Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98283 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Blazejerrison(m): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2022
Dealers and connected individuals
I need serious hustlers who can help market my cars
I pay minimum commission of 50k for each car sold.
Serious enquirers only
Cars are located in Lagos and Warri
All Our cars are always very affordable

CALL/WHATSAPP +2349020561787
I will also create a group where I upload available cars.

https://www.instagram.com/blaze.autos
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nemesisobaara: 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
kingreign:

Check if the TCM harness is plugged in properly. If it is, have your technician unplug it and check if it’s pins are rusted or bent. Then plug it properly and securely. Clear codes and test drive again. If it doesn’t work, replace that TCM module.
Thanks boss. I checked the TCM and noticed that two pins where bent. I straightened and refined it. Now my gear is flying as usual and I got my Rx350 back and sound. Gracias boss. Now, I want to flush out the gear oil and replace with Toyota WS. Any precaution or advice from the house?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
Nemesisobaara:

Thanks boss. I checked the TCM and noticed that two pins where bent. I straightened and refined it. Now my gear is flying as usual and I got my Rx350 back and sound. Gracias boss. Now, I want to flush out the gear oil and replace with Toyota WS. Any precaution or advice from the house?
What oil was used previously?
Ensure transmission is cold and someone who knows how to service these transmissions are hired for the job. Also, ensure genuine Toyota WS oil is used as there are lot of fakes in the market.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ikehbobo: 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
I drive a 1998 Volvo S40, manual and sealed engine. Lately, I noticed that my car emits black smoke when you start the engine, but this clears off after a while; this want happening before. Again, the engine shorts oil after a little period of servicing; please what could be the reason for all these?
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nemesisobaara: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2022
kingreign:

What oil was used previously?
Ensure transmission is cold and someone who knows how to service these transmissions are hired for the job. Also, ensure genuine Toyota WS oil is used as there are lot of fakes in the market.

I don't know the oil that was used as I just bought the vehicle not up to a month now.
Besides, how do I know the original Toyota WS when I see it?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ikehbobo:
I drive a 1998 Volvo S40, manual and sealed engine. Lately, I noticed that my car emits black smoke when you start the engine, but this clears off after a while; this want happening before. Again, the engine shorts oil after a little period of servicing; please what could be the reason for all these?
I’m not a Volvo mechanic, but I know black smoke indicates engine running rich. You may wish to check your AF sensor or ‘Lambda sond’ as Volvo calls it. As for oil shortage, check if there is any leak from the engine oil seal. If none, then the pistons rings and valve stem seals might be the culprits.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ikehbobo: 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ok.
By AF sensor(Lambda sond), you mean the Air flow sensor?

kingreign:

I’m not a Volvo mechanic, but I know black smoke indicates engine running rich. You may wish to check your AF sensor or ‘Lambda sond’ as Volvo calls it. As for oil shortage, check if there is any leak from the engine oil seal. If none, then the pistons rings and valve stem seals might be the culprits.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2022
9icetoo:

Scan but I fear the transmission has been contaminated with dirt.

Rather than allow some of these techs touch your sensitive gear to fix leaking oil seals,buy Lucas transmission fix oil. It stops leaks and fixes most seal leaks.

Have you or know someone who has used this?
And what's the long term effect on the engine.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ikehbobo:
Ok.
By AF sensor(Lambda sond), you mean the Air flow sensor?

I think you should scan your car and post codes let’s not guess
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ikehbobo: 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ok.
kingreign:

I think you should scan your car and post codes let’s not guess
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Burchester: 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2022
Any solution to fix this P2651 Honda accord ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BKholip1: 3:38am On Dec 28, 2022
Please I am using 2006 Honda accord DC. I noticed that wen I drive like 30mins, it will not move as I match on the turtle to overtake. It will just make sound of turtle but will not pick to move
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by godwinkaluco: 6:34am On Dec 28, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please can anyone help me find a solution for my Lexus 460. It was flashing 4LO sign ever since I got it. I scanned but nothing was revealed by the scan.
Yesterday as I was driving on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, I perceived some acrid smell and stopped to check and the whole car was engulfed in smoke! It refused to start afterwards.
The vehicle is now safely towed back to Lagos.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2022
BKholip1:
Please I am using 2006 Honda accord DC. I noticed that wen I drive like 30mins, it will not move as I match on the turtle to overtake. It will just make sound of turtle but will not pick to move

Scan and post codes here let’s see what’s wrong.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 9:56am On Dec 28, 2022
Please how can I stop this oil leak under my car?
Lexus RX 350 2011.

Thanks!

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by celestial1: 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
Which battery product name I should buy for highlander 2005 , please i need your advice
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mabea: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!
My Honda Accord is showing TPMS, VSA and ABS signs on the dashboard. How do I reset it? Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mubbyone(m): 9:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
MrDam:
I drive a 2008 Toyota Corolla and I noticed the rpm doesn't go above 3, what could be the problem and I hope it wont affect my gear.
. Same problem with my Corolla, am thinking may be it from the coil.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by belloabd1914(m): 12:12am On Dec 29, 2022
vivalavida:
Please guys, I had cause to change my compressor about a week ago. But since yesterday I observed whenever I am in traffic and My RPM drops, I start experiencing heavy vibration in the engine bay and my RPM fluctuates. But when I am on motion, no such vibrations. What could be the cause?

Some should please answer this question.

I experienced similar thing when my Camry 08 air glow was changed. The car started smoking, vibrating, it revs on its on when u park

All this happened when one mechanic worked on it
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by uvie66: 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
Can someone help me with my AC please, does not perform when I am on top speed.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by celestial1: 2:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
I want to buy car battery, is interland a good car battery please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
celestial1:
I want to buy car battery, is interland a good car battery please

I don’t know sir.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
mabea:
My Honda Accord is showing TPMS, VSA and ABS signs on the dashboard. How do I reset it? Thanks

Get a scan tool, scan the ABS and TPMS post codes we shall remotely assist you on what to do to solve the faults.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
josephsm823:
Please how can I stop this oil leak under my car?
Lexus RX 350 2011.

Thanks!
Ensure you buy genuine Toyota Filter and change the Seals on the filter cartridge. If it still seeps, checks if the aluminum part where the cartridge tightens into is not cracked.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Burchester:
Any solution to fix this P2651 Honda accord ?

What year accord?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Burchester: 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
kingreign:

What year accord?

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
Burchester:

You didn’t mention if it’s a 2.4 or 2.0 or 3.5l V6, and if it’s a LEV or PZEV vehicle. You also didn’t indicate the symptoms you are experiencing.
If it’s a 4 cylinder 2.4L, you need to service something like this. It’s at the rear of your car engine.
If after servicing it, it still behaves same way, replacing it should be next.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mabea: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
kingreign:

Get a scan tool, scan the ABS and TPMS post codes we shall remotely assist you on what to do to solve the faults.
All right sir. I have contacted one. I will post the codes tomorrow morning. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
kingreign:

Ensure you buy genuine Toyota Filter and change the Seals on the filter cartridge. If it still seeps, checks if the aluminum part where the cartridge tightens into is not cracked.
Will do so sir..God bless you @Kingreign

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Burchester: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
kingreign:

You didn’t mention if it’s a 2.4 or 2.0 or 3.5l V6, and if it’s a LEV or PZEV vehicle. You also didn’t indicate the symptoms you are experiencing.
If it’s a 4 cylinder 2.4L, you need to service something like this. It’s at the rear of your car engine.
If after servicing it, it still behaves same way, replacing it should be next.

Thanks will do that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.