Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98614 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
kingreign:

Yes pls,
These are the effects of using only water in your car cooling system::

Water corrodes metal, it doesn't contain lubricant properties to lubricate the water pump, it contains deposits & minerals which block thin passages in cooling system, and water isn't sufficient as a coolant in extreme cold or hot temps.
The coolant is red/ pinkish but the only available colour is green.
What do I do
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Sirchiboy:
The coolant is red/ pinkish but the only available colour is green.
What do I do

This is what you should get

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jammyboi(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
kingreign:

Your location matters
it is Lagos , that Magodo side
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2023
kingreign:

This is what you should get
How much bro
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
jammyboi:

it is Lagos , that Magodo side

Your mechanic should get it from a part seller on your behalf
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
Sirchiboy:
How much bro

Location matters.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
kingreign:

Location matters.
Let me know the market price
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Let me know the market price
No, market prices differs by location.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jammyboi(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2023
kingreign:

Your mechanic should get it from a part seller on your behalf
thank you.
In all honesty, I don't trust him because after seeing the code he immediately advised me to changed the catalyst in bank 1. when was discussing with people, I got to discover it is a trick to get me to remove the OEM and install china catalyst. then they would go and sell the OEM for their own profit, and the car might start developing issues along the line.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:25am On Jul 24, 2023
jammyboi:

thank you.
In all honesty, I don't trust him because after seeing the code he immediately advised me to changed the catalyst in bank 1. when was discussing with people, I got to discover it is a trick to get me to remove the OEM and install china catalyst. then they would go and sell the OEM for their own profit, and the car might start developing issues along the line.
Don't you think it's in your best interest to all together avoid visiting a technician who you do not trust?

A mechanic fixes the car that you put yourself, your family and loved ones into and travel at a considerably high speed.
Incase you don't know, it's like trusting him with your life and those of your loved ones, yet you can't trust him for money or parts?
.it's an ironic situation or do I ignore this very dangerous picture I'm visualizing?

Personally, I don't joke with people that handle my food, health and legal matters. If any iota of doubt creeps in, I push the person involve aside all together. Your Mechanic and part seller too should make these group of persons.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by k12cambel(f): 11:11am On Jul 25, 2023
Good morning everyone.
Please i do need some help on what to do about the issues i am facing.
I have a corolla 2009 and i recently noticed the below code when i scanned the car.
P0172
P0420
P043E
P043F
P2401
P2402
P2419
P2757

The only thing that i have noticed is that the car consume fuel alot for a corolla. Apart from that, it drives smoothly.
Please i do appreciate if you help me analyze this code and tell me which is most severe for me to fix immediately.
I don't want to of not fixing any issue on time. I am still suffering for the PTSD of the car engine that i later had to change.

Thanks so much guys
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2023
k12cambel:
Good morning everyone.
Please i do need some help on what to do about the issues i am facing.
I have a corolla 2009 and i recently noticed the below code when i scanned the car.
P0172
P0420
P043E
P043F
P2401
P2402
P2419
P2757

The only thing that i have noticed is that the car consume fuel alot for a corolla. Apart from that, it drives smoothly.
Please i do appreciate if you help me analyze this code and tell me which is most severe for me to fix immediately.
I don't want to of not fixing any issue on time. I am still suffering for the PTSD of the car engine that i later had to change.

Thanks so much guys

Clear the codes and drive for some days accumulating over 50km distance then rescan again and post codes.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by leverage12(m): 9:33pm On Jul 25, 2023
My toyota sienna 1999 consumes 35 litres on 100km. Is it normal or abnormal please? And whats the possible solution?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:41am On Jul 26, 2023
leverage12:
My toyota sienna 1999 consumes 35 litres on 100km. Is it normal or abnormal please? And whats the possible solution?

Scan and post codes let's know what's wrong
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by bovo(m): 3:57am On Jul 26, 2023
My 2010 Honda accord V6 engine makes this loud clicking sound on cold start-up.

The sound eventually dies down when the engine gets warm but I worry.

Mech says to remind him on next service to remove and wash some filter beneath the oils sump but can't wait that long.

I stay in Abesan estate ipaja axis.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2023
bovo:

Mech says to remind him on next service to remove and wash some filter beneath the oils sump but can't wait that long.

Better go fix it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kokomo: 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2023
bovo:

I understand your concern about the loud clicking sound in your 2010 Honda Accord V6 engine during cold start-up. It's essential to address this issue promptly to prevent any potential damage.

While waiting for your next service, you can take some immediate steps:

Check your engine oil level: Ensure that the engine oil level is at the recommended level on the dipstick. Low oil levels can sometimes cause unusual engine noises.

Observe any other symptoms: Pay attention to any other symptoms like loss of power, unusual exhaust smoke, or engine performance issues. These can provide additional clues to the problem.

Avoid aggressive driving: Until the issue is resolved, avoid putting unnecessary stress on the engine by driving aggressively.

Schedule an earlier inspection: If the noise persists or you notice any other concerning symptoms, try to schedule an earlier inspection with your mechanic. They can identify the root cause of the noise and take appropriate action.

Research reputable mechanics: Look for reputable mechanics in your area who can diagnose and fix the issue properly.

Since you're in Abesan estate, Ipaja axis, you might want to inquire about nearby auto repair shops or authorized Honda service centers that can help you with the problem.

Remember, addressing engine issues promptly can prevent potential complications and ensure the longevity of your vehicle.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 6:34am On Jul 27, 2023
bovo:

Just look for @jceesquare. He is at abule egba.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdemu: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
Kokomo:

I understand your concern about the loud clicking sound in your 2010 Honda Accord V6 engine during cold start-up. It's essential to address this issue promptly to prevent any potential damage.

While waiting for your next service, you can take some immediate steps:

Check your engine oil level: Ensure that the engine oil level is at the recommended level on the dipstick. Low oil levels can sometimes cause unusual engine noises.

Observe any other symptoms: Pay attention to any other symptoms like loss of power, unusual exhaust smoke, or engine performance issues. These can provide additional clues to the problem.

Avoid aggressive driving: Until the issue is resolved, avoid putting unnecessary stress on the engine by driving aggressively.

Schedule an earlier inspection: If the noise persists or you notice any other concerning symptoms, try to schedule an earlier inspection with your mechanic. They can identify the root cause of the noise and take appropriate action.

Research reputable mechanics: Look for reputable mechanics in your area who can diagnose and fix the issue properly.

Since you're in Abesan estate, Ipaja axis, you might want to inquire about nearby auto repair shops or authorized Honda service centers that can help you with the problem.

Remember, addressing engine issues promptly can prevent potential complications and ensure the longevity of your vehicle.
I can smell ChatGPT even from a far distance....lol cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ddooskie(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, I have a '97 pencil light Camry automatic transmission that my mechanic helped change the gear oil last week Thursday (first time I'd be changing the gear oil after using for over a year though we top it occasionally - it's a first car)

On Sunday 23rd July, I noticed it wasn't getting into reverse gear when I wanted to park and I called the mechanic but he was out of town. When I got back home I tried again to park with reverse and laboured to move it, reversing wasn't smooth, it jerks.

On Monday it reversed smoothly without jerks. I still notified the mechanic he then said that he will call someone whose expertise is in gears and will ask him to come and check the car. Reversing was smooth yesterday Wednesday too.

Although I plan to sell the car by November/December for another ride but I don't want mechanic to fleece me unnecessarily before then. Between Sunday and now, no mechanic has checked it because I am always busy at work and I would like to be present when they are checking it for faults.

Please I need your contributions on this, is it something that can be corrected without need of gear replacement, I want to be armed with information before any mechanic touch it.

Thank you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by becky39000(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2023
Can anybody help me on the price estimate for a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor for a 2007 Canry.

Location is Lagos.

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2023
ddooskie:
Good afternoon everyone, I have a '97 pencil light Camry automatic transmission that my mechanic helped change the gear oil last week Thursday (first time I'd be changing the gear oil after using for over a year though we top it occasionally - it's a first car)

On Sunday 23rd July, I noticed it wasn't getting into reverse gear when I wanted to park and I called the mechanic but he was out of town. When I got back home I tried again to park with reverse and laboured to move it, reversing wasn't smooth, it jerks.

On Monday it reversed smoothly without jerks. I still notified the mechanic he then said that he will call someone whose expertise is in gears and will ask him to come and check the car. Reversing was smooth yesterday Wednesday too.

Although I plan to sell the car by November/December for another ride but I don't want mechanic to fleece me unnecessarily before then. Between Sunday and now, no mechanic has checked it because I am always busy at work and I would like to be present when they are checking it for faults.

Please I need your contributions on this, is it something that can be corrected without need of gear replacement, I want to be armed with information before any mechanic touch it.

Thank you.
Yes it can.
What's your location.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
vivalavida:

Just look for @jceesquare. He is at abule egba.
Thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdemu: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
ddooskie:

Thank you.
What transmission oil was used?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Germanhunter(m): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hello, I bought a very good car with a good engine but the legs are killing me
I hate the noise , my passenger side seem lower than the driver side .. paid for shock .. the guy scammed me … I need help
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
Germanhunter:
Hello, I bought a very good car with a good engine but the legs are killing me
I hate the noise , my passenger side seem lower than the driver side .. paid for shock .. the guy scammed me … I need help

What brand, model and year is the car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Germanhunter(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2023
kingreign:

What brand, model and year is the car?

Camry 03
(Big for nothing,big daddy)
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2023
Germanhunter:

Camry 03
(Big for nothing,big daddy)
Was it involved in an accident that affected that part of the suspension area, check the bushings if they are bad or tyre has been cut and used, check if the lower control arm is okay, avoid buying used or tokumbo shocks, invest in a good brand new shocks.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Germanhunter(m): 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2023
kingreign:

Was it involved in an accident that affected that part of the suspension area, check the bushings if they are bad or tyre has been cut and used, check if the lower control arm is okay, avoid buying used or tokumbo shocks, invest in a good brand new shocks.

No accidents
Lower control arm is ?
I have good tires
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2023
Germanhunter:

No accidents
Lower control arm is ?
I have good tires

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ddooskie(m): 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
jceesquare:

Yes it can.
What's your location.

Thanks for replying, Ile-Ife, Osun state.

Kingdemu:
What transmission oil was used?

Holts

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Iknowhow: 7:21am On Jul 28, 2023
Benz ML 400 started showing a dashboard warning to replace the coolant.
I have done that multiple times but I noticed it still keeps shorting the coolant after a few drive.
My office maintenance mechanic has checked and scanned but can not find any leakage anywhere and all the monitors look good and have no overheating.
So I am currently confused and need good hand to check and fix it

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.