Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,311 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport (13271 Views)

Emdee Tiamiyu Apologises Over Comment On BBC Interview / FAAN Apologises Over blackout At MMIA, Ikeja / Commotion Among Passengers In Nigeria-turkey Bound Plane Over Faulty AC (2) (3) (4)

Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Frontdude(m): 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
This is Nigeria.
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by ufotunang: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2022
Nawaoooo...so this is the change and next level nigerians voted for
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Horus(m): 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2022
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria have a duty to inspect, maintain, and repair any escalators in their buildings. An airport, being an important infrastructure, has to meet high Safety Standards. The required level of safety can only be achieved by proper Maintenance
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by joelag: 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
I complained about this same escalator last month.

Someone should check the restaurants on the arrival hall, everywhere smelling like montuary.
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Ykc2(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
IF YOU give nigeria Turkey's new airport to manage it won't a week everything inside the airport will stop working,lets not talk about dubai airport that one whole nigeria will not manage it
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Mummyfour(f): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
MrFixIt007:
Who can get the real owner of this name?

*Expect something as Gift!�����*

���� *Yekini Amoda Ogunlere*
asiwaju Bola Ahmed tinubu

Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by gulfer: 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
I have limited travel experience but I will say we have the worst airports than anywhere else. I did a brief stopover in Doha, Qatar and no one single screw is out of place or a bulb/light source failed. We are just a big for nothing country that cannot maintain an escalator that even the likes of midlevel shopping complexes like Shoprite are able to install and maintain actively. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2022
I didn't know what foul odour meant until I traveled out and came back to naija mehn..

The airport was dead smelling..I promise you
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by wizkidblogger(f): 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2022
na why i dey always try and find stairs to climb jeje

there is a staircase behind those atm machines...

i cannot shout oo
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by asamwababy: 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2022
People let us wake up.

We do not want it repaired.

FAAN must replace this escalator with a new one.

We as citizens demand for a replacement as this is not the first of such incident and its been happening for over 5 years now.

If FAAN fails to ensure a replacement is provided then we can conclude the airport authority wants to harm the Nigerian citizens.

Share with your loved one's that no escalator should be made use of in that facility.
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by big7: 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2022
Blood Sacrifice accepted.

Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by gasparpisciotta: 1:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
AdamuKD:
Tilinbu Lagos
Zombies are dumb
Nonsense slum state

Illiteracy is a disease
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Khaysee: 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
They have to wait till it spoil bad agency

Best deals in men clothing all sizes available
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by REALretep(m): 1:45pm On Sep 05, 2022
Let her sue and get paid for damages.
But the unfortunate thing is that no one is getting sacked or queried for this.
Las las the case will be dragged for years after which damages in millions will be awarded the plaintiff by the courts and government pays and that is all.

Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
An international airport having a death trap as escalators calls for heads to roll! Since FAAN is claiming responsibility, can they tell us what else is wrong with the airport?

Accidents are unavoidable and every mechanical device is prone to unexpected failure!

Don't make it sound like accidents don't happen in advanced countries
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by NNEVERAGAINN: 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
An international airport having a death trap as escalators calls for heads to roll! Since FAAN is claiming responsibility, can they tell us what else is wrong with the airport?
That head to roll statement got me Laughing grin grin... Nigeria is such a funny country
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Lazyreporta(m): 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2022
AdamuKD:
Tilinbu Lagos
Zombies are dumb
Nonsense slum state

E be like say your sense Don evaporate. I mean, this is international airport, federal government not state.. So how did tinubu come in here? Abeg na, make una dey use sense small..

And this can happen anywhere in the world, electronics can malfunction.

Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by otokx(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
asamwababy:
People let us wake up.

We do not want it repaired.

FAAN must replace this escalator with a new one.

We as citizens demand for a replacement as this is not the first of such incident and its been happening for over 5 years now.

If FAAN fails to ensure a replacement is provided then we can conclude the airport authority wants to harm the Nigerian citizens.

Share with your loved one's that no escalator should be made use of in that facility.

the cost of repairing may even be more than the cost of replacing.
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Presido44: 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2022
We’ve got work to do…
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by tunapawizzy: 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
e fit be Gbenga Daniel's company Kresta Laurel wey dey manage/service the escalator...guess his party
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Elidrisy20: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2022
Nigeria ote' baje'
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Emman08: 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2022
A Nigerian government agency taking responsibility and apologising?

What alternate universe is this?
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Sleekfingers: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
Funny ppl, FAAN only reacted because the man said he will take legal action against it's agency...

Lackadaisical attitude of Nigeria staffs to work is always below pair, was in the same airport on Friday each staff I meet was like asking for one monetary favor.

Very annoying. Is like dem don use begging swear for most Nigerians. Especially those idiots at the airport.
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by phemmyfour: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2022
Must we escalate the news cos it involves naija airport? Machines can breakdown at any time t
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by nedekid: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
apache22b:
I pity the Obidient's urchins that will waste their useless votes on their Grandmaster who's the father of all lies.

Mark my words today, Peter Obi is going no where with his inconsequential lies.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for a better Nigeria, better Economy, better Security.

Tinubu will single handedly eradicate touts ,Cultism and Agberos in the whole of Nigeria if elected into office.

Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins are only looking for what to eat and impoverish Nigeria even more .

Labour Party is a structureless party and cannot do more than a dead rat, just like the vulture griller [b][/b]

My brothers and sisters be wise and do what is right for a better future for our dear Country

Only Bola Ahmed Tinubu can put Nigeria on the right track again shocked
You OK so? What has this story got to do with the crap you just vomited? Even with that, why not face your mentor and leave others to face theirs? Na by force?

Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by membranus: 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2022
Taking full responsibility like Shaggy Boy after total service failure.

Nigeria's public service, a disgrace to our society.
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Very annoying. Is like dem don use begging swear for most Nigerians. Especially those idiots at the airport.

As in their matter tire person, The lady that scanned/checked in my luggage was like since I have gotten my own anointing I should give her own, I was like let me collect my purse outside immediately she agreed I muve without looking back, from her to the securities, staff the story never changed...

Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by nedekid: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2022
I was on that escalator the same day. Arrived around 2.30pm.
The problem is that the immigration set up their screening point just after the elevator. So fresh arrivals have to queue and the lines extend to the base of the excalator. So once you stand on the escalator to take you down, it descends on the mass of people on the queue, no where to move. So they tumble on each other.
My post yesterday made reference to the shouting match that happened between airport officials and passangers. A Yoruba man with his family. Omo, I twale for the guy, he did not allow himself to be intimidated.
That airport is a shit hole. Once you step out of the aircraft and into the tunnel abi apron it is called, you smell raw sewage ie like latrine smell. I wonder if that tunnel has a soak away.

Ogbunike Cave And Her Untapped Tourist Potentials / Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles / Is Boko Haram Responsible For The Air Crash?