Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church (3213 Views)

What Is Your Greatest Fear In Going Into Marriage / 5 Reasons Why Men Loose Interest After Sleeping With A Woman / My Girlfriend Insults Me And It’s Making me Loose My Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Rtk5: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
Few years back i was a member of a particular church/ministry which is a prophetic ministry. I usually support with the little i could because i was doing very well financially, down the line i mistakenly impregnated my girlfriend, so i had to bring her to stay with me because the family insisted that i marry her or I should take her to my place and when she gives birth we could then marry, they don't want the pregnancy to get obvious due to shame of what people will say. Two months before she gave birth things became so bad for me that even feeding was a problem, God bless my wife's family who supported us so very well and wholeheartedly, infact i can do anything for my mother-in-law to make her happy, she is really a mother to me. Even my family that I normally assist when I was in position abandoned me. Back to the issue;

When she gave birth, the prophet could not even call to know how the new baby was doing not to talk of assisting or buying a gift of a single pampers(Lols) because the prophet said he does not support all that happened due to that fact that we didn't officially marry with the Lady. To my shock what I was even hearing from the church, especially the prophet's brother was that i now very broke, that i don't have money for bleaching anymore and i have become so black and lots more. So I left the church and started attending another church which a friend introduced me to. In just a week of attending the church i was really helped financially even without asking, just because they were told my wife just gave birth.

I didn't know how they got to know that i started attending another church and the even know my new church very well. Later, i started hearing that i've started attending the church of a fake prophet and that i went there just because of what i was getting from the church(financially).

This was a church that when I was doing well, I was supporting and partnering with then so much. I've learnt alot, which means they've judged and condemned me even before the Almighty God.

I am glad that God have restored me financially. Glory be to His Name. But I don't go to church again, I worship God at home and listen to messages alot, that's all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by care4you: 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
I stopped reading at "church"!

I hate anything related to religion!

Fvck you and your nonsense story!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2022
church/religion is just a cheap avenue for conmen to defraud generous people....and when you have nothing to offer them, you are useless in their eyes.

6 Likes

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by brosom(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
care4you:

which ogogoro u take?

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by care4you: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2022
brosom:
which ogogoro u take?

1 Like

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by brosom(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
care4you:

thought as much, sorry undecided
Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by care4you: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2022
brosom:
thought as much, sorry undecided

Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Truvelisback(m): 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
Rtk5:
Few years back i was a member of a particular church/ministry which is a prophetic ministry. I usually support with the little i could because i was doing very well financially, down the line i mistakenly impregnated my girlfriend, so i had to bring her to stay with me because the family insisted that i marry her or I should take her to my place and when she gives birth we could then marry, they don't want the pregnancy to get obvious due to shame of what people will say. Two months before she gave birth things became so bad for me that even feeding was a problem, God bless my wife's family who supported us so very well and wholeheartedly, infact i can do anything for my mother-in-law to make her happy, she is really a mother to me. Even my family that I normally assist when I was in position abandoned me. Back to the issue;

When she gave birth, the prophet could not even call to know how the new baby was doing not to talk of assisting or buying a gift of a single pampers(Lols) because the prophet said he does not support all that happened due to that fact that we didn't officially marry with the Lady. To my shock what I was even hearing from the church, especially the prophet's brother was that i now very broke, that i don't have money for bleaching anymore and i have become so black and lots more. So I left the church and started attending another church which a friend introduced me to. In just a week of attending the church i was really helped financially even without asking, just because they were told my wife just gave birth.

I didn't know how they got to know that i started attending another church and the even know my new church very well. Later, i started hearing that i've started attending the church of a fake prophet and that i went there just because of what i was getting from the church(financially).

This was a church that when I was doing well, I was supporting and partnering with then so much. I've learnt alot, which means they've judged and condemned me even before the Almighty God.

I am glad that God have restored me financially. Glory be to His Name. But I don't go to church again, I worship God at home and listen to messages alot, that's all.
It is well. Still go to church.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by jeromestarks: 12:00am On Sep 06, 2022
Rtk5:

If you stopped going to church, you're doing yourself.

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by A4alpha: 1:42am On Sep 06, 2022
Had similar experience this happened some years back even the church rev was at present when man pikin was publicly disgraced. He later invited man to come over for little assistance could you imagine d same so called rev renegade and deny his own promise. Forgot matter, I pity d sheeple
Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by pointblank247(m): 2:27am On Sep 06, 2022
Op i have a question for you, after the first church treated you "badly" and you left, the second church you joined treated you well and even assisted you financially but you still left them again to stay on your own ,
What exactly is your problem ?
In the first church you were a fornicator and when the bubble busted, instead of to jejely go do the needful any how, i mean marry the girl , you still waited for it to become obvious, if the family of the girl could not tolerate the shame, how do you expect the church to clapp for you ?
I will tell you that no true church will clap for a fonicator, some will even send you away.

7 Likes

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Rtk5: 4:01am On Sep 06, 2022
pointblank247:
Op i have a question for you, after the first church treated you "badly" and you left, the second church you joined treated you well and even assisted you financially but you still left them again to stay on your own ,
What exactly is your problem ?
In the first church you were a fornicator and when the bubble busted, instead of to jejely go do the needful any how, i mean marry the girl , you still waited for it to become obvious, if the family of the girl could not tolerate the shame, how do you expect the church to clapp for you ?
I will tell you that no true church will clap for a fonicator, some will even send you away.

Nobody in the church know my house, I was the one who went jejely to the man of God & told him about what happened, If I wanted to hide it, I swear nobody in the church would know anything at all.
Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by harju007: 5:50am On Sep 06, 2022
Rtk5:
Nobody in the church know my house, I was the one who went jejely to the man of God & told him about what happened, If I wanted to hide it, I swear nobody in the church would know anything at all.

Trusting human being is @ ur own risk.
U for kukuma keep it to urself

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Ballzproblem2: 6:08am On Sep 06, 2022
we live in times where people don't give a Bleep about your existence unless you have something to offer ,guide your resources and asset ,be stingy with it ,give only those that shows loyalty , peace out!

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Mathiasa(m): 7:28am On Sep 06, 2022
This is my own reason.

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by michlins(m): 7:35am On Sep 06, 2022
Rtk5:

even the church that helped you when you were financially down, you abandoned right?

E no well

1 Like

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Nonexisting1: 7:49am On Sep 06, 2022
The only time I step this my foot inside church is during mother's and Father's Days. I go there only to support my parents. Immediately they announce that Jeremiah's son is supporting his father today with so so amount, I write a check, give to the wardens and make my way straight to the exit. Church now is business. Immediately they heard I renovated our family house and bought new truck for my father, they nominated my mother and crowned her ezinne in our village church. Our Venerable's wife is driving about 10 footsteps to the church in a rav4 but most women in the church are trekking several kilometers to the church and you tell me God lives there. Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by UnknownT: 9:39am On Sep 06, 2022
So why did you stop accepting the one that treated you well?
Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Chris2863(m): 9:41am On Sep 06, 2022
You don’t have to blame the church for your sexual escapade which lead to something else. If it had happened to another member of that church, you for still follow crucify am. So, no dey disturb us here with this your topic. You knew the church rules before your Odogwu scored the winning goal.
Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Belteshazzar1: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2022
I understood you bro...
But you can still look for a place and start fellowshipping there... Not every christian is wise with souls.... Don't let what people is saying tamper with the love you have for God....
Pray and Look for good church and join them..

1 Like

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by julybaba(m): 10:41am On Sep 06, 2022
1 John 4:20 -
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

...So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Jh 8:7

Ezekial 36:25-26; "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."
Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Nosayer: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2022
Going to church doesn't save anyone from sin and neither does it connects you to God.

In fact, churches in most cases are just a gathering of humans subjected to the failings you'll find in other places where humans are gathered. The only difference is that, someone is the most respected personality there and if that person is unregenerated, the church will have problem.

Seek encounter with God first. When you have that encounter, growth will become a must for you and as a growing child, you'll be directed to a proper place where you can find true worshippers.

But never think you'll substitute godliness for church going. It always ends in disappointment.
Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Prisco4luv(m): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2022
When it comes to church affairs, people can write stories because it is church.. It is well.
I still encourage you, to go-to a living church.
Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by spartan117(m): 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
care4you:

If the bolded were true you wouldn't have even bothered to open this thread because the word "church" is in the title of this thread.

But here you are, you not only opened and read through the thread but also commented with insults.

Better find Jesus and free yourself from that hate that's eating you up because you are only hurting yourself.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Made Me Loose Interest In Going To Church by Blue86(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2022
Op, please go to the church that took care of you and your gal with her baby, and wed her there.

Though I know, you have that realized the step you made with your gal was wrong.
Know that the Church makes mistakes, and man makes mistakes.

Please go to church. The second one.

A church left you, and another one held you.
This enough should give you hope.
You were helped when you needed it, even though you messed up.

(1) (Reply)

The Metaphysical Exists -my Experience / Finally Quit Music, See What Am Into Now! (pics). / Why is the Gb@la Shrinking Lately ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.