Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God (1555 Views)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

“Adopting the language of white racists”

Chief olodo, you missed my point. Why bother chatting me with the language of “white racists” to pass home your point?

You disgust me. Spits!

You are no different from the people you label as racists.

Phyllis Wheatley syndrome having slowpoke. You are the definition of disgusting.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Did J. D. Crossan do more than those he considered academic embarrassments? No

Did he proof that there is a historical Jesus? No

A Christian call h a person a slowpoke is like being stabbed by a blunt object.

Did J.D. Crossan deny the existence of Jesus Christ? Yes or No.

You ended up shooting your self in the foot trying to make a phantom point cheesy

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Did J.D. Crossan deny the existence of Jesus Christ? Yes or No.

You ended up shooting your self in the foot trying to make a phantom point cheesy

Did J.D. Crossman confr the existence of a Jesus Christ? Yes or No.

“Deny the existence” is not how it works.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Phyllis Wheatley syndrome having slowpoke. You are the definition of disgusting.

cheesy Oshey, in blowing grammar in the language of “white racists”… he plumbed into deeper depths of stupidity cheesy

I’ve thrown you some bananas for a hard day’s work.

Now entertain me some more cheesy
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Did J.D. Crossman confr the existence of a Jesus Christ? Yes or No.

“Deny the existence” is not how it works.

You’re not blind, read the screenshot

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
“Deny the existence” of xyz

https://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialsciences/ppecorino/phil_of_religion_text/CHAPTER_5_ARGUMENTS_EXPERIENCE/Burden-of-Proof.htm

Most people as young children appear to have a “commonsense” understanding of the burden of proof. When young people hear a claim being made and it is, in their minds and experience, an extraordinary claim being made, quite often the response is one of asking for something to support the claim. The most common retorts are along the line of “Prove it”, “What makes you say that”, “Sow me” or something like “Oh, yeah?”. Somewhere along the way too many humans lose that sense and too often suspend their inclination to accept the principles underlying the “Burden of Proof”. Going a bit further it is to be noted that not all people care to be considered as being rational or reasonable or willing to use their intellect as best as possible but for any person who cares at all about being rational and using reason then operating with the "Burden of Proof" rule of reason:

You cannot claim that "miracles exist unless someone proves that they do not exist."

You cannot claim that "souls exist unless someone proves that they do not exist."

You cannot claim that "angels exist unless someone proves that they do not exist."

You cannot claim that "deities exist unless someone proves that they do not exist."
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2022
Smh, the dude ended up saying nothing useful in the end.

1. Can’t provide evidences of Jewish historians and scholars unanimously denying the existence of Jesus Christ.

2. Evidences of Jewish historians and scholars attesting to the existence of Jesus Christ was dismissed by the same clown as people with “Christian sympathies”

3. Even J.D. Crossman he was trying to use as his point to deny the existence of Jesus Christ actually affirms his existence.

A hardened fool will remain what he is. A hardened fool.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:
Smh, the dude ended up saying nothing useful in the end.

1. Can’t provide evidences of Jewish historians and scholars unanimously denying the existence of Jesus Christ.

2. Evidences of Jewish historians and scholars attesting to the existence of Jesus Christ was dismissed by the same clown as people with “Christian sympathies”

3. Even J.D. Crossman he was trying to use as his point to deny the existence of Jesus Christ actually affirms his existence.

A hardened fool will remain what he is. A hardened fool.

Okay, let’s start from your premise that “jewish historians and scholars” do not “deny the existence of Jesus”

Without referring to the gospels, What are the facts about this “historical” person?

Forget Tacitus and Seutonius because they didn’t mention Jesus. “Chrestus” may well have been Serapis.

Josephus’ alleged statement only makes sense if one already knows the gospel, which support the claims of them being interpolations.

So without the three gentlemen and the gospels, what are the facts?

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Okay, let’s start from your premise that “jewish historians and scholars” do not “deny the existence of Jesus”

Without referring to the gospels, What are the facts about this “historical” person?

His brother James, was the leader of the Jerusalem church, and was stoned to death.

See screenshot from Antiquity of the Jews written by first century historian - Josephus Flavius.

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

His brother James, was the leader of the Jerusalem church, and was stoned to death.

See screenshot from Antiquity of the Jews written by first century historian - Josephus Flavius.

Without Josephus please. James could well have been the brother of one of the numerous Jesus’ in Josephus’ work.

The interpolation in the passage you presented is “who was called Christ”.
Did Josephus call this James the “leader of the Jerusalem church”?
How come Josephus did not expound on the phrase “who was called Christ”? Because the forger expected the readers to know “Christ”. If one is not aware of the gospel then Josephus clearly did not write enough for us to know what a Christ is.

Like I said above, that statement about James and Jesus only makes sense if one already knows the gospel.

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Forget Tacitus and Seutonius because they didn’t mention Jesus. “Chrestus” may well have been Serapis.

Josephus’ alleged statement only makes sense if one already knows the gospel, which support the claims of them being interpolations.

Claims of interpolation is dead on arrival.

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The Chrestus referred to by Tacitus is obviously Jesus.

His followers were blamed and persecuted for the great fire of Rome.

1. Serapis did not originate from Judea.
2. Serapis was not executed by Pontius Pilate.

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Claims of interpolation is dead on arrival.

Still, you haven’t presented any facts about Jesus yet. So a guy named James was stoned to death, what does have have to do with historical Jesus?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

The Chrestus referred to by Tacitus is obviously Jesus.

His followers were blamed and persecuted for the great fire of Rome.

1. Serapis did not originate from Judea.
2. Serapis was not executed by Pontius Pilate.

Okay. Still no evidence of Jesus. The most we have now is that followers of a Chrestus existed and allegedly started a fire.

Do you have any evidence of a Jesus Chrestus from Judea? Is Chrestus a Hebrew word?

Why did Tacitus refer to this superstition as something evil, hideous, and shameful?
And why do you think that refers to Jesus?

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Okay. Still no evidence of Jesus. The most we have now is that followers of a Chrestus existed and allegedly started a fire.

Do you have any evidence of a Jesus Chrestus from Judea? Is Chrestus a Hebrew word?

Why did Tacitus refer to this superstition as something evil, hideous, and shameful?

Jesus (not Serapis) was executed by Pontius Pilate as corroborated by Tacitus, still is not evidence for his existence? Was a ghost executed and crucified? cheesy

I can't believe you're asking some questions. Latin and Greek were the most popular languages in the Roman Empire.
Tacitus wrote this historic account in Latin.
Christus is a latin word. Jesus is not a Jewish word. Yeshua or Yehoshua is the word you are looking for if it's hebrew you're concerned with.
Asking if Jesus Chrestus is a Hebrew word is a laughable question to be honest.

Now, read...where Tacitus wrote the belief in Jesus Christ originated from Judea?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Still, you haven’t presented any facts about Jesus yet. So a guy named James was stoned to death, what does have have to do with historical Jesus?

He was Jesus' younger brother undecided

Is that too difficult to comprehend?

Are you expecting a video recording of Jesus and his brother James before you accept they existed? cheesy
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Besides, the cogent question one who is really looking for proof to ask for is...

Did Pontius Pilate execute Jesus Christ?

The questions on superstition is nothing but pure deflection on the argument whether Jesus Christ existed or not.

Pontius Pilate cannot crucify a ghost. It's amazing you somehow skipped this question.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Jesus (not Serapis) was executed by Pontius Pilate as corroborated by Tacitus, still is not evidence for his existence? Was a ghost executed and crucified? cheesy

I can't believe you're asking some questions. Latin and Greek were the most popular languages in the Roman Empire.
Tacitus wrote this historic account in Latin.
Christus is a latin word. Jesus is not a Jewish word. Yeshua or Yehoshua is the word you are looking for if it's hebrew you're concerned with.
Asking if Jesus Chrestus is a Hebrew word is a laughable question to be honest.

Now, read...where Tacitus wrote the belief in Jesus originated from Judea?

How is it laughable? Is the Christ concept a jewish concept?

So Tacitus wrote that a superstition about a Chrestus arose in Judea. How is that proof of Jesus?

Are you saying that there were people named Yeshua executed by Pilate and that a superstition arose about of one them?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Besides, the cogent question one who is really looking for proof to ask for is...

The questions on superstition is nothing but pure deflection on the argument whether Jesus Christ existed or not.

Pontius Pilate cannot crucify a ghost.

We are trying to establish his existence. The question of superstition is not deflection when it’s one of the claims of your source.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Are you expecting a video recording of Jesus and his brother James before you accept they existed? cheesy

grin if there was video you wouldn’t need “faith”.

Anyway, where in Josephus is James referred to as the “younger” brother?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

How is it laughable? Is the Christ concept a jewish concept?

So Tacitus wrote that a superstition about a Chrestus arose in Judea. How is that proof of Jesus?

Are you saying that there were people named Yeshua executed by Pilate and that a superstition arose about of one them?

There was a popular preacher and teacher named Jesus (Hebrew word - Yeshua) who was condemned to death by Pontius Pilate in Judea

Decades later, his followers (including key leaders such as Paul and Peter) were blamed by Nero, persecuted and killed for the great fire of Rome.

It can't get any simpler than this to decipher
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2022
blokoncept:

Before your religious mind consumes you; think on this HARD TRUTH.

John says: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and with-out Him nothing was made that was made.” (John 1:1-3).

This above verse immediately disqualifies the bible as the word of God.

Don't get it twisted that the LETTERS on your CHRISTIAN BIBLE ARE DEAD LETTERS except if the WORD OF GOD opens your mind to Understand the mind of God.

Again I say it that, the BIBLE isn't the WORD of God.

#GsonEbuka
I agree, if you mean that Jesus is the Word of God, not the Bible, as many believe.

The bolded from the Bible is proof of that view, and Jesus is neither the Bible, nor is the Bible, Jesus.

God bless.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

grin if there was video you wouldn’t need “faith”.

Anyway, where in Josephus is James referred to as the “younger” brother?

Oh my goodness...so Josephus needed faith to affirm the existence of Jesus Christ? cheesy

Read the screenshot slowly. See the part where it was mentioned "and brought before them the brother of Jesus who was called Christ, whose name was James"

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

If Jesus means Yeshua, the Romans probably executed a few of them.
I haven’t seen any record of Pontius Pilates executions so I don’t know who he had executed.

Who is Jesus Christ? Are those first and last names?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Oh my goodness...so Josephus needed faith to affirm the existence of Jesus Christ? cheesy

Read the screenshot slowly. See the part where it was mentioned "and brought before them the brother of Jesus who was called Christ, whose name was James"

Now you read it slowly and show me “younger brother”. Did this James have a family name?
OkCornel:

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

If Jesus means Yeshua, the Romans probably executed a few of them.
I haven’t seen any record of Pontius Pilates executions so I don’t know who he had executed.

Who is Jesus Christ? Are those first and last names?

Add up the pieces. How many Jesus (popular preacher) whose brother was James did Pontius Pilate condemn to death? undecided
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Now you read it slowly and show me “younger brother”. Did this James have a family name?

Jesus was the first born of his siblings. I’m sorry, but your questions are boring me. It’s not intellectually stimulating or challenging at all.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Add up the pieces. How many Jesus (popular preacher) whose brother was James did Pontius Pilate condemn to death? undecided

So, are you now referring to the same gospels as historical? If Josephus had really written that passage, wouldn’t he have expounded on “Christ”?

This supports the fact that they are interpolations. You are trying to refer to the gospels to make sense of Josephus because they are forgeries that can only make sense if one knows the myth.

You don’t have enough pieces to add up yet.

You were supposed to provide facts and you are already referring to the gospels to support the “younger brother”.

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Jesus was the first born of his siblings. I’m sorry, but your questions are boring me. It’s not intellectually stimulating or challenging at all.

How do you know Jesus was the first born of his siblings?

It should be stimulating. This is how you do research and tell fact from fiction.smiley)

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

So, are you now referring to the same gospels as historical? If Josephus had really written that passage, wouldn’t he have expounded on “Christ”?

This supports the fact that they are interpolations. You are trying to refer to the gospels to make sense of Josephus because they are forgeries that can only make sense if one knows the myth.

You don’t have enough pieces to add up yet.

You were supposed to provide facts and you are already referring to the gospels to support the “younger brother”.

You’re arguing over a done and dusted issue.
1. Everyone with a functioning grey matter in their skull and versed with Jewish history knows Jesus Christ was the first born of his siblings.

2. Thorough research has been done, and your arguments on interpolation has been debunked.

Make it worth my time asking me intelligent questions.

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

You’re arguing over a done and dusted issue.
1. Everyone with a functioning grey matter in their skull and versed with Jewish history knows Jesus Christ was the first born of his siblings.

2. Thorough research has been done, and your arguments on interpolation has been debunked.

Make it worth my time asking me intelligent questions.

How do you know Jesus was the first born of his siblings apart from the myth?

What are evidence unearthed by this research?

I already asked you to show facts about this Jesus existence without the gospels and you have been unable to do that. You tried Josephus but you had to refer to the gospels, same as Tacitus.

Okay, let’s say Pilate executed a guy named Yeshua who had a brother (younger or older) named James.

What else?

Your source say “This reference is said to be more authentic that the Testimonium”! Does that mean one of this “evidence” is a forgery?
If one is a forgery why not the other?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

How do you know Jesus was the first born of his siblings apart from the myth?

What are evidence unearthed by this research?

I already asked you to show facts about this Jesus existence without the gospels and you have been unable to do that. You tried Josephus but you had to refer to the gospels, same as Tacitus.

Okay, let’s say Pilate executed a guy named Yeshua who had a brother (younger or older) named James.

What else?

Kindly show me where I referred to the gospel rather than Tacitus or Josephus.

Let me guess, Tacitus and Josephus are now part of the gospels too?

Arguing whether James is the older or younger brother of Jesus Christ has no bearing whatsoever on the existence of Jesus Christ. Just another ploy to deflect from the main subject of discuss.

Not an intelligent question for anyone who really wants to know whether Jesus Christ existed or not.

Same tactic was deployed to discuss about “superstition” rather than the condemnation of Jesus to death by Pontius Pilate.

Again, I’m still awaiting intelligent questions challenging the existence of Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Human Were God / God's Little Test Subjects - Why The Love Of God Is A Fraud. / The Truth In Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.