Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? (29665 Views)

Your Thought On Companies Asking For A Collateral/binding Agreement B4 Employmnt / Earn 6k Montly Online, It Is Legit, No Scam, No Registration Fees Just Hardwork. / I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by rajiedreez: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2022
It does. But if the job you're doing doesn't have annual leave, you don't expect your boss to pay you for those days even if he gave you permission to go. That you were honest doesn't have anything to do with this. I don't know how standard the company is but even we'll established firm won't give you a chance to go for the said burial without removing from your annual leave. The deceased person isn't immediate to you as far as your boss is concerned. So take heart dear

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Microwhy: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2022
Amb1045:
you're just like me, I'm a straight forward person, I hate taking things that don't belong to me. My conscience we always judge me when I do. I started studying animal behaviours and compare it to humans. Then I found out the truth. Check lion kids they can't hurt other animals until nature catch up with them they have to eat or feed. They have to do what they have to do to survive. Until you get to that stage where you have to survive. You will understand what life is all about. Keep moving you get there. I remembered before if I have something and someone who needs it ask me of that thing I will gladly give it out. But not now again, I will compare what I have gain from you before I support you with my own things. Eyes dee back now. Most politician has sold their soul like a tiger in the forest that hunt for fun, they steal for fun. Try to awake yourself early. This is a war you have to fight within yourself.
Thank you bro..
I realised all you stated above a bit late.
But I thank God.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by ichado1: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2022
You were granted permission to travel for two weeks, a a burial that has nothing to do with the company. For everyday you are in that village or missed work you were not supposed to be paid. You want to be paid complete even when you didn’t work for a full month? And it’s a private organization.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by fredoooooo: 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
It does .. just that Nigerians and the Nigeria system see it the other way .. they're hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by soul2: 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
I passed through the same from my wicked employer, I don't know how the son of the owner of a company will be thinking, the father will hand over the company to me because the father was praising for being dedicated to my wok. The son chased me o. Mateco
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by zakkxx: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2022
Don’t allow the devil to use his agent to stop u from doing good! Your good act will open several doors for you!! God that sees in secret will bless u! Continue to do good!!!
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.
I heard stories about how former employees before me, stole from the company. Even the last person i met there stole hundreds of thousands and was sacked 3 weeks after i joined.
I was hardworking , honest, punctual, polite and hands on the best worker.

I was made employee of the month , a month after i joined and guess how much i was given as reward? #250!
Lol
After i requested permission to travel to the East for a close Aunt's burial for a week and 2 days, i was permitted yet Half of my salary for last month was still deducted and that's why i quit.
After the way i served and upheld this company and even worked overtime most times and always get home very late at night.
It is well.. i know God and life has better
plans for me. ASUU strike or not.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by gbolswag(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2022
be deceiving yourself.....am not sure it works in this country
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Timekeeper452: 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2022
If you are working for a private company, firm or person, expect all this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Johel(m): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.
I heard stories about how former employees before me, stole from the company. Even the last person i met there stole hundreds of thousands and was sacked 3 weeks after i joined.

I was made employee of the month , a month after i joined and guess how much i was given as reward? #250!
Lol
After i requested permission to travel to the East for a close Aunt's burial for a week and 2 days, i was permitted yet Half of my salary for last month was still deducted and that's why i quit.
After the way i served and upheld this company and even worked overtime most times and always get home very late at night.

These companies don't care about us, no carry work for head, just work smart, get paid and go home, I repeat these companies no send our papa...they are all about their gains, they don't Wana see their staffs grow...so work smart.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by TechtraGadgets: 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

It's called capitalism. Finding the right opportunity for you is just as important as working hard and smart.

Take your lessons and make better, smarter decisions in the future.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you should lessen your standards unless you're ready to keep going down that road of little to no principles or morals.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Baltimore22(m): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2022
Just keep being you...[color=#770077][/color]
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by SerikiFulani(m): 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2022
Africans need to open their mind,seek for knowledge and use their brain smiley

Stop working for people except you earn at least a million dollars per annum.

Imagine going to school, acquiring a degree and working for someone for 30 years,yet you ain't worth a million dollars smiley Isn't that madness?

I'm glad some people are seeing the truth... Thank God for the world we live in now is Digital......Find yourself and you'll never work for money again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by naijapikin2(m): 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2022
Take this from me as a banker statement:

Your sack is their loss.

Just maintain your lane.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by blesdman(m): 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol
If u can realise that the term God is a metaphysical representation of any person in authority, ur own mindset and the great God(unseen), u will be wise in how u deal with people. Therefore, when u work be clear about ur boss being a good God or a stingy god.May God bless u simply means may a Good man bless u or favor u. This is why it is wise to work to be seen and appreciated by a good boss. Religion was introduced to instill fear in humans; be wise

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by JayPeeOham: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

The unfortunate truth is that no company can pay you what you are worth!

The only way to earn what you're worth is when you are paying yourself!

Sure you know what that means
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2022
With that type of mentality, you are distancing grace and favour in your life.
Amb1045:
you're just like me, I'm a straight forward person, I hate taking things that don't belong to me. My conscience we always judge me when I do. I started studying animal behaviours and compare it to humans. Then I found out the truth. Check lion kids they can't hurt other animals until nature catch up with them they have to eat or feed. They have to do what they have to do to survive. Until you get to that stage where you have to survive. You will understand what life is all about. Keep moving you get there. I remembered before if I have something and someone who needs it ask me of that thing I will gladly give it out. But not now again, I will compare what I have gain from you before I support you with my own things. Eyes dee back now. Most politician has sold their soul like a tiger in the forest that hunt for fun, they steal for fun. Try to awake yourself early. This is a war you have to fight within yourself. Reason why you see most top people support tinubu, they just want to survive. They feel they're closer to success through him than other politician

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Discountsempai: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

Time for a story....

Once upon a time, in a city in the good old USSR, some of the boys in the town discovered a new craze...lying across the tracks of the rail that ran through the town, and seeing if they could stop the train.

Usually, they would lie across the tracks , till the train stopped, then run before the train driver and engineer could catch them

Soon, all the boys bar one (the chap who was telling this story later on to his daughter as a child years later) had done it. Our boy , let's call him Sasha, decided that now was his turn to do it...

Alas, the day Sasha laid across the train track....the driver and engineer of the train stopped their train on time and caught him.

And guess what....he was labelled as that boy who repeatedly laid across the tracks....was disgraced in school and the village for some time.

No one, not even his friends , spoke up to defend him...they left him to the wolves..

Moral...be the boy who does not follow the crowd. Don't lie across the rail tracks because everyone else did it and got away. Because if you do, and they catch you...you will become a scapegoat.

At least, our boi Sasha grew up and became a writer. An adult who gets scapegoated on the other hand.....well, no one is equipped to bear other peoples sins plus their own.

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by jaxxy(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

How long did u work there? Loyalty isn't rewarded overnight tho. It takes consistency.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Amb1045(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
eRank:
With that type of mentality, you are distancing grace and favour in your life.
don't get me wrong. You have to put extra effort in all you.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by hotseat: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
Dear Op, nothing happens to you that has never happened to someone else.

Such is the system we presently find ourselves.

It is the way of the world.

Values have changed!

We accept bad things as the norm and the way to go while good things are spurned and regarded as sheer cowardice.

Now you'll hear fellow Nigerians saying it to your face: na honesty I wan chop? Na who honesty help?

Ask our polithiefians, who honesty help.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by lagosrd: 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

How will you travel for a week and 2 days and you expect the company to still be active when you come back. Pls wake up from your slumber. You don't do office jobs like that. Are you the child of the dead person. Set your priorities right now.
It has nothing to do with being honest or not. It a about how much value you place on what puts food on your table.

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by wirinet(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2022
LikeAking:

Nice!

The truth must b told.

We must break the chains of colonialism.
Yes we must. But can we break the chains of religious, language, literal and cultural colonialism?
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by GodisFirst: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2022
Good that you resigned than staying there and dent your image. Even if no one sees you, God does and that may affect your future.
Hope you got another job before leaving this, if not, get on your feet, dust your CV and certificates and start applying for new jobs. Visit Companies and other Business Establishments, Private or Government, you know and submit your docs. God will surely help you, an honest and sincere heart.
Good luck.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by 43Ronin: 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

You are too young to have this sense of entitlement and honestly this your attitude is not one of a successful person.You are a new employee who is not yet even entitled to a leave yet you want the company to pay you even though they were benevolent enough to allow you go for an "aunts burial of 2 weeks"
If you plan on being a career person just know that work experience is more valued than education. Because experience gives you skills that university doesn't give you. And with the drop in quality of education, believe me if you don't have work experience chances of getting a good job in a Nigerian economy is bleak since you will be competing against people who went to better private universities and whose student already graduate wit probably just one level left to pass ICAN or ACCA or computer science students who are already graduating with good knowledge of programming, DBA ,BA & Dat analytics. Start your own hustle so that you understand how biz environment is.
BTW in some companies employee of the month just has a picture placed on the wall next to the president, Governor & CEO that's all and maybe free movie vouchers, but the way the economy is and the huge cost of diesel these companies burn daily, its even a miracle to get a job.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
You did well but note that goodness in itself is not a means but an end. Don't expect anything from doing good.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by toluleke(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2022
So honesty should be based on reward . That should be your natural attitude whether rewarded or not
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Bigdicck: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol
thier loss, just keep doing what u doing
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Pickmycall: 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2022
No be honesty make Dangote a billionaire O.He got monopoly and price inflation.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by kaymart: 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:

K
What he said is right....
Consider his candid, Frank and honest suggestion.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by iamrealdeji(m): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
Stallionhorse:
If you have an opportunity to steal and not be caught please do it. Fuccck honest and all the crab you just wrote.. Mention one good person thats a billionaire In this country? Even the so called pastors take from the poor to fuel their extravagant life..
Chimera30 don't listen to this person pls. It may take quiet long before you make it in a honest way but many Nigerians are making it big in honest way and have rest of mind. They enjoy their money peacefully the person that commented wants you to end IP like Abba Kyari. He wants you to ruin your family's name. He is obviously a lazy criminal minded person with low self esteem that believes he can never make it in a honest way. If you lead a criminal life or steal money,you may end up in kirikiri maximum prison. If you are ready to make money in a dirty way,its way more difficult because you must assassinate,join occult,kidnap and be extremely wicked,bribe and warm the beds of powerful people if you're a woman,you must be prepared to do everything that God and humanity hates,you must be prepared to use your mother,kids,family members if you're instructed to do so by your occult just to be powerful and evade law against you. Stealing isn't as easy as you think,you may not get away with it,many powerful Billionaires that this person said made their money in a dirty way actually pay their price. Some sleep with their daughters and mother,some sleep with same sex,some use humans for rituals,some eat human flesh,some sacrifice thousands of people by inducing accident spiritually with their trucks or vehicles,those so called pastors he said defraud people don't find it that easy as some bury human heads under their pulpit,some sleep with many actresses(women with big enough fortune/star to become famous actresses),those actors actually snatch those big fortunes by adding it to theirs to be more fortunate. If it was that easy to extort church members,they wouldn't do all these. Deep down,most of these people are not happy but there cant be any opportunity to turn back,so they forge ahead. Did you hear the story of Adedoyin of Ife? Abba Kyari,Evans and the likes. I'm sure they're smarter than the guy that's trying to mislead you but they got caught and are regretting today. God is not stupid,most Nigerian youths remain poor because they're lazy and are looking for that opportunity to make it in a dirty way,they believe God is not powerful and so weak that he can't bless anyone that is hardworking and trying to make money in a honest way. So,going the dishonest way comes with very colossal prices to be paid because you have to forge ahead dirtier and more ruthless so as not to go broke or get caught. With persistence and determination,you will make it big in a honest way without even leaving this country. Don't let anyone mislead you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by joepepsy(m): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
Be honest for yourself and not for rewards..Nigeria mentality.
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by wirinet(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
lagosrd:

How will you travel for a week and 2 days and you expect the company to still be active when you come back. Pls wake up from your slumber. You don't do office jobs like that. Are you the child of the dead person. Set your priorities right now.
It has nothing to do with being honest or not. It a about how much value you place on what puts food on your table.

I am not holding brief for the OP, but you are being negative here. You did not see the part where he said he was employee of the month and was given N250, where he said he put it lots of overtime without pay in order to meet his obligations. The only one you saw was that he went to his Aunts burial for a week and two days, and do that justified cutting his salary by half.

If the company was not comfortable with him going to his village they would have told him or that they would cut his salary if it was approved. Furthermore work of nowadays is target based and not attendance based. Most of my friends in the oil and IT industry still work from home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD / Nlng November 2016 Siwes Application Is Now Open. / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.