Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98778 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by zotorux(m): 6:43am On Oct 06, 2022
Good morning nice work here. So I just got an accord 2008 (my first car) so I’m new to all this.
I just noticed that once the AC is turned on there’s this extra noise, like something grinding can’t really explain. My car plus said is from the steering pump. Would love to know more about that. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vladhillz(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2022
kingreign:

Does the immobilizer/anti theft security warning light blink when key is inserted in the ignition and turned to the on position?
its on and steady when in on position
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:41am On Oct 06, 2022
vladhillz:
its on and steady when in on position
When the lights are illuminated on the dash?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2022
zotorux:
Good morning nice work here. So I just got an accord 2008 (my first car) so I’m new to all this.
I just noticed that once the AC is turned on there’s this extra noise, like something grinding can’t really explain. My car plus said is from the steering pump. Would love to know more about that. Thank you.

Have a technician check and verify if it’s from the power steering pump or any of the idlers or pulley.
Take off the belt and roll them individually and also feel them for rough points.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vladhillz(m): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2022
kingreign:

When the lights are illuminated on the dash?
yeah?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:10am On Oct 06, 2022
vladhillz:
yeah?

Get the key reprogrammed to the car again.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vladhillz(m): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2022
kingreign:

Get the key reprogrammed to the car again.
alright ..thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by zotorux(m): 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
kingreign:

Have a technician check and verify if it’s from the power steering pump or any of the idlers or pulley.
Take off the belt and roll them individually and also feel them for rough points.

Thank you, I just meet up with a technician and we realized the fuel pump used was even manipulated. It’s not for the car itself. So I’m changing it alongside some components. Hopefully it works out.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2022
zotorux:

Thank you, I just meet up with a technician and we realized the fuel pump used was even manipulated. It’s not for the car itself. So I’m changing it alongside some components. Hopefully it works out.
Okay.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nitt: 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2022
kingreign:

Thank you very much for your kind words, this means a lot to me. I appreciate.
As for your request, unfortunately, I don’t know any one in your axis that I can recommend.

You're most welcome.

Sad about your response. Lol

Going forward, will share any issues with the car proving a bit difficult for the average joe.

Thanks again & have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
nitt:

You're most welcome.

Sad about your response. Lol

Going forward, will share any issues with the car proving a bit difficult for the average joe.

Thanks again & have a great day.
Thanks and have a great day too!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by bastien: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
Greetings boss, my Lexus es350 makes a loud squeaking sound early morning start, this happen recently, what could be the cause and solution sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
bastien:
Greetings boss, my Lexus es350 makes a loud squeaking sound early morning start, this happen recently, what could be the cause and solution sir
Is it from the belt or a 3seconds ‘Krrrrrr’ sound?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by rollout40(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
Good day bro, My mum's 2007 corolla has been serviced by her mechanic with 20w-50 for over 5 years. Recently the low oil pressure light came on. He said he has cleaned the oil filter under the engine, changed the oil light switch, cleaned the engine of sludge and tried about three different oil pumps (1 brand new and 2 tokunbo) yet the light has refused to go off. What's your advice?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
Good day bro. I drive an acura tsx 2008 model. I have this check engine light on. I have scanned with my Bluetooth scanner but it tells me no OBD fault found. I have an increased fuel consumption.
I proceeded to do a smog check and I am seeing a pending code there but it has refused to show me the pending code. I want to share the result of the smog check. I pray you and other technicians in the house can tell me how to go about tackling it from there.
@autoelectng, please come in too.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kokomo: 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2022
rollout40:
Good day bro, My mum's 2007 corolla has been serviced by her mechanic with 20w-50 for over 5 years. Recently the low oil pressure light came on. He said he has cleaned the oil filter under the engine, changed the oil light switch, cleaned the engine of sludge and tried about three different oil pumps (1 brand new and 2 tokunbo) yet the light has refused to go off. What's your advice?

Plan for a toks engine
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2022
rollout40:
Is the wiring of the engine oil light indicator good?
If yes, then you may have sludge in that engine.

If it is sludge, prepare for another engine.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2022
vivalavida:
Good day bro. I drive an acura tsx 2008 model. I have this check engine light on. I have scanned with my Bluetooth scanner but it tells me no OBD fault found. I have an increased fuel consumption.
I proceeded to do a smog check and I am seeing a pending code there but it has refused to show me the pending code. I want to share the result of the smog check. I pray you and other technicians in the house can tell me how to go about tackling it from there.
@autoelectng, please come in too.

Get a proper scan tool and scan that car, then post codes. If you’re in abuja contact me 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by shuri: 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2022
Baba kingreign , I hail sir.

My 2008 Acura MDX engine starts when I press and hold the lock button for 3 seconds. Then it has another remote/fob that performs the same function (starts and off the engine) when I press and hold the number 2 button; the button above the unlock button (picture attached). Can I engage the transmission and drive the box this way? I haven't tried it , just curious.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
shuri:

My 2008 Acura MDX engine starts when I press and hold the lock button for 3 seconds. Then it has another remote/fob that performs the same function (starts and off the engine) when I press and hold the number 2 button; the button above the unlock button (picture attached). Can I engage the transmission and drive the box this way? I haven't tried it , just curious.
Is the key fob a genuine stock keyfob?
If yes, I doubt you’d be able to drive off with a remote start. If it’s aftermarket, it may allow you if it’s programme to behave that way.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by bastien: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
kingreign:

Is it from the belt or a 3seconds ‘Krrrrrr’ sound?
don’t think it’s from the belt, 3 seconds krrrr
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
bastien:
don’t think it’s from the belt, 3 seconds krrrr

Is it the 3 seconds krrrr?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by bastien: 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
kingreign:

Is it the 3 seconds krrrr?
yes sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2022
bastien:
yes sir

VVT-i assy. It’s a defect a lot of toyota are known for. To fix it, replace the VVT-i assy.
If you’re in Abuja we could do fix it for you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
shuri:

If it can start the car, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to put your trans in drive and move.

It's akin to having push to start installed.

It was probably installed by previous owner to enable him warm the vehicle interior or cool it down before getting in the vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
9icetoo:

If it can start the car, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to put your trans in drive and move.

It was probably installed by previous owner to enable him warm the vehicle interior or cool it down before getting in the vehicle.

Most OE remote start systems aren’t designed to just allow the owner walk in and move away. You must initiate some sequence to let the car know you intend to do so as the owner of the car cos it’s also designed to prevent unauthorized entry and theft of the car while the engine is running.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by bastien: 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
kingreign:

VVT-i assy. It’s a defect a lot of toyota are known for. To fix it, replace the VVT-i assy.
If you’re in Abuja we could do fix it for you.
I’m in Lagos I wish you’re in Lagos too embarassed
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
My kick starter still lags after changing the brush. Just changed d brush this afternoon and the car started immediately the brush was fixed.... however, after a few stops, I noticed d problem started again...car was getting difficult to start wen hot...but wen it cools down, it starts again. The car battery is a new one, so it's definitely not a battery problem. pls help
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
My carburettor is always blocked with dirt and affecting the performance of d car almost everyday despite fixing a second fuel filter. Pls wat could be d problem
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Please I got myself a generator for the first time and the mechanic recommended that I use Forte Heavy Duty as the best.

The problem is after it exhausted, I can't find this oil at any fuelling station.

What is the best readily available oil for a 2.5Kva generator regardless of price?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by shuri: 5:19am On Oct 08, 2022
kingreign:

Is the key fob a genuine stock keyfob?
If yes, I doubt you’d be able to drive off with a remote start. If it’s aftermarket, it may allow you if it’s programme to behave that way.

It is the genuine stock one. They are 2 and they both start the engine remotely. The one that has the key attached to it, would start the engine remotely if I press and hold the lock button for 3 secs.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by shuri: 5:21am On Oct 08, 2022
9icetoo:

They are 2 and they both start the engine remotely. The one that has the key attached to it, would start the engine remotely if I press and hold the lock button for 3 secs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.