Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy (21471 Views)

FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS / Ngige Threatens Striking Doctors With No-Work, No-Pay Policy / FG Slams N50bn Fine On Anambra For Defacing Land In Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 5:37am On Sep 05, 2022
seunlayi:

Thanks for this response. Don't mind the asun grin members flooding this thread due to idleness. They are the main problem, especially in the public institutions. 2 of my children were caught in the web of this strike

ON "NO WORK, NO PAY" WE STAND.

Strike for 2 years and ready to loose your 2 years salary

Na so some people write like you but their eyes don open. You or a relative might end up working in a university cheesy, mind what you type.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 5:45am On Sep 05, 2022
Oblivion34:

In reply to the bolded, the govt wouldn't take the union seriously because they are accustomed to seeing them go on yearly strikes.

If ASUU had used this same energy to pressure the government while school activities were ongoing, things may have been better.

But ASUU beleives strike will yield rapid action (How far after 6 months and counting?)

ASUU must not get a dime for all the months not worked for!

If you want to know about the 6 months, Google it for easy understanding. See people they are fighting for grin grin, Buhari must release that salary, it's not his. He can't be a president and also Minister of petroleum without tangible results, earning from two offices.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by ejimatic: 6:07am On Sep 05, 2022
NezzyMike:

Yet Buhari stopped their salary the first month it started, that wasn't fair. Do you know some research institutes have been on strike since last year, why is the govt paying them?
ASU has excesses. 60percent of their demandshave been met yet they refuse to resume. As for the non payment of their salaries the FG believes they have been on strike before before the ongoing one and this is the continuation. ASU even said that they would continue their suspended strike when they started in February. Thus non payment of their salaries is in order. My concern is ASU shiukd shift ground in imitation of the federal government! The union is not a sacred cow in Nigeria!
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 7:13am On Sep 05, 2022
ejimatic:
ASU has excesses. 60percent of their demandshave been met yet they refuse to resume. As for the non payment of their salaries the FG believes they have been on strike before before the ongoing one and this is the continuation. ASU even said that they would continue their suspended strike when they started in February. Thus non payment of their salaries is in order. My concern is ASU shiukd shift ground in imitation of the federal government! The union is not a sacred cow in Nigeria!

Stop reading the articles of propagandists for your own good. No 60% has been met. So people shouldn't strike when their agreed demands are not met? Na wa for you.

Tell those that are taking sides with government that schools fees hike has been proposed to the governing council, VCs and Chancellors so that strikes and co will reduce.. everybody should gear up. Go and ask state University students how much they pay fo school fees, you will understand better.

Bye.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by dogmart(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2022
NezzyMike:

Just imagine how you are pampering the wicked looters that you pay your taxes to without any tangible infrastructure to show for it. This is shameful, don't worry 2023 will be promax inflation since the govt is doing well.

Well the govt has introduced poverty to a high percentage of people and so most do not know their human rights. The other countries use the taxes from the masses to develop their countries, equip their Universities, pay their staff well and provide security too. But your own politicians or govt want to choke you to death with wicked policies and looting.

grin The day you stop being emotional you will have some better peace and joy.

No one is pampering the wicked government. We rebuke them for their wrongs at every opportunity we get, but that doesn't mean we should be unrealistic and want to join in the looting we speak up against.

Corruption is bad, and it is not only in the government. We as citizens also perpetuate it.

So the same way we speak against it in government is the same way we should speak up against it when members of the citizen are engaging in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 9:54am On Sep 05, 2022
dogmart:

grin The day you stop being emotional you will have some better peace and joy.

No one is pampering the wicked government. We rebuke them for their wrongs at every opportunity we get, but that doesn't mean we should be unrealistic and want to join in the looting we speak up against.

Corruption is bad, and it is not only in the government. We as citizens also perpetuate it.

So the same way we speak against it in government is the same way we should speak up against it when members of the citizen are engaging in it.

Na you sabi APC supporter, may you experience what students and lecturers are suffering right now. Bye
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by dogmart(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2022
NezzyMike:

Na you sabi APC supporter, may you experience what students and lecturers are suffering right now. Bye

grin All Nigerian politicians are corrupt, be it APC, PDP or even LP. I speak up against them all. I speak up for truth without sentiments.

The day you learn to be free of emotions and sentiments, then u will truly be free

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Oblivion34: 12:11am On Sep 06, 2022
NezzyMike:

If they are not paid, that is what will happen. But why did this wicked govt allow it to linger to this extent? They were more engrossed in their political career than ending the strike earlier.

ASUU also shares the blame on this

Asking for 180% of salary increment is called what?
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 5:14am On Sep 06, 2022
Oblivion34:

ASUU also shares the blame on this

Asking for 180% of salary increment is called what?

That was a proposal for government to negotiate. If they wrote 100%, Buhari would've reduced it to 2%.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2022
NezzyMike:

That was a proposal for government to negotiate. If they wrote 100%, Buhari would've reduced it to 2%.

Even 2% una no go see.

Na hand Buhari take deal IPOB e go take deal with una
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 9:18am On Sep 06, 2022
udeh3:

Are you aware that the lost topics will be taught, project students will be attended to, etc. If you don't pay them, it's simple, when the FG meets their requirements, they'll resume and when they do, they'll proceed to a new session, meaning, no results, no one graduates since they weren't paid for.

Senseless govt

Student beg you make you strike ?

Proceed to new session and resume please. After all, all you taught in the terminated session have all been forgotten by students.

Cancel the previous session and resume.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 9:21am On Sep 06, 2022
acetylcholine:

I shake my head in pity for uninformed individuals like you. The TETfund you all are mentioning today was a product of ASUU's struggle!

Let me educate you a bit. The purpose of TETfund is to provide supplementary source of funding to all tertiary (federal and state) institutions.

TETfund,which is a brainchild of ASUU generates fund through the 2% education tax paid from accessible profits of all companies registered in Nigeria.

Go to most state universities, virtually all buildings were erected through TETfund, except for Admin building, in some cases. So tell me exactly what government is suppose to be doing if not funding education.

You all keep praising the same people striping you and your unborn generation of their Commonwealth, while bad-mouthing the same union that brought about TETfund you are talking of.

If the masses cannot hold the government at the jugular to better the society by investing in education, then there is absolutely no hope for this country, because a country can NEVER rise beyond the level of her education!

Honestly, when I read posts like this, it convinces me that the sacrifices ASUU is going through is not worth it. We should fight for our welfare alone and allow government to hike tuition fees to whatever amount it deems fit. Then parents and students can take up the fight from there. Tertiary education is not meant for all afterall!

ASUU should be proscribed. Useless union filled with sorting lecturers and sex hawks.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 10:29am On Sep 06, 2022
Ebubu:

Even 2% una no go see.

Na hand Buhari take deal IPOB e go take deal with una

But he has na...24/37%. You ain't current.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2022
NezzyMike:

But he has na...24/37%. You ain't current.

Dey there be deceiving yourself. Even if you resume with that 24/37 it won’t be paid to you.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ebubu:

Dey there be deceiving yourself. Even if you resume with that 24/37 it won’t be paid to you.

Rest IJN, I'm not a Lecturer
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2022
NezzyMike:

Rest IJN, I'm not a Lecturer

Be lying to yourself. No none lecturer will stay on this thread arguing for ASUU for more than 7 pages.

Like I told you, whatever FG signs will be paid and you’ll strike 6months from now.

Better go and look for another means of income
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ebubu:

Be lying to yourself. No none lecturer will stay on this thread arguing for ASUU for more than 7 pages.

Like I told you, whatever FG signs will be paid and you’ll strike 6months from now.

Better go and look for another means of income

Rest na, haven't you heard government wants to review the "no work no pay"? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2022
NezzyMike:

Rest na, haven't you heard government wants to review the "no work no pay"? cheesy cheesy cheesy

you’re already rejoicing before they conclude anything. counting your chicks before they hatch. don’t be surprised when the sad results trip in.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by NezzyMike: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ebubu:

you’re already rejoicing before they conclude anything. counting your chicks before they hatch. don’t be surprised when the sad results trip in.

I'm not, you needed to know that ASUU can't be bullied.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
NezzyMike:

I'm not, you needed to know that ASUU can't be bullied.

no be una again ? you go come back next year strike again because government no apply the agreement they sign with you 2022

and you say you are not bullied

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

RECRUITMENT/REPLACEMENT 2015/2016 / Fetish Objects At APC Secretariat In Ondo / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.