Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,225 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch (56685 Views)

Mum Who Poisoned Ex-boyfriend's Porridge And Strangled Him Jailed For 115 Years / Paedophile Mum Who Had Sex With Her Daughter's Friends Jailed For 102 Years! / The Girl That Was Flogged In The Viral Video, Here Is What Really Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by rusher14: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
chrisxxx:
In my community anyone who lives in abject poverty is often feared a witch. Children should endeavor to take care of their parents so that no one erroneously judges them to be witch.

I think the people need education rather.

1 Like

Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Arielle: 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
Koralords:
That's why God punish us with bad leaders ,cos most of us wicked pass the people leading us
Very true.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by rusher14: 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
SmartPolician:

There are witches and wizards everywhere.

If you think they don't exist, that means you never jam.

There are evil people everywhere, especially in villages.

This doesn't in a way exonerate or indict the woman in question.

Why are they in the villages?

Because PawPaw tree dey there abi?
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by oloriooko(m): 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
which part of Abia state be this?

oriskenny16:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6J9hHsd6w
After watching a viral video of her mother getting flogged over allegations of being a witch, a daughter rushed down from Lagos to Abia state.

In a heartbreaking video, she cried bitterly as her mother raised her hands for her to see. The video has stirred emotions online.

"But how can this still be happening in this century?", a man reacted to the sad video.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by delpee(f): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2022
Witchcraft may exist as it is also part of the history of the developed world. However, in most cases in Nigeria, it's more of superstition and lack of willingness to find reasons behind situations logically or scientifically. That's why people thought kids dying early in the olden days were abikus while in reality, it was mostly due to poorly managed childhood diseases. Inoculations (BCG et al) reduced that.

Most elderly people are merely suffering from dementia. They sometimes forget everything about themselves and say odd things. Sometimes, wicked people who have scores to settle with them and knowing their circumstances, give them a bad name to hang them. It's a great pity. The elderly need a lot of care not harassment and humiliation.

There's an agency for the care of the elderly known as National Senior Citizens Centre. They're linked to the nation's primary healthcare centres. Perhaps they should be informed for assistance when things like this happen.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Midas01: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
You know this how? If you don't know much about a subject better keep quiet so you don't go sounding like a broken record.

Witchcraft is very real.
obotblitz:

It's not real. That's the belief that fuels the myth.
Real civilized people don't believe that shht
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Winning123: 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
You are the fool here for thinking it only exist in Africa. If it only exists in Africa, how come the word is in the English lexicon? Always think before you put you comment.

Nonexisting1:
Witchcraft exists only in Africa because we have more fools here than normal people.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Aoen: 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
It's so very sympathetic, but rather pathetic.
Bandits and kidnapper's do go free, but innocent Nigerians are punished by fellow Nigerians. Please we need the witches n wizards now more than ever.,

1 Like

Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by BaddestQueen(f): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
You'll not see baddestqueen in this kind of thread.

Onye Dibia lipsrsealed
angry
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
Corridon:
Majority of Nigerians are wicked. That's the fact.
That's an understatement

1 Like

Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by SteadyGrinding: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
danjumaisah:
I don't support molestation, however, witchcraft is real irrespective of civilization.

God bless you. Nah me know wetin my eye don see
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by SteadyGrinding: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
obotblitz:

You're still a baby. Remember age is just a number. I know many stupid people
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by SteadyGrinding: 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
Angrygoat:
Harrison shut the fuc k up. She might be a witch but of lower rank in coven. Odeh

God bless you my brother.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
Aoen:
It's so very sympathetic, but rather pathetic.
Bandits and kidnapper's do go free, but innocent Nigerians are punished by fellow Nigerians. Please we need the witches n wizards now more than ever.,
Honestly!
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by uuzba(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
obotblitz:

Well, look, anybody can go under a tree and be chanting nonsense everyday.
That one is real
But whether all their chanting, actually has any effect on anybody else, is left to be contested.
devil is always looking for whom to posses.
So whether, that person makes devil to posses you, or you yourself foolishly allow devil to posses you,
You must be cautious and always live in God's grace.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by SteadyGrinding: 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
TonyBby:
f

Bro, you dey mind those idiotic motherfuckers?, May GOD not allow them experience witchcraft.
I've experienced a lot and I've seen a lot, let em be thinking it's when you believe then that's when it happens to you. Her case might be false allegations, but never look down on witches.
If you're well confident witches ain't real, go to local villages, inside the market and shout in top of yo voice and say "their is no witches and nothing shall befall me, Jesus is with me". Walahi you'll regret cause Jesus no send you, you're nothing but a jive sissy.

In Yoruba Nigerian language ( Aje to ba ma pa omo je akiri eje lenue)

God bless you my brother. Remember age is just a number. Leave these kids to live their ignorant life and realise at old age when there's no strength to fight spiritual battle anymore. Then they start hating on kids of that generation for not regarding them

1 Like

Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by justuschi50: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
GeneralPula:
I blame her for living in the west amidst humans but leaving her mom to be living amidst Cannibals..

She should be thankful they’re yet to kill & chop her flesh..

Spiiit on Biafra cannibals..
wetin bring tribalism for the topic. Bastard like u deserve a painful death.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by SteadyGrinding: 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
UNDFTD:
Black folks and their STUPID beliefs. Black Africans are wallowing in ignorance and stupidity while other people are making advances in technology and dissecting ways on how to use it to solve mankind problems. Assuming she's a witch just for the sake of argument, must these people take the laws into their own soiled hands? Remember, "He who goes to equity must come with clean hands."

Get lost you foolish kid claiming woke. What do you know? Small pikin... Yen yen yen.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by SteadyGrinding: 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
delpee:
Witchcraft may exist as it is also part of the history of the developed world. However, in most cases in Nigeria, it's more of superstition and lack of willingness to find reasons behind situations logically or scientifically. That's why people thought kids dying early in the olden days were abikus while in reality, it was mostly due to poorly managed childhood diseases. Inoculations (BCG et al) reduced that.

Most elderly people are merely suffering from dementia. They sometimes forget everything about themselves and say odd things. Sometimes, wicked people who have scores to settle with them and knowing their circumstances, give them a bad name to hang them. It's a great pity. The elderly need a lot of care not harassment and humiliation.

There's an agency for the care of the elderly known as National Senior Citizens Centre. They're linked to the nation's primary healthcare centres. Perhaps they should be informed for assistance when things like this happen.

You're just a fool claiming woke. Better go and take your spiritual life serious before they get you. Because it's your kind they always attack because they know y'all are not spiritually oriented
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Corridon: 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

I thought its only politicians... Nigerians wicked
The politicians are still from our various communities.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by justuschi50: 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
marenalexander7:
Na biafra people..

That is how they live on stone age and be dragging Nigeria backwards.
Nigerian bastard what have we done to deserve this hatred. Give us Biafra u say no. Now u dey carry tribalism for this topic.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Corridon: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
Eniolohunda:

You are 100%Correct, that's why they kept having wicked leaders.
Leaders are the reflection of the people.

1 Like

Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Corridon: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
etrange:

Stretched, but I'm tempted to believe this. When Nigerians come to the West and see how people treat one other with respect, they say "these people are pretenders, we say it the way it is, we don't hide our feelings, we are blunt and we are hardened to take it all". Meanwhile, they're just being mean to each other.
Exactly.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Emmacolinho(m): 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
marenalexander7:
Na biafra people..

That is how they live on stone age and be dragging Nigeria backwards.
Why are you filled with so much hate Life is too short to spend on hate Bros give peace and happiness a chance to reign in your heart. You're just too bitter
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Mrkindness: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
dangerousd071:
I feel like crying

So abia state people still behave like bush people?

Let me see them compete nor drag things with Anambra people ka amadioha mapu unu nti

Tufiakwa
stupid afonja want to create a problem where there is non.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by SteadyGrinding: 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
Absolute rubbish! Total bullcrap! Spiritual eyes and Jesus my bottom! grin Jesus can lick my bum.

This is how some african negros think. Fuuls!

You should be 8years old. And this is fact
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
It’s barbaric so after trying to kill her she no die next thing she’s a witch ? Nonsense God Dey preserve peoples lives for a reason o but our village people na too chop you dem know o …you will know them by their Ogo.

Nne Do spirit will flog them on your behalf
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
danjumaisah:
I don't support molestation, however, witchcraft is real irrespective of civilization.
The initial story was that she had recently lost her husband and it was the late husband's sister who branded her a witch. That should tell you a whole lot!
I mean, they didn't allow her mourn her husband. It's rubbish! Witchcraft my foot
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Uqw1: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by dalass(f): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
Corridon:
Majority of Nigerians are wicked. That's the fact.

Did you see women there?

It's men who label innocent poor women witch and oppress them.She could have died..

Men have to stop this beastly acts undecided
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by Bar1941(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
Young lady take your mom back to LAGOS STATE, it's always been the safe haven for people from your region despite their ingratitude nature.
Re: Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch by latolz: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
Height of wickedness joblessness and cultural stupidity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram terrorists with villagers praying at 2019 Eid al-Fitr / Ritualists Murdered Bride Just 12days After Wedding: Family Insists (pic) / 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.