Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (99958 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by DaudaAbu(m): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2023
kingreign:

I don't have an idea sir.

Sorry my questions are all lumped up.

Is Oando dex III ATF an appropriate gear oil for yaris hatchback 2006?

My transmission oil is smelling burnt what could be the problem? The gear doesn't select.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2023
DaudaAbu:

Sorry my questions are all lumped up.

Is Oando dex III ATF an appropriate gear oil for yaris hatchback 2006?

My transmission oil is smelling burnt what could be the problem? The gear doesn't select.

Your car manufacturer states toyota type T-iV. Use only what the manufacturer stated sir.

As for gear not shifting, replace transmission.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by HustlingHustler: 8:23am On Sep 04, 2023
Were you able to fix the P0420 error? What did you do?
I am experiencing the same issue.
tony360:
Good evening, pls
1. my corolla 2006 shows error code p0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold when scanned. How can I fix it.
2. The fog light and parking light always stay on when the engine is running. Is there a way to switch it off at interval.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by UgoFly: 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
kingreign:

Was your fuel pump worked on?
If yes, check that it was fitted properly, check EVAP system and fuel lines.
The yardstick you use in measuring your fuel consumption is flawed.

Pls how can one check the fuel consumption of a honda civic?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2023
UgoFly:

Pls how can one check the fuel consumption of a honda civic?

Buy a full tank, reset the trip counter, allow it to drive to reserve, fill up and do same again taking note of the distance covered from full tank to empty. The calculation is given thus:

(Litres used X 100) ÷ km travelled = Litres per 100km.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by easyflow: 11:07am On Sep 05, 2023
What is the solution to check engine light (code P0137) in Camry
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
I greet you boss Kingreign

My car, a Toyota corolla 2009 S vibrates then makes this grinding sound when I accelerate.

Mostly happens when on the express when the speedometer is around that 60 range. Once it passes 60, it stops and drives normally

What could be the issue?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdolla: 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
Good day everyone... I noticed that when I was driving the D-Drive on my dashboard use to blink while driving, it will stop blinking after I off the engine and start it then continue again. What could it mean? I use Honda EOD 2005 4 cylinder
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dicksonadams(m): 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kingdolla:
Good day everyone... I noticed that when I was driving the D-Drive on my dashboard use to blink while driving, it will stop blinking after I off the engine and start it then continue again. What could it mean? I use Honda EOD 2005 4 cylinder

scan the transmission and share code, if possible stop driving it till you fix the problem
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdolla: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2023
dicksonadams:

scan the transmission and share code, if possible stop driving it till you fix the problem
okay thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
alaricsaltzman:
I greet you boss Kingreign

My car, a Toyota corolla 2009 S vibrates then makes this grinding sound when I accelerate.

Mostly happens when on the express when the speedometer is around that 60 range. Once it passes 60, it stops and drives normally

What could be the issue?

I cannot tell what's wrong or what's the cause. Have it checked by a competent technician pls. If you're in Abuja, feel free to bring it let me check it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nadingo: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
I have w202 C180 with a leaking spark plug wire in the 3rd cylinder that was sealed by a nylon tape. Car drives fine aside occasional noticeable jerks (not all the time) which shows that current is at times escaping or flow of current is being interrupted. As I said, car drives fine. Would you consider this an urgent repair or I can continue to manage the plug wire till I recover from school fees palaver? cry
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
Nadingo:
I have w202 C180 with a leaking spark plug wire in the 3rd cylinder that was sealed by a nylon tape. Car drives fine aside occasional noticeable jerks (not all the time) which shows that current is at times escaping or flow of current is being interrupted. As I said, car drives fine. Would you consider this an urgent repair or I can continue to manage the plug wire till I recover from school fees palaver? cry

Depends on what your priorities are.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nadingo: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
kingreign:

Depends on what your priorities are.
Got a belgium one for 3k. I pray it serves. Thanks.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MeGt: 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
Hi. My steering is quite stiff when I start the car. After just a few turns, it loosens up and becomes smooth. Should I be really worried pls?

PS: Don't know if it's a coincidence, but this started a day after the engine was washed.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:27am On Sep 06, 2023
MeGt:
Hi. My steering is quite stiff when I start the car. After just a few turns, it loosens up and becomes smooth. Should I be really worried pls?

PS: Don't know if it's a coincidence, but this started a day after the engine was washed.

Is this a MAN DIESEL TRUCK?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MeGt: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
kingreign:

Is this a MAN DIESEL TRUCK?

Kia Optima
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
MeGt:

Nope. Kia Optima

1992 model abi?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jpride(m): 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2023
My 2005 Toyota Picnic has transmission issue. It struggles trying to change gear and ascending hill. I noticed the speedometer is not working also.
When it struggle to a certain point, it begins to emit smoke. Sometimes I do perceive smell of gearbox oil.
Sometimes the gear indicator light shows Park and Drive/Neutral/Reverse at the same time. Please I need your assistance
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MeGt: 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2023
kingreign:

1992 model abi?

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2023
jpride:
My 2005 Toyota Picnic has transmission issue. It struggles trying to change gear and ascending hill. I noticed the speedometer is not working also.
When it struggle to a certain point, it begins to emit smoke. Sometimes I do perceive smell of gearbox oil.
Sometimes the gear indicator light shows Park and Drive/Neutral/Reverse at the same time. Please I need your assistance

Scan the car post codes here let's decide what to tell you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2023
MeGt:

Scan the ABS, chassis system.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by UgoFly: 9:54am On Sep 07, 2023
kingreign:

Buy a full tank, reset the trip counter, allow it to drive to reserve, fill up and do same again taking note of the distance covered from full tank to empty. The calculation is given thus:

(Litres used X 100) ÷ km travelled = Litres per 100km.

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by UgoFly: 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2023
A honda civic 2010 is always having fan belt issues. Something keeps damaginng the fan belt and it makes a terrible noise. A mechanic checked it and said it was a bolt from the steering so he had to remove the engine and to fix the bolt yet the fault is still persisting. Is this a regular problem with civic?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nurey(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
UgoFly:
A honda civic 2010 is always having fan belt issues. Something keeps damaginng the fan belt and it makes a terrible noise. A mechanic checked it and said it was a bolt from the steering so he had to remove the engine and to fix the bolt yet the fault is still persisting. Is this a regular problem with civic?

Yes but the issue is from the adjuster and if you buy fake belt. So first check the adjuster, then check the belt you are buying we have quality belt vendors here then ensure he fixes the belt in the right direct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trnn1JbquNo
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jamesversion: 8:09am On Sep 09, 2023
@Kingreign, is there a correlation between engine overheating and low fuel (yellow fuel light).
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2023
jamesversion:
@Kingreign, is there a correlation between engine overheating and low fuel (yellow fuel light).

I doubt.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2023
kingreign:

I doubt.
jamesversion:
A lean mixture would cause your engine to overheat.
A car that is running extremely lean would overheat and when you compound it with low fuel level, you make matters worse if you keep forcing the car to run that way.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jamesversion: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2023
jceesquare:

A car that is running extremely lean would overheat and when you compound it with low fuel level, you make matters worse if you keep forcing the car to run that way.

What is lean mixture please. I'm not used to that terminology.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2023
jamesversion:

What is lean mixture please. I'm not used to that terminology.
Means you have more air and less petrol in your combustion chamber.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jamesversion: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2023
jceesquare:

Means you have more air and less petrol in your combustion chamber.

Ok
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2023
jceesquare:

Lean mixture is as a result of failing AF sensor or MAF or bad fuel pump and not low fuel level.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (130) (Reply)

In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) / Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? / Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.