Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Silent Treatment From Wife. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Silent Treatment From Wife. (3496 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce From Wife For Being Too Beautiful / Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. / Silent Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silent Treatment From Wife. by Aigbe01: 11:19pm On Sep 03, 2022
Guyz please I need advice! Been married for about 8 years now. I can not categorically call my wife bad because she has got some very good attributes every man desires. However, these good attributes only shows when there are no issues at home. When she is angry (which comes up more often these days) she is something else.

She can go for weeks without talking to me and I am sure, if I can stand it, she can go a year without talking to me. Whenever she falls into this mood, it gets me very uncomfortable. Whether I am wrong or right, I always apologize and try to get her to talking terms. In the mornings, I say "Good mornings" to her but she wont respond. When I go out or she goes out , she wont say a simple welcome, even when I say "Welcome" just to be break the silence, she wont respond. This has been going on from our early marriage , I thought it would stop but it is looking I'm going to live like this for the rest of life unless something happens.

Naturally, I don't report her to anyone because I still see her as a good woman. I only report her to her elder sisters, who has tried to resolves issues within us. She gets shock when I inform her that we haven't spoken for days and sometime weeks. I decided not to report her anymore since it hasn't helped but I am unable to take the silent treatment. it breaks me! I practically beg her to talk to me when she starts the silent treatment. I also observed she hardly ever apologize. Instead she will weep. I believe she is emotionally manipulating and torturing me. She often says I apologize too much and that apology means nothing to me , that is why it is so easy for me apologize. but as for her, it is save to say she dislikes apology. Sorry doesn't exist in her dictionary. She likes playing the victims when the malice gets so bad. When I can no longer take the silent treatment anymore, I would go begging her and apologizing. she would rather weep and hug me in reconciliation but will still refuse to apologize even when I say ok I am sorry for allowing this issues stay this long

I am not a perfect man, but I can boldly say I am a good man. I care for her and my family, I believe she loves me but I cant understand why she likes to keep malice even refusing to say just "good morning". Most of the times, what we keep malice for are so irrelevant. The last one, I removed her laptop from the reading desk and dropped it on the bed (which isn't the right place) because I wanted to use the desk. I remembered it wasn't the right place and said babe remove that laptop from the bed before someone sits on it. She replied if I wasn't the one who dropped it there. In all this we were playing in the room and I told her, ok, leave it there na. "Na you they use the laptop do project" and that was it. 2 days and counting , she hasn't spoken to me and answered my greetings.

I have 2 wonderful kids with her and I am so confused. It is easy for me because we re still young. I am 37. I fear for old age, If I can take this silent treatment in old age. I need advise guys. From my experience, she didn't have a good upbringing, from a toxic polygamous home which I think is affecting her. Each time I talk about the past it is war in my house. I bear the burnt from her past, that's what i believe. Your advice would go a long way.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by VeryWickedMan: 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2022
Every man's dream is a problem for OP

27 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2022
Fire on the mountain
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by HornyTave: 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
Fire on the mountain
Run Run Run Run.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Peacefulriver: 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2022
When you noticed this earlier in your marriage, did you discuss it with her then?

3 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by PerfectStranger(m): 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
Aigbe01:
I care for her and my family, I believe she loves me but I cant understand why she likes to…

…yet she emotionally blackmail and gaslight you. You are probably too soft for her and she isn’t feeling your vibe anymore. She might even be thinking about her ex.

Can’t imagine spending my lifetime with a sadist. Men go through a lot in life, no woman should add more.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by jaeyking(m): 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2022
You guys will see so many redflags in the courtship stage
But no you will allow stupid love to make u take the wrong decision.

Now what do you want us to advice you on

You have no choice if you can't deal with continual apology to her or whatever you usually do to get her back to her right senses then leave and MAN UP

She is clearly blackmailing u emotionally because she has seen that you can fall easily

So play your cards well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by ojorich(m): 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2022
No one can truly understand the female gender.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by SPAMBOX7: 11:57pm On Sep 03, 2022
She already knows your mumu button grin
And your mumu button na 10 naira own very cheap grin
She already sabi say no matter how much of a tough man you claim to be around your folks and family members etc, even if Buhari dey fear you, or wherever you go, if you like go heaven and jupiter come back and conquer the whole universe and the galaxies you will still come back on your knees seeking her forgiveness. She's your goddess you have no choice but to yield to her gimmicks cheesy

I would have said swallow the redpill but the redpill community is full at the moment I don't think they are still accepting new comers.. or should I say it's no longer accepting married men, cos married men are mature and redpillers aren't mature yet as you married folks here always put it cheesy
So I'd just say go read The manipulated man and 48 laws of power take hold body. At all at all na it be winch.

Lastly ignore the winch below me camouflaging as a man. Na dem grin

19 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Highman56: 12:04am On Sep 04, 2022
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by PerfectStranger(m): 12:10am On Sep 04, 2022
Highman56:
That your statement of leaving the laptop there was hurtful.the tone of ur voice angered her. I can see that she is the type that doesn't shout.so she keeps maliice and silent treatment to express her anger.mind the tone of ur voice when you speak to her.

How was his statement hurtful? Go back and read carefully again.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Kobicove(m): 12:11am On Sep 04, 2022
That's an immature way for a married woman to behave

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by tnerro1(m): 12:12am On Sep 04, 2022
Some people dey this life sha
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Tboymessiah(m): 1:33am On Sep 04, 2022
NasoLifeBe

Young man na Ogbanje u marry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by mmadu5(m): 2:11am On Sep 04, 2022
She's getting forked outside

4 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by imagrg(m): 3:59am On Sep 04, 2022
She's tired of the marriage union. All of your actions now displease her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by neonly: 4:40am On Sep 04, 2022
Honestly seperation is what you guys need for a while
Am in dat kind of shoes u are wearing and I can tell you I understand you very well
Is not easy separating because of children am very sure you love them die
But because of yur own sanity just try seperation for a while
God nawa der are a lot of troubled children out der it just take d grace of God to find a good wife
I hail you for yur endurance
You are not alone

9 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Dailyparrot: 5:12am On Sep 04, 2022
Simps die many times before their death.

Women especially Nigeria women don't like being pampered too much.

How can you be apologizing and forcing her to talk to you every time? I will go 3 years on her without talking to her. She will be the one begging for reconciliation. WTF.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by omotoshodontee1: 5:15am On Sep 04, 2022
Truth be told,u are in for big palava..is either u talk it out sternly with her or u give her d same dose and probably everything crashes..all in all,she is currently the man in ur marriage.this is d time for u take charge bro....

4 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by omotoshodontee1: 5:16am On Sep 04, 2022
Dailyparrot:
Simps die many times before their death.

Women especially Nigeria women don't like being pampered too much.

How can you be apologizing and forcing her to talk to you every time? I will go 3 years on her without talking to her. She will be the one begging for reconciliation. WTF.
I wonder ooo,I can even go till eternity aswear
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by gfon(m): 5:44am On Sep 04, 2022
I would get a side chick asap and derive my happiness from there,once you start coming home with smiles on your face and stop apologizing,I bet you she would find ways to amend. I don too suffer for this life to let any woman make me overthink.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Uncle96(m): 6:30am On Sep 04, 2022
Aigbe01:
Guyz please I need advice! Been married for about 8 years now. I can not categorically call my wife bad because she has got some very good attributes every man desires. However, these good attributes only shows when there are no issues at home. When she is angry (which comes up more often these days) she is something else.

She can go for weeks without talking to me and I am sure, if I can stand it, she can go a year without talking to me. Whenever she falls into this mood, it gets me very uncomfortable. Whether I am wrong or right, I always apologize and try to get her to talking terms. In the mornings, I say "Good mornings" to her but she wont respond. When I go out or she goes out , she wont say a simple welcome, even when I say "Welcome" just to be break the silence, she wont respond. This has been going on from our early marriage , I thought it would stop but it is looking I'm going to live like this for the rest of life unless something happens.

Naturally, I don't report her to anyone because I still see her as a good woman. I only report her to her elder sisters, who has tried to resolves issues within us. She gets shock when I inform her that we haven't spoken for days and sometime weeks. I decided not to report her anymore since it hasn't helped but I am unable to take the silent treatment. it breaks me! I practically beg her to talk to me when she starts the silent treatment. I also observed she hardly ever apologize. Instead she will weep. I believe she is emotionally manipulating and torturing me. She often says I apologize too much and that apology means nothing to me , that is why it is so easy for me apologize. but as for her, it is save to say she dislikes apology. Sorry doesn't exist in her dictionary. She likes playing the victims when the malice gets so bad. When I can no longer take the silent treatment anymore, I would go begging her and apologizing. she would rather weep and hug me in reconciliation but will still refuse to apologize even when I say ok I am sorry for allowing this issues stay this long

I am not a perfect man, but I can boldly say I am a good man. I care for her and my family, I believe she loves me but I cant understand why she likes to keep malice even refusing to say just "good morning". Most of the times, what we keep malice for are so irrelevant. The last one, I removed her laptop from the reading desk and dropped it on the bed (which isn't the right place) because I wanted to use the desk. I remembered it wasn't the right place and said babe remove that laptop from the bed before someone sits on it. She replied if I wasn't the one who dropped it there. In all this we were playing in the room and I told her, ok, leave it there na. "Na you they use the laptop do project" and that was it. 2 days and counting , she hasn't spoken to me and answered my greetings.

I have 2 wonderful kids with her and I am so confused. It is easy for me because we re still young. I am 37. I fear for old age, If I can take this silent treatment in old age. I need advise guys. From my experience, she didn't have a good upbringing, from a toxic polygamous home which I think is affecting her. Each time I talk about the past it is war in my house. I bear the burnt from her past, that's what i believe. Your advice would go a long way.

From perosnal experience, I think tht she has a spiritual problem, please go out and find out, I've been in something similar but me I no dey apologize to anybody o, werey full my head

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Doorlarss(m): 6:35am On Sep 04, 2022
Giver ur silent injection
AND SMOKE UR MAPO
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by LongBig(m): 7:05am On Sep 04, 2022
Fire! Fire!! Fire!!! Outside is cold at least your home ought to be a safe haven but when reverse is the case, then there is fire on the mountain.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Highman56: 7:30am On Sep 04, 2022
PerfectStranger:

How was his statement hurtful? Go back and read carefully again.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by arejibadz(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2022
Nawa u saw this from onset but still continued, look for a way to talk sense into her and if she still refuse to listen , divorce should be the only solution ,as a man peace of mind should be your top priority
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Rexymania(m): 7:57am On Sep 04, 2022
Two of una no well mtcheew... Yeye people
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by SPAMBOX7: 7:58am On Sep 04, 2022
Highman56:

I read it perfectly well.she kept her laptop on the table which was a safe place but he carried it to the bed the unsafe place and then starts telling her that the place is not safe she should look for a safe place and keep it.if he knew it was an unsafe place why did he keep it there in the first place.he should be the one to change the position.and sometimes even if u mean no harm in what you are saying ur tone of voice will make things bad.i guess he used a wrong tone of voice
Stfu biitch

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Lonestar124: 8:07am On Sep 04, 2022
tnerro1:
Some people dey this life sha
No kind of people I never see and am still seeing more shocked
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by jeromestarks: 8:10am On Sep 04, 2022
Aigbe01:

She has met another man and he is sleeping with her.
Your first child is not your child. If you doubt me, go for DNA test or take the child to you 'home land'.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by jeromestarks: 8:21am On Sep 04, 2022
Aigbe01:

Answer these first.
1. She's from broken home?
2. She's a July/ June baby?
3. She's isn't a virgin when you met her?
4. She was raised by her mother ( father not in picture)?
5. She loves her children more than she loves you?
Finally, the oga patapata of these questions is :
6. She doesn't enjoy / initiate sex with you?

If your answers are all Yes'
Brother, you're a foolish man. Divorce her now and marry another woman whom you know.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by virginchaser(m): 8:21am On Sep 04, 2022
It's not healthy for you and her. You guys are on the verge of nursing one terminal disorder if you don't address it. National issues is enough to give one high blood pressure not to talk of adding domestic issues. Please sit her down and educate her on need to stop malice in the house. Malice is like a bird perching on your head. If you allow it to stay there it will build a nest. If you allow malicious thoughts occupy your mind it will lead to hypertension. Good luck.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies: Check This Guy Out / Guys Do U Like Yr Girls "Quiet" Or "Noisy" / Must We Wait Till February 14th Before Celebrating Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.