Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? (29647 Views)

Your Thought On Companies Asking For A Collateral/binding Agreement B4 Employmnt / Earn 6k Montly Online, It Is Legit, No Scam, No Registration Fees Just Hardwork. / I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by HateIt1: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2022
Sorry , its terrible. Maybe you can try to work online . A lot ways to earn .
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Chimera30: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2022
HateIt1:
Sorry , its terrible. Maybe you can try to work online . A lot ways to earn .

Thanks.. pls can i send you a pm?
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by dion2romantik: 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2022
Funny u should write all this, yet ur status says u assist with all the attendant evils not ascribed by a true nysc calling....practice what u preach pls, u obviously are no different from the *scam* u distanced urself from. Sorry
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Lifehappened: 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2022
It does. Just keep doing right and God will bless you at his own time

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by 6ixT8: 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2022
Truth is, honestly don't really pay. Never ever try being honest with the opposite gender.

I regretted trying to be honest and clean in the exams hall all through my university days.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by ahnie: 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2022
dion2romantik:
Funny u should write all this, yet ur status says u assist with all the attendant evils not ascribed by a true nysc calling....practice what u preach pls, u obviously are no different from the *scam* u distanced urself from. Sorry
Hello reverend father romantik
How are you doing this evening...you dey disturb Sha o.
I know say you decode wetin I mean.

Goodnight!
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Backpedal: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2022
Orobokibo1:
this is another reason why you should hustle and start your own business..
No one will tell you not to travel or hold you back or deduct your salary since its your business

That's true
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Backpedal: 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2022
Shedrack777:
i never wanted to comment, but with this your quote, i'll have to tell you the truth. "NO MATTER HOW HONEST, GOOD AND HARDWORKING YOU ARE, YOUR NIGERIAN EMPLOYER, OGA OR MADAM SEES YOU AS A THIEF, A CUNNY PERSON AND NOT TRUST WORTHY"reason because they too have stole or cheated their superious and they tend to assume all their employees as cheats and thieves. the complete truth is that they believe you've been cheating and stealing from them while trying to use hardwork and honesty to cover it up

You have a point
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by lagosrd: 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
wirinet:

I am not holding brief for the OP, but you are being negative here. You did not see the part where he said he was employee of the month and was given N250, where he said he put it lots of overtime without pay in order to meet his obligations. The only one you saw was that he went to his Aunts burial for a week and two days, and do that justified cutting his salary by half.

If the company was not comfortable with him going to his village they would have told him or that they would cut his salary if it was approved. Furthermore work of nowadays is target based and not attendance based. Most of my friends in the oil and IT industry still work from home.

You need to learn to just work, earn and separate emotions from the work itself.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by wirinet(m): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2022
lagosrd:

You need to learn to just work, earn and separate emotions from the work itself.

From experience I have learnt that you cannot separate emotions from work or any other human activity. Man apart from being a social animal is a very emotional creature.
People have to be emotionally involved to more productive at work. If you find your workplace is stressful whether because you have the job or your bosses, your productivity and commitment to the job would be greatly reduced, even with the required skills and qualifications.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by lagosrd: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
wirinet:

From experience I have learnt that you cannot separate emotions from work or any other human activity. Man apart from being a social animal is a very emotional creature.
People have to be emotionally involved to more productive at work. If you find your workplace is stressful whether because you have the job or your bosses, your productivity and commitment to the job would be greatly reduced, even with the required skills and qualifications.

Hello am I also talking to you from experience, don't let life happen to you. Learn from others mistake . Don't learn from yours. It's better to separate emotions from work. It has nothing to do with your performance and don't be unnecessarily attached to your work.

Separate family, work, and your personal life. If you break down or you're ill disposed, you will understand better if truely you has passed through such . Experience is the best teacher.

Some years back in my company, one of our most dedicated white Italian factory manager mistakenly got himself into a running machine, he died and the company never shut down the plant foe a seconds.

My colleague died a day to his resumption from annual leave , was on the office on Friday to show face only to die by Saturday sleeping during final medical checkup . The sad thing is as my boss said we should stand up foe a minute silent for the guys, before I got on my two legs everyone has sat down. I said is this a minute silent and in less than 5munites someone else was told to resume his duty. These and many more.

Finally, I once overheard my then immediate national manager telling our marketing director on phone is an hotel room that those boys are so careless that they just jump in their car everyday and start driving. Do you know I had accident as I escaped armed robbers and had a bullet ridden car but my life was spared. My question is have you seen anyone wake up and say today I want to go and die of car accident before?

When your emotions overuns your common sense, you will be dazed at the result.

I wish you the best, but try to learn from others.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 12, 2022
Do you have any tips for hiring honest workers?
TheGift:

Oh please, honest and hard work has been Paying me in Nigeria. And I reward my staff beyond their salaries for honesty and hard work. A few have lost out on opportunities , because of dishonesty and lac attitude to work- all in Nigeria.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by TheGift: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2022
GenBuhari:
Do you have any tips for hiring honest workers?

Hmmm...

None of this is 100% but of the top of my head.

1. Hire based on references - especially for support staff or artisanal workers ; when you find an honest worker let that worker recommend other workers .

2. Do your background checks. Get references .

3. Watch out for cues of dishonesty e.g statements like "you too if you enter there will you not chop your own?"

4. Let them know from the onset that there are many things you can tolerate but two things you will not tolerate are lying and stealing (the two sides of the dishonesty coin)

5. Demonstrate a culture of honesty. Don't tell your staff to lie to NEPA that you are not around, when you are looking at them through your window.

I'll add if any more comes to mind.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2022
Thank you .
TheGift:

Hmmm...

None of this is 100% but of the top of my head.

1. Hire based on references - especially for support staff or artisanal workers ; when you find an honest worker let that worker recommend other workers .

2. Do your background checks. Get references .

3. Watch out for cues of dishonesty e.g statements like "you too if you enter there will you not chop your own?"

4. Let them know from the onset that there are many things you can tolerate but two things you will not tolerate are lying and stealing (the two sides of the dishonesty coin)

5. Demonstrate a culture of honesty. Don't tell your staff to lie to NEPA that you are not around, when you are looking at them through your window.

I'll add if any more comes to mind.

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Chaos14: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2022
dion2romantik:
Why did you send me a mail?
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.
I heard stories about how former employees before me, stole from the company. Even the last person i met there stole hundreds of thousands and was sacked 3 weeks after i joined.
I was hardworking , honest, punctual, polite and hands on the best worker.

I was made employee of the month , a month after i joined and guess how much i was given as reward? #250!
Lol
After i requested permission to travel to the East for a close Aunt's burial for a week and 2 days, i was permitted yet Half of my salary for last month was still deducted and that's why i quit.
After the way i served and upheld this company and even worked overtime most times and always get home very late at night.
It is well.. i know God and life has better
plans for me. ASUU strike or not.
They pay..
But that is, in a place they are valued.
And not in places where they have no value

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by BurgundyBlue: 5:42am On Oct 04, 2022
hello Sir please I tried sending you a mail back but it was displaying " email not found, or can not received mail"... please do well do chat me on up on WhatsApp... my number is attached on my siggy...thanks.. regards....
dion2romantik:
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
dion2romantik:
Sorry
Hello, can't receive mails. My NairaLand mail is broken

What's up?
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by FrancescoFarino(f): 5:49am On Nov 22, 2022
dion2romantik:
you've been sending me mails since which I've been unable to reply... send me direct message..check my number on signature...
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
dion2romantik:
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by meobizy(f): 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
dion2romantik:
Do I know you from anywhere?
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
dion2romantik:
🙃🙃You this weird human. Why do you keep sending me pms?
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Diligent1(f): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
dion2romantik:
Why did you send me a mail
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by VikingKing: 11:07pm On May 17, 2023
dion2romantik:

Guy, if you don't already have HIV then e sure me say you go soon catch am and na STD go kill you. In the last 6 months I've opened nothing less than 20 female monikers in a bid the gauge how people engage female profiles in discussion, brother you DM'ed 16 of that 20!

Judging from your profile, you don't add anything to this forum but look at the amount of women you're stalking! Omo, I you're gone o. You're a finished human being!!
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by VikingKing: 11:14pm On May 17, 2023
Diligent1:

Why did you send me a mail

Nia69:
🙃🙃You this weird human. Why do you keep sending me pms?

meobizy:
Do I know you from anywhere?

FrancescoFarino:
you've been sending me mails since which I've been unable to reply... send me direct message..check my number on signature...

BurgundyBlue:
hello Sir please I tried sending you a mail back but it was displaying " email not found, or can not received mail"... please do well do chat me on up on WhatsApp... my number is attached on my siggy...thanks.. regards....

Chaos14:

ahnie:

Hello reverend father romantik
How are you doing this evening...you dey disturb Sha o.
I know say you decode wetin I mean.

Goodnight!

That guy must be under a spell or he's just looking for how to spread STD's. He sends DM's to every moniker with an "f" behind its name.

How can someone be so brazenly shameless? These are but a few of Dion2romantik's potential victims. There's no way on earth anyone can convince me that this guy doesn't have an elaborate plan!
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by eepeepook: 8:24am On May 19, 2023
VikingKing:

Guy, if you don't already have HIV then e sure me say you go soon catch am and na STD go kill you. In the last 6 months I've opened nothing less than 20 female monikers in a bid the gauge how people engage female profiles in discussion, brother you DM'ed 16 of that 20!

Judging from your profile, you don't add anything to this forum but look at the amount of women you're stalking! Omo, I you're gone o. You're a finished human being!!
There are plenty of cockroaches like him in this forum. They don’t comment yet are always quick to create a thread asking for money because they spent eight years on Nairaland and posted only six comments. If I owned this medium, I’d delete their accounts on discovery. The admin for close shop if he depended on them to sustain the business.

I don’t believe he’s human unless he’s autistic, lives in isolation or is disabled. He strikes me more like a bot.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by eepeepook: 9:14am On May 19, 2023
dion2romantik:
Bot.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Nobody: 4:22am On May 31, 2023
dion2romantik:
angry Stop sending me pms. Weirdo.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by finallybusy: 4:57am On Jul 13, 2023
dion2romantik:
Which moderator’s alternate is this? I have a suspect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD / BEDC Recruitment 2017 / POLICE RECRUITMENT (General Duty) Invite For Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.