Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. (19126 Views)

Sure Home Marriage Seminar On Zoom: A Focus On Money / Lady Reveals How Her Wicked Aunt Maltreated And Denied Her Of Going To School / Photos Of A Boy Who Takes His Disabled Mum To Work Daily Before Going To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by MaryAye(f): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Question for you. If you pick up the nursing school form, what plan do you have for taking care of your son then? undecided
And how old is the child at this time? undecided

I plan to take him with me. I want to rent an apartment close to the school of nursing and also change his school.

When I finish from class, I will go and get him from school. By the way, he's 4. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by MaryAye(f): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
lawrenzooo:
How old are you and how old is your son?

He's 4.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:
I plan to take him with me. I want to rent an apartment close to the school of nursing and also change his school.
When I finish from class, I will go and get him from school. By the way, he's 4. Thanks.
You have enough money saved up to both pay for school, rent a place and care for a kid as well? undecided

If yes, then go for it. undecided
if not, why not consider leaving him with your parents, making sure to call him regularly, several times a day with video calls at least on the weekends, and visiting him every so often until you are done with school? undecided
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Hacks4dummies: 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
Grace045:
Okay
"okay" that's all you had to say? undecided
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by ADSagent: 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
Continue with business

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by MaryAye(f): 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You have enough money saved up to both pay for school, rent a place and care for a kid as well? undecided

If yes, then go for it. undecided
if not, why not consider leaving him with your parents, making sure to call him regularly, several times a day with video calls at least on the weekends, and visiting him every so often until you are done with school? undecided

Thanks but I lost my parent few month back.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Jackipapa: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
Do you have in laws, I mean parent of the son's late father. If yes you can hand over the boy to them and move on with your life!
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:
WOW... my condolences! undecided

If you feel nursing school will greatly benefit you and your kid, then there isn't a need to second guess these things. undecided
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by lawrenzooo: 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

He's 4.
OK. It nice you trying to improve yourself.

If your mum is still young and you both stay in same town I did advice you enrol him in a school close to you mom so your mom could help pick from school.

I read somewhere in ur post where u said u did enrol him in a school close to were u would be school, if that's eventually becomes the case then make arrangements as to how he gets picked up from school. You may be able to drop him off in the morning when going to school but the chances that u can pick him up when he closes is slim.

All the best. Sorry about your loss.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Mom007(f): 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
When you pick the form, and by Gods grace gain the admission, who will foot the I'll or did you get a scholarship? Pray for Gods direction anyway. He alone knows the way.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by peropoliet(m): 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
Nagandas:
this thread is scammer
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Xandre: 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
If you've got the means to sponsor yourself through Nursing School, please do take the form!

Nursing has beautiful prospects both in and outside Nigeria.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Nagandas: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
peropoliet:
this thread is scammer

Where's your evidence? I pray God will forgive you
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by MrJames007: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
Who school ep
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Fantazy(m): 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
You can go for part time course, if they offer, so you can still do your business and take care of your child; or better still take a sibling to look after ur biz, while you come to check it once in a while.

Stopping the biz can affect you financially, as you might run out of money anytime, unless you have someone to sponsor you financially.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by biggie73(m): 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:
Top of the morning to you all.

I will try to make this missive brief. In 200level, I dropped out of school because I took in. The guy I was pregnant for later died few months later.

I stayed with my mum and eventually gave birth and I nursed my boy and provided for him because my parent were financially handicapped.

Few months later, I started a fruit biz. It eventually flourish and I was able to get an apartment and I started providing for myself and my boy.

Although biz is not as flourishing as before due to the present nation's predicament. Not much sales. Things are getting a bit bad.

Now, I'm at the crossroad. I really want to pick a school of nursing form but my boy and biz is stunting my plans. I'm confuse. Please, what will you advise me to do?

Should I look for the form or focus on my biz?
...there's online course you can do, if you don't mind. Check out NOUN.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

I will try to make this missive brief. In 200level, I dropped out of school because I took in. The guy I was pregnant for later died few months later.

I stayed with my mum and eventually gave birth and I nursed my boy and provided for him because my parent were financially handicapped.

Few months later, I started a fruit biz. It eventually flourish and I was able to get an apartment and I started providing for myself and my boy.

Although biz is not as flourishing as before due to the present nation's predicament. Not much sales. Things are getting a bit bad.

Now, I'm at the crossroad. I really want to pick a school of nursing form but my boy and biz is stunting my plans. I'm confuse. Please, what will you advise me to do?

Do both. Ask me how?

You need money to fund schooling and you need to collect your course mate’s money too. Convert dem to customers joor.

Worse case scenario is that your name will become “ Sade fruit seller or Joke orange “ but you will be collecting their money and balling.

If God is on your side, you will graduate without a single carry over just like God did mine.

I sold the receipe to my sister in law and she was also able to pay her way through school. So it’s easier than you think. Just hold unto God.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by sirblend: 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:
No Be Small Thing ooooo

Start Blogging Business And Thank

She fit grow old before she see $5 in one year.

Blogging is real hard work.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
sirblend:

She fit grow old before she see $5 in one year.

Blogging is real hard work.

Is A Six Years Old BLOGGER
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by slimfit1(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
Do both
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by grandstar(m): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

You don't see much future in nursing? Where's this one from
See ehh, it's not always compulsory to offer advice.
Sometimes, when we don't know exactly what to say, we should be able to have the courage to just read and pass.

Okay. What do you think her professional salary would be as a nurse upon graduation and also after like 5 years of service. Pls take into consideration she's nursing a child.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Codes151(m): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

pick up your form. If you get in. Baby can stay with your parents. SON in nigeria, you can go home. It's not a boarding house.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Atlanticfire: 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

from the look of things, you are fending for yourself with no support or very little support currently.

You need to be careful with what you do with your life in the next few years.

You will need money to complete schooling. be clear where the money will come from before enrolling in school.
There is time for everything, when you were in school and your parent was alive, you should have concentrated on your studies instead of getting pregnant.

Right now you can still make progress, it will be harder, but it is possible.

1. Your choice of School of Nursing is a good choice, apply for the program and try to get the admission. if you get the admission then look for financial support before starting the program.
Do not enroll in a full time course unless you have someone who will support you financially during the duration of your study, either the parents of your child's father or members of your family will be the options to consider. If a potential future husband is in the picture, you can also solicite for his support. Do not be ashamed to ask for support, ask your inlaws and family members to support you.

2. If you are unable to get financial support then think of another course to study, something that you can enroll for that is either a part time program or an online program. A course that will give you the flexibility to study while working. But the nursing course is a really good option and will provide you with a stable income if you can complete it.

3. Continue with your fruit business even if you start schooling. Consider just buying the fruits in bulk from the villages and supplying to wholesellers in the city, you can also team up with others on this and share profit. You can be doing this periodically and during the holidays.
4. Do not get pregnant unless it is planned, surviving without support gets more difficult the larger the number of babies you have to cater for. Take active precaution to avoid being pregnant.
5. prioritise your schooling over that of your child for now. formal education started at 6 yrs old for the old generation of Nigerians, and they did not really lose much because of it. Focus on yourself, give the child to the father's parents or to a relative for sometime if possible.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by exolve(m): 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
send your number and a proof that you are serious to go back to school to these email address..
doncaspy1220@yahoo.com
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by NozinoGroup: 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

Nursing school students live on campus. Nursing school is not like uni, poly or coe.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by NozinoGroup: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
biggie73:
...there's online course you can do, if you don't mind. Check out NOUN.

You can’t study nursing part time in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by armyofone(m): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Question for you. If you pick up the nursing school form, what plan do you have for taking care of your son then? undecided
And how old is the child at this time? undecided

Also how is she going to pay for 2 to 4 years nursing program including feeding and accommodation ?
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
armyofone:
Also how is she going to pay for 2 to 4 years nursing program including feeding and accommodation ?
I honestly don't know that is why I am asking as it all depends on the kind of nursing program she is talking of. undecided
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Desusi: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
mcmurphy132:
90% us here know the best answer as far as this country is concerned but the fear of nairaland insult is the beginning of wisdom
Who knows her? You should be ready to take insults provided the purpose is accomplished.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by armyofone(m): 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I honestly don't know that is why I am asking as it all depends on the kind of nursing program she is talking of. undecided

Yeah - she didn't say how she is going to fund it maybe she has a lot of money saved from her business.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by frozen70(f): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:

This point in your life is where you need your parents most

Talk with them about keeping your child with them to start your nursing career

That's the way your mind will be at rest while you are in school

Your child will be taken care of by your parents

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! / Adopted Son Or Biological Son: Who Gets One's Inheritance? / Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.