Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,397 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home (19444 Views)

Okada Ban: Who Is Experiencing This Thing In Lagos Of Late? / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Truck Had Brake Failure, Crashes Into A Building At Iyana-isolo (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by litaninja(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2022
I mean, let's just allow you arrive at conclusions without data. No studies, no sampling, no references, just vibes.
You're doing well.

SocialJustice:
You only want to argue ignorantly. I won't give you that privilege.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Cromagnon: 2:00am On Sep 08, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Not what I like. It's just the sheer laziness that my people cultivated over time. I schooled in the UK and the closest bus stop and train station to my hostel is like 2km away. I walk that atleast once to and fro everyday if I need to take the bus or train. And I'm not the only one that walk that distance. It's just a normal thing to do for everyone in the community.

You need to drop this archaic mentality of mounting behind a man just because you want to get to your bedroom. It's a very crude way of transporting people. Here an average person would alighted at bus stop and would find it difficult to walk the remaining distance to his/her house. It's just sheer laziness. In any case, if you can't walk from your bus stop, then take a taxi to your bedroom.

Right
Why do you fly, why not swim across the ocean.?
Why not walk everywhere, no need for bus or train na

Lagos State govt has even done well by creating a last mile mini bus for the lazy ones. Something you don't get in many developed cities. If you drop at a train station or bus stop in NYC or London and there's no bus linking to your house, wouldn't you walk down to your house? Or betterstill, wouldn't you take a taxi to your final destination?

This is not NYC or London. Most bus stops in Brooklyn is two streets from your house

Our physical laziness is so acute that if my people have the pportunity, they will even want planes and helicopters to land in their house. Life can't be this smooth and easy! I don't want to talk about the health benefits of walking now. But I will say this...A particular company in Nigeria decided to shut the elevator in her head office for one week, and to be honest with you most of the staff had a marked improvement in their health.

And if they can afford it, why e concern you?

Insecurity is also directly linked to quick mobility especially as research had found out in most of the states ravaged by kidnappers, UGM, bandits et al. So it's a very welcome development for the state government banning Okada riders in the state.
There's no single benefit whatsoever other than for people that are acutely lazy to walk to their final destination and wouldn't take a taxi.

Kare Mr hardworking

There are some people I will forever be mad about in this country. They include:

1. The person to started Okada as means of public transportation.

2. The person to started bagging water and called it "Pure water"

You realise Caprisun is bagged juice right
It's your type that only acknowledges effort made by white man
Free your mind my guy
It's not healthy

3. The Inspector General of Police that started this tinted permit rubbish. "My take is, if a police officer stops a car, what then is the rational behind tinted permit when the police officer can ask the driver to wind down and search whatever he wants to see.

We talking about Okada
Why can't police stop Okada as easy as tinted glass instead of banning like you suggest.

4. The person that married the North and Southern Nigeria together despite our differences.

Are you the first country to have differences?

I will add more as I think of them!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by CaptainFM1: 8:36am On Sep 08, 2022
Cromagnon:

Right
Why do you fly, why not swim across the ocean.?
Why not walk everywhere, no need for bus or train na

This is not NYC or London. Most bus stops in Brooklyn is two streets from your house

And if they can afford it, why e concern you?

Kare Mr hardworking

You realise Caprisun is bagged juice right
It's your type that only acknowledges effort made by white man
Free your mind my guy
It's not healthy

We talking about Okada
Why can't police stop Okada as easy as tinted glass instead of banning like you suggest.

Are you the first country to have differences?

SMH
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Cromagnon: 12:25am On Sep 09, 2022
CaptainFM1:

SMH

You no fit answer abi
You see say you be error
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by CaptainFM1: 6:25am On Sep 09, 2022
Cromagnon:

You no fit answer abi
You see say you be error

GTFO!
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Cromagnon: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
grin
CaptainFM1:

GTFO!
�����
Imbe like you
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by CaptainFM1: 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2022
Cromagnon:
grin�����
Imbe like you

Nincom like you
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Cromagnon: 1:36am On Sep 13, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Nincom like you
stop scamming. Efcc will be alerted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants / Osun Poly Student, Olanrewaju Olatona Killed By Hit-And-Run One-Way Driver / Which Airlines Have The Cheapest Tickets From Lagos To London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.