Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport (13280 Views)

Emdee Tiamiyu Apologises Over Comment On BBC Interview / FAAN Apologises Over blackout At MMIA, Ikeja / Commotion Among Passengers In Nigeria-turkey Bound Plane Over Faulty AC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by imoleoluwa48b: 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2022
NooooDon't take responsibility, blame PDP,Igbos, unknown gunmen..shameful lotsNooooDon't take responsibility, blame PDP,Igbos, unknown gunmen..shameful lots...
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by jrusky(m): 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
AdamuKD:
grin
Tilinbu Lagos
Zombies are dumb
Nonsense slum state

The airport was built by Tinubu baa?

Who is dumb here now is it you who could not differentiate who built Airport and who airport matter is not his problem.
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by goldbim(f): 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2022
nedekid:
I was on that escalator the same day. Arrived around 2.30pm.
The problem is that the immigration set up their screening point just after the elevator. So fresh arrivals have to queue and the lines extend to the base of the excalator. So once you stand on the escalator to take you down, it descends on the mass of people on the queue, no where to move. So they tumble on each other.
My post yesterday made reference to the shouting match that happened between airport officials and passangers. A Yoruba man with his family. Omo, I twale for the guy, he did not allow himself to be intimidated.
That airport is a shot hole. Once you step out of the aircraft and into the tunnel abi apron it is called, you smell raw sewage ie like latrine smell. I wonder if that tunnel has a soak away.
You can say that again!!you are absolutely very right..Also that area smells like it's rat infested...I was there last week and my 7years old nephew kept asking me "do we have to come back??there's nothing welcoming about our Arrival hall ..faulty air condition,the floors of the toilet keeps oozing like public latrine..baggage carousels?? story for another day..I avoid using the escalator because of stories like this and they just proved me right!!

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by fapcrook(m): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
An international airport having a death trap as escalators calls for heads to roll! Since FAAN is claiming responsibility, can they tell us what else is wrong with the airport?

So many things, dirty, heat i.e very hot, bad odour, staff requesting for bribes , so many things
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Originalsly: 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2022
FAAN needs to be sued ... for hundreds of millions. The apology is from the lips ... they are not sorry... nor have intentions of making the escalators safe. After all the complaints... and users being piled up at the foot of the elevator ... he is apologizing for the sudden mechanical faults. How is this sudden?
Fast escalator.... isn't there like a safety speed limit for escalators? .... I used hundreds and they all go at pretty much the same speed. I'm almost sure the contractor used a motor not made for escalators.
Re: FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport by Wwwq: 12:47am On Sep 06, 2022
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogbunike Cave And Her Untapped Tourist Potentials / Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles / Is Boko Haram Responsible For The Air Crash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.