Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance (24013 Views)

Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United / Racial Abuse: Tammy Abraham Says English Players Will Walk Off If Targeted / Whoever Sanctioned The Sale Of Nemanja Matic To Man Utd Should Be Thrown Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by cadet222(m): 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
This is the reality and get used to it or become very good that you also will be favoured

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE
this is a normal phenomenon. no country will abandon its citizen to favour you. You've to be excellent to be on top the ladder.

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Nickisindigo(m): 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2022
i can bet on this season that man united will field a non- English first eleven i

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Ayodeoba: 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2022
Pandev:
Mr Hag has done that already. If by any chance he's talking about Rashford, he should forget. No even Ronaldo will start ahead of Rashford
every hands is pointing at maguire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by dreyboard(m): 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2022
He should realized the fact that they will prioritize their citizens than anyone else undecided
But man u overdo it in case of Maguire grin, despite losing form and it was clear, they go ahead and gave him the arm band over the likes of de Gea that has been in the club for almost 10 years. Thank God ten hag realized that sooner and started benching him already...
Maguire is United fans nightmare grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by thaoriginator: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2022
cry
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2022
Johnjanrt:
cool
Racist bastards that they are. Unless they do something about the English players' trend they're bound for a downward spiral.
Shut up abeg. Your precious Nigeria banned foreigners from modelling for products in Nigeria. But it isn't racism to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by ChristineC: 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2022
I think he has a point.
there's no reason anybody should play Maguire ahead of Bailly.

4 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Felabrity: 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2022
He is right
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Shikena(m): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2022
Spot on but just say it loud and clear "SIR HARRY MAGUIRE" grin

There are two Man Uniteds, the beast without Sir Harry and the pussycat with Sir Harry. However, they hit jackpot with Ten Hag, a truly solid modern manager.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Johnjanrt: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Shut up abeg. Your precious Nigeria banned foreigners from modelling for products in Nigeria. But it isn't racism to you.
I feel your pains oga. I didn't accused United of pointless favouritism. So face Erick Bailly in stead not me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by rusher14: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2022
Moferere:
Eric Bailly should put it in proper perspective.

Manchester United should avoid favouring Harry McGuire.

Simple! grin

grin

He was being diplomatic.

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by tuzle(m): 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2022
Pandev:
Mr Hag has done that already. If by any chance he's talking about Rashford, he should forget. No even Ronaldo will start ahead of Rashford
do u know before the arsenal game, rashford only had 2shots on target in all the games he started as a striker since the beginning of the league? Rashford is a one dimension kind of player that only got lucky against arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by lolu2019: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2022
Nasri100:
I understand his frustrations but you African footballers are very small in the scheme of things.

I will advise never to say negative things about your former employer cause you never know the ramifications.

Just focus at where you at and earn your paycheck and enjoy life.

Aside all the emotions and fanfare the clubs are the biggest player in this round leather game and they all work in tandem. All of them. Just take a look at the hidden Super League plans that didn’t materialize.

No footballer is bigger than the club.

u for put clip for him mouth nah.
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by toprealman: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2022
Imagine JJ crying that Bolton didn't give him a chance or Drogba go on about Chelsea.
Kanu is an Arsenal legend right? How was he used in the team? When you are out there do your magic!!!
If you are good, show it. I understand thr racist thing but if you are not feeling it, go elsewhere and show them who is Boss
- Haaland 1749

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Angelfrost(m): 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2022
Well said Bailly...

That's precisely what Ten Hag is doing now, and it's working perfectly for him.

In addition, he was smart enough to change his philosophy before the Liverpool game, and stick to counterattacks instead of his Ajax style.

He is a good coach!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by ZUBY77(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2022
The same chance they gave Phil Jones?
Bailey tries but not dependable.
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Bar1941(m): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2022
That is a lie my friend, if you were better and more outstanding than the chosen players you would have been chosen, many a time you fluctuate and very unpredictable as well.
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by rhymesnoni(m): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2022
As a Man u fan, the rate at which I hate seeing Maquire on the Pitch is unimaginable wallaih. when he stood to warm up againt Assssssnal I was so furious while assssssssssssssssnal fans were jubilating, as if they had scored a goal already. dem don get awoof na. Thank God we won sha!!

3 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by blackboy(m): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2022
African man with African mentality. I dont even know him. Man United got tradition and part of it is raising among the best if not the best English players who can compete with the best anywhere in the world. It is their country and if the whole squad is foreign players it can killl their national team.

1 Like

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by sylve11: 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2022
Nasri100:
I understand his frustrations but you African footballers are very small in the scheme of things.

I will advise never to say negative things about your former employer cause you never know the ramifications.

Just focus at where you at and earn your paycheck and enjoy life.

Aside all the emotions and fanfare the clubs are the biggest player in this round leather game and they all work in tandem. All of them. Just take a look at the hidden Super League plans that didn’t materialize.

No footballer is bigger than the club.

loud it. cool
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by ike007(m): 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2022
It's only man utd that does that sort of thing
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Angelfrost(m): 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2022
blackboy:
African man with African mentality. I dont even know him. Man United got tradition and part of it is raising among the best if not the best English players who can compete with the best anywhere in the world. It is their country and if the whole squad is foreign players it can killl their national team.

I agree with you, but must it be only Man United?!! What about the other top teams like Spurs, Chelsea, City, and Liverpool?!!

English players too should step up and deliver!

Dem no dey use shame dey chop shit!!! Pick players who can deliver to instructions! Their nationalities should be secondary!

Should he keep fielding Maguire and his gang below just to please the Queen at the detriment of his legacy and peace of mind?!! No way abeg!!!

1 Like

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by DavSagacity(m): 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2022
Am a Liverpool fan like you. And just like you, am still very annoyed how the pay rise / contract issue of Sadio Mane was handled.
Honestly I wish Liverpool will learn from this huge mistake for letting a workaholic like Manè to leave Anfield.
BigDawsNet:
Liverpool nko that prefer to play 57year old Milner and dash OX Chamberlain maternity leave for no reason while selling player like Mane!!!

Chelsea/Man United fans abeg how dem dey take play Europa? Cus we Liverpool no fit make Top as it stands...

1 Like

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Georgejeez: 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2022
Maguire name echoes all over his post , lol.

One thing that will continue to baffle me , is how Old Gunner soldier allowed Maguire to cause his sack without growing the balls to bench him .

3 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by SouthSouth1914: 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2022
ntyce:
English clubs owe it a duty to develop English/homegrown talents....

I won't blame them for that

That is not the point! Bailey made reference to Chelsea. You need to work hard to be in the starting 11! English or not
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by naikeboy(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2022
Charity begins at home if them no play and develops there players who them go play na.
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by phemmyfour: 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2022
codemaniacs:
Its called ENGLISH premier league and in Europe...

they must favor their own people...

you don't reveal things like this when you're outside your own country or indigenous region...

He hasn't realized that's how countries grow their indigenous populations...
Unfortunately, patriotism doesn't work with sport. Chelsea's 2012 ucl winning squad had less than 5 English boys in the line up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes / Photo Of Enyeama During Nigeria's Match / Germany Lose A World Cup Qualifying Match At Home For The First Time In 20yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.