Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (99035 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
Corrolla 2011 is making noise on bad roads.
It started two weeks ago when it enter water.
They applied oil on the bushing and stopped.
Yesterday it started again.
This started after the back bushing was changed.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2023
kingreign:

Your location matters, state of the part also matters too.
Do you need new aftermarket or OEM or tokunbo?
Hello boss..
My alternator belt normally cuts. I was told that my belt adjuster for was faulty. I replaced the adjuster yet the belt still cuts.
The mechanic said I should buy a shorter belt I bought it cut. He said I should a longer one I bought still cut.
The mechanic has checked all the pulleys are ok and they aligned.
What could really be the cause of this issue?
The car is Honda Civic 06
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Hello boss..
My alternator belt normally cuts. I was told that my belt adjuster for was faulty. I replaced the adjuster yet the belt still cuts.
The mechanic said I should buy a shorter belt I bought it cut. He said I should a longer one I bought still cut.
Have another better qualified technician check it thrn buy Genuine V belt.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2023
kingreign:

Have another better qualified technician check it thrn buy Genuine V belt.
I've been buying new belts. I'm advised to buy Belgium belt. Thanks for your response
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Hello boss..

Google for the diagram of how the belt should be installed, maybe your mechanic installed belt wrongly

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by aka4luv2002(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2023
Good evening sir, please I'm driving a Toyota camry 05 and if I want to put the gear to drive instead pressing the nob at the head of the gear normally, I will press the black button that is below the gear before I move the gear to drive mode after that I can move it to any gear selection position either R, P or N.

Please I want to ask what might be the cause that when I press the nob on the head of the gear it won't work and the gear won't move to selector or gear position I want it to go, I must alway press the black hole first which was not supposed to be like that, can you advise and I have attached the picture of the part of the black button am talking about on this my post. Thanks

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:29am On Aug 20, 2023
aka4luv2002:

Please I want to ask what might be the cause that when I press the nob on the head of the gear it won't work and the gear won't move to selector or gear position I want it to go, I must alway press the black hole first which was not supposed to be like that, can you advise and I have attached the picture of the part of the black button am talking about on this my post. Thanks

You need to check your brake lights, If they're all burnt, it can cause it.
Also your brake switch may be defective. If you check it and it's fine, have a technician che k that gear selector.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Lawalemi(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2023
I have Mazda Premacy Year 2000 model that has worked over two years. A rugged car it is for pulling through mud and rough roads.
Days ago, the front wheels stopped on motion and tyre skid like I applied brake suddenly. Once I stopped, it begins to move normally. At first, my mechanic said it was brake pad which we check and nothing seems wrong. We suspected caliper but its intact.
I was lucky this happen while driving at 30km/hr.
Please what do you suspect because mechanic said I should drive it and let him know if it continues?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by niyoni: 10:50am On Aug 20, 2023
Hello @kingreign.

Please do you know any competent and honest mechanic that can work on my 2008 Lexus Rx 350 in the Ajah area of Lagos?

It's seriously shorting coolant, has a consistent misfire in cylinder 2 and white smoke emits from the exhaust pipe.

I suspect it needs an head gasket job.

Any suggestions?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2023
niyoni:
Hello @kingreign.

Please do you know any competent and honest mechanic that can work on my 2008 Lexus Rx 350 in the Ajah area of Lagos?

It's seriously shorting coolant, has a consistent misfire in cylinder 2 and white smoke emits from the exhaust pipe.

I suspect it needs an head gasket job.

Any suggestions?

DM 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by niyoni: 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
Okay.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by niyoni: 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
kingreign:

DM 07034581213

Okay.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by flex12(m): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2023
Dear All,

Please I need advice with my vehicle. For about three days now, I've been experiencing inconsistent gear selection with my 07 Honda Civic.

Most times it moves and select automatically, and at times the gear struggles for about a minute or thereabout before switching to the next gear.

Kindly advice

Kingreign Gazzuzz
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by haykinzz(m): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2023
So guys I’m using Camry spider 2014, hv been using the car for 2yrs bought it as toks. Whenever I service my car I do use good 5months before I start noticing any shortage in oil though I don’t travel only go to work and come back. Then recently due to some family stuff hv been traveling a lot this is the second time in space of 4 or 5 weeks I will be changing the oil. I first thought it was fake Mobil, I changed to hardex gold in 2 weeks after changing to hardex the oil level has almost gotten to the second line though hv been traveling a lot recently . Mechanic checked and said there was no leakage that it’s the way spider was built, it consumes a lot of oil. Please I need your opinions guys. Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by aka4luv2002(m): 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2023
kingreign:

You need to check your brake lights, If they're all burnt, it can cause it.
Also your brake switch may be defective. If you check it and it's fine, have a technician che k that gear selector.

Thank you for the reply, yes the brake light are faulty will change it and if it continues will check the gear selector thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2023
flex12:
Dear All,

Please I need advice with my vehicle. For about three days now, I've been experiencing inconsistent gear selection with my 07 Honda Civic.

Most times it moves and select automatically, and at times the gear struggles for about a minute or thereabout before switching to the next gear.

Kindly advice

Kingreign Gazzuzz

Scan post codes, also take tip stick and place tip let fluid drop on a white background for us to see, we will help you with what to do.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2023
aka4luv2002:

Thank you for the reply, yes the brake light are faulty will change it and if it continues will check the gear selector thanks

Check fuse and relays too.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2023
haykinzz:
So guys I’m using Camry spider 2014, hv been using the car for 2yrs bought it as toks. Whenever I service my car I do use good 5months before I start noticing any shortage in oil though I don’t travel only go to work and come back. Then recently due to some family stuff hv been traveling a lot this is the second time in space of 4 or 5 weeks I will be changing the oil. I first thought it was fake Mobil, I changed to hardex gold in 2 weeks after changing to hardex the oil level has almost gotten to the second line though hv been traveling a lot recently . Mechanic checked and said there was no leakage that it’s the way spider was built, it consumes a lot of oil. Please I need your opinions guys. Thanks

Does your car emit bluish smokes when you start in morning?

Yes alot of complaints on the camry with 4 cylinder engines
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Tblax: 5:11am On Aug 21, 2023
Greetings great mind!

I use camry 2007 LE, when I returned from church yesterday and parked my car without any issue. Only to noticed later in the day when I wanted to go out that the drive gear doesn't move forward, it was like everything was on reverse mode. I had to switch off the engine, waited few minutes and switched it on again but was surprised the kick or engine did not make a sound and other electrical functions like headlamps, dashboard and radiator fan works.

Please I need urgent help, am in Owerri.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2023
Tblax:
Greetings great mind!

I use camry 2007 LE, when I returned from church yesterday and parked my car without any issue. Only to noticed later in the day when I wanted to go out that the drive gear doesn't move forward, it was like everything was on reverse mode. I had to switch off the engine, waited few minutes and switched it on again but was surprised the kick or engine did not make a sound and other electrical functions like headlamps, dashboard and radiator fan works.

Remote diagnosis unavailable, have someone competent to check it and fix it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
Tblax:
Greetings great mind!

Pamtech is close to you in Owerri.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Tblax: 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
Thank you for your response, it was actually the gear selector and it has been fixed by capable technician.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:18am On Aug 22, 2023
Tblax:
Thank you for your response, it was actually the gear selector and it has been fixed by capable technician.

You're welcome
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olaboyeh(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Hello boss..

this isn't a strange situation with that 06 civic... that belt showed me pepper. one of the cars to scared me with honda. change adjuster sha.. and buy original belt.. it'd last longer
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by figment232(m): 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2023
my 4runner jeep has this clicking noise each time i accelerate
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2023
figment232:
my 4runner jeep has this clicking noise each time i accelerate

Your description of the challenge is very vague.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by SeaTrade(m): 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
2011 highlander
Drains battery like mad!!!
Park it overnight and the next morning ,battery Is dead.
Have changed batteries multiple times to no avail.
Someone is telling me headlight relay bla bla bla but I really doubt it and don't want to waste money on trial and error.
Say the headlight relay na 80k
According to him,its the whole R column device in the fusebox in the picture below that keeps draining the battery,that it's not working bla bla bla...I don't know but I'm not too sure of what he's saying,even though I've never encountered such.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2023
SeaTrade:
2011 highlander
Someone is telling me headlight relay bla bla bla but I really doubt it and don't want to waste money on trial and error.
According to him,its the whole R column device in the fusebox in the picture below that keeps draining the battery,that it's not working bla bla bla...I don't know but I'm not too sure of what he's saying,even though I've never encountered such.

My guy nwanneni, I hail you brother, Send me message on whatsapp, if you dey PH, I go connect you to someone wey go tidy am for you. 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ThiagoKid(m): 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
SeaTrade:
2011 highlander
GAZZUZZ
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by SeaTrade(m): 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
kingreign:

My guy nwanneni, I hail you brother, Send me message on whatsapp, if you dey PH, I go connect you to someone wey go tidy am for you. 07034581213
I Don send am bro.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Stkingsley(m): 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2023
Bro, my Hyundai Santa Fe 2005 just stopped working as i was driving home on saturday. I thought it was fuel since the fuel gauge is faulty. So i went to get fuel, yet it refused to pick. It was just making the sound of a car that wants to start and after tazzuzuzuzu, the lights on the dashboard will show and it still wont start. So this mechanic told me the timing belt has cut.

I also wants to know whether Timing Belt causes a car not to accelerate properly. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: Obidikejr(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.