Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98111 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by pegix(m): 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
smart2precise:
Good day house, I drive Opel Zafira 99/2000 model, manual drive. I discovered it is consuming more than expected fuel. I have been referred to two experts but they wouldn't give a specific reason it is doing so. Though I just replaced the engine not quite long and I have been noticing this issue since i replaced it. What could likely be the problem and the solution please?.
nozzles,mass airflow meter
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ModelCity: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2023
looking for what car to buy, join other impending car owners in this WhatsApp group

o9o86594861

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bizzyliss(m): 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
AbelAbdul:
I didn't see a single oil.
better check for leakages
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Mayeldah(m): 10:08am On Aug 09, 2023
I need a good auto electrician on the Lagos Mainland, any good suggestion will be appreciated
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2023
ModelCity:
looking for what car to buy, join other impending car owners in this WhatsApp group

o9o86594861

Stop this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2023
Mayeldah:
I need a good auto electrician on the Lagos Mainland, any good suggestion will be appreciated
Location on mainland?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Mayeldah(m): 10:21am On Aug 09, 2023
kingreign:

Location on mainland?

Isolo/Oke - afa area
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2023
Mayeldah:

Isolo/Oke - afa area

Those lagosians will come help you out.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by uncleck: 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
Good evening comrades. Please are there light weight AC Compressors that use less engine power?

My AC takes too much of engine power. While idling, the steering vibrates. On low speed especially on bad roads, the engine can go off. Sometimes it will cause overheating. It has one time damaged my alternator.

Although it chills quite well, the trouble is much. It's a manual 2005 Honda Civic
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Cyrealchimeh(m): 2:51am On Aug 10, 2023
I drive a Mazda 3 2005 model, 4 speed automatic transmission, and my fuel consumption is tearing my pocket meaning its on the high side, Now that a litre of fuel is above N500, Imagine the the rate I'll be buying fuel.
Performed a scan on it and the code are;

P0032
P0038
P0118
P0126
P0134
P0303
P0462
P2004

Secondly, each time I shift to reverse I hear a sound, like a jerk sound before the car will reverse.
Please what's the meaning of that sound I'm hearing ?
Is it something to fix quickly ?
Please help ..
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:53am On Aug 10, 2023
Cyrealchimeh:
I drive a Mazda 3 2005 model, 4 speed automatic transmission, and my fuel consumption is tearing my pocket meaning its on the high side, Now that a litre of fuel is above N500, Imagine the the rate I'll be buying fuel.

P0032
P0038
P0118
P0126
P0134
P0303
P0462
P2004

Secondly, each time I shift to reverse I hear a sound, like a jerk sound before the car will reverse.
Please help ..

Clear codes, drive for some days and rescan
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Cyrealchimeh(m): 6:02am On Aug 10, 2023
kingreign:

Clear codes, drive for some days and rescan

Ok sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Cyrealchimeh(m): 6:06am On Aug 10, 2023
Cyrealchimeh:

P0032
P0038
P0118
P0126
P0134
P0303
P0462
P2004

Please help ..

What of the jerk sound. What could be happening ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:38am On Aug 10, 2023
Cyrealchimeh:

What of the jerk sound. What could be happening ?
Clear codes drive some days and rescan
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Parzival001(m): 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
Good day everyone, recently I had an overheating issue which caused the top gasket of my car to burn. So I had to replace the gasket and change oil cos oil and water got mixed. After that, I drove some distance from the mechanic shop and oil alert popped up, idk why this alert is showing cos I literally just changed the oil, I had to drive back to the mechanic but it was too late so he said I should bring it back tomorrow. On my way to the mechanic shop today, the battery alert popped and Parked me on the road, had to jumpstart to car then drove it to the mechanic. Please guys, what’s wrong with this car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
Parzival001:
Good day everyone, recently I had an overheating issue which caused the top gasket of my car to burn. So I had to replace the gasket and change oil cos oil and water got mixed. After that, I drove some distance from the machanic shop and oil alert popped up, idk why this alert is showing cos I literally just changed to oil, I had to drive back to the mechanic but it was too late so he said I should bring it back tomorrow. On my way to the mechanic shop today, the battery alert popped and Parked me on the road, had to jumpstart to car then drove it to the mechanic. Please guys, what’s wrong with this car?

Your car suppose get name nah.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Parzival001(m): 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Your car suppose get name nah.
Sorry brother, it’s a Corolla 2014

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2023
Parzival001:
Good day everyone, recently I had an overheating issue which caused the top gasket of my car to burn. So I had to replace the gasket and change oil cos oil and water got mixed. After that, I drove some distance from the mechanic shop and oil alert popped up, idk why this alert is showing cos I literally just changed the oil, I had to drive back to the mechanic but it was too late so he said I should bring it back tomorrow. On my way to the mechanic shop today, the battery alert popped and Parked me on the road, had to jumpstart to car then drove it to the mechanic. Please guys, what’s wrong with this car?
Ask your mechanic to go over the job.
Probably an oversight error with your wiring harness.
What car is this?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Parzival001(m): 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2023
jceesquare:

Ask your mechanic to go over the job.
Probably an oversight error with your wiring harness.
What car is this?
It's a corolla 2014
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sadamzy001: 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
My corolla Le 2011 remote control ceases for sometimes and then start working on it's own again. Currently it has stopped. I have taken it for check up and the electrician seems not to get what exactly is wrong. Any suggestion on possible ways to get this resolved ??
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mejai(m): 7:02am On Aug 12, 2023
After fixing P0141 ( I changed the sensor and everything seems fine). After some days, P1172 came on and refused to go. My fuel is going angry

Also P2184 is still there with double cell radiator. (How it was bought from the owner)

So between p2184 and p1172 who they chop my fuel? Honda Accord DC.
Tanx!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:04am On Aug 13, 2023
Sadamzy001:
My corolla Le 2011 remote control ceases for sometimes and then start working on it's own again. Currently it has stopped. I have taken it for check up and the electrician seems not to get what exactly is wrong. Any suggestion on possible ways to get this resolved ??

Is it a factory remote or an aftermarket part?
Have your locksmith/key programmer check it.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:05am On Aug 13, 2023
mejai:
After fixing P0141 ( I changed the sensor and everything seems fine). After some days, P1172 came on and refused to go. My fuel is going angry

Also P2184 is still there with double cell radiator. (How it was bought from the owner)

Tanx!

Both
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
Parzival001:

It's a corolla 2014
belt
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
mejai:

Tanx!
your problems are simple and straight forward. The oxygen sensor is about 8k. Also replace engine coolant temperature sensor. But before changing both of them, make sure their harness is in tact.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mejai(m): 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
chukel:
your problems are simple and straight forward. The oxygen sensor is about 8k. Also replace engine coolant temperature sensor. But before changing both of them, make sure their harness is in tact.
It's not up to 2weeks I bought the sensor. The initial code(p0141) cleared off. Till now the code is no more. But the P1172 showed up few days ago. Each time I cleared it off, it comes up. I think I will check the wires.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mejai(m): 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
kingreign:

Both
Wow.
It's not up to 2weeks I bought the sensor. The initial code(p0141) cleared off. Till now the code is no more. But the P1172 showed up few days ago. Each time I cleared it off, it comes up. I think I will check the wires.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Onyeka546: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hi good day, pls I drive Hyundai Elantra 2010 model.. lately, it keeps coming out of gear while driving and sometimes it just goes off..my mechanic says it's gear oil shortage but since we changed the gear oil and top it, I noticed that oil keep dropping from under the car, and the car still continues to come out of gear while driving..
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
mejai:

Wow.

Check wire. But are you sure your mechanic has not exchanged it ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
Onyeka546:
Hi good day, pls I drive Hyundai Elantra 2010 model.. lately, it keeps coming out of gear while driving and sometimes it just goes off..my mechanic says it's gear oil shortage but since we changed the gear oil and top it, I noticed that oil keep dropping from under the car, and the car still continues to come out of gear while driving..

1 which gear oil did you use?
2 did you own replace or clean the filter when changing the gear oil?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mejai(m): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2023
Dozieson:

Check wire. But are you sure your mechanic has not exchanged it ?

I don't think so. But I will pull it out and check.
Probably let the person I bought it from look into it. Thanks all
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Onyeka546: 7:36am On Aug 14, 2023
Manuella4ace:

1 which gear oil did you use?
2 did you own replace or clean the filter when changing the gear oil?

1. I use Holt's anti-wear ATF
2. I also changed the oil filter with new one

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.