Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide (17127 Views)

Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide / Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power / Cross River Governor Presents N1.043 Trillion Budget Estimates For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Bizibi(m): 7:44am On Sep 07, 2022
Hahahaha I knew they will use it as achievement..... election is coming. The next one will be cbn grants.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Honchoslim16(m): 7:44am On Sep 07, 2022
All i see on this Thread is a N!g#a just celebrating SH!T!!

5k Megawatts...... Nah, nah, the country issa JOKE!
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by hatakekakashi: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2022
This is true. We now enjoy light like crazy, I'm wondering for how long it'll continue.

3 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by clems88(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2022
Because it's rainy season grin let dry season begin first then we sha know grin grin
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2022
drlateef:

That’s great improvement compared to the PDP years. Buhari must be commended on this. Yes, improvement will come when the right policies and funding are in place. Corruption kills NIGERIA. We must kill corruption. The carrot and stick approach appears to be working.

True, but it could have been more. Much more
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by onuman: 7:47am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:
I KNEW BUHARI WOULD DELIVER ON ELECTRICITY BEFORE THE END OF HIS TENURE, LIKE HE PROMISED.

WELL DONE MR PRESIDENT.

WHAT WE AWAIT NOW IS TO HIT 6,000 TO 7,000 MEGAWATTS BEFORE THE END OF THIS ADMINISTRATION.

Juju no hold you?

Buhari and Tinubu campaign promise was on delivering 24/7 electricity supply.

What is 5kmw for a 200m population?
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2022
onuman:
In 7 years, a paltry 1000MW was all that got added to Nigeria's electricity generation by APC govt. Shameful.

HOW MANY DID PDP ADD IN 16 YEARS?

0?

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by charlesdinho7(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2022
in my local government, going to a week now, no power supply. saki west local government of oyo state
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 7:49am On Sep 07, 2022
onuman:

Juju no hold you?

Buhari and Tinubu campaign promise was on delivering 24/7 electricity supply.

What is 5kmw for a 200m population?

INSTEAD OF LOOKING BACKWARDS LIKE A DEMENTED PERSON, LOOK FORWARD AND ENJOY THE CURRENT IMPROVEMENTS, MR IPOB.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 7:51am On Sep 07, 2022
hatakekakashi:
This is true. We now enjoy light like crazy, I'm wondering for how long it'll continue.

It will only improve from here on out as the Siemens deal gets into full swing and the national grid is upgraded.

2 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by onuman: 7:51am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

HOW MANY DID PDP ADD IN 16 YEARS?

0?

No be APC Juju hold you?
PDP laid the power infrastructures that APC was expected to have used to arrive to at least, 10,000MW generation in 2 years after 2015.

2 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by sukkot: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2022
nepa has been good. past 24 hours no break

4 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Parachoko: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

No problem. The deal is officially known as the Presidential Power Initiative, and the aim is to provide Nigeria with 25,000 megawatts of electricity by 2025. Here it is:

https://www.theafricareport.com/207351/nigerias-first-presidential-power-initiative-to-boost-capacity-to-25000mw-by-2025/
thank you

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by omenka(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

YOU TELL US, since you claim to ''know''.

Stupid dunce calling Ghana of 20 million people.

Why should Ghana not have better power supply with such a tiny population?

The smaller a country, the easier it is to supply it with power. That is why large developing nations like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc, suffer acute power shortages, and require more power investment over more years to reach full coverage than say Rwanda, Togo, Gambia, Ghana, Namibia or Benin Republic.

Don't use your common sense, you hear? Mumu X 1000. smiley
You're acting as though you don't know the reason that person is writing all that rubbish under the guise of "criticizing celebration of midiocrity" is simply because he's one of those who HATES TO HEAR ANY GOOD STUFF HAPPENING TO NIGERIA.

Sometimes, when people quote you, do well to check their history before replying them so you don't waste your time talking to an IPOB zombie.

I'm sure he's one of those nonentities celebrating Obi commissioning a single block of classrooms, tagging it giant strides in education sector. Yet it pains him no end to see Nigerians get excited about improved power supply.

These people aren't humans trust me.

3 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by NLElder: 7:57am On Sep 07, 2022
Where una dey see dis so called improved light everyone is talking about?
Quintopia:
Why Nigeria is Experiencing Improved Supply of Electricity

https://nairametrics.com/2022/09/04/nigerians-are-experiencing-improved-power-supply-as-generation-reaches-a-record-high-since-august-2022/
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 7:57am On Sep 07, 2022
onuman:

No be APC Juju hold you?
PDP laid the power infrastructures that APC was expected to have used to arrive to at least, 10,000MW generation in 2 years after 2015.

Spare me this garbage. It took PDP 16 years to 'lay the power infrastructure'. WHAT POWER INFRASTRUCTURE? The national grid was antiquated when they left, so the power stations OBJ built were generally useless.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:00am On Sep 07, 2022
omenka:
You're acting as though you don't know the reason that person is writing all that rubbish under the guise of "criticizing celebration of midiocrity" is simply because he's one of those who HATES TO HEAR ANY GOOD STUFF HAPPENING TO NIGERIA.

Sometimes, when people quote you, do well to check their history before replying them so you don't waste your time talking to an IPOB zombie.

I'm sure he's one of those nonentities celebrating Obi commissioning a single block of classrooms, tagging it giant strides in education sector. Yet it pains him no end to see Nigerians get excited about improved power supply.

THANK YOU BRO. But sometimes it is good to just answer them as though they were strangers, so you can answer them with facts, since most nairalanders don't really know who is who. But point taken. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Owologbo(m): 8:01am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:
I KNEW BUHARI WOULD DELIVER ON ELECTRICITY BEFORE THE END OF HIS TENURE, LIKE HE PROMISED.

WELL DONE MR PRESIDENT.

WHAT WE AWAIT NOW IS TO HIT 6,000 TO 7,000 MEGAWATTS BEFORE THE END OF THIS ADMINISTRATION.
Olodo. R

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Bontafa: 8:01am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

Spare me this garbage. It took PDP 16 years to 'lay the power infrastructure'. WHAT POWER INFRASTRUCTURE? The national grid was antiquated when they left, so the power stations OBJ built were generally useless.

Political ass licker
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by ImDStar: 8:01am On Sep 07, 2022
Bro, you're only used to suffering nothing more.

It's only in Nigeria educated and grownup man celebrate fly over.

Put together the money Nigeria has spent on electricity and compare it with other countries, then come back and modify your post.

Quintopia:

ABEG SHUT UP. Power supply takes a long while to get right for a huge population like Nigeria.

South Africa has been building power infrastructure since the 1800s while Nigeria's first power plant, Kainji dam, was commissioned only in 1964 after independence, since all the British colonisers did was loot.

If they elect you, you will encounter the same difficulties of previous leaders.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Gabaleve(m): 8:02am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

WELL DONE MR PRESIDENT.

LOL.. I doubt, u go don old die before that time, it will soon fall back to 4000..this isn't the first time we hitting 5k

2 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Gabaleve(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

ABEG SHUT UP. Power supply takes a long while to get right for a huge population like Nigeria.

South Africa has been building power infrastructure since the 1800s while Nigeria's first power plant, Kainji dam, was commissioned only in 1964 after independence, since all the British colonisers did was loot.

You are a goat.. You should shut up.. There's been power in Nigeria befr 1964

If they elect you, you will encounter the same difficulties of previous leaders.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2022
Bontafa:

Political ass licker

THANK YOU. I WILL LICK ANYONE'S ASS WHO PROVIDES NIGERIANS WITH IMPROVED POWER SUPPLY.

IF YOU CANNOT STAND THAT, GO HANG YOURSELF. IPOB GOAT.

2 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by PublicEye: 8:06am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

WELL DONE MR PRESIDENT.

you and those that liked your post are mad...
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by NwaMamaIwota(f): 8:06am On Sep 07, 2022
omenka:

trash
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Nijablast: 8:07am On Sep 07, 2022
OriOko88:

Shut ur stinking mouth. Stop celebrating mediocrity. What difficulty is there in solving power issue,that most countries have solved since the 80s and moved on to other challenges. You lots will keep re enforcing failures because it's heredity and in ur DNA. The joke is on you!
Abeg change your name to bad news. Most of you guys don't know the reason you get bad news in what you do. If you can't be positive for once then negativity won't stop following you.
I dey here for you if you want to quote me. Ewu.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by stano2(m): 8:07am On Sep 07, 2022
OriOko88:

You're just bleating like a goat,giving vague comparison here and there. Why not post the power generation of Pakistan and Bangladesh so we could see that they're also generating 5k megawatts capacity as Nigeria. They have almost d same size as Nigeria. Post their power generation now let's see. Ignoramus. The fool is saying the bigger d country the bigger the power problem. That means big countries like Russia,china and brazil too are experiencing power problems because of their big sizes. Ode ni bobo i sha. See idiotic comparison cheesy
he's really dumb
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Bontafa: 8:07am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

THANK YOU. I WILL LICK ANYONE'S ASS WHO PROVIDES NIGERIANS WITH IMPROVED POWER SUPPLY.

IF YOU CANNOT STAND THAT, GO HANG YOURSELF. IPOB GOAT.

And that is good supply.

Animal in human skin .

When kanji was built , why did they not start from 500MV

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by onuman: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

PDP's may be Like the Siemens thing now that APC flies about and promises 7000mw only after the end of 8 years term of President Buhari.

PDP and APC are two sides of the same coin.
We have been fooled by the two for a long time
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Gabaleve(m): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

The smaller a country, the easier it is to supply it with power. That is why large developing nations like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc, suffer acute power shortages, and require more power investment over more years to reach full coverage than say Rwanda, Togo, Gambia, Ghana, Namibia or Benin Republic.

Oga them say make u compare and contrast... Eleribu ọmọ ale
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
trash

HE IS SAYING THE TRUTH.

YOU ARE INHUMAN.

IF YOU HAD A MODICUM OF HUMANITY, YOU WOULD APPLAUD AND SUPPORT ANYTHING THAT IMPACTS POSITIVELY ON THE LIVES OF YOUR COMPATRIOTS.

INSTEAD, YOUR MIND IS BLIGHTED BY HATE AND TRIBALISM.

YOU AND YOUR TYPE ARE SICK AND NEED HELP.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by stano2(m): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

You ended up saying nothing, i thought you were intelligent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times / Any Man Of God Against Buhari Is Fake – Interfaith Group / Senator Ubah Visits Burnt Mgbuka Nkpor Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.