Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? (29655 Views)

Your Thought On Companies Asking For A Collateral/binding Agreement B4 Employmnt / Earn 6k Montly Online, It Is Legit, No Scam, No Registration Fees Just Hardwork. / I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Wallade(m): 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.
I heard stories about how former employees before me, stole from the company. Even the last person i met there stole hundreds of thousands and was sacked 3 weeks after i joined.
I was hardworking , honest, punctual, polite and hands on the best worker.

I was made employee of the month , a month after i joined and guess how much i was given as reward? #250!
Lol
After i requested permission to travel to the East for a close Aunt's burial for a week and 2 days, i was permitted yet Half of my salary for last month was still deducted and that's why i quit.
After the way i served and upheld this company and even worked overtime most times and always get home very late at night.
It is well.. i know God and life has better
plans for me. ASUU strike or not.

Na soft work dey pay well for Nigeria. People really don't want to know how you made your money anymore, they just want to know that you are rich ni; stupendously rich.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Blackman101: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2022
In the land of thief and criminals people still know an honest person and who can handle a position of trust.

Don't make a mistake, hardworking and been honest pays. when someone will recommended you for a position or job based on it, you will not believe it

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by dododawa1: 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
Honest in NIGERIA of today is 5%
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by CCC2(m): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2022
You travel for 9days just to attend an aunts burial?
Make una dey fear God nah.
Why not use ur annual leave for that.

I am an employer of labour and will not give u such time. 3 or 4 days is enough for you to attend any burial of someone who is neither your parent nor a sibling.
Am sure you wont run ur own business that way, yet you expect another man to do so.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by justmondris: 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
It’s does but it might not be immediate.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2022
I’m seriously working to set up my own company.
Reach me if you live in Lagos.

Princealli4u@gmail.Com

Drop your phone number on that Email and I will give you a call
chimera30
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Goldbw122(m): 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2022
Stallionhorse:
If you have an opportunity to steal and not be caught please do it. Fuccck honest and all the crab you just wrote.. Mention one good person thats a billionaire In this country? Even the so called pastors take from the poor to fuel their extravagant life..
Story that touches the heart
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Scientheosopher(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.
I heard stories about how former employees before me, stole from the company. Even the last person i met there stole hundreds of thousands and was sacked 3 weeks after i joined.

I was made employee of the month , a month after i joined and guess how much i was given as reward? #250!
Lol
After i requested permission to travel to the East for a close Aunt's burial for a week and 2 days, i was permitted yet Half of my salary for last month was still deducted and that's why i quit.
After the way i served and upheld this company and even worked overtime most times and always get home very late at night.

They often pay only in long term, if they will ever pay.
#Be honest and hard working not specifically for rewards from humans, but because of inner peace. When (not if) life happens, regrets and guilts won't be all over the place in your mind because your hands are clean.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Chimera30: 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I’m seriously working to set up my own company.
Reach me if you live in Lagos.

Princealli4u@gmail.Com

Drop your phone number on that Email and I will give you a call
chimera30

Okay Sir
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Ceejay57: 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
bro,no go kill your self untop does companies/factory works, remember karma is real.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by TolaniLuv: 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
Tickles001:
You were lied to.
Honesty, hardwork and loyalty pays only when you sell them. Not when you give them.

Are you a chimera?

Why would you think like this? Ist because you have Nigerian mentality? Cus I believe you can’t sell what you have naturally. Honesty, hard work and loyalty will take you far in life. You don’t have to sell this thing.

For instance, I work in a company where I don’t have to sell all this and today from a staff to the Manager of that company. I give my honesty ,hard work and loyal to my work. It got me here today I didn’t have to sell what I have.

At op! Just understand that what this person mean is you can create your own business and sell your honest,loyalty and hardwork to your customer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Druss(m): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2022
Honesty and Hardwork always pays. That company will collapse eventually.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by sureteeboy(m): 6:45pm On Sep 05, 2022
optm:
Keep being honest, it's a virtue most nigerians lack . Those supporting stealing , i hope you know that by doing that, you are running down someone's business and ultimately, people's source of lively hood. By doing that, u make many people loose their jobs and cause families to go hungry. There's no justification for evil. No excuse can make evil good. If you feel you deserve more in your job and you are not getting it, please quit, rather than run down someone's business and make others jobless .
Also for employers of labour, if your business can afford paying your staff well, please do pay them well and be not too greedy for profit at the detriment of your staff welfare. If we learn to put ourselves in the shoes of others, it would be easier to act better and justly towards them. Do unto others as you'll want to be done to you.
Nigerians tend to steal at the slightest opportunity, and yet expect their leaders not to do the same when such opportunity presents itself. To put an end to all these problems facing the country,I keep reteriating that we need to look inwards and stop pointing accusing fingers

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Oturatetuala(m): 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2022
Is good to be honest, please keep it up and one day your good heart will pay off.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by harju007: 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2022
Stallionhorse:
If you have an opportunity to steal and not be caught please do it. Fuccck honest and all the crab you just wrote.. Mention one good person thats a billionaire In this country? Even the so called pastors take from the poor to fuel their extravagant life..

Oil dey ur head jare
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by harju007: 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

Nothing is worth dieing for.
I also resign when i was also treated like you and decided to go and learn a skill
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Chimera30: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2022
harju007:

Nothing is worth dieing for.
I also resign when i was also treated like you and decided to go and learn a skill

What Skill did you learn?
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by benqo01(m): 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
Lol OP you re very funny even your your boss isn't honest, so where is yours coming from? Honesty died in the country years back
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2022
Tickles001:
You were lied to.
Honesty, hardwork and loyalty pays only when you sell them. Not when you give them.

Are you a chimera?

Many saw this, but the couldn't ask the right question.

So let me help.

How can one sell Honesty, hardwork and loyalty in his or her work place?
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by ejimatic: 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol
. We're yiu told yiur money would be deducted for spending a week and two days? If yes why did you resign? If no why resigning? Private jobs will akways be private jobs. If I had heard this I would have adivised you to keep working there until u got another one. Half a bread is better than none!
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Dada4me: 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2022
It's unfortunate that corruption is rated over honesty in this part of the world.

I was stopped by men of FRSC few weeks ago. I had everything they asked for, including working brake lights. They asked for spare tyre and C caution and I provided them.

He looked at my tyres and said one of my tyres was expired. I sensed he wants to book me at all cost because I didn't give him money like two people before me did.

I pleaded with him to let me go as the said tyre was in very good condition, but my plea fell on deaf ears.

I cried before leaving the place and they wondered why I became emotional. I actually cried for the system. It rewards corruption while it punishes honesty.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by LZAA: 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
You expect a reward for being honest?really??
Wow....
No wonder most of you rush abroad forgetting that the same abroad would have the same problems if they all took the same attitude you and your ex colleagues take to work
The bare minimum in any job is to be diligent and professional
In a way i blame the educational system here
All it teaches is primary/secondary school,University,get a job,get married and have kids grin
We will get there one day
We will get there

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by EmekaCharles10(m): 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2022
Keep it up
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by PID1412: 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2022
Really they shouldn't have deducted your money because you asked for permission except already stated in the coy policy handbook.

However, keep your godly virtues because you will surely be rewarded for it.
Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by pikechukwu6(m): 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2022
Yesterday i quit my job.

Chimera30:
ok nah
Lol
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by AFONAMARO: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

You asked for a week and two days for an aunty's burial?

You guys play too much in this country!

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by floss(m): 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

It's surprising to see the kind of criminal mentalities you fools boldly spread here

This explains why many Nigerian youths are rotting in foreign prisons, as well as why many countries no longer want Nigerians within their borders.
''Superbly rich'' kiii you there!
Must you be ''superbly rich''
If you must be, then work for it; don't go about looking for where to steal. Elon Musk, Bill Gates, etc, didn't steal from anyone

Continue with your long sermon while politicians that already looted your future and that of your kids continue ruling you, don't fight for the future of your kids, continue making same mistakes your parents made....do you think you will enjoy a better Nigeria if you are broke?
Nigeria is not for everyone.... know this and know peace.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by iamrealdeji(m): 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
Eagba:
because you know that it will not make you rich. can't you see how all our leaders that stole money are being looked down upon in the western world, they can't never be regarded in the same breath with Lee Kwan yew of Singapore or chairman ma of China, Einstein of science Jackson of pop
our leaders that steal are looked down upon in the western world and seen as riff raffs
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Wwwq: 12:58am On Sep 06, 2022
Why
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by showafrica(m): 4:00am On Sep 06, 2022
Chimera30:

So what if i don't get to leave Nigeria?
I'll keep being taken advantage of?
Well.. i think i'm just wired like that and wether it pays me or not , my conscience is always at peace and ease.

Peace is one thing you can't buy with money, only straight forward life in Christ gives such. Enjoy your peace, some rich men are looking for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by harju007: 5:55am On Sep 06, 2022
Chimera30:

What Skill did you learn?

Programming
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by nedekid: 6:03am On Sep 06, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Understandable, naija can make one feel and do as you said, buy hey, that is the bane of the country right now that nothing works. Everybody wants to grab what they can not thinking of the collective good. The line is that join them if you cannot beat them. Evil is celebrated while hard work, honesty is scorned at.
Truely unfortunate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / POLICE RECRUITMENT (General Duty) Invite For Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.