Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God (1556 Views)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Kindly show me where I referred to the gospel rather than Tacitus or Josephus.

Let me guess, Tacitus and Josephus are now part of the gospels too?

Arguing whether James is the older or younger brother of Jesus Christ has no bearing whatsoever on the existence of Jesus Christ. Just another ploy to deflect from the main subject of discuss.

Not an intelligent question for anyone who really wants to know whether Jesus Christ existed or not.

Same tactic was deployed to discuss about “superstition” rather than the condemnation of Jesus to death by Pontius Pilate.

Again, I’m still awaiting intelligent questions challenging the existence of Jesus Christ.

Where did you get the “younger brother” claim if not from the gospels?
It obviously isn’t Josephus!
How do you support the Pilate claim without referring to the gospels?

We are still waiting historical facts that don’t refer to the gospels to support this Jesus.

I have also allowed the Pilate claim to make this easier for you.

So what else you got that doesn’t refer back to the myth or the gospels?

I bet the “scholars”, ancient or otherwise,you keep citing have some evidence for their claim apart from faith. Quote the evidence from one their works if you must.

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

We are still waiting historical facts that don’t refer to the gospels to support this Jesus.

Again, you are deflecting from the main point which is the existence of Jesus Christ.

How does Jesus Christ being either the elder or younger brother (which is totally laughable) of James invalidate his existence?

You’re looking real hard for deflect from the discussion.

Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, and all scholars of antiquity agree on the existence of Jesus Christ.

I’m still awaiting intelligent questions and evidences that prove otherwise.

Not pitiable deflections
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I bet the “scholars”, ancient or otherwise,you keep citing have some evidence for their claim apart from faith. Quote the evidence from one their works if you must.

Still grasping hard at straws I see…

Josephus clearly mentioned Jesus Christ is the brother of James.

How exactly does that even contradict the gospel?

Or are you privy of any evidence from Josephus that states Jesus Christ is the younger brother of James?

Drum harder on the deflection. Still awaiting intelligent questions.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Still grasping hard at straws I see…

Josephus clearly mentioned Jesus Christ is the brother of James.

How exactly does that even contradict the gospel?

Or are you privy of any evidence from Josephus that states Jesus Christ is the younger brother of James?

Drum harder on the deflection. Still awaiting intelligent questions.

We have already agreed to let the historical Jesus stand. Josephus, Tacitus, Seutonius.

The question has to do with historical facts about this Jesus outside of those sources.

What did this historical Jesus do apart from get executed?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

We have already agreed to let the historical Jesus stand. Josephus, Tacitus, Seutonius.

The question has to do with historical facts about this Jesus outside of those sources.

What did this historical Jesus do apart from get executed?

Are we talking about existence? Or exploits…
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Are we talking about existence? Or exploits…

Exploits will prove existence.
All we have is that some guy named Yeshua was amongst the people executed under the orders of a man named Pilate.
So what?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Exploits will prove existence.
All we have is that some guy named Yeshua was amongst the people executed under the orders of a man named Pilate.
So what?

Exploits will prove existence? Lol.

According to your logic, people who never showed any exploits within that same timeframe Jesus Christ lived also never existed.

If you want exploits, go and discuss with the Jewish rabbis, Christians and Muslims on that.

By the way, Jewish rabbis that hated him have this to say about his exploits (screenshot below). His miracles were acclaimed to be magic and sorcery. Not fraud or gimmicks

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

According to your logic, people who never showed any exploits within that same timeframe Jesus Christ lived also never existed.

If we were talking about any of those people in the alleged timeframe, we would ask facts about them including any exploits of theirs that can serve as evidence for their alleged existence.

You just spoke about the alleged exploit of Pilate as evidence of your guy but all of a sudden, exploits can’t prove existence.

According to my logic and every reasonable person’s, if I claim Susej existed, it’s up to me to provide evidence that will include exploits.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

If we were talking about any of those people in the alleged timeframe, we would ask facts about them including any exploits of theirs that can serve as evidence for their alleged existence.

You just spoke about the alleged exploit of Pilate as evidence of your guy but all of a sudden, exploits can’t prove existence.

According to my logic and every reasonable person’s, if I claim Susej existed, it’s up to me to provide evidence that will include exploits.

Did you read those screenshots at all before replying?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

If you want exploits, go and discuss with the Jewish rabbis, Christians and Muslims on that.

By the way, Jewish rabbis that hated him have this to say about his exploits (screenshot below). His miracles were acclaimed to be magic and sorcery. Not fraud or gimmicks

Were they referring to actions outside the gospels?
I already said religious authority relying on religious texts are not relevant. Unless, these “sages” are using actual sources, their opinion about the events that occurred in myths are irrelevant.

You wouldn’t believe Arab “sages” just because they claim Mohammed met an angel in cave.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Did you read those screenshots at all before replying?

I don’t care about your screenshots. These people believing something doesn’t make it true.
A Jewish rabbi claiming Moses existed and did all those implausible things is not believable.
Claims are judged on their merit not because of the non existent authority of some “Jewish rabbi”.

Unlike Jewphiles like Sonmvayina and Mindhacker, the “Jewish rabbi” is smart enough not to refute the existence of Jesus or claim his miracles did not happen because he knows doing such will invite the same criticism of his own beliefs.

If he says Jesus didn’t do this or that, then the question become, what about Moses and the “prophets”?
Bullshit provides the Jewish rabbi’s daily bread not HaShem. So bullshit will be supported.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Were they referring to actions outside the gospels?
I already said religious authority relying on religious texts are not relevant. Unless, these “sages” are using actual sources, they opinion about the events in that occurred in myths are irrelevant.

You wouldn’t believe Arab “sages” just because they claim Mohammed met an angel in cave.

Jewish sages who hated him, but could not deny his miracles and called it magic.

Yeah right…
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Jewish sages who hated him, but could not deny his miracles and called it magic.

Yeah right…

Jewish “sages” calling his actions in the gospels magic doesn’t prove anything. Are they talking about anything other than the gospels?

Jewish “sages” call it magic, I call it myth and I am also a “sage”.

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I don’t care about your screenshots. These people believing something doesn’t make it true.
A Jewish rabbi claiming Moses existed and did all those implausible things is not believable.
Claims are judged on their merit not because of the non existent authority of some “Jewish rabbi”.

Unlike Jewphiles like Sonmvayina and Mindhacker, the “Jewish rabbi” is smart enough not to refute the existence of Jesus or claim his miracles did not happen because he knows doing such will invite the same criticism of his own beliefs.

If he says Jesus didn’t do this or that, then the question become, what about Moses and the “prophets”?
Bullshit provides the Jewish rabbi’s daily bread not HaShem. So bullshit will be supported.

You really need help.

In one instance, you asked for extra biblical sources of Jesus’ exploits.

You’re now provided with screenshots of them, then you don’t care about the screenshots.

Isn’t that comedy? cheesy
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Jewish “sages” calling his actions in the gospels magic doesn’t prove anything. Are they talking about anything other than the gospels?

What other exploits outside the gospel are you looking for?

Exploits of Jesus taking a dump in the pit lantrine? undecided

You don’t know what you are looking for. So I’ll just watch as you keep entertaining me
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

You really need help.

In one instance, you asked for extra biblical sources of Jesus’ exploits.

You’re now provided with screenshots of them, then you don’t care about the screenshots.

Isn’t that comedy? cheesy

You didn’t provide anything dude!!
Cite the source of your jewish sages if it’s not the same gospels.
The comedy is your inability to provide anything without referring to the gospels while pretending that the historicity of the gospels is not what you’re claiming.

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

You didn’t provide anything dude!!
Cite the source of your jewish sages if it’s not the same gospels.
The comedy is your inability to provide anything without referring to the gospels while pretending that the historicity of the gospels is not what you’re claiming.

You don’t read, and it’s quite irritating spoon feeding you at this point.

Did you gloss over this part of the screenshot I’ve now underlined for you?

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

What other exploits outside the gospel are you looking for?

Exploits of Jesus taking a dump in the pit lantrine? undecided

You don’t know what you are looking for. So I’ll just watch as you keep entertaining me

If you have one of him taking a dump, present it. You had no problems citing the claims of execution in Tacitus.
E.g. the hullabaloo that happened when he went into Jerusalem on a donkey. Do you have a source for something like that apart from the gospels?
If not, just say so instead of telling us about Jewish sages.
If you don’t have anything apart from the disputed Josephus, Tacitus, and Seutonius, just say so.

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

You don’t read, and it’s quite irritating spoon feeding you at this point.

Did you gloss over this part of the screenshot I’ve now underlined for you?

Is the Talmud a religious text or not?

The claim in your screenshot require more evidence than what the two rabbis discussed!
I don’t care if Jewish sages think the supernatural is real or their claims about some dude named Jacob.

Give a source outside your gospels of the earthquake that happened after Pilate allegedly had the dude executed.

Hell, give a source outside the Bible about Herod ordering infanticide. At least we can use that to confirm a claim made in the gospels.

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The claim in your screenshot require more evidence than what the two rabbis discussed!
I don’t care if Jewish sages think the supernatural is real or their claims about some dude named Jacob.

Give a source outside your gospels of the earthquake that happened after Pilate allegedly had the dude executed.

Nope, you’ve shifted the goalpost.
The Talmud is not the gospel. You clearly mentioned gospel. The Talmud is not the Bible.

I’m bringing extra biblical sources here.

Hold your *L*

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Nope, you’ve shifted the goalpost.
The Talmud is not the gospel. You clearly mentioned gospel. The Talmud is not the Bible.

Hold your *L*

The Talmud is a religious text, same as the gospels. Or do I need to start spelling out all the religious texts you can’t use. Should I mention the Quran too?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The Talmud is a religious text, same as the gospels. Or do I need to start spelling out all the religious texts you can’t use. Should I mention the Quran too?

Nope, you’ve shifted the goalpost. Now you’re conflating the Talmud with the gospels.

You asked for sources outside the gospel. You can’t change the goalpost in the middle of the game.

Accept your L.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Nope, you’ve shifted the goalpost. Now you’re conflating the Talmud with the gospels.

You asked for sources outside the gospel. You can’t change the goalpost in the middle of the game.

Accept your L.

What is being discussed in the Talmud other than the claims made in the gospels?

Give a source outside your gospels and other related religious texts of the earthquake that happened after Pilate allegedly had the dude executed.

Hell, give a source outside the Bible (torah, Talmud, gospels, etc) about Herod ordering infanticide. At least we can use that to confirm a claim made in the gospels.

The Talmud discussion talks about Joshua Ben Perachjah. Is that supposed to be your Jesus?
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

What is being discussed in the Talmud other than the claims about the gospels?

Give a source outside your gospels and other related religious texts of the earthquake that happened after Pilate allegedly had the dude executed.

Hell, give a source outside the Bible (torah, Talmud, gospels, etc) about Herod ordering infanticide. At least we can use that to confirm a claim made in the gospels.

Accept your L bros. You asked for sources outside the gospel. See screenshot of your own words below.

You can’t shift the goalpost in the middle of the game.

Unless you want to tell us Talmud is now part of the Bible.

Don’t embarrass yourself outside please. Talmud is not part of the Bible.

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown, Talmud is not part of the Bible. I can’t believe the gaffe I just read.

Josephus, Suetonius, Tacitus, the Talmud are extra biblical texts that attest to the existence of Jesus Christ.

I wonder what more a rational thinking person would want in addition to the robust research performed by all scholars of antiquity too…
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 6:28pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Accept your L bros. You asked for sources outside the gospel. See screenshot of your own words below.

You can’t shift the goalpost in the middle of the game.

Unless you want to tell us Talmud is now part of the gospels.

Don’t embarrass yourself outside please. Talmud is not part of the Bible.

What is the prize you get for your perceived W?

Okay, I reject the Talmud and discussions of the Talmud as religious texts that don’t provide historicity or prove anything.

1 Like

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

What is the prize you get for your perceived W?

Okay, I reject the Talmud and discussions of the Talmud as religious texts that don’t provide historicity or prove anything.

When will you ever learn the Talmud is not a part of the Bible or even the gospels to start with?

Just swallow your L peacefully.

Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:
KnownUnknown, Talmud is not part of the Bible. I can’t believe the gaffe I just read.

Must be the end of the world. Talmud, Torah, gospels, old and New Testament. Just provide sources outside of religious texts which you had no problem doing with Josephus and co.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

When will you ever learn the Talmud is not a part of the Bible or even the gospels to start with?

Just swallow your L peacefully.

Ok, Talmud is not part of the Bible.
Is it a religious text? If so, it’s not allowable in the discussion.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 6:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Must be the end of the world. Talmud, Torah, gospels, old and New Testament. Just provide sources outside of religious texts which you had no problem doing with Josephus and co.

And what did you do with the extra biblical sources provided by Tacitus and Josephus? They confirm the existence of Jesus Christ. Case closed.

The Jewish Rabbis that hated him so much and insulted him in the Talmud could not deny his miracles which were called magic.

What more do you want? A selfie video of Jesus Christ on the cross? cheesy
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by OkCornel(m): 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Ok, Talmud is not part of the Bible.
Is it a religious text? If so, it’s not allowable in the discussion.

Too late, can’t change goalposts in the middle of the game. Outside the gospel was the yardstick for this discussion.
Re: The BIBLE Is NEVER The Word Of God by KnownUnknown: 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
OkCornel:

The Jewish Rabbis that hated him so much and insulted him in the Talmud could not deny his miracles which were called magic.

What more do you want? A selfie video of Jesus Christ on the cross? cheesy

And I asked for the source used by the “Jewish Rabbis who hated him so much” if they are not religious texts.
Were any of these “Jewish rabbis who hated him so much” his contemporaries or were they discussing religious texts?

What magic exactly did these Jewish rabbis say he performed.

If you had a selfie video, you wouldn’t need faith or have the Chicago boy as a profile picture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Th End Of This World Is So Near: For Real: [make Sure You Read This]: / Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed / Video Of A Female Preacher Preaches With Her Brest Out.na Wah Oh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.