again, I'm not a mechanic, this is an experience I had, good luck.

Hello Babatundehy

I got a car, before putting it to real long time driving, I noticed that, the engine oil light comes on as well as the check engine light, and the car wouldn't start. Then after a while, it started, Now the day I drove this car from Ikeja GRA to Chevron Drive, on climbing the ikoyi exit inwards ikoyi just by the bend, the engine oil light comes on and the car stops, I put it off and start it again, immediately it started, thought it was fuel, so I headed to the nearest fuel station at Falomo, bought fuel and headed to Chevron. Drove the car until Night, before the same issue reoccurred.

And while driving, I noticed the car was smoking , this is a car that was just serviced. Now the following day, once I drive for few distances or for about 1 hour, the same engine oil light comes on and car stops atimes while in motion, but after cooling for about 30 to 40 minutes,it starts again. Then I noticed there wasn't engine oil in the car, bought 1 liter to top up, yet the problem still persist for a recently serviced car.

Please could you proffer a solution, could it be the fuse box as you stated above?

Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 7:07pm On Feb 13
tbred:

Hello Babatundehy

I got a car, before putting it to real long time driving, I noticed that, the engine oil light comes on as well as the check engine light, and the car wouldn't start. Then after a while, it started, Now the day I drove this car from Ikeja GRA to Chevron Drive, on climbing the ikoyi exit inwards ikoyi just by the bend, the engine oil light comes on and the car stops, I put it off and start it again, immediately it started, thought it was fuel, so I headed to the nearest fuel station at Falomo, bought fuel and headed to Chevron. Drove the car until Night, before the same issue reoccurred.

And while driving, I noticed the car was smoking , this is a car that was just serviced. Now the following day, once I drive for few distances or for about 1 hour, the same engine oil light comes on and car stops atimes while in motion, but after cooling for about 30 to 40 minutes,it starts again. Then I noticed there wasn't engine oil in the car, bought 1 liter to top up, yet the problem still persist for a recently serviced car.

Please could you proffer a solution, could it be the fuse box as you stated above?

You see engine oil light and you still dey drive the car?
Some people really don't deserve to own cars. Now u checked and there was no oil in the car and u just added one liter. Anyway, the engineers will be here for you soon. But prepare for the worst.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:42pm On Feb 13
vivalavida:

You see engine oil light and you still dey drive the car?
Some people really don't deserve to own cars. Now u checked and there was no oil in the car and u just added one liter.any ways the engineers will bebear for you soon. But prepare for the worst.

grin grin
RIP engine. cry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:43pm On Feb 13
tbred:

Hello Babatundehy

That's how a Volkswagen type T1 does. It's absolutely normal.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tbred: 8:13pm On Feb 13
kingreign:

That's how a Volkswagen type T1 does. It's absolutely normal.

It's a Kia Rio
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nurey(m): 8:54pm On Feb 13
tbred:

Hello Babatundehy

sludge ti take over
oil pump otilor

start saving for a new engine, if na toyota be the car, you may need a loan for buy replacement engine.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:57pm On Feb 13
tbred:

It's a Kia Rio

1996 kia rio?
Automatic?
Diesel?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 9:36pm On Feb 13
Corrolla 2011 rate of car consumption is high.
What could be the problem
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tbred: 10:00pm On Feb 13
kingreign:

1996 kia rio?
Automatic?
Diesel?

Automatic
Petrol
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:40pm On Feb 13
tbred:

Automatic
Petrol

😡🙄

So na until we sacrifice to the gods of our forefathers before you give us these vital information?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tbred: 10:58pm On Feb 13
kingreign:

😡🙄

So na until we sacrifice to the gods of our forefathers before you give us these vital information?

Make una no vex
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 8:23am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
Corrolla 2011 rate of car consumption is high.
What could be the problem
What do you mean by this?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 8:23am On Feb 14
tbred:

Make una no vex
Replace engine
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:15am On Feb 14
tbred:

Make una no vex

Buy another toks engine or rebuild it if you know you have someone competent enough to do it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tbred: 10:20am On Feb 14
kingreign:

Buy another toks engine or rebuild it if you know you have someone competent enough to do it.

Alright, thanks for your input.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by handebayor: 11:38am On Feb 14
Hello Babatundehy,

I own a Subaru Forester 1999 AWD and this car has been a reliable partner in different terrain and providing me with essential mobility.

Recently, I experience a little delay in acceleration which my mechanic checked and reported that one of the spark plugs is being soaked in engine oil and exhibiting engine wear. I have had to change the spark plugs, installed an adaptor on the weak spark plug and change the engine electrical coil. This helps the car operate normally but it is still far from its pristine condition.

The alternative advised by my mechanic is a replacement of the car engine and this procedure is 50/50 as other faults might develop from the installed engine.

I should add that I regularly service the car and replace the oil and filters every 2months.

I kindly request for your technical assistance on a complete rectification on this as the car has a great sentimental value for me.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Onepiece007: 12:06pm On Feb 14
Hi guys , I love what you guys are doing and I send greetings to everyone of you .
I’m here because I recently got a 2007 Camry for 2.2 cos of bad engine . I fixed it and I started nothing another issue , which included AC was passed through relay . I fixed that too . But my current issue now is that when I’m driving and I get to 30 the car jerks forward but it’s a smooth drive afterwards. What couldn’t be issue with that ?
My mechanic said its probably because of the car had been sitting for too long before we purchased it . I would like a second opinion and also everything else works just the jerking .
Thanks in advance
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ugreat(m): 2:53pm On Feb 14
My people, I still need help on my 06 Sienna issues(P0012 and P2716). I need a good mechanic around Isolo/Okota axis.
I need this camshaft and gear solenoid issue sorted out.

The car moves sluggishly especially when AC is on. Difficult to climb small slope.

Please come to my aid my Ogas
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:26pm On Feb 14
Onepiece007:
Hi guys , I love what you guys are doing and I send greetings to everyone of you .
I’m here because I recently got a 2007 Camry for 2.2 cos of bad engine . I fixed it and I started nothing another issue , which included AC was passed through relay . I fixed that too . But my current issue now is that when I’m driving and I get to 30 the car jerks forward but it’s a smooth drive afterwards. What couldn’t be issue with that ?
My mechanic said its probably because of the car had been sitting for too long before we purchased it . I would like a second opinion and also everything else works just the jerking .
Thanks in advance
The jerk could be anything from a bad or failing fuel pump, to your transmission acting up.
Get the car scanned to identify what the issue is.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:26pm On Feb 14
handebayor:
Hello Babatundehy,

I own a Subaru Forester 1999 AWD and this car has been a reliable partner in different terrain and providing me with essential mobility.

Recently, I experience a little delay in acceleration which my mechanic checked and reported that one of the spark plugs is being soaked in engine oil and exhibiting engine wear. I have had to change the spark plugs, installed an adaptor on the weak spark plug and change the engine electrical coil. This helps the car operate normally but it is still far from its pristine condition.

The alternative advised by my mechanic is a replacement of the car engine and this procedure is 50/50 as other faults might develop from the installed engine.

I should add that I regularly service the car and replace the oil and filters every 2months.

I kindly request for your technical assistance on a complete rectification on this as the car has a great sentimental value for me.

Thank you.
Rebuild or replace the engine.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:28pm On Feb 14
ugreat:
My people, I still need help on my 06 Sienna issues(P0012 and P2716). I need a good mechanic around Isolo/Okota axis.
I need this camshaft and gear solenoid issue sorted out.

The car moves sluggishly especially when AC is on. Difficult to climb small slope.

Please come to my aid my Ogas
Any repair history on the vehicle?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nomerci: 8:56am On Feb 15
Used mobile 1..it dries out after 3days.maybe its fake oil. Bought total 15w50..engine flush and oil additives. Lo and behold.afyer doing every the exhaust emits lil smoke.at high rev the engine emits lil blue smoke. Seems the total oil I bought was original
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emekayoung(m): 5:20pm On Feb 15
jceesquare:

If you still have little vacuumed air in the brake booster, then it's fine for it to be a bit soft even with engine off. But it shouldn't remain soft but hard after you pump it once with engine off.
Good day sir. I dropped my car at the panel beater's place for panel beating work and when i went to carry it,i found out that the brakes have suddenly become hard even when the engine is on,very hard and the brakes are no longer effective like before. And the engine doesn't steam well as it used to. I checked all the hoses and they are all connected to their various positions. When i press the brakes when engine is on i normally hear hissing sound from the leg room coming from the driver's side. Please any suggestions for me? It's a 2007 Nissan versa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.