Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Silent Treatment From Wife. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Silent Treatment From Wife. (3503 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce From Wife For Being Too Beautiful / Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. / Silent Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Baronthecelebri: 8:28am On Sep 04, 2022
See one thing I don't like is, when married men keep saying I don't what my children to suffer, what if you die in that marriage will the children not suffer?. My parents separated when I was 9, my dad was a pain in ass, that's why my mom left him. Note: if my mom was still in that marriage she could've been dead by now, cause what she was saying is my children will suffer, she left 2004 and died 2019. Think twice.

3 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by famousguy01(m): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2022
Indeed she's a good woman and my best guess is that she's the silent type. Pls don't listen to those asking you to leave her, she's not emotionally blackmailing you and she loves you for real. From my personal experience, the solution is to always make sure you cuddle or hold her close to you before sleeping I the night irrespective of whatever transpired between you guys during the day. Try not to make a big deal out of those petty things she does, and I bet no one will have to apologise again

3 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by NnamdiN: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2022
If you no wan talk for 5 years, no wahala.
I go ignore you like say you no dey exist

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by mrfizy(m): 8:53am On Sep 04, 2022
Turn the manipulators game on the manipulator.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Oyiboman69: 9:09am On Sep 04, 2022
Aigbe01:
Guyz please I need advice! Been married for about 8 years now. I can not categorically call my wife bad because she has got some very good attributes every man desires. However, these good attributes only shows when there are no issues at home. When she is angry (which comes up more often these days) she is something else.

She can go for weeks without talking to me and I am sure, if I can stand it, she can go a year without talking to me. Whenever she falls into this mood, it gets me very uncomfortable. Whether I am wrong or right, I always apologize and try to get her to talking terms. In the mornings, I say "Good mornings" to her but she wont respond. When I go out or she goes out , she wont say a simple welcome, even when I say "Welcome" just to be break the silence, she wont respond. This has been going on from our early marriage , I thought it would stop but it is looking I'm going to live like this for the rest of life unless something happens.

Naturally, I don't report her to anyone because I still see her as a good woman. I only report her to her elder sisters, who has tried to resolves issues within us. She gets shock when I inform her that we haven't spoken for days and sometime weeks. I decided not to report her anymore since it hasn't helped but I am unable to take the silent treatment. it breaks me! I practically beg her to talk to me when she starts the silent treatment. I also observed she hardly ever apologize. Instead she will weep. I believe she is emotionally manipulating and torturing me. She often says I apologize too much and that apology means nothing to me , that is why it is so easy for me apologize. but as for her, it is save to say she dislikes apology. Sorry doesn't exist in her dictionary. She likes playing the victims when the malice gets so bad. When I can no longer take the silent treatment anymore, I would go begging her and apologizing. she would rather weep and hug me in reconciliation but will still refuse to apologize even when I say ok I am sorry for allowing this issues stay this long

I am not a perfect man, but I can boldly say I am a good man. I care for her and my family, I believe she loves me but I cant understand why she likes to keep malice even refusing to say just "good morning". Most of the times, what we keep malice for are so irrelevant. The last one, I removed her laptop from the reading desk and dropped it on the bed (which isn't the right place) because I wanted to use the desk. I remembered it wasn't the right place and said babe remove that laptop from the bed before someone sits on it. She replied if I wasn't the one who dropped it there. In all this we were playing in the room and I told her, ok, leave it there na. "Na you they use the laptop do project" and that was it. 2 days and counting , she hasn't spoken to me and answered my greetings.

I have 2 wonderful kids with her and I am so confused. It is easy for me because we re still young. I am 37. I fear for old age, If I can take this silent treatment in old age. I need advise guys. From my experience, she didn't have a good upbringing, from a toxic polygamous home which I think is affecting her. Each time I talk about the past it is war in my house. I bear the burnt from her past, that's what i believe. Your advice would go a long way.

play the reverse psychology... move out to a friend's place if possible and make sure you're the one who is wrong this time not her. don't beg her,try and find comfort in another thing you do just to avoid her. BTW, who said it is a compulsory thing stick to one person till one's lifetime?....
this is some of the reasons while people left their partner and opt for a more suitable one,not that everyman desires to have children with different women but the sake of peace of mind.
Yestrday in my area,a very good man committed suicide by drinking a harmful substance in ...my wife was telling me it is due to the harmful statement that the wife passed to him.my wife is saying that the man should have replied him with such or even fabricate one to tell her back than taking his own life. I just told her to shut up,she is not in his shoes...

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Brian47(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2022
famousguy01:
Indeed she's a good woman and my best guess is that she's the silent type. Pls don't listen to those asking you to leave her, she's not emotionally blackmailing you and she loves you for real. From my personal experience, the solution is to always make sure you cuddle or hold her close to you before sleeping I the night irrespective of whatever transpired between you guys during the day. Try not to make a big deal out of those petty things she does, and I bet no one will have to apologise again

This one don pass petty oo

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by TheirFADA: 9:38am On Sep 04, 2022
Op
although you're trying to be a good husband, there are lots of things you're doing wrong
and sadly it'll continue like that if u don't change

I'll recommend you read this book "No more Mr Nice guy"
download this book, i can guarantee you that it'll solve 99% if not 100% of your problem you're experiencing now
It is a great book that has helped a lot of men who are experiencing the same thing u experience now

You can download the book free on www.pdfdrive.com
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Kirkman: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2022
This kind wife will be giving me silent treatment as if I am the cause of her misfortunes. The day I will get fedup and divorce her Ehn! It will shock her. In this my little time to spend on earth, I can't allow anyone to come and stress it further for me.

4 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Nonexisting1: 10:35am On Sep 04, 2022
I have moved on from giving audience to tales by simps. Enjoy your marriage bro, love is beautiful thing. Bye

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by advanceDNA: 10:44am On Sep 04, 2022
Aigbe01:
Guyz please I need advice! Been married for about 8 years now. I can not categorically call my wife bad because she has got some very good attributes every man desires. However, these good attributes only shows when there are no issues at home. When she is angry (which comes up more often these days) she is something else.

She can go for weeks without talking to me and I am sure, if I can stand it, she can go a year without talking to me. Whenever she falls into this mood, it gets me very uncomfortable. Whether I am wrong or right, I always apologize and try to get her to talking terms. In the mornings, I say "Good mornings" to her but she wont respond. When I go out or she goes out , she wont say a simple welcome, even when I say "Welcome" just to be break the silence, she wont respond. This has been going on from our early marriage , I thought it would stop but it is looking I'm going to live like this for the rest of life unless something happens.

Naturally, I don't report her to anyone because I still see her as a good woman. I only report her to her elder sisters, who has tried to resolves issues within us. She gets shock when I inform her that we haven't spoken for days and sometime weeks. I decided not to report her anymore since it hasn't helped but I am unable to take the silent treatment. it breaks me! I practically beg her to talk to me when she starts the silent treatment. I also observed she hardly ever apologize. Instead she will weep. I believe she is emotionally manipulating and torturing me. She often says I apologize too much and that apology means nothing to me , that is why it is so easy for me apologize. but as for her, it is save to say she dislikes apology. Sorry doesn't exist in her dictionary. She likes playing the victims when the malice gets so bad. When I can no longer take the silent treatment anymore, I would go begging her and apologizing. she would rather weep and hug me in reconciliation but will still refuse to apologize even when I say ok I am sorry for allowing this issues stay this long

I am not a perfect man, but I can boldly say I am a good man. I care for her and my family, I believe she loves me but I cant understand why she likes to keep malice even refusing to say just "good morning". Most of the times, what we keep malice for are so irrelevant. The last one, I removed her laptop from the reading desk and dropped it on the bed (which isn't the right place) because I wanted to use the desk. I remembered it wasn't the right place and said babe remove that laptop from the bed before someone sits on it. She replied if I wasn't the one who dropped it there. In all this we were playing in the room and I told her, ok, leave it there na. "Na you they use the laptop do project" and that was it. 2 days and counting , she hasn't spoken to me and answered my greetings.

I have 2 wonderful kids with her and I am so confused. It is easy for me because we re still young. I am 37. I fear for old age, If I can take this silent treatment in old age. I need advise guys. From my experience, she didn't have a good upbringing, from a toxic polygamous home which I think is affecting her. Each time I talk about the past it is war in my house. I bear the burnt from her past, that's what i believe. Your advice would go a long way.

U lost control of all your leverage in that relationship a long time ago by begging and behaving like a telemundo lover boy....

Ur wife seem like someone who married you because you were available to her for marriage...u are not her friend, you are not her hero, u probably dont excite her sexually, and she doesnt see you as a team member .she even does it over small things becos it has gotten to enjoying seeing you broken and begging

Compromise is need in marriage but when one person is taking advantage of the other person's meekness to emotionally manipulate it might be time to respond to fire with fire....

5 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by advanceDNA: 10:51am On Sep 04, 2022
famousguy01:

I will never understand men like you that fuel peoples toxic behaviour....a woman will be treating her spouse with disgust and you will say he should force himself on some that wont talk to him even when he reaches out to her.

Shes enjoys treating him that way...shes clearly not an introvert since the op said all will be fine and lively until she looks for one small thing to release her witchcraft.....

Dont get me wrong...i totally understand that comromise is needed in marriages...but when one party wants to always behave like a two year old its wrong... even parrents spank their toddlers that supposedly dont know what they are doing

No one should treat their friend, lover, team member, helper like that if they truly see them in these light...

4 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by zed7: 10:52am On Sep 04, 2022
Many people die a thousand times before their physical demise. Bro, you ain't living anymore, you're just existing.

I'll advice you get separated. I'm married and I know what the beauty of marriage is. There is no married woman who respects a man who has no control over her.

You are finished. You need to separate for a while, perhaps she'll come to her senses if it isn't too late.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by crazysam001: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2022
She is in a very very serious relationship outside.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by addictiv(m): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2022
The only way to stop is to encourage her to speak up about how she feels if she's upset and stop silent treatment. Stop the begging, she knows you will come to beg her at the end. By begging you are not only encouraging her to do more but you are showing her that her tactics is working and she can always bring you to your knees and make you do her bidding whenever she wants. I bet you the satisfaction n happiness she gets whenever she sees you crying and begging or moody because of her silent treatment is out of this world. So Instead of begging just live like you are unbothered by her attitude. Do your normal activities,and always show her that you are happy and having fun even with her silent. If you do something wrong apologise only if she points it out and that's it. Let her know you re willing to talk if she wants to talk but won't beg her to talk to you. And by not communicating with you she's ruining and killing your marriage. She will get tired and stop it if she values you enough or take a left turn and go worse if she's no longer interested in the marriage. If she goes left, end the marriage and walk away. DO NOT BEG.!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by obo389(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2022
gfon:
I would get a side chick asap and derive my happiness from there,once you start coming home with smiles on your face and stop apologizing,I bet you she would find ways to amend. I don too suffer for this life to let any woman make me overthink.
Very apt.
You just brought the whole 9 yards out from my mouth.
OP, competition is allowed.
Once you begin to flash fake infidelity paroles on her face, I believe she will sit up.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Mercury12(m): 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2022
Do what ye must do and do it fast for your peace of mind. Sometime divorce/separation resets the brain.
Life is too short. High B.P kills a man. Don't be a victim

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by TheGreatIYANU: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
Aigbe01:
Guyz please I need advice!

THERAPY bro. Therapy's all she needs.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
She us behaving immatured..grown pple sit and discuss issues and move forward.My ex used to do this but when she see say ..I put on my endless attitude and ignore her,no be pesin say make she corordinate
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by obinna58(m): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
She has good attributes every man desire but she's causing you pain grin, baba there's no good in her if she's causing you pain and sorrow.
She's a manipulator
She doesn't care about you or your feelings(what evil is more than this?)
End the marriage immediately like now now and focus on your children, nonsense.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Chidex07: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2022
#TeamSingleForever cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by SenecaTheYonger: 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
Aigbe01:

There are ways to break her silent treatment but I don’t want to say it out because it might spread. And I also use silent treatment on women too lol. It’s kinda my strategy grin

But the truth is that she already has you by the balls, ngl.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by afolarin60591: 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
Stfu biitchStfu biitch...
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Slynation(m): 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
Highman56:

I read it perfectly well.she kept her laptop on the table which was a safe place but he carried it to the bed the unsafe place and then starts telling her that the place is not safe she should look for a safe place and keep it.if he knew it was an unsafe place why did he keep it there in the first place.he should be the one to change the position.and sometimes even if u mean no harm in what you are saying ur tone of voice will make things bad.i guess he used a wrong tone of voice
You are a finished man with a finished thinking...
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Slynation(m): 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
Aigbe01:

Learn to treat everybody in there own coin, it will save you a lot of stress in this life...even computer says "garbage in gargabe out"

Sometimes I just like the way I treat people like this like they never exists...

You give me rubbish I give you rubbish...
You treat me well, I treat you well...

Life ana gaga...!!

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Highman56: 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
Stfu biitch
mumu
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Highman56: 3:14pm On Sep 04, 2022
Slynation:
You are a finished man with a finished thinking...
U r a finished mumu
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Barims(m): 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
Short answer, you are dating a narcissist you can't change her, no one can! Either you live like that for the rest of your life, or take her for counseling or file for divorce

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Ilekokonit: 10:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
Aigbe01:
I fear for old age, If I can take this silent treatment in old age.

You don't need to fear about her treating you like this in old age 'cos IF she continues like this, the marriage will NOT last till old age. She is a VERY childish, petty and manipulative woman and you deserve better.

You need to give her an ultimatum and mean it that she should stop all this childish grudge keeping and silent treatment or you will get a divorce and IF she does not change, you need to stop being predictable and start keeping late nights, get a side chick or something.
Thank God for late night beer parlors.

If you see some men who are single and happily so after getting out of an earlier marriage, know one thing that these men know what they are running away from - untimely death at the hands of a psychologically manipulative woman.

And all women will manipulate you psychologically no matter how old they are.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Ilekokonit: 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Can’t imagine spending my lifetime with a sadist . Men go through a lot in life, no woman should add more.

Exactly.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Ilekokonit: 10:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
imagrg:
She's tired of the marriage union. All of your actions now displease her.

Good point.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Ilekokonit: 11:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
advanceDNA:
she even does it over small things becos it has gotten to her enjoying seeing you broken and begging

Compromise is need in marriage but when one person is taking advantage of the other person's meekness to emotionally manipulate it might be time to respond to fire with fire....

A lot of men do not realize that the more a cantankerous wife sees her husband helpless and begging her or God forbid crying in front of her, it is a sexual turn on for women and it makes her spiritual dick become bigger and eventually her spiritual dick will become bigger than her husbands physical dick and at that point she may just resort to attacking the man physically as at that time, the sight of the man disgusts her.
Re: Silent Treatment From Wife. by Ilekokonit: 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
advanceDNA:

I will never understand men like you that fuel peoples toxic behaviour....a woman will be treating her spouse with disgust and you will say he should force himself on some that wont talk to him even when he reaches out to her.

Shes enjoys treating him that way...shes clearly not an introvert since the op said all will be fine and lively until she looks for one small thing to release her witchcraft.....

Dont get me wrong...i totally understand that comromise is needed in marriages...but when one party wants to always behave like a two year old its wrong... even parrents spank their toddlers that supposedly dont know what they are doing

No one should treat their friend, lover, team member, helper like that if they truly see them in these light...

Flesh and blood did not reveal the above to you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Should A Lady Expose Her Body So Cheaply?... / Top 9 Things Women Will Always Find Attractive In Men. / Guys, would You Break Up With Yr GF Because She Wont Send You Unclad Pics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.