Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy (21465 Views)

FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS / Ngige Threatens Striking Doctors With No-Work, No-Pay Policy / FG Slams N50bn Fine On Anambra For Defacing Land In Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Onucs(m): 8:40am On Sep 04, 2022
NoIgboSoundTueh:
Someone said ASUU is asking for ransome using students academic life as hostage

Gbamsolutetly!
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 8:40am On Sep 04, 2022
highchief1:
the students should all go and learn work.let’s crash the uni finally make everybody go rest.ASUU must not call off fg is mad.

Very very mad
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Fuckyoumod: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2022
kolakolex:

It's not that easy .Most of them have no other source (s) of income.i can't imagine the Debt some of them are already owning for this six month strike.
you would have thought all of this before embarking on strike.

No pay no work has come to stay, I trust Buhari to ensure it.

It would forestall any form of strike in the future. At least you people would think twice before frustrating people's children in the name of one unrealistic agreement.

You can strike till heaven comes....
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2022
Ebubu:

We beg you make you pity us ?

Even if them pay you finish, we go resume, you go still ask us to pay for courses.

Greedy lots !

Ntor to people they are fighting for tongue, you are more at loss. House rent wasted, academic sessions enlongated hahaha. You guys are in big wahala oo
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2022
NezzyMike:

Hahaha, while you languish at home. I heard organisations do not employ people below 25 grin grin grin, you are really in trouble, while the looters are enjoying grin

I am a business man. I do business, i transport goods and export. Degree is just an appendage. In business especially in one you’re self-employed, there is actually no age limit.

That clause is restricted to individuals who are employees and in the seek out for employers.

Thanks.

Like I said, please continue the strike. No be my salary another person go chop.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2022
NezzyMike:

Ntor to people they are fighting for tongue, you are more at loss. House rent wasted, academic sessions enlongated hahaha. You guys are in big wahala oo

So far it’s collateral wastage, both on my side and on the lecturer’s side, I have no problem.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by dogmart(m): 8:44am On Sep 04, 2022
NezzyMike:

So a man that left his country to teach will earn less than 400k, you are really funny Sha.

You are not ready to do the needed research.
You are only interested in sticking to your assumptions. Weldone.

I am not in the lecturing line, although i work with universities across the country and for that reason know what is aplicable. I can tell you for certain all lecturers in private universities wont think twice if offered a job in a federal university.
That is the fact
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2022
highchief1:
the students should all go and learn work.let’s crash the uni finally make everybody go rest.ASUU must not call off fg is mad.

We have been learning work na.

ASUU too should go and learn other work and get paid.

#NoWorkNoPay
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by ikezudon(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2022
NezzyMike:

Be ready to lose more academic sessions. It's your type that do not attend classes and so you do not know the relevance of revaterlization.

You sef what are you saying? ASUU has the liberty to proceed on industrial action whenever they like abi? Not minding the effects on the students. You sound like a lecturer, and to be honest if you are 1, na una dey cause the rot in the system. You want to eat where you did not sow abi? Oga No work, No Pay.... Chikena. I'm sure you will do this to your domestic staff or a random worker you have....but you want FG to pay you for not working. You can't continue to eat your cake and have it. During my days at Unilag, they prevented us from having the SUG unit because anything we don't like, we go run protest. If govt ban ASUU now, wahala go start. Anyways, NO WORK, NO PAY. Govt no go thief to pay thief too.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Pymetrics: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2022
Onucs:
I am with the FG on this one. NO WORK, NO PAY Jhoor!

I'm not a lecturer but you don't understand the situation very well. If you stand by FG on no work no pay that's fine, but ASUU member should not continue doing the works that supposed to be done during that strike period. For example, marking of concluded examination script, continue the suspended examination, supervising existing project students, continue ongoing research work and so on. They should just resume and start afresh a new session and forget the abandoned previous tasks. If that is welcome by FG, then no work no pay stand. However, FG want them to complete the abandoned tasks at the same time taking new tasks when they resume. But they don't want to pay. Only the lectures was affected due to the strike, all other tasks will still be completed when they resume. If FG is we will pay 75% of the strike period, I would have agreed to that because ASUU cannot pay back the missed lectures only.

2 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2022
ikezudon:

You sef what are you saying? ASUU has the liberty to proceed on industrial action whenever they like abi? Not minding the effects on the students. You sound like a lecturer, and to be honest if you are 1, na una dey cause the rot in the system. You want to eat where you did not sow abi? Oga No work, No Pay.... Chikena. I'm sure you will do this to your domestic staff or a random worker you have....but you want FG to pay you for not working. You can't continue to eat your cake and have it. During my days at Unilag, they prevented us from having the SUG unit because anything we don't like, we go run protest. If govt ban ASUU now, wahala go start. Anyways, NO WORK, NO PAY. Govt no go thief to pay thief too.

Hahaha, no work no pay while students are languishing. Is the salary Buhari's? Let me educate you small, before a strike is embarked, government is informed thrice but Buhari who doesn't priotise education always shun them. There's money in this country, he should pay them, it is not his!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 8:58am On Sep 04, 2022
dogmart:

I am not in the lecturing line, although i work with universities across the country and for that reason know what is aplicable. I can tell you for certain all lecturers in private universities wont think twice if offered a job in a federal university.
That is the fact

You are to embark on the research, since they are good to earn millions without work, they should pay those that are working sizeable amount. Stupid government with blind followers
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by highchief1: 8:58am On Sep 04, 2022
Ebubu:

We have been learning work na.

ASUU too should go and learn other work and get paid.

#NoWorkNoPay
lol if ur lecturer see this u r finished.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2022
Pymetrics:

I'm not a lecturer but you don't understand the situation very well. If you stand by FG on no work no pay that's fine, but ASUU member should not continue doing the works that supposed to be done during that strike period. For example, marking of concluded examination script, continue the suspended examination, supervising existing project students, continue ongoing research work and so on. They should just resume and start afresh a new session and forget the abandoned previous tasks. If that is welcome by FG, then no work no pay stand. However, FG want them to complete the abandoned tasks at the same time taking new tasks when they resume. But they don't want to pay. Only the lectures was affected due to the strike, all other tasks will still be completed when they resume. If FG is we will pay 75% of the strike period, I would have agreed to that because ASUU cannot pay back the missed lectures only.

Please cancel ongoing research, semester and what have you.

The dis-continued semester needs to be re-taught anyway because students can no longer remember what they were being taught.

Cancel everything and forget your salaries, let’s start afresh.

Are we cool now ?

Can schools now resume on Monday?
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2022
Ebubu:

So far it’s collateral wastage, both on my side and on the lecturer’s side, I have no problem.

It's not collateral wastage, they will pay them. Just bear the loses grin

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2022
highchief1:
lol if ur lecturer see this u r finished.

So he is not finished for wasting my house rent ? Abi he thinks I pick money from trees ?

FG kukuma no send una papa. Please start looking for where to make money for this Christmas spending.

It’s 2 months to Christmas.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2022
NezzyMike:

It's not collateral wastage, they will pay them. Just bear the loses grin

They will pay them ? Read the title of this thread again.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by highchief1: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2022
Ebubu:

So he is not finished for wasting my house rent ? Abi he thinks I pick money from trees ?

FG kukuma no send una papa. Please start looking for where to make money for this Christmas spending.

It’s 2 months to Christmas.
lol I no be lecturer o and I no be student.i left uni 21yrs ago.Fg is not just doing well
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 9:09am On Sep 04, 2022
Ebubu:

They will pay them ? Read the title of this thread again.

Initial gara gara.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2022
NezzyMike:

Initial gara gara.

I have noted your username.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by dogmart(m): 9:13am On Sep 04, 2022
NezzyMike:

You are to embark on the research, since they are good to earn millions without work, they should pay those that are working sizeable amount. Stupid government with blind followers

[center][/center]

grin
Now u are getting all emotional and unneceserily abusive. I am no supporter of the governmnt. We all know the government is "bad", and we speak against them. But it wont stop us from equally speaking up against "bad" actions of some few masses.

I only asked a question. Why hasnt lecturers in private universities gone on strike since they are paid less than their counterparts in federal universities?
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 9:20am On Sep 04, 2022
dogmart:

[center][/center]

grin
Now u are getting all emotional and unneceserily abusive. I am no supporter of the governmnt. We all know the government is "bad", and we speak against them. But it wont stop us from equally speaking up against "bad" actions of some few masses.

I only asked a question. Why hasnt lecturers in private universities gone on strike since they are paid less than their counterparts in federal universities?

If you ain't blind, you should know this government are looters who have silenced people with hunger and hardship. If a politician puts mouth, EFCC will open his book.

Have a great day and greet your APC.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 9:23am On Sep 04, 2022
highchief1:
lol I no be lecturer o and I no be student.i left uni 21yrs ago.Fg is not just doing well

They are not doing well in all ramifications!!! They don't even care how the students and lecturers are coping. Na to loot and loot.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by highchief1: 9:25am On Sep 04, 2022
NezzyMike:

They are not doing well in all ramifications!!! They don't even care how the students and lecturers are coping. Na to loot and loot.
illiteracy everywhere bro.how much money do we need to live this life?at the end na one small 6 fit.Nigerians are sick in the head.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by dogmart(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2022
NezzyMike:

If you ain't blind, you should know this government are looters who have silenced people with hunger and hardship. If a politician puts mouth, EFCC will open his book.

Have a great day and greet your APC.

grin Emotional being

This isnt the only looting government . All government from the inception/creation of thia country has been looting the country dry.

Yes this particular government are looking far worse, but wait till u see the next. Then you and i can decide which is worse.

ASUU isnt just striking today. Every tenure and government it keeps happenigg. The way out for past government had always been that they will be promised future date afyer which they resume. For how long do we want to continue with such moves?
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 9:30am On Sep 04, 2022
dogmart:

grin Emotional being

I'm not being emotional please, this government is very insensitive. Pounds is 820, inflation, Universities closed, insecurity and you expect me to be happy with the policians?
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by 9jatriot(m): 9:37am On Sep 04, 2022
I am trying to understand you.
Let us run throw 1 scenarios.

Scenario 1
You employ the services of an architect with the following job description and timeline.
Month 1: Design floor plan: Workdone: Paid
Month 2: Build the foundation: Workdone: Paid
Month 3: Do the block work: Work not done (Strike): Not Paid
Month 4: Roof the house: Work not done (Strike): Not Paid

Now let us test how logical you are. Assuming this architect now resumes in Month 5 to start work of Month 3, and tells you that you have to pay him for Month 3 and 4 but he will start the work of Month 3 in Month 5, will you as a business owner or an individual pay him?

You guys always forget that the FG is your employer and they are the ones to tell you what to do as employees.

I really wish FG can follow through with this no work no pay. ASUU is trying to use this election to hold FG to ransom and I wish FG has the balls to call their bluff

Can you tell your landlord that since you travelled for 3 months that you will not pay rent for those 3 months
Pymetrics:

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by 9jatriot(m): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2022
I do not know about private universities, but I know for doctors that teaching hospitals pay more than private hospitals.
We like to paint government in bad light but if you really analyze the number of employees they pay every month, you will really pity them
dogmart:

That is the fact
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by MisfitHPG: 9:45am On Sep 04, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
ASUU is selfishly inclined.
They are disguising to be fighting for the welfare of the students but in truth they are much after their own interests.
TetFund is doing wonders in our varsities.
Their building Projects are classy.
I am neither a govt official nor an APC member.
I a concerned Nigerian citizen

How Ironic that your moniker is "thinksmarter" but you are dumber than a slowpoke goat
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by iezeiyida(m): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2022
I understand you. I'm not into teaching job, but my cousin brother and my friend, is a University lecturer here in Nigeria after he graduated with a First Class in Nigeria and got a Master's in the University of Birmingham. It's not been easy though but even him told me that in life we can't keep always agree to dwell in erroneous situations.

Sometimes, when its necessary, you gotta persist in doing the right things or for the right things to be done.

Ebubu:

If you’re never tired of collecting loans, keep on with the strike till new year.

You fit no even see money buy bag of rice for Christmas for your kids.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ubiman(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2022
Mr Concerned Nigerian. TETFUND was created by Joanthan in 2011 as an offshoot of the Education Tax Act, after many parts of the 1993 Education Tax Act laid dormant. TETFUND projects received their largest support under Jonathan's govt. It has declined since. Also, the state of transparency and accountability in spending has worsened under Buhari's regime.

ThinkSmarter:
ASUU is selfishly inclined.
They are disguising to be fighting for the welfare of the students but in truth they are much after their own interests.
TetFund is doing wonders in our varsities.
Their building Projects are classy.
I am neither a govt official nor an APC member.
I a concerned Nigerian citizen

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by zeyt: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2022
I believe University lecturers are engaged in other official duties during strike. They only stopped delivering lectures in classrooms/halls. They are engaged in various valuable research and community services so to speak. So Federal government should not hesitate to reimburse them for their work and services.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Appeal Court Nullifies Election Of Lp’s Agbo, Orders Re-run / APC Will Plunge Nigeria Into Civil, Religious War –fayose / Pictures From Abakaliki Flyover Underconstruction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.