Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. (19140 Views)

Sure Home Marriage Seminar On Zoom: A Focus On Money / Lady Reveals How Her Wicked Aunt Maltreated And Denied Her Of Going To School / Photos Of A Boy Who Takes His Disabled Mum To Work Daily Before Going To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
If possible combine the both together and i'm very sure that with prayer and hardworking things are going to be working well
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Primusinterpares(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
Business if you ask me... You can do online study @ Noun. While you do your business and grow it.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Tortedad: 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
Tinubu is a PLACEHOLDER for Gov Shettima, the earlier you people realize this, the better.

Most of the people pushing escoBAT do not know there's an agenda to just install him by fire by force, and when he is tired and sick before 2 years, Shettima will be sworn-in as President and more Kabiru Sokoto will be hiding in his house.

Even Yaradua was way stronger than him before he became president.

Every Attempt To Convert Aso Rock To Retirement Home For The Elderly & Sick , We Cancel & Destroy in Jesus Name.

A sick country does not need a sick president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by mystery22: 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
It depends on the age of your child and how intelligent you are and the amount you have, cos school of nursing is not cheap
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Clementz0(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
the nursing profession gives you a huge opportunity now and in the nearest future, you can easily secure a job and even travel abroad, why not try get someone that can help you manage your business while you supervise it strictly whenever you're available, you can be doing daily thrift contribution to pay your employee it's doable but it's not going to be easy best of luck

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by mediclife1987(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:
Top of the morning to you all.

I will try to make this missive brief. In 200level, I dropped out of school because I took in. The guy I was pregnant for later died few months later.

I stayed with my mum and eventually gave birth and I nursed my boy and provided for him because my parent were financially handicapped.

Few months later, I started a fruit biz. It eventually flourish and I was able to get an apartment and I started providing for myself and my boy.

Although biz is not as flourishing as before due to the present nation's predicament. Not much sales. Things are getting a bit bad.

Now, I'm at the crossroad. I really want to pick a school of nursing form but my boy and biz is stunting my plans. I'm confuse. Please, what will you advise me to do?

Should I look for the form or focus on my biz?

Read to learn, not to earn.
Most of us are still in the rat-race because of our past financial unintelligence, and would do anything legal to make money, cos na the koko of life's hustle gangan be that.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by lereinter(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
How's your boy hindering your school plans?

Stop lying on the innocent boy joor

Your problem na finances/money
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Johnhug66(m): 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
NyycoNyco:
With these incessant ASUU strike?
what has ASUU got to do with School of Nursing?. Go school, u no go gree ☹️☹️

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by tishbite42: 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Choice of nursing, super good
But think of your son and finance before making such leap
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Awise09(m): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
Please focus on your business first and if its possible for your mum to take over while you enrol in school better, but don't completely abandon that business oh! Peace.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Brownshoe: 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:
No Be Small Thing ooooo

Start Blogging Business And Thank

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by TLAX: 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

I will try to make this missive brief. In 200level, I dropped out of school because I took in. The guy I was pregnant for later died few months later.

I stayed with my mum and eventually gave birth and I nursed my boy and provided for him because my parent were financially handicapped.

Few months later, I started a fruit biz. It eventually flourish and I was able to get an apartment and I started providing for myself and my boy.

Although biz is not as flourishing as before due to the present nation's predicament. Not much sales. Things are getting a bit bad.

Now, I'm at the crossroad. I really want to pick a school of nursing form but my boy and biz is stunting my plans. I'm confuse. Please, what will you advise me to do?

DM me.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Uqw1: 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
School
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by kjsunday3(m): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
do part time federal polythecnic near you
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
ShangTsung000:
Do what will make you happy.
That's not how life choices are made.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by newoffer: 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
Focus on business. Build a name for yourself. School na scam. Cleaner for my company get hnd. Na few get luck for job market. Graduate dey teach 20k for dis Lagos
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

Go to school and continue your business
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by gbolswag(m): 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
it your own decision...you don't need anyone to advise u....why not continue the fruit business and sponsor your own son to school

if u go back to school who will cater for you and your son.....apply common sense
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by CaptainFM1: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

I will like to buy some fruits from you.
Drop me your contact.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Gohs: 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:
Top of the morning to you all. . .

It's good to go to school but don't stop your fruit business.

Let's all vote for Peter Obi next year so the economy can improve and your fruit business will boom.

If NOUN is offering part-time nursing degree, go and do it because you'll still need that business to sustain yourself through school.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Zeinymira(f): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
@Maryaye

Nursing school is now very expensive except you plan going to the northern states....which should be around 100k if not more.

My advise for you is to go into tech. Maybe digital marketing, data science, freelance etc. You'll definitely find a niche that works for you.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by blesoh(f): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
Please continue with the business
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Laple0541(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
She can still do the two.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Mikespecialone(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

The guy I was pregnant for later died few months later.

Do you have to bring dis here ??
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by yekete: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
Please, I take God beg you, muzzle all the courage and financial strength you can source for, to start all over again.

Check my story here, for almost two decades, I was equally chanting "schools na scam" upandan.
During the long period, I had presented paper both within and outside the shore of the country, appointed as members of national advisory body. However, I realized that having no certificate means I cannot access certain opportunities in the societies.

I took the decision around 2014 to acquire Degree and within same period learnt some skills.

Today, I was employed based on the skills but my degree certificate was added value (even, if for decoration)
The monthly is over 0.5m with all benefits

MaryAye:

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by aydgov: 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
You're a senior woman, I salute your heroic mindset. Let me put some realities to you, I believe you know the role of money in life without it nothing can be done. Continue with your business, upgrade & diversify e.g setting up chilled smoothies, add other things that are fast selling in your area in order to scale up your savings.
Embarking on academic pursuit requires sustainable finance and that's why you need to consolidate as discussed earlier on.
In the course of saving for your school ambition, don't forget to meditate on the legitimate side hustle you can run simultaneously with your school program for sustenance.
Finally, build a special relationship with God in term prayers, praises, and using your substance, your resources to promote things of God.
Wish you the best
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
grandstar:
I don't see much future in nursing except you plant relocate to the US and work there. I might be wrong so educate me.

If the fruit business was previously booming, I would advise you to continue with it until business improves. Once Buhari steps down next year, I suspect the business environment would begin to flourish again, or at least beat the disaster it presently is. You might just need to be patience.

Things have changed dramatically over the past 30 years but many are still stuck in the 1990s, even the most advanced countries suffer from this as well.

Why do I say this? It took a Pandemic to alert the world that millions can telecommute using online. Even religious services were held on Zoom. My brother who works for a bank says he does more work at home than in the office.

Things have changed big time and why not be part of that change? Why not fund something you can do online. Check out a freelancing site like Fiverr.com and see what skill you can offer, or what skill you can learn in order to make money on the site. Video editing is in big demand for instance. You can also write articles.

You don't see much future in nursing? Where's this one from
See ehh, it's not always compulsory to offer advice.
Sometimes, when we don't know exactly what to say, we should be able to have the courage to just read and pass.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
strangest:
How about the late guys family? I believe they should be happy their son's seed is still available....

Go for NOUN... You can work and study at the same time.... I think they have a nursing degree too

NOUN nursing degree is for those already with a kind of nursing certificate

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by phemmyfour: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

For now, focus on educating your son
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by MaryAye(f): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
mariahAngel:
How old is your son now?

He's 4.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Excess Money: Moment MC Asked Groom To Spray His Bride 500k At A Wedding Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.