Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98288 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
Damscole:
Happen to my EOD I changed throttle body sensor and it was fixedquote author=BKholip1 post=119482835]Please I am using 2006 Honda accord DC. I noticed that wen I drive like 30mins, it will not move as I match on the turtle to overtake. It will just make sound of turtle but will not pick to move

Scan and post codes.
Is your fuel pump having very good pressure?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by madapcmod: 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
Please what's d cause of this codes?

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2023
madapcmod:
Please what's d cause of this codes?
Evap system diagnosis and overhaul recommended.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by madapcmod: 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2023
kingreign:

Evap system diagnosis and overhaul recommended.

What part is that?

The car is Toyota Camry

I wiped the code and it disappeared but it comes on after some days
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
madapcmod:

What part is that?

The car is Toyota Camry

I wiped the code and it disappeared but it comes on after some days

What year model and what engine type?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by madapcmod: 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2023
kingreign:

What year model and what engine type?

2001, 5FE engine
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2023
madapcmod:

2001, 5FE engine
It’s a 22year old car, the Evap system has served its purpose, get a good working Evap system with the hoses and valve then have your technician install it and call it a day.

I doubt you’re going to get a brand new unit except you import one yourself.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dawahlarry: 7:01am On Jan 10, 2023
Dear all, kindly advise on what to do on below error codes on 2007 KIA SPECTRA;

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Kia
VIN: KNAFE121975378934

============1==============
P2626
Raw code: 2626
ECU: Engine control unit
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, pumping current trim - open circuit

============2==============
P0700
Raw code: 0700
OBDII: Transmission control system, MIL request - circuit malfunction

============3==============
P0755
Raw code: 0755
ECU: Transmission control unit
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) B - circuit malfunction

============4==============
P0760
Raw code: 0760
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) C - circuit malfunction

============5==============
P0743
Raw code: 0743
OBDII: Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid - electrical

============6==============
P0128
Raw code: 0128
OBDII: Coolant thermostat - coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature

============7==============
P0765
Raw code: 0765
Status: Pending fault present, Pending fault present during this driving cycle, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault has been present during this drive cycle
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) D - circuit malfunction

============8==============
P0750
Raw code: 0750
Status: Pending fault present, Pending fault present during this driving cycle, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault has been present during this drive cycle
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) A - circuit malfunction
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2023
dawahlarry:
Dear all, kindly advise on what to do on below error codes on 2007 KIA SPECTRA;

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Kia
VIN: KNAFE121975378934

============1==============
P2626
Raw code: 2626
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, pumping current trim - open circuit

============2==============
P0700
Raw code: 0700
OBDII: Transmission control system, MIL request - circuit malfunction

============3==============
P0755
Raw code: 0755
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) B - circuit malfunction

============4==============
P0760
Raw code: 0760
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) C - circuit malfunction

============5==============
P0743
Raw code: 0743
OBDII: Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid - electrical

============6==============
P0128
Raw code: 0128
OBDII: Coolant thermostat - coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature

============7==============
P0765
Raw code: 0765
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) D - circuit malfunction

============8==============
P0750
Raw code: 0750
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) A - circuit malfunction
Remove battery terminal connection first,
Check the harness that plugs into the transmission for short circuit, breakage or breach. Check the pins on the socket if rusty, clean the harness socket with appropriate electrical cleaner, allow to dry, then connect the harness back securely, clear code. If it works you’re good, if it doesn’t work, you may be looking at another transmission control module or gearbox.

In other news, this is the best candidate for Enugu North Senatorial District

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dawahlarry: 7:30am On Jan 10, 2023
kingreign:

Remove battery terminal connection first,
Check the harness that plugs into the transmission for short circuit, breakage or breach. Check the pins on the socket if rusty, clean the harness socket with appropriate electrical cleaner, allow to dry, then connect the harness back securely, clear code. If it works you’re good, if it doesn’t work, you may be looking at another transmission control module or gearbox.

Thanks, sir. I will try this.

In other news, this is the best candidate for Enugu North Senatorial District
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mejai(m): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2023
Good morning kingreign, please I don come again.
See the codes I got P1733 and P0780.
Symptoms: gear slips while in drive (likely going into 2nd gear)
Also, there is an oil leak from the gear system.

Car is already with the mechanic.
Honda Accord DC
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:25am On Jan 10, 2023
mejai:
Good morning kingreign, please I don come again.
See the codes I got P1733 and P0780.
Symptoms: gear slips while in drive (likely going into 2nd gear)
Also, there is an oil leak from the gear system.

Car is already with the mechanic.
Honda Accord DC
Get the leak sorted out, then replace the shift solenoid

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by T3amie(m): 9:12am On Jan 11, 2023
Hi, Good morning
Happy new year
I have an issue with my Lexus RX 350 2011
It’s makes loud noise while I’m driving
And also it jerks to the front every minute while driving
Also it makes an unusually sound whenever I press my brake in a go slow area.

I spoke to my mechanic about the issue for a while now but he still hasn’t seen a solution
He said something in the gear has issues that’s why it jerks to the front while in motion
Also about the loud noise he said the vehicle doesn’t have catalyst.

Finally the sound I hear whenever I press the brake comes from the right hand side front tire, he told me it’s the shock absorber
I gave him money to purchase a new one
But the problem still persists.

I just want to ask for help in this forum to recommend a solution or to refer me to a good Lexus mechanic in Lagos or Abeokuta
I’d be glad to hear from you guys
Thanks.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:41am On Jan 11, 2023
T3amie:
Hi, Good morning
Happy new year
I have an issue with my Lexus RX 350 2011
It’s makes loud noise while I’m driving
And also it jerks to the front every minute while driving
Also it makes an unusually sound whenever I press my brake in a go slow area.

I spoke to my mechanic about the issue for a while now but he still hasn’t seen a solution
He said something in the gear has issues that’s why it jerks to the front while in motion
Also about the loud noise he said the vehicle doesn’t have catalyst.

Finally the sound I hear whenever I press the brake comes from the right hand side front tire, he told me it’s the shock absorber
I gave him money to purchase a new one
But the problem still persists.

I just want to ask for help in this forum to recommend a solution or to refer me to a good Lexus mechanic in Lagos or Abeokuta
I’d be glad to hear from you guys
Thanks.

The problem you’re facing requires physical painstaking diagnosis, remote diagnosis is unavailable. Recommendation on who to meet for such diagnosis is unavailable.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by penxpression: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
Dear Gurus,

What could make gear not to pump oil even after replacing the pump and converter to another tokunbo.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by NameError(m): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hello guys, I'd start by appreciating the contributors on this thread. This is my first car (Hyundai Accent 2005) and the posts here have been greatly helpful.

Before now, the aforementioned vehicle was used for UBER and endured a couple of accidents (mostly front) by the handler. Fast track to now; today my AC guy noticed the compressor wiring had been removed and he fixed this with tape, the AC is now working (as it last month it only blows air - hot air), but I noticed the car overheats on a 10 mins drive with the AC indicator at 3 after this fix. (issue #1)

I replaced the battery (75AH before and now) so it should be enough to carry the compressor but I do not understand what's wrong. I only use the car to my gym place and back home, and my area is pretty much a slope, so I've had to pushed the accelerator all the way back to climb up. (issue #2) - I do not have to push that hard on a Highlander 2020 I occasionally drive, in the same area.

I would appreciate solutions/guides for both issues. I am still trying to get a trusted mechanic but I need to get useful tips on here before going for repairs tomorrow. Thank you.

Car model: Hyundai Accent 2005.
Years in operation (car): 10-15 years (bought as new).
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
penxpression:
Dear Gurus,

What could make gear not to pump oil even after replacing the pump and converter to another tokunbo.
1. That’s how Opel Scorpio operates.
2. That’s what Village people does.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
NameError:
Hello guys, I'd start by appreciating the contributors on this thread. This is my first car (Hyundai Accent 2005) and the posts here have been greatly helpful.

Before now, the aforementioned vehicle was used for UBER and endured a couple of accidents (mostly front) by the handler. Fast track to now; today my AC guy noticed the compressor wiring had been removed and he fixed this with tape, the AC is now working (as it last month it only blows air - hot air), but I noticed the car overheats on a 10 mins drive with the AC indicator at 3 after this fix. (issue #1)

I replaced the battery (75AH before and now) so it should be enough to carry the compressor but I do not understand what's wrong. I only use the car to my gym place and back home, and my area is pretty much a slope, so I've had to pushed the accelerator all the way back to climb up. (issue #2) - I do not have to push that hard on a Highlander 2020 I occasionally drive, in the same area.

I would appreciate solutions/guides for both issues. I am still trying to get a trusted mechanic but I need to get useful tips on here before going for repairs tomorrow. Thank you.

Car model: Hyundai Accent 2005.
Years in operation (car): 10-15 years (bought as new).

Issue 2. Your powertrain may be showing signs of tiredness, old age and weakness in outputs hence the throttle to the metal when plying that slope. My response here is just me trying to understand and paint a mental scenario of what’s happening. That said, pls have the car checked by a competent mechanic.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by CruzJoe(m): 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
pls experts, what's the cause of this in a tier?
what will the mechanic work on, to correct it from chopping another new tier when changed.

Note: the other side of the car tier is still very okey, no single chopping. Only this driver side is chopped.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
CruzJoe:
pls experts, what's the cause of this in a tier?
what will the mechanic work on, to correct it from chopping another new tier when changed.

Note: the other side of the car tier is still very okey, no single chopping. Only this driver side is chopped.

One or more of your arms or bushing is bad. If your car has adjustable camber settings, you may have to correct the camber angle. Please what car is this?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by OmobaDe10th(m): 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2023
My vehicle is Toyota Camry 2.2

Problems:
*It was unable to climb hills and runs very heavy. *Guzzles fuel.
* Lags during acceleration

NOW:
1. I stopped using 5W-30
2. Done servicing as directed by the mechanics.
(Changed plugs, Nozzles, changed plugs coils).
3. I cleaned and welded exhaust/silencer.

OBSERVATIONS
*But still unable to accelarate very well.
* fuel Consumption is still high
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
OmobaDe10th:
My vehicle is Toyota Camry 2.2

Problems:
*It was unable to climb hills and runs very heavy. *Guzzles fuel.
* Lags during acceleration

NOW:
1. I stopped using 5W-30
2. Done servicing as directed by the mechanics.
(Changed plugs, Nozzles, changed plugs coils).
3. I cleaned and welded exhaust/silencer.

OBSERVATIONS
*But still unable to accelarate very well.
* fuel Consumption is still high
You don check and settle with village people?

Pls scan that car and post codes here. We will remotely assist you resolve the issue.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chrispapi11(m): 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2023
Hi Boss,

I use a camry 2003/2004, I noticed that once I start the car and I but it in Drive mode it doesn't select onetime but if I put it in Reverse mode it picks immediately.

What could be the issue
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lolajoshua: 12:21am On Jan 14, 2023
TOYOTA HIGHLANDER NEEDED ON HIRE PURCHASE (WITH REASONABLE DEPOSIT)

If you can give out a car on hire purchase, please contact me on 08038272664.
Kindly help a brother
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mejai(m): 5:50am On Jan 14, 2023
kingreign:

Get the leak sorted out, then replace the shift solenoid
Done and issue solved. Gear selects smoothly.
Once again, A FAT THANK YOU.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:30am On Jan 14, 2023
mejai:

Done and issue solved. Gear selects smoothly.
Once again, A FAT THANK YOU.

You’re welcome Sir.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:31am On Jan 14, 2023
chrispapi11:
Hi Boss,

I use a camry 2003/2004, I noticed that once I start the car and I but it in Drive mode it doesn't select onetime but if I put it in Reverse mode it picks immediately.

What could be the issue

Check if sump has been knocked upwards, also check if transmission filter is dirty or low. Drain and fill with recommended ATF. If symptoms persists, pls, change gearbox.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chrispapi11(m): 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
kingreign:

Check if sump has been knocked upwards, also check if transmission filter is dirty or low. Drain and fill with recommended ATF. If symptoms persists, pls, change gearbox.

Thanks boss , I'll follow your guide
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by gratefulheart(m): 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
What can make Hyundai Elantra 2014 not to start? They have check the smart key, fuse box, smart key box and still the same. Please, what can be done?

kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tabisegroup(m): 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2023
tabisegroup:
Greetings!!

Please my Toyota Camry 1997/1998 is giving me headache. If I park the car in an open space where there's direct sunlight or if I drive it for let's say close to an hour, the mileage digits will clear off, disappear and the gear will no longer select until I drive to where there's shade and park for an hour before the mileage digits comes up again. If not, i will just be firing gear one all along.

What's the solution please?

At the end of the day, after a year of headache on this issue, I ended up replacing the entire clock and meter cluster @18k.
I can now drive my car to anywhere with no fear even in a hot sun of 1000 degree Celsius �

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Alaka96(m): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hello, I notice my Honda Crv 1999 don't have the front stabilizer bar and linkages,
does it come stock without it
and any one with similar model
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
Alaka96:
Hello, I notice my Honda Crv 1999 don't have the front stabilizer bar and linkages,
does it come stock without it
and any one with similar model

Plot had been deleted from the car at one point in time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.